Ultimate Female Acts 2016 - ** WINNER ANNOUNCED **

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, tdc2000

Postby RayRay » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:29 pm

Just skip to 3:34 to hear how powerful her voice is.
Great to see Lara so close to the #100. Next year hopefully she will in.
One of the greatest voices I've ever heard.
One of the best performers I've ever seen live.
Last edited by RayRay on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby RayRay » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:35 pm

Erotica wrote:
RayRay wrote:Great to see Sarah Connor going up!!!!

Her biggest hit in the Netherlands:

sadly I don't like her newest music at all
That's a real shame. For me it's almost the other way round.
Although I loved her Mariah-esque music, I prefer her own German sound.
"Muttersprache" is one of my favorite albums.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby NothingFails » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:46 pm

I remember when Celine went on her "retirement" in 2000 that was really just "I want to take time out and have a baby and will be back in 2 years), Sony tried to hype Lara up to the US audience as a substitution and after the one single, you never heard hide nor hair about her again over here.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby Wayne » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:48 pm

NothingFails wrote:I remember when Celine went on her "retirement" in 2000 that was really just "I want to take time out and have a baby and will be back in 2 years), Sony tried to hype Lara up to the US audience as a substitution and after the one single, you never heard hide nor hair about her again over here.
It's amazing how much she was marketed like Céline.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:48 pm

Wayne
Administrator

Postby biscuits » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:50 pm

These flop hoes don't deserve write ups
biscuits
The Diva

Postby RayRay » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:55 pm

Wayne wrote:
NothingFails wrote:I remember when Celine went on her "retirement" in 2000 that was really just "I want to take time out and have a baby and will be back in 2 years), Sony tried to hype Lara up to the US audience as a substitution and after the one single, you never heard hide nor hair about her again over here.
Except they had her release I Will Love Again, a dance anthem. I really love that song, but most of her first English album is filled with ballads. They should have relied more on her ballads, like they did in Europe. Adagio is amazing.

RayRay
Superstar

Postby BodyShop » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:13 pm

Wayne wrote:
I think they marketed her like that worldwide cause it was the same here in Brazil.
Her single was featured on this huge soap-opera (the country's most watched tv program) and was a HUGE success.
But,after that one... Never heard of her again.
BodyShop
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:18 pm

"The Closest Thing to Crazy" is a great song! I don't know much else from Katie, though.
"Love yourself so that love will not be a stranger when it comes, and it will come."

Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2017: [65-61]
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby RayRay » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:18 pm

^^ Lara was very disappointed in SONY.
Not only did they go for the only dance track to be released as the leadsingle in the US, it was also one of the few songs she didn't write herself. She was very proud of the album, having worked with Walter Afanasieff (Mariah Carey, Celine Dion) and Patrick Leonard (Madonna). Then when the second English album was released they just couldn't decide what the leadsingle would be. There were promo's for No Big Deal (up tempo) and The Last Goodbye (ballad). Eventually no official single was released at all... So she left SONY and concentrated again on her French carreer.
BUT... she is to release a new English album this year! :D
RayRay
Superstar

Postby dhenapie » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:23 pm

biscuits wrote:These flop hoes don't deserve write ups
:lol: :lol: :lol:
dhenapie
Manager

Postby Wayne » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:24 pm

So, so rude.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby flopho » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:24 pm

dhenapie wrote:
:lol: :lol:
thx Wayne :cry:
Shame on me for changing...no, shame on you for staying the same
flopho
Legend

Postby Phoenixx » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:28 pm

dhenapie wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby Carbon » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:32 pm

OMG Wayne :o :cry: that is so nice of you to give more writeups :cry: I am forever grateful

:lol: :cry:
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm

Carbon's 2017 Faves
- check it out!
Carbon
Legend

Postby NoAngel » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:34 pm

Katie <3 The House is one of the best albums ever!
B. get off my pole!
NoAngel
Superstar

Postby Carbon » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:35 pm

oh and lemme comment on Katie... her voice is one of the most beautiful voices ever, her recent albums are very underrated and I love how soothing her music is. definitely among my favourite musicians of all time

Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm

Carbon's 2017 Faves
- check it out!
Carbon
Legend

Postby RayRay » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:35 pm

Nine Million Bicycles is the only Katie song I truely love.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby dhenapie » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:43 pm

RayRay wrote:^^ Lara was very disappointed in SONY.
Not only did they go for the only dance track to be released as the leadsingle in the US, it was also one of the few songs she didn't write herself. She was very proud of the album, having worked with Walter Afanasieff (Mariah Carey, Celine Dion) and Patrick Leonard (Madonna). Then when the second English album was released they just couldn't decide what the leadsingle would be. There were promo's for No Big Deal (up tempo) and The Last Goodbye (ballad). Eventually no official single was released at all... So she left SONY and concentrated again on her French carreer.
BUT... she is to release a new English album this year! :D
Has Celine ever acknowledged Lara? I haven't read/heard her commenting about Lara and AFAIK, Lara even dedicated a whole page of her album booklet to Celine like 10 years ago. The album which she covered L'amour Existe Encore.
dhenapie
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:04 pm

