Billboard Music Awards 2017

Moderators: tdc2000, biscuits

Postby Nippian93 » Sat May 13, 2017 10:13 pm

John Legend & Florida Georgia Line to Perform (Together!) At 2017 Billboard Music Awards

The excitement continues to build for next weekend's Billboard Music Awards with news of John Legend and Florida Georgia Line performing a live duet at the awards show on Sunday, May 21, live from Las Vegas.
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... sic-awards
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Loveguru » Sun May 14, 2017 4:50 pm

Beyonce should have a big night.

I mean she will clean up the Album ones.

She surely will win 90% of her nominations since this is a numbers game
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby TIfan » Sun May 14, 2017 4:55 pm

Maybe R&B album, but Drake sold more during the time I believe.
TIfan
Legend

Postby imlookedat81 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:58 am

Looking forward to see Celine stealing the show once more :D
imlookedat81
Personal Assistant

Postby Nippian93 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:08 pm

Pop Crave‏ @PopCrave 42m42 minutes ago
Aside from performing her debut single at the #BBMAs, Camila Cabello will also perform new song titled "I Have Questions".
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:22 pm

Nicki Minaj Teams With Katy Perry For New Collaboration

EW confirms that the ladies have linked up for new song named ‘Swish Swish’ from Perry’s upcoming 4th studio album ‘Witness.’

The track, which is described as a “fun dance song,” has no specific release date beyond the June 9th arrival of the LP.

However, many are speculating that it could arrive sooner than expected. Especially in light of Onika’s Twitter tease moments ago:
NICKI MINAJ @NICKIMINAJ
1 1/2 #SwishSwishBish #NickiBBMAs

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2017/05/nicki ... aboration/
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:58 pm

Exclusive: Gwen Stefani to present Cher with Billboard's Icon Award

USA TODAY can exclusively reveal that Stefani will present the Icon Award to Cher, who will give her first awards show performance in 15 years.

Cher will sing Believe, and will perform another one of her classic songs, too. “It’s such a rarity that Cher performs on television,” says executive producer Mark Bracco. “Whenever Cher does anything, it’s an event.”
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/ent ... 01796184/#
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:37 am

Nicki Minaj to Open 2017 BILLBOARD MUSIC AWARDS with Epic 9-Minute Performance

Dick Clark productions and ABC today announced that multi-platinum artist Nicki Minaj will open the 2017 BILLBOARD MUSIC AWARDS with an epic 9-minute performance featuring special guests Lil Wayne, Jason Derulo and David Guetta.
http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/arti ... e-20170518
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:05 pm

10 Things to Look Forward to at This Year's Billboard Music Awards

1. Miley Cyrus performing "Malibu." Since making her big return to music's forefront with her Billboard cover story earlier this May, Miley Cyrus has proven with her lovely comeback single "Malibu" that she's still a pop force to be reckoned with. The constantly self-reinventing star will make her return to the BBMAs stage on Sunday, to give "Malibu" its live national TV debut, in what's sure to be one of the most buzzed-about performances of the night.

2. The Chainsmokers and Drake vying for the biggest year in BBMAs history. Both the EDM duo and the hip-hop megastar scored 22 nominations at this year's Billboard Music Awards, tying the all-time record for an artist in a single year. If either artist walks away with more than a dozen awards at Sunday's ceremonies, they could pass current record-holder Adele for the most wins ever at a single BBMAs. Twenty One Pilots (with 17 nominations) and Rihanna (14) could also set a new benchmark.

3. Vanessa Hudgens joining Ludacris as co-host. The rapper born Christopher Bridges will be taking center stage at the BBMAs for the first time this year, but this time he won't be doing it alone -- Ludacris will be joined by movie and TV star Vanessa Hudgens. "I think I might give him a little more energy than what he’s used to, but we’ll just have to wait and see, Hudgens predicted. "I think it’s going to be a lot of fun."

4. Nicki Minaj opening the awards. The BBMAs will kick off with a performance from one of pop and hip-hop's biggest stars, as Nicki Minaj -- fresh off the release of her new Katy Perry collaboration "Swish Swish" -- will open the show. On Thursday, Minaj confirmed on Twitter that she'll be bringing some guests along with her, too: Jason Derulo (whose current "Swalla" hit she's featured on), and Lil Wayne and David Guetta, who she collaborated with for the recent "Light My Body Up."

5. Hamilton vs. Purple Rain. One of the more compelling (if less likely) showdowns of the evening will come in the Top Soundtrack/Cast Album, between the best-selling Hamilton soundtrack and Prince's classic Purple Rain -- a 1984 release which already won the American Music Award for Top Soundtrack last year, given its strong sales after the Purple One's tragic 2016 death. Neither set is a shoo-in, though -- they'll also receive strong competition in the category from the blockbuster soundtracks to Moana, Suicide Squad and Trolls.

