COUNTDOWN: UKMix Top Glee Songs (COMPLETE)

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, tdc2000

Postby Affillate » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:32 am

UKMix Top Glee Songs Countdown

Welcome to the Glee Countdown!

Now that the series has wrapped up, I thought it'd be interesting to do this as a Countdown. Some Starter Criteria for your votes are as below (but open to suggestion if you have any!) I'll set the tentative due date as
Monday, 10th August 2015 at this point.

Voting Criteria
* From Start to finish, the show featured somewhere in the vicinity of 750 songs/performances. So I will be giving you all a bit of a wider leash by being able to submit a Top 70 List Via PM. (70pts = #1 - you do not have to send me a full 70 if you want - but arrange your #1 as 70 pts and work your way down. :) )

* They may not get many votes anyway, but you may vote for:
a) Performances to original audio (i.e. the Barbra Streisand FlashMob scene, the 'Single Ladies' dances, Cheerios perform to Madonna and Katy Perry, etc)
b) Deleted Scenes ('Hello 12...', 'Santa Baby', etc)
c) Songs (often just snippets featured in the show) that are unreleased on single/soundtrack (eg Sit Down You're Rockin The Boat), or only contained on a single/soundtrack (eg. 'Burnin Up' , some of the Xmas tracks, etc)

* This one might be a little controversial: Songs repeated on the show/different versions will be counted as separate entities. This may help limit the obvious power of songs like DSB, but also some of these performances are very different (i.e the Acoustic versions of Teenage Dream and Loser Like Me, or New New Direction's doing 'Raise Your Glass' in the 100th episode versus the Warbler's back in Season 2).

The other versions will be mentioned if any one makes the main countdown. Some may need some discussion ('Defying Gravity' comes to mind, in the show it is one performance mashing of the two Lea/Chris solo versions released as singles, before being repeated in the 100th episode and including Amber in that version). EDIT: looked and the duet version was on the Volume 1 soundtrack after all. Lol. :P

* Some songs have the same title (eg the episode 'Mattress' had two different songs both called 'Smile' in the one episode: one a Lily Allen Cover the other Charlie Chaplin/Nat King Cole) therefore, It will be easier to have a setting out rule when voting:

[Points] [Song Title] [original artist] [Season/Episode number and/or title]

This should be enough to identify the song and specific performance you are voting for in most cases.

Between these two links, you can take a refresh and start compiling your lists.
http://glee.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Songs_on_Glee (bit harder to discern performer/artist in places, but includes all seasons on one page and deleted scene songs)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Glee (follow the links through to lists for each Season)

Looking forward to it, and any ideas/discussion appreciated. :)

Participants
Affillate
Spartan
nickf1
Tombo
BeeFan
RayRay
Theodorerichert
Ska8er
JSparksFan
toxicALIENS
Stevvy
Last edited by Affillate on Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:34 am, edited 77 times in total.
Affillate
Manager

Postby Spartan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:16 am

Just 70? That's gonna be hard for me.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Affillate » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:33 am

Spartan wrote:Just 70? That's gonna be hard for me.
thats roughly your top 11.7 for each season... lol well see how it goes, may increase it a bit if people are finding it way tough to pick. :P
Affillate
Manager

Postby Spartan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:58 am

70 is good. I already have a rough list from after the sixth season aired.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Ivica » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:32 pm

can we vote for less than 70 songs?
Ivica
Legend

Postby BeeFan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:13 pm

Looking forward to this :) gotta do some thinking in the next days

Or maybe I'll just consider my spins and plays for this one... Would be reliable
BeeFan
Manager

Postby Affillate » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:05 am

nickf1 wrote:can we vote for less than 70 songs?
Yes. Although still arrange your #1 as 70pts and work your way down.

I did some light shortlisting for the first two seasons last night and hit around 70 with just that, so have a bit of sorting to do. :P
Affillate
Manager

Postby Affillate » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:03 pm

How is everyone going with their short lists... No inboxes as yet. I'll nudge biscuits perhaps to see if I can get this thread pinned up top. :)
Affillate
Manager

Postby Affillate » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:13 pm

We now have 3 participants so far. I might start consolidating them soon and see how it's shaping up. :)

Tips for shortlisting? I found it made things a little easier to try and cut a top 11 for each season (plus 4 wild cards), then start shifting things around (trading off between similar performances, or cutting down on one season a bit to bump up another etc.)
Affillate
Manager

Postby toxicALIENS » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:16 pm

Ooh I didn't know this existed, I was obsessed with Glee when it was on (especially seasons 1-3) so I will definitely do this :D
BS:TS:IA:NM
toxicALIENS
Superstar

Postby Affillate » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:26 pm

toxicALIENS wrote:Ooh I didn't know this existed, I was obsessed with Glee when it was on (especially seasons 1-3) so I will definitely do this :D
I bumped up the Glee thread over in Entertainment, I might start PMing a few of the threads regulars soonish see if we can get more sets in. :P
Affillate
Manager

Postby Tombo » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:51 pm

At long last I have done it, I love Glee!
Tombo
Roadie

Postby BeeFan » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:18 pm

Do I have to stick to the formula with episodes etc or may I just post the song if it's obvious which one I mean?
BeeFan
Manager

Postby Affillate » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:15 am

BeeFan wrote:Do I have to stick to the formula with episodes etc or may I just post the song if it's obvious which one I mean?
Yeah ok if that makes it easier for you. Ill get back to you if I see any ambiguous ones in your list. ;)
Affillate
Manager

Postby BeeFan » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:50 pm

Tough one.... my top 10 was almost easy, because I knew it from the beginning, but the other 60 songs were hard to choose, because there were just too many great ones, I'm sure I forgot about some :lol:
BeeFan
Manager

Postby Affillate » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:18 am

Ill start putting together what Ive got so far tonight, Still waiting on ToxicAliens and JSparkfan's lists in particular. We have a pretty good turnout so far (even with a few short lists thrown in).
Affillate
Manager

Postby Affillate » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:53 pm

Ok so we've hit August 10th, jsparksfan's votes are coming in soon, and toxicaliens should have something in by next week. I should be able to tally the lists I have so far by then to get things set up to start. :)

Will also take any last minute extra lists during this process until I announce official cut off so we can begin. :)
Affillate
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:30 pm

Finally submitted my list! :D
Franklin’s music profoundly touched and changed the world, because over and over it offered that bridge to salvation, to freedom.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Tombo » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:50 pm

I completely missed It's All Over, darn it! I hope some of y'all have included it :)
Tombo
Roadie

Postby Affillate » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:51 am

Just waiting on ToxicAliens and stevvy sent me a PM earlier in the week too. Then I can hopefully kick things off this week, starting with the unvoted lists for each season.
Affillate
Manager

Postby BeeFan » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:14 am

Hurry up guys..there was a deadline a week ago :roll:
BeeFan
Manager

Postby toxicALIENS » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:06 pm

BeeFan wrote:Hurry up guys..there was a deadline a week ago :roll:
I've been on holiday :lol:
BS:TS:IA:NM
toxicALIENS
Superstar

Postby Affillate » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:12 pm

Almost ready guys...

Just waiting on stevvy, and a fix up from Ska8er's list (one too many songs), and I can get this started. :)
Last edited by Affillate on Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Affillate
Manager

Postby stevyy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:31 pm

compiling my list as i type. sending it in an hour, baby. please wait for me. I have been lazy. but i am doing my list right now. :D
stevyy
Legend

Postby stevyy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:04 pm

I've now sent in a list of 50 Songs. God that was hard. :D
stevyy
Legend

Return to General Music Discussion