No announcement yet.

UKMix Favourite Songs of the Last 20 Years | COMPLETED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you think I should exclude ‘We Belong Together’ from my upcoming ‘Big 5 Divas’ countdown, please like this post

Comment

• I only participate in cheapthrill-led specials anyway - no big loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
        I only participate in cheapthrill-led specials anyway - no big loss.
        Sassy !

OT - Congrats Goat. Head and shoulders above the rest of the top 3.

Only fitting that I should close this countdown with an acapella snippet of the winning song.

https://voca.ro/1jRYBNReKLly

Bonus points for anyone who can guess which performance my snippet comes from
        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Sassy !

Only fitting that I should close this countdown with an acapella snippet of the winning song.

It sounds like the Kidz Bop version of GOAT.

Comment

Sassy !

Never thot in a million years that I would ever think of you as the saving grace of kMix, ty for making the forum somewhat tolerable.

Comment

It sounds like the Kidz Bop version of GOAT.
              Close but no cigar. It is of course Mariahs live attempt at the note at the Grammys 2006

Joking, it sounds more like the kids bop version. By the way they did an update on that, rerecorded with autotune and comping.

This glow up from their original

Last edited by InFamous; Fri December 3, 2021, 01:43.

Comment

• You know a song is a classic or iconic if you remember when you first heard it the first time and over and over again.

Gaga, Britney & Mariah

Great countdown thanks to cheap thrills and all the hours spent tabulating. Got to give it to you. Perseverance and passion and lots of surprises and forgotten worthy misses too.

Comment

Never thot in a million years that I would ever think of you as the saving grace of kMix, ty for making the forum somewhat tolerable.
                  My pleasure .. but I was always a GOAT supporter

Comment

Close but no cigar. It is of course Mariahs live attempt at the note at the Grammys 2006

Joking, it sounds more like the kids bop version. By the way they did an update on that, rerecorded with autotune and comping.

This glow up from their original

I was lion to myself. SCREAMING.

Comment

I was lion to myself. SCREAMING.
                      The addition of the background ( even though lyrically incorrect) and the faded out smooth sounding climax note are both notable improvements though.

Do you remember that JLO edit for the original, it was so realistic. When I saw it the first time, not having heard the kids bop one, i legit thought that it was real

Comment

My pleasure .. but I was always a GOAT supporter
                        Yes - even during the bleakest moments, I gave you that badge.

Comment

The addition of the background ( even though lyrically incorrect) and the faded out smooth sounding climax note are both notable improvements though.

Do you remember that JLO edit for the original, it was so realistic. When I saw it the first time, not having heard the kids bop one, i legit thought that it was real
                          They didn’t even try the climax - a relief on one hand but the climax is what made the original cover so... infamous?

No you did not. Why would you even believe that J.No would be singing GOAT of all things?

Also, wtf is Bieber doing on there?

Comment

• I'm no Mariah stan, but the last 45 seconds or so of WBT is just

LOVE Bad Romance and I feel like it's actually aged quite well compared to some of her other hits of that time.

I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't give 2 sh!ts about Toxic so I'm glad it didn't win (She has so much better!)

Comment

They didn’t even try the climax - a relief on one hand but the climax is what made the original cover so... infamous?

No you did not. Why would you even believe that J.No would be singing GOAT of all things?

Well Brenda K Starr is releasing a cover of AIWFCIY in Spanish so anything is possible.

And it sounds very like her tonally.

Comment

Well they are kids, you cannot expect them to jump octaves. Sometimes I cannot even face the thought of going there and just do a low harmony instead. I dont think you realize how high it is.

Comment

Well Brenda K Starr is releasing a cover of AIWFCIY in Spanish so anything is possible.

And it sounds very like her tonally.
                                  Ironically, J.No released her Xmas GOAT “cover“ too a few years ago.

Comment

I only participate in cheapthrill-led specials anyway - no big loss.
                                    That’s a pity. Your commentary will be missed dearly.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                      I really hoped that 'We Belong Together' would not end as No. 1 on this countdown as I consider the song massively overrated on here, but well, the majority has spoken - congrats to those who like the song!
                                      Mariah herself is overrated...Such a bad diva...
                                      "Your Billboard Top Ten" Game: All-Time Top contributors Countdown

Comment

• Originally posted by hun View Post
                                        If you think I should exclude ‘We Belong Together’ from my upcoming ‘Big 5 Divas’ countdown, please like this post
                                        The lambs will just back "Always Be My Baby" instead.
                                        Akini's Tribute to Kanye West: [110-101]
                                        Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2021: [#1]
                                        Akini's Top 25 Albums of 2021: [#1]
                                        Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2021: [#1]
                                        Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Easy on Me [9 weeks]
                                        AlbumClash 2.0: [The Weeknd vs. Lil Nas X]

By now Julia was ready to get up and turn the walk-in closet into a walk-out closet.

Comment

• No matter how many times Mariah takes the #1 spot, it's always a joy to see.

Especially with We Belong Together. One of her all time best songs. It has so many brilliant lines.
                                          The emotion is also so strong; goosebumps every time.
                                          Without a doubt, Mariah is one of the best songwriters of all time IMO.
                                          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Great work! Thanks for this Fantastic countdown!
                                            https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...-first-edition

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...-first-edition

Comment

• Three highly predictable songs - particularly the top two. However, I never expected the No. 1 to be quite THAT far ahead of anything.

I don't really see the fuss in any of them myself. Britney and particularly Mariah have had some far better songs. (That is not that I rate the Britney song more than the Mariah one, but that Mariah has some songs I love far more than anything Britney ever did). Gaga's never really been my thing - and "Bad Romance" was just inescapable.

Huge thanks to cheapthrills for all your hard work, both in doing this, and in everything else you've been running at once!

Comment

• I didn't vote, but like to represent my favourite song.

My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                                                In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

• NOMINEE for the 4th Annual UKMIX Hot100 AWARDS as

Voting will start once all categories are announced! Stay tuned!
                                                  CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                                                  FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

Working...
                                                  X