6. Camila Cabello's first totally solo TV performance. Camila Cabello has taken plenty of national stages as a member of Fifth Harmony, and earlier this May, graced the MTV Movie and TV Awards along with Pitbull and J Balvin to perform their Fate of the Furious soundtrack single "Hey Ma." But this Sunday, days after releasing her new "Crying in the Club" single, Camila steps out on her own for the first time on an awards show -- a performance guaranteed to go down in Harmonizer lore for all time.

7. Rihanna and Justin Bieber going for the most total wins in BBMAs history. Taylor Swift sits as the current pace-setter for all-time Billboard Music Awards victories, with 21 total wins. But Swift's record could be in jeopardy on Sunday night, as Rihanna -- already a 12-time winner -- could pass her if she takes home 10 or more of the 14 BBMAs she's nominated for. And while he can't pass her this year, Justin Bieber (15 wins) could match Taylor's 21, if he goes a perfect 6-for-6 with his half-dozen nominations.

8. Twenty One Pilots vs. The Chainsmokers. Maybe 2016's two biggest breakout acts -- certainly among genre-blurring crossover duos -- will find themselves squaring off against one another at the BBMAs in a staggering 10 separate categories, including Top Artist, Top Duo/Group, Top Hot 100 Artist, and the fan-voted Billboard Chart Achievement. Which duo will carry the night? It might be a photo finish between them.

9. Celine Dion and Cher bringing back the late '90s. Two official Billboard Music Awards Icons -- last year's recipient Celine Dion, and this year's winner Cher -- will flash back a couple decades on Sunday night, with performances of two Hot 100-topping classics: "My Heart Will Go On" (celebrating its 20th anniversary this year) and "Believe," respectively. In her recent Billboard cover story, Cher revealed that despite the song's ultimate success, recording "Believe" was a "nightmare," and its trademark Auto-Tune vocal effects came as a result of her storming out of the studio early.

10. The Beyonce vs. Adele rematch. For pop fans who loved the drama of watching the two titans squaring off for top honors at the 2017 Grammys, they'll get a chance to see the pair go at it again at the BBMAs, where Adele and Beyonce will square off in two categories -- including Top Artist. Will Adele make it two for two? Will Beyonce turn the tables on her? Or will any of the other eight nominees -- such as Drake, Justin Bieber or The Chainsmokers -- have their say instead? Only one time and place to find out.
http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... forward-to
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Hugo » Sat May 20, 2017 1:30 pm

Why is Billboard pretending there's actually stuff to look forward to? :lol:
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby TIfan » Sat May 20, 2017 3:07 pm

I want to see Cher, Celine, and Bruno... I also want to see Rihanna and Beyonce win.
TIfan
Legend

Postby TIfan » Sat May 20, 2017 3:10 pm

My predictions

Top Artist: Drake
Top Female: Rihanna or Beyonce
Top Album: Drake
Top Song: idk
Top New Artist: Zayn
Top Tour: Formation
Top Rap Artist/Song/Album: Drake
TIfan
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Sat May 20, 2017 10:00 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Sat May 20, 2017 10:05 pm

Presenters include Kate Beckinsale, Sean “Diddy” Combs, Mark Cuban, Noah Cyrus, Alexandra Daddario, DJ Khaled, Josh Duhamel, Ansel Elgort, Sara Foster, G-Eazy, Kevin Hart, Ed Helms, Prince Michael Jackson, Rachel Lindsay, Lea Michele, Olivia Munn, Rita Ora, Logan Paul, Rachel Platten, Bebe Rexha, Nicole Scherzinger, Miss America 2017 Savvy Shields, Jussie Smollett, Hailee Steinfeld, Lindsey Stirling, and Ashley Tisdale.
http://people.com/music/billboard-music ... ers-hosts/
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sat May 20, 2017 10:09 pm

I am so excited to see the queen of divas, Celine - she's going to be immense.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Nippian93 » Sat May 20, 2017 10:24 pm

Ludacris and 'Super-Stoked' New Co-Host Vanessa Hudgens Talk Looking Forward to the Billboard Music Awards

The 2017 Billboard Music Awards will represent a first for many involved this Sunday (May 21) -- perhaps no one more so than Vanessa Hudgens. The High School Musical star, who recently appeared as the lead on NBC’s Powerless, is set to co-host the event with Ludacris, already a three-time host of the awards. For Hudgens, though, it comes with a new set of responsibilities.

"I mean, I never planned on hosting anything before -- but the opportunity presented itself, and I thought, why not?” says the 28-year-old, who previously attended the ceremony with her High School Musical cast. “I think it's going to be a blast, I'm super stoked [about] the performers.”

Though Ludacris and Hudgens had yet to meet up until only a few days before the BBMAs, they’re set to host what’s shaping up to be a must-see evening. Featuring performances from Cher, Celine Dion, Drake, Miley Cyrus and more, the event, airing on May 21 at 8 p.m. on ABC, is a night of spectacle, honoring the music industry’s key players and offering a dose of entertainment along the way.

