Predict the next 10 years for these artists : KATY PERRY

Moderators: biscuits, tdc2000

Postby Ivica » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:58 am

she'll continue what she do these days, fitness, be a great mom, release few albums, end Vegasn this year and add WW tour for celebrating 20+ years in music.
Ivica
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:43 pm

jpguy wrote:Glory also had tracks in the list of Worst tracks of 2016 so it wasn't this massive improvement nor was it a second coming of BLACKOUT (one of her fan's favourite).
It was a big critical improvement, her previous album ("Britney Jean") was panned by critics and got a mediocre 50/100 score on metacritic (the lowest score of her career), the album itself was considered among the worst releases of the year and even her own fans hate the album, not enough with that she even released the tragic "Pretty Girls" right after "Britney Jean", her quality was at her ultimate low and no one had hopes that she could release a good album again.

When "Glory" was released the reviews were inmediately gently, and got a much higher 71/100 meta score, she went from getting her worst reviewed album to getting the second best reviewed album of her career with most critics citing in their reviews that it was her best album in years, several songs also made Best songs of the year lists and only the track "Private Show" did make a couple of entries for worst songs of the year, while the album itself made several critics lists for Best albums of the year. It was definately a quality improvement for her and a step in the right direction musically-wise.

She went from an panned album straight to an album that is highest rated than any Christina Aguilera album. Of course it was an improvement.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby jpguy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:36 pm

A thing only you and a few others notice cause them vocals aren't there at all and never will specially when she's just a studio singer. Quality may have improved by these so-called important reviews but me like the GP isn't here for those tracks.
::: BTS - EXO - Blackpink - Utada - Ayumi - BoA :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby Rolling » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:10 am

jpguy wrote:A thing only you and a few others notice cause them vocals aren't there at all and never will specially when she's just a studio singer. Quality may have improved by these so-called important reviews but me like the GP isn't here for those tracks.
What vocals? She's never really had any and it's why she can't sing live.
Rolling
Legend

Postby olukolade » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:31 am

New Artist Tonight
olukolade
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:31 am

Please don't pretend that the GP demands great vocals for pop tracks.

Otherwise, Britney would never have become one of the 8 most successful female artists of all times (album sales) and the career of Selena Gomez would only involve acting and she's basically one of the hottest acts in the music industry right now.

Britney has a special tone in her voice. Of course, her career has always been driven by her image and amazing visuals and performances but it's also her voice and her songs which made her famous and relevant for at least 7 albums.

Alos, the public did eat up songs like "Scream & Shout", "Till the World Ends" and "Womanizer". The GP didn't buy the songs because of stunnimg and impressive "vocals".

Britney has never been an amazing vocalist, she has always been a performer and entertainer.
Britney Spears | Loreen | Coldplay | Within Temptation | Selena Gomez | Lena
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Erotica » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:36 am

People bought Till the world ends cause it sounds cheap and basic. and people love cheap and basic songs like that one

Britney has a voice that never annoys me, just like Madonna. There are other artists I also like, but I could not listen to their voice all day
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Ivica » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:38 pm

Rolling wrote:
jpguy wrote:A thing only you and a few others notice cause them vocals aren't there at all and never will specially when she's just a studio singer. Quality may have improved by these so-called important reviews but me like the GP isn't here for those tracks.
What vocals? She's never really had any and it's why she can't sing live.
sure

Ivica
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:52 pm

:lol: Like if we care if you're here or not for her songs.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby biscuits » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:54 pm

Ivica wrote:
Rolling wrote:What vocals? She's never really had any and it's why she can't sing live.
sure

Posting a video from 20 years ago doesn't really make a point
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Ivica » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:05 pm

It does, the person above said never, so I have proved him/her wrong with that video.
Ivica
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:07 pm

biscuits wrote:
Ivica wrote:
Rolling wrote:What vocals? She's never really had any and it's why she can't sing live.
sure

Posting a video from 20 years ago doesn't really make a point
It clearly does since the original poster claimedthat Britney never ever had a voixe to begin with.

That's definitely not the case. She got into MMC, Star Search and she got a record deal because of her voice and charisma.

