2016 UKMIXParade Choice Awards - Complete list of winners

Moderators: biscuits, tdc2000

 

Postby abi » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:23 am

Voted. :P
User avatar
abi
Legend
 
Posts: 29871
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007
Location: Indonesia

Postby leomedar » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:42 pm

...
Last edited by leomedar on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
leomedar
Superstar
 
Posts: 7762
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Postby JSparksFan » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:56 pm

Voted! I went with one particular act in six different categories.
"The goal is not to live forever; the goal is to create something that will."
User avatar
JSparksFan
Legend
 
Posts: 42459
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009
Location: Bahamas

Postby Biebz » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:01 pm

Voted! The nominations for the Pop category aren't very good though :lol:
retro sensibility with a futuristic flare
User avatar
Biebz
Best Damn Member
 
Posts: 19470
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013
Location: UK

Postby leomedar » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:37 pm

Biebz wrote:Voted! The nominations for the Pop category aren't very good though :lol:
interesting considering the top 5 songs, albms and artist of UKMIXPARADE are POP. Who should have been there in your opinion?
User avatar
leomedar
Superstar
 
Posts: 7762
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Postby Biebz » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:41 pm

leomedar wrote:
Biebz wrote:Voted! The nominations for the Pop category aren't very good though :lol:
interesting considering the top 5 songs, albms and artist of UKMIXPARADE are POP. Who should have been there in your opinion?
Gaga and Selena maybe? Now that you mention it, I'm not really sure :lol:
retro sensibility with a futuristic flare
User avatar
Biebz
Best Damn Member
 
Posts: 19470
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013
Location: UK

Postby toni_pest » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:46 pm

all those nominations for jt and britney :puke:
:)
User avatar
toni_pest
Coming Soon
 
Posts: 31010
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007

Postby leomedar » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:51 pm

...
Last edited by leomedar on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
leomedar
Superstar
 
Posts: 7762
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Postby leomedar » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:33 pm

...
Last edited by leomedar on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
leomedar
Superstar
 
Posts: 7762
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Postby Phoenixx » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:57 am

Just voted.

I love "Hymn For The Weeknd" but I never voted for THAT because in every vote section were another Song / Act which is a bit better :D
User avatar
Phoenixx
Purpose
 
Posts: 13257
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby leomedar » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:57 pm

...
Last edited by leomedar on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
leomedar
Superstar
 
Posts: 7762
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Postby RLAAMJR » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:40 am

I feel so sad Justin Bieber only have one nomination as a featured artist. 2016 is Justin Bieber's year and everybody knows we all hearda lot of his songs all throughout the year.

Love Yourself is the biggest song in the world in 2016. (almost) Everybody knows the song.

Love Yourself is #1 in US Billboard hot 100 year end and this
Image
Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs
User avatar
RLAAMJR
Manager
 
Posts: 2286
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016
Location: My avatar is Ororo Munroe aka Storm of the X-men

Postby leomedar » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:27 am

I was expecting Justin to rule the nominations this year. In fact, during the year I was expecting Beyoncé, Rihanna and Justin to be big here, but none of them managed nominations in the top 3 awards.
But my expectations were based only on imagination, as I do not track weekly points by artists, I just check the weekly edition and wait for CZB to surpris me with the year-end chart.

Justin's Love Yourself, as big as it is, didn't rank inside the TOP 300 this year. These were his entries:
Rank - Points - Song - Artist
186 - 46 - COMPANY - JUSTIN BIEBER
108 - 66 - COLD WATER - MAJOR LAZER FEATURING JUSTIN BIEBER AND MØ
61 - 103 - SORRY - JUSTIN BIEBER
46 - 112 - LET ME LOVE YOU - DJ SNAKE FEATURING JUSTIN BIEBER

With those numbers, no doubt he wasn't going to score noms! Only Snake&JB managed a nom in Best Dance-Electronic song.
In the Artists rank, he managed a #23 position, one spot behind... Selena Gomez.
Purpose was the #27 album in the final album ranking.

Last year Justin managed 1 nomination in Male Artist of the Year, and eventually won the award.
User avatar
leomedar
Superstar
 
Posts: 7762
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Postby RLAAMJR » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:08 pm

leomedar wrote:I was expecting Justin to rule the nominations this year. In fact, during the year I was expecting Beyoncé, Rihanna and Justin to be big here, but none of them managed nominations in the top 3 awards.
But my expectations were based only on imagination, as I do not track weekly points by artists, I just check the weekly edition and wait for CZB to surpris me with the year-end chart.

