Ultimate Female Acts 2016 - ** WINNER ANNOUNCED **

Moderators: tdc2000, biscuits

Postby MusicLover88 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:17 pm

AlphaMale wrote:
gunman6 wrote:I know I'm biased :lol: but I really don't like Madonna's voice. I'm mostly into artists who are really good at singing.
Please understand me. It's a matter of personal taste.
Exactly! Well said! Am I a Stan because I love Madonna's music more than mariah' s music, or is it just a matter of personal taste?
Well you ARE a stan :lol: But there's nothing wrong with that lol.
Unlike other things that wither, she preserves. She’s a constant in a world of relentless flux. She’s a beacon of immortality. Bitch, she’s Madonna.
MusicLover88
Manager

Postby AlphaMale » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:18 pm

MusicLover88 wrote:
AlphaMale wrote:
gunman6 wrote:I know I'm biased :lol: but I really don't like Madonna's voice. I'm mostly into artists who are really good at singing.
Please understand me. It's a matter of personal taste.
Exactly! Well said! Am I a Stan because I love Madonna's music more than mariah' s music, or is it just a matter of personal taste?
Well you ARE a stan :lol: But there's nothing wrong with that lol.
:evil: :D
I'm a fan! Not a Stan! I think....
Surely whoever speaks to me in the right voice
Him or her I shall follow
AlphaMale
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:19 pm

I think there's varying degrees... preferring Madonna/Mariah doesn't make you a stan, nor does personal taste liking one but not liking the other... but "I hate Madonna/Mariah because I am a Mariah/Madonna fan" is kind of stannish, it's all different :lol: . I mean, I have a friend who is a Madonna stan and he hates basically every other remotely successful female artist because in his mind they're all "competition", that's a stan :lol: :lol: :lol:
NothingFails
Legend

Postby MusicLover88 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:20 pm

NothingFails wrote:I think there's varying degrees... preferring Madonna/Mariah doesn't make you a stan, nor does personal taste liking one but not liking the other... but "I hate Madonna/Mariah because I am a Mariah/Madonna fan" is kind of stannish, it's all different :lol: . I mean, I have a friend who is a Madonna stan and he hates basically every other remotely successful female artist because in his mind they're all "competition", that's a stan :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is true :lol:
Unlike other things that wither, she preserves. She’s a constant in a world of relentless flux. She’s a beacon of immortality. Bitch, she’s Madonna.
MusicLover88
Manager

Postby AlphaMale » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:21 pm

NothingFails wrote:I think there's varying degrees... preferring Madonna/Mariah doesn't make you a stan, nor does personal taste liking one but not liking the other... but "I hate Madonna/Mariah because I am a Mariah/Madonna fan" is kind of stannish, it's all different :lol: . I mean, I have a friend who is a Madonna stan and he hates basically every other remotely successful female artist because in his mind they're all "competition", that's a stan :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's not me at all. My Love affair with Madonna is not a reason for not liking other female stars.
AlphaMale
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:32 pm

AlphaMale wrote:
That's not me at all. My Love affair with Madonna is not a reason for not liking other female stars.
I've actually called him out on the ridiculousness and he's totally oblivious to how much he downplays Beyonce, Mariah, Cher, Gaga, Janet, Adele, etc... solely on what in his mind is "I hate her because she isn't Madonna". Oddly enough he wasn't even old enough to remember Madonna's true golden days and didn't realy get to enjoy her until the Guy era, but he can't help but hate every other female artist who has had a measure of success because he measures every other female artist based on why they are not Madonna. :lol: :roll:
NothingFails
Legend

Postby RLAAMJR » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:40 pm

But there is what we call as a nice and friendly competition.
Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby AlphaMale » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:43 pm

:D :D :D
We have a lot of that around here.
I don't consider myself a Stan.
A crazy fan, well, yeah! :D
AlphaMale
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:47 pm

RLAAMJR wrote:But there is what we call as a nice and friendly competition.
Not even being able to acknowledge another legendary female artist even has *one* good song because you feel like you're betraying Madonna is another thing :lol: :lol: :lol:
NothingFails
Legend

Postby biscuits » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:48 pm

NothingFails wrote:
Not even being able to acknowledge another legendary female artist even has *one* good song because you feel like you're betraying Madonna is another thing :lol: :lol: :lol:
Is he already on UKMIX? I'm sure I've seen him around here
biscuits
The Diva

Postby RLAAMJR » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:53 pm

biscuits wrote:
RLAAMJR wrote:Frozen beat My heart Will Go On in the us billboard hot 100 though mhwgo reclaimed the top spot. Just saying.

But Frozen is oneof my favorite Madonna songs. Also love the music video.
Frozen didn't reach #1 in the US
Oh. I just remembered. Well maybe im right this time. It was in mtv top 20.
Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby Wayne » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:59 pm

Ughhhhh.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:59 pm

Wayne
Administrator

Postby MusicLover88 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:05 pm

Lara!!!
MusicLover88
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:06 pm

Faith Hill has a nice voice, but I know practically nothing from her discography...save for "Breathe", and I don't even remember what it sounds like.

As for M.I.A., I usually can't get into her work, but "Bad Girls" is a bop. Live fast, die young, bad girls do it well.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby stevyy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:03 pm

Lara has a fantastic voice. Love her.
stevyy
Legend

Postby stevyy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:04 pm

I own 1 faith hill album. she is incredible.. she literally has one of the 5 best voices of all times. #fact
stevyy
Legend

Postby DOSSOME » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:12 pm

biscuits wrote:
NothingFails wrote:
Is he already on UKMIX? I'm sure I've seen him around here
Me too ;-)
Errr...Nice attempt but sit anyway
DOSSOME
Superstar

Postby Carbon » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:17 pm

omg so two of my faves are literally in the 110-101 :lol: c'mooooon
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby Christinamuse » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:36 pm

JSparksFan wrote:Faith Hill has a nice voice, but I know practically nothing from her discography...save for "Breathe", and I don't even remember what it sounds like.
I adore Faith Hill, incredibly beautiful woman, talented singer, she's one of my favorite country singers after Leann Rimes. Breathe song is unforgettable for me. So much memories I have with this beautiful love ballad. The song will be always associated with one man I'll never forget.

I also adore this live performance with the legendary Carlos Santana
https://youtu.be/aVH77iNRRVw
https://www.smule.com/ChristinaNaumo1

https://www.instagram.com/christinasinglove/

Music creates the feelings which you can't find in life
Christinamuse
Personal Assistant

Postby RLAAMJR » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:40 pm

MusicLover88 wrote:Lara!!!
Broken Vow. :)
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby flopho » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:49 pm

Carbon wrote:omg so two of my faves are literally in the 110-101 :lol: c'mooooon
hmm, Miranda and who is the other one?

can't believe she's once again so close to the Top 100 :cry: , i swear if she's #101.. :evil:
Shame on me for changing...no, shame on you for staying the same
flopho
Legend

Postby Phoenixx » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:22 pm

Did I miss Iggy Azalea somehow?
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby Carbon » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:25 pm

Phoenixx wrote:Did I miss Iggy Azalea somehow?
yes, she's a bit lower. I'd suggest looking a few pages back but they're cluttered with annoying stan posts so personally I would rather live in ignorance
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby Phoenixx » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:28 pm

Carbon wrote:
Phoenixx wrote:Did I miss Iggy Azalea somehow?
yes, she's a bit lower. I'd suggest looking a few pages back but they're cluttered with annoying stan posts so personally I would rather live in ignorance
:lol: okay

I looked backwards til rank 150 but didn't find her
Phoenixx
Purpose

Return to General Music Discussion