She even said the songs taken from "...Baby One More Time" weren't challenging xD

She clearly lost the ambition to pull off live vocals anymore. She also has lost some of the power of the voice.

But who cares... Her sexy voice does suit her as well.
She doesn't need to belt or give killer vocals.

Her fans just want something experimental, pop-ish/urban stuff with some great lyrics. She's a different artist BUT

She clearly had a voice (at the beginning of her career).
Britney Spears | Loreen | Coldplay | Within Temptation | Selena Gomez | Lena
Mainshow
Legend

Postby olukolade » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:17 pm

New Artist

THE WEEKND
olukolade
Manager

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:23 pm

He could either become a consistent act like Bruno Mars or he could just fade like D'angelo.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby jpguy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:41 pm

Somehow relevant but not established or legendary just scoring a few hits and features. I hope I'm wrong but he looks like his career won't last that long
::: BTS - EXO - Blackpink - Utada - Ayumi - BoA :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby NoAngel » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:16 pm

I think he'll become an iconic act. He has potential.
B. get off my pole!
NoAngel
Superstar

Postby RLAAMJR » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:41 am

He's like Drake, not popular in the Philippines.

I feel him and Drake paid a group of people to keep on streaming and buying their music.

The next 10 years will be his last.
Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby CrazyCrazy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:56 pm

RLAAMJR wrote:He's like Drake, not popular in the Philippines.

I feel him and Drake paid a group of people to keep on streaming and buying their music.

So if they are not popular in your country they will be binned in a few years? Riiight.
Why do I love you so if you're just a spec of dust, floating endlessly amongst the trillion stars?
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby biscuits » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:58 pm

Him, J. Cole and Kendrick Lemar - I don't know the difference tbh. They all just seemed to appear at the same time with the same music.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Biebz » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:00 pm

biscuits wrote:Him, J. Cole and Kendrick Lemar - I don't know the difference tbh. They all just seemed to appear at the same time with the same music.
All completely different. For starters The Weeknd isn't a rapper :lol:
retro sensibility with a futuristic flare
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby olukolade » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:19 pm

biscuits wrote:Him, J. Cole and Kendrick Lemar - I don't know the difference tbh. They all just seemed to appear at the same time with the same music.
lol what?
olukolade
Manager

Postby Hugo » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:02 pm

I don't think anyone gives a damn, he's past his prime anyway.

Oh... my god. How can anyone take you seriously after this? :lol:
"When life gives you Beyoncé, make LEMONADE." Jesus (Matthew 9; 4)
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby NothingFails » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:14 pm

MrLeonix wrote:He could either become a consistent act like Bruno Mars or he could just fade like D'angelo.
I dunno, D'Angelo has only done 3 albums in like 23 years time but he's definitely consistant. His last album was universally acclaimed critically.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby CandyPerfumeBoy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:08 pm

Well actually you're just wrong. I don't know why you would say they are not popular in the Philippines. Is it because YOU haven't heard of them because I too talked to a friend from the Philippines who said there was no way around One dance during late summer. So I looked it up and found for example this:

http://radioboracay.com/music/philippines-top-20-year-end-2016/

(Drake at 8 and the Weeknd at 18)

http://chartsaroundtheworld.com/2017/01/12/philippines-top-100-digital-week-01-2017/

(the weeknd at 16 right now)
Scandinavian kid making out with the mirror
CandyPerfumeBoy
Roadie

Postby NothingFails » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:33 pm

CandyPerfumeBoy wrote:

Well actually you're just wrong. I don't know why you would say they are not popular in the Philippines. Is it because YOU haven't heard of them because I too talked to a friend from the Philippines who said there was no way around One dance during late summer. So I looked it up and found for example this:

http://radioboracay.com/music/philippines-top-20-year-end-2016/

(Drake at 8 and the Weeknd at 18)

http://chartsaroundtheworld.com/2017/01/12/philippines-top-100-digital-week-01-2017/

(the weeknd at 16 right now)
Well... since ****I**** don't listen to Drake's music, so obviously it must be a fact he's not popular in the US, even though Views was the #1 album for like 14 weeks (even though in fairness only like 2 of them were #1 on actual sales) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NothingFails
Legend

Return to Mad About Music