Justin's Love Yourself, as big as it is, didn't rank inside the TOP 300 this year. These were his entries:
Rank - Points - Song - Artist
186 - 46 - COMPANY - JUSTIN BIEBER
108 - 66 - COLD WATER - MAJOR LAZER FEATURING JUSTIN BIEBER AND MØ
61 - 103 - SORRY - JUSTIN BIEBER
46 - 112 - LET ME LOVE YOU - DJ SNAKE FEATURING JUSTIN BIEBER

With those numbers, no doubt he wasn't going to score noms! Only Snake&JB managed a nom in Best Dance-Electronic song.
In the Artists rank, he managed a #23 position, one spot behind... Selena Gomez.
Purpose was the #27 album in the final album ranking.

Last year Justin managed 1 nomination in Male Artist of the Year, and eventually won the award.
What top 300 are you talking about?

and to add, Love Yourself is the 5th best selling single in 2016 , accourding to media traffic: http://www.mediatraffic.de/year-end-tracks.htm

That's aside from being the 4th most streamed song in spotify: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_m ... on_Spotify
Last edited by RLAAMJR on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs
User avatar
RLAAMJR
Manager
 
Posts: 2286
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016
Location: My avatar is Ororo Munroe aka Storm of the X-men

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:10 pm

Voted :wink:
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
User avatar
MrLeonix
Legend
 
Posts: 16231
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013

Postby leomedar » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:03 pm

RLAAMJR wrote:
leomedar wrote:I was expecting Justin to rule the nominations this year. In fact, during the year I was expecting Beyoncé, Rihanna and Justin to be big here, but none of them managed nominations in the top 3 awards.
But my expectations were based only on imagination, as I do not track weekly points by artists, I just check the weekly edition and wait for CZB to surpris me with the year-end chart.

Justin's Love Yourself, as big as it is, didn't rank inside the TOP 300 this year. These were his entries:
Rank - Points - Song - Artist
186 - 46 - COMPANY - JUSTIN BIEBER
108 - 66 - COLD WATER - MAJOR LAZER FEATURING JUSTIN BIEBER AND MØ
61 - 103 - SORRY - JUSTIN BIEBER
46 - 112 - LET ME LOVE YOU - DJ SNAKE FEATURING JUSTIN BIEBER

With those numbers, no doubt he wasn't going to score noms! Only Snake&JB managed a nom in Best Dance-Electronic song.
In the Artists rank, he managed a #23 position, one spot behind... Selena Gomez.
Purpose was the #27 album in the final album ranking.

Last year Justin managed 1 nomination in Male Artist of the Year, and eventually won the award.
What top 300 are you talking about?

and to add, Love Yourself is the 5th best selling single in 2016 , accourding to media traffic: http://www.mediatraffic.de/year-end-tracks.htm

That's aside from being the 4th most streamed song in spotify: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_m ... on_Spotify
Sorry, thought you knew this awards are based on UKMIXPARADE Year-end chart. LINK

Every week CZB creates this chart that is a summary of all top-5 songs of each indivdual poster's chart. Then, by the end of the year he makes and shares the TOP 300 and fro that I create this awards. Nominations here are solely based on that chart, hat's why Justin is not around. I know he had an amazing year regarding success in music charts radio and stream!
User avatar
leomedar
Superstar
 
Posts: 7762
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Postby RLAAMJR » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:07 am

leomedar wrote:
RLAAMJR wrote:
leomedar wrote:I was expecting Justin to rule the nominations this year. In fact, during the year I was expecting Beyoncé, Rihanna and Justin to be big here, but none of them managed nominations in the top 3 awards.
But my expectations were based only on imagination, as I do not track weekly points by artists, I just check the weekly edition and wait for CZB to surpris me with the year-end chart.

Justin's Love Yourself, as big as it is, didn't rank inside the TOP 300 this year. These were his entries:
Rank - Points - Song - Artist
186 - 46 - COMPANY - JUSTIN BIEBER
108 - 66 - COLD WATER - MAJOR LAZER FEATURING JUSTIN BIEBER AND MØ
61 - 103 - SORRY - JUSTIN BIEBER
46 - 112 - LET ME LOVE YOU - DJ SNAKE FEATURING JUSTIN BIEBER

With those numbers, no doubt he wasn't going to score noms! Only Snake&JB managed a nom in Best Dance-Electronic song.
In the Artists rank, he managed a #23 position, one spot behind... Selena Gomez.
Purpose was the #27 album in the final album ranking.

