Predict the next 10 years for these artists : ED SHEERAN

Moderators: biscuits, tdc2000

Postby olukolade » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:08 pm

I'm starting this thread for us to discuss where we think certain artists will be in the next 10 years.

Let's start with Beyonce

Artists
- Beyonce
- Rihanna
- Drake
- Lady Gaga
- Bruno Mars
- Alicia Keys
- Kesha
- Justin Bieber
- Jay-Z
- Madonna
- Chris Brown
- Katy Perry
- Kanye West
- Nicki Minaj
- Eminem
- Pink
- Shawn Mendes
- Adele
- Taylor Swift
- Britney Spears
- The Weeknd
- Lil Wayne
- Coldplay
- Maroon 5
- Rae Sremmurd
- Ed Sheeran
Last edited by olukolade on Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 30 times in total.
olukolade
Manager

Postby olukolade » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:11 pm

I believe pop and international radios are done with Beyonce. She's still going to get support on urban radio as they're usually loyal.

Her album sales will continue to reduce but will remain respectable for the market climate.

The fact that she's also the best live performer of this generation will continue to keep her on people's minds

So in 10 years, I believe Beyonce will still be relevant but probably not as relevant aas she is now
olukolade
Manager

Postby Pomick209 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:50 pm

I believe she will slowly but surely fade away, like dem clouds
Pomick209
Groupie

Postby cdschart » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:23 pm

I have not heard a single song from Lemonade on any radio station I listen to (even on urban stations) and her last single I heard regularly was probably Best Thing I Never Had. Radio is done with her so I doubt she's going to have many more popular singles.

At this point she has to rely on her albums but eventually people will get sick of them as well (full price, no streaming, no physicals, etc.). She'll either have to change her strategy again or fade away with time.
cdschart
Personal Assistant

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:25 pm

cdschart wrote:I have not heard a single song from Lemonade on any radio station I listen to (even on urban stations) and her last single I heard regularly was probably Best Thing I Never Had. Radio is done with her so I doubt she's going to have many more popular singles.

At this point she has to rely on her albums but eventually people will get sick of them as well (full price, no streaming, no physicals, etc.). She'll either have to change her strategy again or fade away with time.
Oh god cheer up, who cares? :lol: Just enjoy the music.
Why do I love you so if you're just a spec of dust, floating endlessly amongst the trillion stars?
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Carbon » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:31 pm

lmao at the pessimism, as if we're discussing a one-hit wonder

she'll do good, maybe less maybe more. doubt she'll have many smashes but she could easily have some more. and the hype and critical support will be there still unless she does sth extremely bad, which is not likely
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby MrDiva » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:51 pm

Love this thread

I think you're underestimating her

She will sell these albums...
Not my kind of thing though
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby NothingFails » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:57 pm

Beyonce is a peculiar case, and I actually like what she's done. She's purposely moved away from the singles market to focus on albums... this is common in hip hop and rock, but usually not for pop/r&b/diva type artists. She doesn't need a big hit, word of mouth and her reputation speak for itself and help her achieve more than many artists who live and die by the chart placement of their latest single. I actually think it's smart what she's done... pop stars only have a finite amount of time on radio, but album artists can go for decades and decades. If any of the modern (1999-onward) female pop stars have a bid at having Madonna's type of career where they're still going strong in their 50s, Beyonce is the most likely one to do it, because she's in it for the long haul in a world where pop stars are looking to the next 3-6 months at all times.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:05 pm

NothingFails wrote:Beyonce is a peculiar case, and I actually like what she's done. She's purposely moved away from the singles market to focus on albums... this is common in hip hop and rock, but usually not for pop/r&b/diva type artists. She doesn't need a big hit, word of mouth and her reputation speak for itself and help her achieve more than many artists who live and die by the chart placement of their latest single. I actually think it's smart what she's done... pop stars only have a finite amount of time on radio, but album artists can go for decades and decades. If any of the modern (1999-onward) female pop stars have a bid at having Madonna's type of career where they're still going strong in their 50s, Beyonce is the most likely one to do it, because she's in it for the long haul in a world where pop stars are looking to the next 3-6 months at all times.
Hit singles were a big part of Madonna's career and legacy tho, albums are important but one of the most impressive things Madonna had was her abbility to score huge hits with every album she did during many years. She had notable huge hit songs in 3 decades.

I see Beyonce as some sort of modern Tina Turner instead.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:26 pm

but tina - as part of the originals - is bigger than madonna. all the originals (Turner, Franklin, Labelle, Ross, Streisand, Parton, Gladys etc)

are the biggest music legend there are.

