The 59th Annual Grammy Awards (2017)

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, tdc2000

Postby NothingFails » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:15 pm

Hugo wrote:I stopped playing U2 a while ago, that malware hack they can an album was the last straw lol
The last album was actually good but they really screwed the release up, and the poor chart positions as a result showed that (as opposed to when Radiohead gave an album away and yet when the physical album came out, people still went to the store and bought it to show support, that didn't happen as much with U2. I am seeing them in June since I've never had the chance to see them until now, last time I had a chance was 16 years ago and I couldn't get work off that night, and last time before that they came close, I was like seven.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:05 pm

I did read an interesting theory that could explain a lot.... that perhaps Lemonade being a Tidal Exclusive even after almost a year could be a factor working against it. Some sort of one-three month exclusivity is one thing but when you can't stream it nearly a year later made some of the suits who dislike the idea of Tidal to vote against it.

But then again, Taylor "I'd be living on Ramen Noodles if my music was on streaming sites" Swift won AOTY last year, so even that theory doesn't completely hold water.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby hellohello » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:15 pm

NoAngel wrote:
RLAAMJR wrote:Looks like i have to accept that there are a lot of people tagged as legends. Ill just have to different them as to whose the bigger legend.
I hope someone will inform you soon that the world wasn't created in 2010.
Omg... :lol: :lol:
Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney
hellohello
Manager

Postby Phoenixx » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:54 am

NoAngel wrote:
RLAAMJR wrote:Looks like i have to accept that there are a lot of people tagged as legends. Ill just have to different them as to whose the bigger legend.
Hahahahaha
Don't let the bomb drop :o :lol:
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby SummerPeur » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:48 am

This thread thou. Turned to a mess quickly. Actually take that back, was always a mess.
Love, is love, is love. - Kylie M.
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby Nippian93 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:45 am

SummerPeur wrote:This thread thou. Turned to a mess quickly. Actually take that back, was always a mess.
It was great before the Grammys ended [with the exception for those Bieber discussions].
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:46 am

Last edited by Nippian93 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby MusicLover88 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:48 am

Ugh.
Unlike other things that wither, she preserves. She’s a constant in a world of relentless flux. She’s a beacon of immortality. Bitch, she’s Madonna.
MusicLover88
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:06 am

It is escalating, sadly.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:14 am

^ that signature though. Girl needs to practice more.
Love, is love, is love. - Kylie M.
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby Nippian93 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:22 am

here is more, I forgot to add the link earlier.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby RLAAMJR » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:30 am

NoAngel wrote:
I almost forgot.

I surely do know that the world wasnt created in 2010. So what are you trying to imply?
Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby Tansike » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:58 am

SummerPeur wrote:^ that signature though. Girl needs to practice more.
My thought as well... :lol: :oops:
Tansike
Legend

Postby biscuits » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:23 am

The problem with YMCA man is that he's suggesting black people vote for black artists and White people vote for white artists, which is a narrow minded statement to make.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby NothingFails » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:29 am

I love that the Village People guy is talking about how Lionel's album winning *only* over Springsteen when there was a certain other black artist who had an album out that very year that I think even many white Bruce stans would've been fine with. That award was between Springsteen and Prince, either one would've been a great AOTY victory with no complaints... Lionel was the weakest of the five albums (and there was also Tina Turner in the mix for AOTY that year as well).
NothingFails
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:46 am

Ugh, people should just deal with Adele winning the AOTY. If they see a pattern of racism, then do not submit your work to the committee and boycott the awards by not attending. Simple as that.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby BlankSpace » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:38 pm

spiritboy wrote:Ugh, people should just deal with Adele winning the AOTY. If they see a pattern of racism, then do not submit your work to the committee and boycott the awards by not attending. Simple as that.
exactly
boycott it simple as that
Grammy for the Album of the Year goes to BEYONCÉ
and now you should probably wake up
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby RLAAMJR » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:42 pm

Of course the majority of the committee are white people. There are more white people than black people. Even in movies we see more white people than black people. We even only have one black president of the usa. I dont think the problem lies on the race, but rather who/which really deserves to win.

While i feel that purpose deserves to win, i cannot blame the grammy if they choose adele cos asude from being a good album, shes the only artist who can sell album as if were still in the 80s/90s. I also think they would

And i doubt that grammy bases on quality alone or else they would just check who has the highest average score in metacritics,

Besides , measuring the quality is subjective. Like if all the nominated albums are good, if one of the voters like rock more, they would intend to vote for an album with rock elements. If one of the voters like edm, they would be inclined to go, etc.

We should just be happy that a dead artist was not nominated and won the award. They should stop nominating dead artists or at least separate the awards between the living and the dead.
Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby BlankSpace » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:53 pm

RLAAMJR wrote:Of course the majority of the committee are white people. There are more white people than black people. Even in movies we see more white people than black people. We even only have one black president of the usa. I dont think the problem lies on the race, but rather who/which really deserves to win.

While i feel that purpose deserves to win , i cannot blame the grammy if they choose adele cos asude from being a good album, shes the only artist who can sell album as if were still in the 80s/90s. I also think they would

And i doubt that grammy bases on quality alone or else they would just check who has the highest average score in metacritics,

Besides , measuring the quality is subjective. Like if all the nominated albums are good, if one of the voters like rock more, they would intend to vote for an album with rock elements. If one of the voters like edm, they would be inclined to go, etc.

We should just be happy that a dead artist was not nominated and won the award. They should stop nominating dead artists or at least separate the awards between the living and the dead.
they don't take JB 1D SG kinds of artists seriously
he got a nomination for AOTY that should be enough for his fans
there was no chance he's gonna win it
he doesn't even have a grammy as a lead artist
nd sales are not the only reason 25 won
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby RLAAMJR » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:15 pm

I know. Its just that a lot of award giving bodies have given him awards while beyonce and adele i believe didnt win like ema, etc. And in the grammys, he didnt even win one? so its really good that justin did not attend and i know rihanna wont anymore too next time

I know hello is a good song but sorry and most especially love yourself is the superior song. But grammy is unjust. Hehehe.
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby BlankSpace » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:30 pm

RLAAMJR wrote:I know. Its just that a lot of award giving bodies have given him awards while beyonce and adele i believe didnt win like ema, etc. And in the grammys, he didnt even win one? so its really good that justin did not attend and i know rihanna wont anymore too next time

I know hello is a good song but sorry and most especially love yourself is the superior song . But grammy is unjust. Hehehe.
Beyoncé has 7 nd Adele has 1 EMA...
Hello is an iconic song
you need to get out of your Beiber Bubble
there's a real world out there where people don't even take him seriously
I don't hate him or his music but he has still a lot to do to establish him as an artist.
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby popBop » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:50 pm

Lol a Taylor fan getting brave
popBop
Personal Assistant

Postby popBop » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:52 pm

Justin didn't lost Grammy actually Grammy's lost their purpose
popBop
Personal Assistant

Postby BlankSpace » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:54 pm

popBop wrote:Lol a Taylor fan getting brave
her second studio album won a well deserved AOTY grammy.
I rest my case here
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby BlankSpace » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:55 pm

popBop wrote:Justin didn't lost Grammy actually Grammy's lost their purpose
They lost their PURPOSE when they Nominated PURPOSE over Anti.
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Return to General Music Discussion