UKMix Top Glee Songs Countdown
Welcome to the Glee Countdown!
Now that the series has wrapped up, I thought it'd be interesting to do this as a Countdown. Some Starter Criteria for your votes are as below (but open to suggestion if you have any!) I'll set the tentative due date as Monday, 10th August 2015
at this point.Voting Criteria
* From Start to finish, the show featured somewhere in the vicinity of 750 songs/performances. So I will be giving you all a bit of a wider leash by being able to submit a Top 70
List Via PM. (70pts = #1 - you do not have to send me a full 70 if you want
- but arrange your #1 as 70 pts and work your way down.
* They may not get many votes anyway, but you may vote for:
a) Performances to original audio (i.e. the Barbra Streisand FlashMob scene, the 'Single Ladies' dances, Cheerios perform to Madonna and Katy Perry, etc)
b) Deleted Scenes ('Hello 12...', 'Santa Baby', etc)
c) Songs (often just snippets featured in the show) that are unreleased on single/soundtrack (eg Sit Down You're Rockin The Boat), or only contained on a single/soundtrack (eg. 'Burnin Up' , some of the Xmas tracks, etc)
* This one might be a little controversial: Songs repeated on the show/different versions will be counted as separate entities.
This may help limit the obvious power of songs like DSB, but also some of these performances are very different (i.e the Acoustic versions of Teenage Dream and Loser Like Me, or New New Direction's doing 'Raise Your Glass' in the 100th episode versus the Warbler's back in Season 2).
The other versions will be mentioned if any one makes the main countdown. Some may need some discussion ('Defying Gravity' comes to mind, in the show it is one performance mashing of the two Lea/Chris solo versions released as singles, before being repeated in the 100th episode and including Amber in that version). EDIT
: looked and the duet version was on the Volume 1 soundtrack after all. Lol.
* Some songs have the same title (eg the episode 'Mattress' had two different songs both called 'Smile' in the one episode: one a Lily Allen Cover the other Charlie Chaplin/Nat King Cole) therefore, It will be easier to have a setting out rule when voting:[Points] [Song Title] [original artist] [Season/Episode number and/or title]
This should be enough to identify the song and specific performance you are voting for in most cases.Between these two links, you can take a refresh and start compiling your lists.http://glee.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Songs_on_Glee
(bit harder to discern performer/artist in places, but includes all seasons on one page and deleted scene songs)https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Glee
(follow the links through to lists for each Season)
Looking forward to it, and any ideas/discussion appreciated. Participants