Predict the next 10 years for these artists : KATY PERRY

Moderators: biscuits, tdc2000

Postby NothingFails » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:29 pm

I think she will be past her peak as expected, but I could see her having a surprise smash era (like TEOM for Mariah) in the years to come if she sets her mind to it, but she's going to have to make the effort.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:36 pm

On a positive note (not success related), I think her music may keep improving in the next few years. She really pulled a big music quality comeback with "Glory", she went from a metacritic 50/100 panned album straight to a 71/100 reviewed album (thats a pretty solid increase). She already started recording her next album and if you want me to be honest I think it will be as good or even better than "Glory", success or not, I think she'll pull cool albums during her late 30s.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby biscuits » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:40 pm

She should release singles only
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Mainshow » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:42 pm

biscuits wrote:She should release singles only
Noooo.

Her album tracks are usually better than her singles bar her firsr two eras.
Britney Spears | Loreen | Coldplay | Within Temptation | Selena Gomez | Lena
Mainshow
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:45 pm

Mainshow wrote:
biscuits wrote:She should release singles only
Noooo.

Her album tracks are usually better than her singles bar her firsr two eras.
+1 , all of her real gems are inside her albums.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby MrRager » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:54 pm

I can see her recording the theme tune to the new Barney and Friends
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:01 pm

Biebz wrote:
joiPrince_JO wrote:
Britney is next bbz
You were right :lol:
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Ruthymon » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:25 pm

Another Vegas residency, another album, and she'll be done with music.

Probably acting full-time
Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby Nippian93 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:26 pm

Vegas, a new album once in a while, maybe some acting.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Erotica » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:30 pm

I need Britney albums, her singles often are a disappointment the last years
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby dhenapie » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:44 pm

I don't think Britney will be doing acting in the future. I mean every time she's asked about Crossroads, she always almost disowns it. :lol:

I just think she'll still be releasing few albums, but with different label. I honestly was not expecting Glory to flop as hard as it did. It's such a great record, but I can't blame it to her label anymore. I do believe she's lost the drive she once had when it comes to having another successful era. She just doesn't care anymore. And so does the GP.
Who else matters?
dhenapie
Personal Assistant

Postby Mainshow » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:56 pm

Britney was asked this era if we are going to see her in another movie and her answer was: "Granted that i am a bad actress. No!"

Britney has always been interested in music and she has always been in recording studios her entire life. She can't live without it.
She will never be done with music aftee another or two or three albums. It's just she isn't hungry anymore to be on top.
It's like she's enjoying her time now and that's totoally fine.

Whenever she wants to hit us hard with a great single, excellent visuals and great live performances (her only great one since 2008 was the one from the BBMAs 2016), I am pretty sure she can have a very decent era again.
Britney Spears | Loreen | Coldplay | Within Temptation | Selena Gomez | Lena
Mainshow
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:56 pm

dhenapie wrote:I don't think Britney will be doing acting in the future. I mean every time she's asked about Crossroads, she always almost disowns it. :lol:
She has actually expressed interest on acting again. I can see her doing that but not on full mode or anything, I think she may starr in one more film (likely a comedy) but thats it. And of course her TV guest appearances that she truly likes to do ("Will & Grace", "How I met your mother", "Glee", "Jane the Virgin", etc, there'll be more for sure).

But as Mainshow said, music is what she likes, and she already started recording her new album.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby theArmy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:02 am

MrRager wrote:I can see her recording the theme tune to the new Barney and Friends
She already did The Smurfs theme so why not! :lol:
I'm on the edge!
theArmy
Legend

Postby RLAAMJR » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:14 am

Britney having two more children from Sam. :)
Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby jpguy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:54 pm

Britney will probably still tour here and there and will try to live off her legacy from 2000-2009 and will just appear at VMA's or Billboard awards to be called queen or princess of pop or whatever people have been hyping her up at every single Awards and still lipsinc and perform even worse than now - will release a couple more albums, will probably have 1 more kid and will probably just somehow become totally irrelevant for a couple years. No real hits just minor ones
::: BTS - EXO - Blackpink - Utada - Ayumi - BoA :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby innocenteyes » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:31 pm

biscuits wrote:Vegas, nothing else.
innocenteyes
Legend

Postby Rihab » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:53 pm

MrLeonix wrote:She really pulled a big music quality comeback with "Glory", she went from a metacritic 50/100 panned album straight to a 71/100 reviewed album (thats a pretty solid increase
But then again only 14 critics bothered to review the album, so we can't really talk about a critical success here.
Rihab
Legend

Postby Drug » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:01 pm

Well,i'm hoping she can pull of a comeback coadf/eom style...just dreaming :(
-Marshall you're so funny man, you should be a comedian, God damn
-Unfortunately I am, but I just hide behind the tears of a clown
Drug
Roadie

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:09 pm

Rihab wrote:
MrLeonix wrote:She really pulled a big music quality comeback with "Glory", she went from a metacritic 50/100 panned album straight to a 71/100 reviewed album (thats a pretty solid increase
But then again only 14 critics bothered to review the album, so we can't really talk about a critical success here.
Well, it got more reviews that are not subscribed to metacritic and most were good as well and her album made the Rolling Stone Best pop albums of 2016 list at #5 (she hadn't gotten an album placed on a RS list since "Blackout") and it did several other critics lists (her first to do so since "Blackout"). Also "In the zone" got a lower score (66/100) from even less reviews (13 reviews). So yeah "Glory" was a quality comeback for Britney, her previous album was panned and was considered among the worst of the year, so it was a turn around for her musically-wise.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:35 am

She's going to continue staying out of the Hollywood/celebrity world, stay in Vegas for a few more years, largely remain off the radar after that but release a new album for the fans every few years.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Superstar

Postby MrDiva » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:46 am

MrLeonix wrote:
Rihab wrote:
Well, it got more reviews that are not subscribed to metacritic and most were good as well and her album made the Rolling Stone Best pop albums of 2016 list at #5 (she hadn't gotten an album placed on a RS list since "Blackout") and it did several other critics lists (her first to do so since "Blackout"). Also "In the zone" got a lower score (66/100) from even less reviews (13 reviews). So yeah "Glory" was a quality comeback for Britney, her previous album was panned and was considered among the worst of the year, so it was a turn around for her musically-wise.
Great facts! Convincing data
Thank you I didn't know most of it and it was quite interesting
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby RLAAMJR » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:05 am

I still want Britney to do well but this could be her last 10 years. If not, the albums are not selling well.

I still hope for her to have a duet with a music legend though. She sung and danced with MJ, she had a duet with Madonna, so why not Britney and Celine next. :)
Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby spiritboy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:00 pm

RLAAMJR wrote:I still want Britney to do well but this could be her last 10 years. If not, the albums are not selling well.

I still hope for her to have a duet with a music legend though. She sung and danced with MJ, she had a duet with Madonna, so why not Britney and Celine next. :)
That would be an awful mess :lol:
spiritboy
Legend

Postby jpguy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:32 pm

Glory also had tracks in the list of Worst tracks of 2016 so it wasn't this massive improvement nor was it a second coming of BLACKOUT (one of her fan's favourite).
::: BTS - EXO - Blackpink - Utada - Ayumi - BoA :::
jpguy
Legend

Return to Mad About Music