Phoenixx wrote:
Carbon wrote:
Phoenixx wrote:Did I miss Iggy Azalea somehow?
yes, she's a bit lower. I'd suggest looking a few pages back but they're cluttered with annoying stan posts so personally I would rather live in ignorance
:lol: okay

I looked backwards til rank 150 but didn't find her
She was definitely presented a few days ago, but I have no idea what her position is.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Christinamuse » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:07 am

JSparksFan wrote:Faith Hill has a nice voice, but I know practically nothing from her discography...save for "Breathe", and I don't even remember what it sounds like.
I'd reccomend you to start with the 'Cry' and 'Breathe' albums. These albums are pure satisfaction for my ears) my favorite songs are:

https://youtu.be/9r_TWJlFRxQ
https://youtu.be/1gWNmt7yG44
https://youtu.be/XwI-ytg09jg
https://youtu.be/tIUOaaaJGRE
https://youtu.be/FcKJmjX6plI
And I'm sure everybody heard this song, the soundtrack to a ' Pearl Harbor' movie
https://youtu.be/ygeaQIvCmc8
https://www.smule.com/ChristinaNaumo1

https://www.instagram.com/christinasinglove/

Music creates the feelings which you can't find in life
Christinamuse
Manager

Postby Storyteller » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:10 am

Breathe is hercbest album by a mile! Fireflies is quit good too, it moves back towards country.
Cry is basically Faith trying to be Celine Dion. It has s few good songs but it's a pretty boring listen to be honest.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby SummerPeur » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:26 am

mattsky wrote:Natalie Imbruglia has always been one of my favorite singers!
Good to see Natalie get some more love.

Shiver > Wrong Impression > Torn.

Those 3 songs alone are better then some of these other singer's whole discography.
Love, is love, is love. - Kylie M.
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby SummerPeur » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:51 am

stevyy wrote:My votés

[40 POINTS] - Lissie
[38 POINTS] - Alicia Keys
[37 POINTS] - Birdy
[35 POINTS] - Lana Del Rey
[33 POINTS] - Jessie Ware
[32 POINTS] - Lena Meyer-Landrut
[31 POINTS] - Nicki Minaj
[28 POINTS] - Lady Gaga
[27 POINTS] - Avril Lavigne
[24 POINTS] - Emeli Sandé
[23 POINTS] - Sarah Connor
[22 POINTS] - Stefanie Heinzmann
[15 POINTS] - Jennifer Lopez
[14 POINTS] - Katy B
[13 POINTS] - Jessie J
[12 POINTS] - Carole King
[11 POINTS] - Carly Rae Jepsen

[10 POINTS] - Kylie Minogue
Mess at your votes Stevyy. M so low and behind some of these artists like what?!

I'am actually so suprised to see people posting theirs lists and Kylie being absent or so low :(. I'm so sorry for my stanning but I'am honestly so curious, what is it about Kylie that so many of yous don't enjoy?

Is it just she is to camp? Or you just don't enjoy her music / or haven't really been exposed to her at all etc? No judgement circle and I promise I won't come for you :lol:, I am just so genuinely shocked that an Australian LEGEND gets so little praise on here, when what she has achieved without the support of one of the biggest music industries is truly remarkable.

I'am just after some insights about this!

For those of yous who want to listen to my spill; otherwise the rest can stop reading here.

Kylie, its like as soon as you hear that name it expels love and acceptance. Her name is positive, the thoughts she generates is exactly what the world should represent. Her music for me just brings joy. Her music is so varied that she has re-invented herself so many times and provided music listeners with such diverse comings that some artists will never achieve. Her presence, her persona, her dedication to LGTB groups, her genuine care and interest in other artists is out of this world. She is class, she is true elegance if it existed solely in a person, and she has been in so few scandals, or scandals that weren't her fault that have tarnished who she is as a person, and what she represents. She has survived and lived through so many character testing events (cancer, death of her partners, labels using her, comparisons to Madonna), she has been brought low, ridiculed by her own country, yet she has never given up or let that diminish her spirit. She has continued to express love, continued to bring joy, dance, vulnerability, and experiences to people around the world. She openly supports every female artists - only once has she ever said something negative. When she was first starting out, she was asked if she loved or disliked Mariah Carey, true to herself you could in the interview how uncomfortable she was and she was being forced to say dislike to generate some news. Yet later on, she apologized, and praised Mariah wishing her with love and support. Its rare to see these pop divas for one apologise for previous actions, but let alone genuinely praise and support them. She is a model that I always try to live my life by, though I fail at it A LOT more then her :lol:. Anyway I aplogise for the stan rant.

For people that don't really know Kylie, here are some NON-SINGLES that show some hidden gems of Kylies RECENT releases.

Too Much
Feels So Good
Love, is love, is love. - Kylie M.
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby MusicLover88 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:22 am

I don't believe Canadian queen Sarah has appeared yet? :)
Unlike other things that wither, she preserves. She’s a constant in a world of relentless flux. She’s a beacon of immortality. Bitch, she’s Madonna.
MusicLover88
Manager

Return to General Music Discussion