K-POP Music

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, tdc2000

Postby jpguy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:16 am

abi wrote:So iKON released two Hip-Hop/Dance-Pop songs for their previous comeback and they flopped so hard on the charts. Now they decided to go back with the coffeeshop Pop/R&B sound that Korea loves and it went straight to #1. :lol:

coffee shop Pop LMAO.
What does that mean?
::: Christina Aguilera - Liberation IS COMING 6.15.18 :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby abi » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:07 pm

^You know, them type of boring ballads they always play at coffee shops. :lol:

Anyway, Yook Ji Dam from Unpretty Rapstar said that she was kinda dating Kang Daniel in the past. Like, why did she do this to herself when Daniel is in peak of his popularity? You know his fangirls won't be having it.
abi
Legend

Postby abi » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:24 pm

This is good. I actually like them more than any other SM boy groups.
abi
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:08 pm

NCT have always been underrated.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby abi » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:56 pm

^They really are! But with these types of music, they will never break through in Korea. They need to go more Dance/Pop if they wanted to although I'd prefer if they stay like this.

Also the red hair dude (Taeyong) really carries the whole group! His charisma is everywhere.
abi
Legend

Postby jpguy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:32 am

Their music won't put them on the map but they're talented.
jpguy
Legend

Postby abi » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:24 pm

Why is the song still not on Spotify/iTunes though, SM what you doing? :-?
abi
Legend

Postby jpguy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:44 pm

One of the best songs of hers! Better than "CAMO" on 1st listen, I love it a lot!!!
Seriously, this queen will always be my #1 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
jpguy
Legend

Postby xtofer » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:52 am

crazycool wrote:
xtofer wrote:I'm glad Chan was able make to make the cut! He's so underrated!
I've read so many opinions about Chan online. He seems to be dividing the viewers. He's a newly debuted singer and because of the final line-up of Unit B, he's kind of unexpectedly been given the title of Lead/Main vocal :o :o
I don't think any of the negative comments are indicative of much (I truly think he's going to be super popular and A.C.E are gonna be massive in the future), but he's been thrusted into this group all of a sudden and is having to be a key vocalist of the group, whereas having Je Up, Lee Geon or Rockhyun would've been a more suitable fit for a main vocalist than Chan.

So as far as vocals go.... are the main duties split between Jun and Chan and Kijoong then? Daewon, Hojung and Euijin for SUB-SUB-SUB vocals? :lol:
I think Feeldog has nice vocals too, so I'm happy to hear him sing more too.
Well, yesterday's performance on Music Bank, their debut as a final group, gave us the answers:

The song sounds different without the original main vocalists! So proud of Chan here getting the main vocals! (Speaking of A.C.E., they will kill it once they reform. The other two members also made it in the final group of MIXNINE,)
xtofer
Legend

Postby abi » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:46 am

I can't believe EXO and CL just wasted the opportunity of a lifetime at the Olympics Closing ceremony a.k.a one of the most watched events of the year. EXO performed freaking "Power" and CL did "The Baddest Female" and a 2NE1 song without the rest of the members. She could've launched her new single oh God please leave YG ASAPPPPP!
abi
Legend

Postby crazycool » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:30 pm

xtofer wrote:
crazycool wrote:
xtofer wrote:I'm glad Chan was able make to make the cut! He's so underrated!
I've read so many opinions about Chan online. He seems to be dividing the viewers. He's a newly debuted singer and because of the final line-up of Unit B, he's kind of unexpectedly been given the title of Lead/Main vocal :o :o
I don't think any of the negative comments are indicative of much (I truly think he's going to be super popular and A.C.E are gonna be massive in the future), but he's been thrusted into this group all of a sudden and is having to be a key vocalist of the group, whereas having Je Up, Lee Geon or Rockhyun would've been a more suitable fit for a main vocalist than Chan.

So as far as vocals go.... are the main duties split between Jun and Chan and Kijoong then? Daewon, Hojung and Euijin for SUB-SUB-SUB vocals? :lol:
I think Feeldog has nice vocals too, so I'm happy to hear him sing more too.
Well, yesterday's performance on Music Bank, their debut as a final group, gave us the answers:

The song sounds different without the original main vocalists! So proud of Chan here getting the main vocals! (Speaking of A.C.E., they will kill it once they reform. The other two members also made it in the final group of MIXNINE,)
It really does sound different! Whereas the girls are very versatile and all-rounders, UNB are gonna have be tactile about what they release because while I'm happy with all the 9 members now, their performances of DWTD and RMU weren't as strong as the performances at the Unit's final.

So Chan and Jun are main vocals like we all knew, and it seems Feeldog and Hansol seem to have take on sub-vocal roles as well?! So surprised at Hansol doing this! Feeldog's singing voice is lovely though, so I'm happy with that!
crazycool
Legend

Postby crazycool » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:34 pm

A few new comebacks to discuss...

La La La isn't as good as 'I don't like your girlfriend' but their mini album is soooooooo good. Queens of b-sides!

I really like Weki Meki and I hope they continue to rise. La La La is super catchy, but it's not the sort of song to propel them further.