Last year Justin managed 1 nomination in Male Artist of the Year, and eventually won the award.
What top 300 are you talking about?

and to add, Love Yourself is the 5th best selling single in 2016 , accourding to media traffic: http://www.mediatraffic.de/year-end-tracks.htm

That's aside from being the 4th most streamed song in spotify: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_m ... on_Spotify
Sorry, thought you knew this awards are based on UKMIXPARADE Year-end chart. LINK

Every week CZB creates this chart that is a summary of all top-5 songs of each indivdual poster's chart. Then, by the end of the year he makes and shares the TOP 300 and fro that I create this awards. Nominations here are solely based on that chart, hat's why Justin is not around. I know he had an amazing year regarding success in music charts radio and stream!
I see. I understand now. Thanks for the info. :)
Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs
User avatar
RLAAMJR
Manager
 
Posts: 2286
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016
Location: My avatar is Ororo Munroe aka Storm of the X-men

Postby leomedar » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:22 pm

I Made a BIG mistake!!! :oops:

CZB and RLAAMJR helped me understand my fault! I completely overlooked position 30-16! And of course some major changes happen once I include those positions and points...

so I am very sorry but I'll have to restart everything! Ill delete previous posts with info and restart between today and tomorrow. SORRY (is it too late now to say sorry?) :x :evil:

Ill contact the members that have voted so as to change votes at least in the categories that suffer changes.
User avatar
leomedar
Superstar
 
Posts: 7762
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Postby leomedar » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:48 am

NEW Voting Ballot!

LAter tonight I'll send messages to the members that have already voted so as to change votes in the fields with changes in the nominations. Meantime, things can restart and new voters can join. I'll present again best nominated artists as some mahor changes happened.

Thanks!
User avatar
leomedar
Superstar
 
Posts: 7762
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Postby Phoenixx » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:27 pm

I don't know any difference. But you can take my Vote which I already sent you on Saturday :D
User avatar
Phoenixx
Purpose
 
Posts: 13257
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby leomedar » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:43 pm

Ill pm later today to the ones that have already voted just to make sure things are clear.
Thank go di hadnt done major campaign yet but still i have many votes set to check.
User avatar
leomedar
Superstar
 
Posts: 7762
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Postby trebor » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:55 pm

No worries. (Sh/t happens!)
Shame about the huge amount of time you had to put into this project again!
User avatar
trebor
Superstar
 
Posts: 8098
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014

Postby Tansike » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:14 pm

Just voted :D

The Best Song Made for a Movie category is soooo tough though, love them all so much (except Justin...)
User avatar
Tansike
Legend
 
Posts: 37233
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012
Location: Switzerland

Postby leomedar » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:42 am

16 Votes in!!! And 20 days left to vote! I'll start with pms this weekend.

Finally, here is the artist with the biggest amount of nominations this year!

Image

Rihanna scores 9 nominations, but only one of them is in the Big Awards: Artist of the Year. Her album ANTI took the world by storm, fueled by her massive hit Work. She is becoming, like it or not, a key part of music history, accumulating #1s across the globe and creating the soundtrack of the 2000-2010's.

Unfortunately, Riri's career was somehow overshadowed by her love life, first because of her chaotic relationship with Chris Brown and nowadays for something I don't fully understand regarding Jlo and Drake. But truth will speak in a future and we will all agree Rihanna knew how to make fire music.

Best R&B - Rap/HipHop Artist
Best R&B - Rap/HipHop Song: Kiss It Better
Best R&B - Rap/HipHop Song: Work (feat. Drake)
Best R&B - Rap/HipHop Album: ANTI
Best Dance-Electronic Song: This Is What You Came For (with Calvin Harris)
Best Song Made for a Movie: Sledgehammer
Collaboration Of The Year: This Is What You Came For (with Calvin Harris)
Female Artist Of The Year
Artist Of The Year

User avatar
leomedar
Superstar
 
Posts: 7762
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Postby Phoenixx » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:02 am

Tansike wrote:Just voted :D

The Best Song Made for a Movie category is soooo tough though, love them all so much (except Justin...)
At first I voted for CSTF. But now I changed it ;)
User avatar
Phoenixx
Purpose
 
Posts: 13257
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012
Location: Germany

Return to Mad About Music