• Show
Clear All

• Thriller
    replied
    Ah that’s a shame!

Leave a comment:

• aang
    replied
    Wayne Turns out I still have some deadline to do over the weekend and I'm afraid I will not be taking part. So sorry! Best of luck to everyone though!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilPray View Post
    i just saw the competition and made something real quick for fun
    Thanks for submitting your entry!

We are into the final day of the competition - in the immortal words of Elvis Presley…it’s now or never!

Leave a comment:

• Shego
    replied
    i just saw the competition and made something real quick for fun

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by abi View Post
    Also Wayne do we have some kind of tagline for UKMIX?
    We don’t at the moment, some of the entrants so far have made their own up - but I do like the idea of having a tag line, so if you wanted to include one in your entry, that would be fine.

Leave a comment:

• aang
    replied
    Also Wayne do we have some kind of tagline for UKMIX?

Leave a comment:

• aang
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne View Post
    We are into the last 3 days - any last minute entries?
    Me! Knowing me I'm probably submitting this on the 31st 11:59 PM sooo...

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    We are into the last 3 days - any last minute entries?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    We are into the last week of the competition, please get your entries in the next few days!

Leave a comment:

• franklex
    replied
    I ve already sent my logo and banner but if we have two more weeks maybe I could make 2nd option tho

Leave a comment:

• aang
    replied
    Thanks for the mentions everyone! I'll think about it and see if I could submit. Not really a pro in logo design but I'll give it a try - still have around 2 weeks left, right? I'm a very last-minute kinda guy so thanks for your understanding.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    ** UPDATE **

We’ve had some great entries in so far, which we will share with the community when the contest reaches that stage! Thanks so much to those who have already submitted entries!

Can we get anymore - any other willing participants? Some notable absences (yes I’m looking at you abi ). A shame the likes of Bhaggers Era and xtofer aren’t regulars anymore as they also had artistic flares.

I propose we keep this open until the end of July - we’ll then pick our winner in August!

Leave a comment:

• allygdale
    replied
    Dedicated should Be included

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
    I'm probably in the minority, but I'd be ok with something that didn't involve orange
    Ditto. Blue would be a perfect colour.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Up to the designer I guess! The things I’d like to see are:

- Keep it relevant to UKMIX (be that colours, or imagery associated with what UKMIX is known for - like Mike’s thoughts).

- Make it modern - for me, less is more but also conscious that won’t be to everyone’s liking.

- I don’t know whether it’s possible but tie it in with our age and longevity (e.g. to celebrate their longevity, some sites would have “est. 1999” on there).

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Maybe it doesnt have to be completely orange but orange could be the secondary colour?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    I'd also be good with losing the orange.

I'll keep the old forum style as selectable for those that wish to keep old UKMIX.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Damn, I was imagining some strobe lighting like I was attending a club

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd be ok with something that didn't involve orange

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    No to animated banners - static only please.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Would like to keep some orange too! But we should really modernise it, maybe we could have a banner that includes all the things that makes us UKMIX - Eurovision, Mariah (divas), charts, telly, survivors…

Wayne the animated question is one for you I guess.

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    In terms of a design I would like to see, something that keeps the signature orange? And maybe playing up the vinyl feature in the background too.

I think given that vinyl are making a comeback, modernising it in a sleek design may work well.

Leave a comment:

• franklex
    replied
    Thriller could it be animated btw?

I guess I will have a time to participate here
    Thnx cheapthrills

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    franklex does some amazing designs as well

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Nominating abi for this!

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Era abi Both of you slay with your designs, maybe this is something for you guys

Leave a comment:

Working...
X