For Ludacris, it’s old hat. For the last two of his three years as co-host, the Atlanta rapper has served as joint master of ceremonies with prior co-hosts Chrissy Teigan and Ciara, and it was a no-brainer to have another Luda team-up this year. “If it's not broke, don't fix it,” says the rapper, 39. “I've had different people co-host like Chrissy Teigan and Ciara and now Vanessa Hudgens... I think that what's most important is having an understanding, so that our chemistry is right and [we] get the best out of each other, so we can translate on television to having great energy. Hopefully we'll be able to do that. She seems like a great person.”

Luda, whose real name is Chris Bridges, has picked up a few things along the way. “I learned that you have to just let your personality shine through, because they wouldn't consider hiring me for the job if they didn't want what I uniquely bring to it,” he explains. “I think that's what translates, in terms of people and the ratings going up and people loving it. I have to make sure I can bring what only I can bring to the job.”

While Luda is looking forward to seeing Bruno Mars hit the stage, Hudgens says that Celine Dion is at the top of her list based on her experiences as a kid. “She's the reason I started singing,” she says. “My parents had [The Colour of My Love] and I would take it and put it in my karaoke machine and sing along. I feel I have the range that I have because of her. So if I get to meet her, I might lose it.”

Also, she says, “Cher. I mean, legend. That's an amazing woman with such incredible music and fashion and point of view. I adore her. Lorde, I love. I got to meet her at Coachella and she's shaping into such an incredible individual performer. I'm excited to see her. Drake, of course, is always fun. Miley, me and Miley go way back so it'll be nice to see her performing her new song [‘Malibu’]."
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... -interview
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Sat May 20, 2017 10:25 pm

Drake's Billboard Music Awards Performance Will Be 'Memorable,' Producer Promises

When Drake takes the T-Mobile Arena stage in Las Vegas at the 2017 Billboard Music Awards on Sunday, it will be the first time the year's top-nominated artist performed at an award show since joining Rihanna for "Work" at the BRITs in 2016.

In Drake years -- releasing both Views and More Life since then -- this is a long time.

With that in mind, there's a lot to speculate about what his performance might have in store. Will he join forces with show-opener Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne for "No Frauds"? Or possibly bring his international More Life collaborators to the U.S. stage? Will it just be a straight up hit parade with all his biggest tracks? Mark Bracco, executive vice president of programming and development with dick clark productions and the Billboard Music Awards's executive producer tells Billboard to expect the big and unexpected.

"You know, Drake does not perform on television very often so I think whenever he does it's a real event," says Bracco. "We built a real terrific relationship with his team, working creatively with them and coming up with a big idea, and I think it's gonna be a very, very big moment in the show. It's not a surprise necessarily but it's gonna be a moment that people aren't exactly expecting.... It'll be memorable, I promise you that."

Preparing for Drake's performance on Sunday has been months in the making, says Bracco, taking that time to make sure the show is as big as the hip-hop superstar deserves.

"I always joke we start planning next year's show the day after this year's show," he continues. "We were talking with Drake's people for months about doing the show. Obviously he then became the biggest nominee and that's a big deal and just trying to come up with something really different and unique and exciting and spectacular... And that's what Drake deserves is a big, huge moment and, luckily, in working with his team I think we've come up with something creatively that's going to be really astounding."

(...)

"When you have 16 performances on a show it's all about trying to make each one of them feel different and unique and working with the creative team of each artist to come up with something really interesting and special over the coarse of three hours so nothing ever feels the same or you're repeating a beat or something like that," says Bracco. "Especially with the variety of so many different artists from different genres and different eras, it's such a diverse show, which is really fantastic. There are so many different left turns throughout the three hours, which is what really makes it exciting and makes you -- I hope -- want to keep tuning in, because you never know what's coming next."
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... e-producer
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:14 pm

Nippian93 wrote:Exclusive: Gwen Stefani to present Cher with Billboard's Icon Award

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/ent ... 01796184/#
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Hugo » Sun May 21, 2017 3:06 pm

No Spotify needed.

"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Nippian93 » Sun May 21, 2017 7:18 pm

BBMAs Magenta Carpet LIVE

https://twitter.com/i/live/848949278580002819

2h 40m.

BillboardMusicAwards @BBMAs
Here we go! TONIGHT the @TMobile Magenta Carpet starts at 6p ET/3p PT on https://BBMAs.twitter.com & then we are LIVE at 8e/5p on ABC! #BBMAs
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby TIfan » Sun May 21, 2017 8:31 pm

My girl Riri betta not go home empty handed.... how many nominations does she have left?
TIfan
Legend

Postby Biebz » Sun May 21, 2017 8:33 pm

Hugo wrote:No Spotify needed.
Yeah didn't stop Taylor in 2015 either.

my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sun May 21, 2017 8:40 pm

^ are those awards meant to look like snakes and penises?
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Biebz » Sun May 21, 2017 8:42 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:^ are those awards meant to look like snakes and penises?
I'm not really sure what they are tbh but every year the dildo joke is made
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sun May 21, 2017 8:43 pm

Biebz wrote:
CrazyCrazy wrote:^ are those awards meant to look like snakes and penises?
I'm not really sure what they are tbh but every year the dildo joke is made
lol, the ones on the bottom left look like snake heads. :lol:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Return to General Music Discussion