Doyeon is absolutely stunning.
crazycool
Legend

Postby crazycool » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:35 pm

AMAZING! I've been jamming to this since it came out and I'm totally gugudan obsessed these days.
I adore that they can pull off both Wonderland/Chococo style and the more chic style of A Girl Like Me/The Boots.

Next from them, I need that full length album!
crazycool
Legend

Postby crazycool » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:36 pm

Only listened to it twice, but I think this is gonna really get under my skin. 8-)
crazycool
Legend

Postby Colbie » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:02 pm

abi wrote:I can't believe EXO and CL just wasted the opportunity of a lifetime at the Olympics Closing ceremony a.k.a one of the most watched events of the year. EXO performed freaking "Power" and CL did "The Baddest Female" and a 2NE1 song without the rest of the members. She could've launched her new single oh God please leave YG ASAPPPPP!
Yeah saw it too. Wasted opportunity indeed!
Colbie
Superstar

Postby abi » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:31 am

The Fader exposed YG Entertainment (and Scooter Braun) regarding CL's US debut.

https://www.thefader.com/2018/02/26/cl- ... oter-braun

“I kind of gave up on that video,” says Matthew Mazur, a New York-based stylist who worked on the clip and has collaborated with CL since summer 2016. “It was supposed to come out [in 2016], but it never did.” The costly shoot had been a grind, spread over three 16-hour days on an L.A. soundstage. The video’s director Dave Meyers, who has directed iconic hip-hop videos like “Get Ur Freak On” and “HUMBLE.,” was equally confused by the delay. “Most of the other artists I work with [release the video] literally the day I finish [it]” he says. “It was nice to see her leak it, but it’s actually a good time for me to call her and ask what’s going on. Like, ‘What the hell? You’re so **** talented.’”
YG Entertainment and Scooter Braun declined to comment for this story. A planned interview with CL was rescheduled multiple times and eventually nixed by YG.
But throughout 2NE1’s peak years, CL sometimes spoke of a systemic culture at YG that cast a darker shadow over the band’s honest-feeling songs. It’s no secret, in a country that has been dubbed the world capital of plastic surgery, that many of Korea’s pop idols have undertaken cosmetic procedures. But CL said that that her label tried to coerce her to go under the knife against her will. “They told me to get plastic surgery before my debut, she told ELLE in 2013. “I stood up for myself and said ‘No, I'm not doing it.’” On a Korean television show in 2012, she said that YG Entertainment’s founder, Yang Hyun-suk, called 2NE1 “ugly” when they were rehearsing without makeup.
Not everyone in CL’s camp appears to share her comfort with a globally-minded take on pop. Dave Meyers says that there were initial plans for a “more off-putting and cool” follow-up to “Lifted,” with expletive-heavy raps and an inventive electronic edge. But CL’s American team got nervous and switched to the more Top 40-sounding “All In” — of which, at the time of this writing, we’ve still only heard a 90-second leak. And, in a tense appearance on “Livin’ The Double Life” in November, Braun blamed touring commitments with 2NE1 for the delay with CL’s U.S. music. But that doesn’t seem like the full story, as she hasn’t toured with her former band since 2014. Meanwhile, CL consistently jabbed at her Korean label throughout January 2018, saying that all they care about is money, and that her plan for the year is: “more waiting for YG to release my album.”
YG is trash.
abi
Legend

Postby Ruthymon » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:35 am

^ Sad.

Also, NCT U's new tracks are okay, but I like "The 7th Sense" more.
Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby jpguy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:25 am

Poor CL :(
jpguy
Legend

Postby Ruthymon » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:58 pm

Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby Ruthymon » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:03 pm

Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby Ruthymon » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:07 pm

Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby abi » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:08 am

That new NCT "Baby Don't Stop" song kinda bops!
abi
Legend

Postby crazycool » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:26 pm

Ruthymon wrote:Jieun's leaving SECRET after Sunhwa
https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/02 ... rom-secret
Expected, but still sad!

I STANNED Secret so hard during their peak. They had a huge two year or so streak that newer K-Pop fans never seem to understand about :lol: :lol: They were so popular but quickly faded as quickly as they rose.
I just adore all their music, they really managed to be super cute whilst having that sexy edge as well.

Also Stellar have officially disbanded as well. Such a shame, their discography (whilst small) is flawless. They had a small but loyal fanbase and it's a shame they never had any big success, although they did gain some notoriety I guess.
crazycool
Legend

Postby t_dot » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:11 am

YG is clearly not down with CL ditching Korea and Scooter doesn't know what to do with her. Let Teddy manage her jeeez.

Why wasn't this bop posted..

You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.
t_dot
Superstar

Postby crazycool » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:58 pm

^ Good point sis, where's all the CLC love at ?! :lol: :lol:

Black Dress is absolutely amazing. The mini is so solid, but this title track is one of their best yet. Style and MV wise, it's probably their best so far as well.

It's not a HUGE jump, but it outsold their last mini album in a week on Hanteo. It's only a couple of hundred away from Crystysle's total sales, which is the best selling album to date. It's by no means a MAJOR improvement for them, but it shows there is some promise in them yet.
crazycool
Legend

Return to General Music Discussion