The Madge Generation only really produced her, Janet and Whitney and the only other two who came after them were the two 90's singer whose names i've forgotten right now.

i think we cannot predict what will happen, bc right now the music industry is counting sales etc 4x in order to tabulate charts so what makes us think they'll stop now, maybe in 10 years they'll also include magazine covers and clicks on random websites by counting IP adresses. we are in a post-modern post music industry era. Anything that is happening now creates its own tradition and is separated from the past.
stevyy
Legend

Postby TIfan » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:31 pm

I see Beyonce headed towards the Led Zeppelin way and not the Beatles way. I am not comparing her to them of course. Just saying that she will be known as a albums artist more than anything and a OUTSTANDING performer. Tours will be sold out and she probably won't have any big hits.... but she will still have her name and anticipation.
TIfan
Superstar

Postby DOSSOME » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:48 pm

She'll be fine
Errr...Nice attempt but sit anyway
DOSSOME
Superstar

Postby Bojan » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:52 pm

Las Vegas
Bojan
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:06 pm

TIfan wrote:I see Beyonce headed towards the Led Zeppelin way and not the Beatles way. I am not comparing her to them of course. Just saying that she will be known as a albums artist more than anything and a OUTSTANDING performer. Tours will be sold out and she probably won't have any big hits.... but she will still have her name and anticipation.
I agree with this, her days with successful singles are long gone, she will probably some sell albums and concert tickets, especially in the US, will definitely be hard to score hits singles as it always is when you are past certain age.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby toni_pest » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:05 pm

if beyonce wanted a hit she'd have a hit
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby YASgawd » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:11 pm

toni_pest wrote:if beyonce wanted a hit she'd have a hit
THE LIE.

She's very thirsty for a hit. That's why she's promoting her songs/albums everywhere all the time.

She will have a meltdown and one huge flop album within 10 years.
See, I'm looking for a man that'll rub me slow, make me sing real high when he goes down low
YASgawd
Manager

Postby TIfan » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:18 pm

^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:
TIfan
Superstar

Postby RLAAMJR » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:19 pm

pls delete.
Last edited by RLAAMJR on Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby stevyy » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:58 pm

RLAAMJR wrote:Beyonce will be unheard on the radio, fading and failing in the music industry while Rihanna continues to top the charts.
first of all: who? secondly, u still listen to the radio, man? It's not 1974 anymore, branch out, man.
stevyy
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:06 am

stevyy wrote:but tina - as part of the originals - is bigger than madonna. all the originals (Turner, Franklin, Labelle, Ross, Streisand, Parton, Gladys etc).
Tina is amazing but not every single of hers necessarily smashed and she had big albums but not on that +20m / +30m / Diamond level, however she was known as the greatest female entertainer of her time hence everyone would attend to her legendary concerts that turned her into an acclaimed / respected performer.

Thats how I see Beyonce these days, not all of her singles smash, her albums are big but not big enough to compete with Adele, or Swift, yet she's the greatest female entertainer of her time which gives her acclaim and sells out her concerts. She's like a modern Tina and her legacy seems to be heading that way.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:10 am

I think her hit making days are numbered.

But she'll continue to put out critically acclaimed albums and she will eventually top the $1 billion mark in touring [I think she's currently at roughly $700-$800m] joining both Céline [$1.3 billion] and Madonna [$1.4 billion].

The curious thing about Beyoncé is whether she'll take the next step up and join the legends over the next 10 years - she definitely has it in her, she's THE star of her generation.
"If we are all in the gutter
It doesn’t change who we are
‘Cause some of us in the gutter
Are looking up at the stars"
Wayne
Legend

Postby RLAAMJR » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:10 am

stevyy wrote:
RLAAMJR wrote:Beyonce will be unheard on the radio, fading and failing in the music industry while Rihanna continues to top the charts.
first of all: who? secondly, u still listen to the radio, man? It's not 1974 anymore, branch out, man.
I don't listen to the radio anymore but it's still popular in the Philippines like riding on jeepneys, and to the indigents.
Last edited by RLAAMJR on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:11 am

Wayne wrote:I think her hit making days are numbered.
But the songs are still hits, just not chart hits.
Why do I love you so if you're just a spec of dust, floating endlessly amongst the trillion stars?
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:13 am

MrLeonix wrote:
stevyy wrote:but tina - as part of the originals - is bigger than madonna. all the originals (Turner, Franklin, Labelle, Ross, Streisand, Parton, Gladys etc).
Tina is amazing but not every single of hers necessarily smashed and she had big albums but not on that +20m / +30m / Diamond level, however she was known as the greatest female entertainer of her time hence everyone would attend to her legendary concerts that turned her into an acclaimed / respected performer.

Thats how I see Beyonce these days, not all of her singles smash, her albums are big but not big enough to compete with Adele, or Swift, yet she's the greatest female entertainer of her time which gives her acclaim and sells out her concerts. She's like a modern Tina and her legacy seems to be heading that way.
again, in my opinion, Tina Turner is above anyone and should not be compared to other artists. She is an Original and as such invented and brought forward a huge part of what we now know as the music industry. She doesn't need gimmicks, she's pure, a true innovator and trailblazer for women just by her mere existence. Nothing Beyoncé did, does or will do can rival an original as much as the other legends will never ever touch an original.

Tina is to music what Katherine Hepburn was to film. Turner had alltime evergreens which weren't commercially successful because as an original she possesses sth that we have lost today: cultural impact. She will always be the #1 female artist who has ever lived.
stevyy
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:15 am

I get what Leonix is getting at but agree with Stevvy of course. :P Tina is so different to Beyonce imo, more authentic and raw/soulful.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Return to Mad About Music