2016 UKMIXParade Choice Awards - Complete list of winners

Moderators: biscuits, tdc2000

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:55 am

Awesome winners! I think all the people/songs/albums I voted for won! :D
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:15 am

Glad David Bowie won! Maybe I'm biased but he just deserved that, I mean 21 Pilots? No thanks.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Phoenixx » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:44 am

My Votes:

Best R&B - Rap/HipHop Artist
Drake - No win :cry:

Best R&B - Rap/HipHop Song
One Dance - Drake feat. Wizkid & Kyla - unfortunately also here no win :cry: :cry:

Best R&B - Rap/HipHop Album
Views - Drake - Also no win :(

Best Alt-Rock Artist
Twenty One Pilots - Again no win :roll:

Best Alt-Rock Song
Stressed Out - Twenty One Pilots :cry: :cry:

Best Alt-Rock Album
Blurryface - Twenty One Pilots

So...No winnders for me o far. But I'm also happy about Beys wins :)
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby NothingFails » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:13 am

CrazyCrazy wrote:Glad David Bowie won! Maybe I'm biased but he just deserved that, I mean 21 Pilots? No thanks.
I agree. True his death did help Blackstar reach a wider audience, but it was also his best album since 1977 so I think that also helped matters too.

21 Pilots are a prime example of why rock music is dead in the mainstream today.

Glad Bey won too
NothingFails
Legend

Postby leomedar » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:38 am

Don't be too harsh on 21 Pilots! I prefer David too, and was even surprise Pilots were putting such a fight, but they are not that bad!

Some awards facts:
- Rihanna has lost 4/9 of her nominations. Last year, Taylor Swift was the artist with the biggest amount of noms but ended up empty handed.
- Beyoncé has won 2 awards from Lemonade... and that's all for her high profile album. The next 3 noms in which Beyoncé has chances are thanks to Coldplay.
- R&B Song was a real shock. Alicia Keys was against big #1s Work (Rihanna&Drake) and One Dance (Drake), and also facing up Beyoncé. The underdog took the crown.
- Twenty One Pilots have lost 5/7 of their noms. In their case, having 3 songs nominated for Alt-Rock Song probably affected the result. If I had added votes received for Stressed Out, Ride and Heathens there, they would have won.

Later today, two new genres.
leomedar
Superstar

Postby sonia85 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:53 am

CrazyCrazy wrote:Glad David Bowie won! Maybe I'm biased but he just deserved that, I mean 21 Pilots? No thanks.
+

I voted for David and I am realy happy that he won! 8-)
sonia85
Manager

Postby NothingFails » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:03 pm

leomedar wrote:Don't be too harsh on 21 Pilots! I prefer David too, and was even surprise Pilots were putting such a fight, but they are not that bad!
I kinda like Heathens but it does annoy me that with everything great going on in rock/alternative, this late 90's wannabe (they kinda remind me of Linkin Park without the actual talent or ability to rock) is the only one who has any serious mainstream popularity at the time, especially when they barely register as rock/alternative, more of a bad autotune pop band who raps. It's just another sign of why rock music is in the commercial toilet in the present even though there's so much good coming out.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby Phoenixx » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:34 pm

leomedar wrote:Don't be too harsh on 21 Pilots! I prefer David too, and was even surprise Pilots were putting such a fight, but they are not that bad!
So easily the 2nd best Band in 2016 and one of my favourite of all time
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby leomedar » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:51 am

Moving on with Episode 2 of this year's awards, please welcome 8 times nominee... Britney Spears!

And to present awards for Dance-Electronic genre, please welcome... David Guetta!

This year Best Dance-Electronic Artist nominees are:
Alan Walker
Calvin Harris
Chainsmokers
Clean Bandit
St Lucia

And the winner is:

CHAINSMOKER

The pair kept on releasing hot songs until they finally reached the top with Closer. It was not an easy match here anyway, so they should focus on releasing beter songs in the future if they wanto to repeat this.

For our next award, Best Dance-Electronic Song the nominees are:
Faded - Alan Walker
This Is What You Came For - Calvin Harris feat. Rihanna
Don't Let Me Down - Chainsmokers feat. Daya
Closer - Chainsmokers feat. Halsey
Let Me Love You - DJ Snake feat. Justin Bieber

And the surprising winner is:

CALVIN HARRIS FEAT. RIHANNA - THIS IS WHAT YOU CAME FOR

Calvin decided he and only he was going on stage to take the award, and pointed Rihanna her way. Riri finally broke her losing streak so she doesn't really care and is already partying with Katy Perry.

Finally, nominees for Best Dance-Electronic Album are:
Collage EP - Chainsmokers
Encore - DJ Snake
Layers - Kungs
All My Friends EP - Snakehips
Matter - St Lucia

And the winner is:

ST LUCIA - MATTER

Unfortunately, St Lucia couldn't be here tonight, but they have sent a thank you photo from some rooftop. They want to say Thank You all and they really hope you'll listen to their awarded album in the near future.

Thank you David Guetta! See you some other year, maybe as a nominee. And as David leaves the stage, please welcome our next presenter, the beautiful Kylie Minogue

She will present Non-English categories on a table, so let's start with Best Non-English Artist nominees:

Alvaro Soler
Enrique Iglesias
Francesca Michielin
Luka Nizetic
Shakira

And the winner is...

SHAKIRA

Although she is only releasing songs here and there, Shakira manages to score a nom and that was enough for her to comfortably win this award. Competition was far behind in this category! She doesn't know that, but she is happy for winning and that's enough for her. She actually thanks fellow nominees.

Moving on to Best Non-English Song, the nominees are:
Sofia - Alvaro Soler
Duele El Corazón - Enrique Iglesias feat. Wisin
Nessun Grado Di Separazione - Francesca Michielin
Vente Pa' Ca - Ricky Martin feat. Maluma
Chantaje - Shakira feat. Maluma

And the winner is...

SHAKIRA FEAT. MALUMA- CHANTAJE

Shakira is backstage, still celebrating her previous award so you can imagine how happy she is now that she has won 2 awards... hey you too, get a room!!!!

Let's move on as this needs to stay under UKMIX rules, you can picture the scene Shakira and Piqué are representing now... this year's Best Non-English Album nominees are:

Eterno Agosto - Alvaro Soler
Encore un soir - Celine Dion
di20are - Francesca Michielin
Simili - Laura Pausini
Mama Africa - Yemi Alade

And the winner is...

CELINE DION - ENCORE UN SOIR

I happily announce Celine taking this award. She is a beautiful person and deserve some love from UKMIX.

And with a standing ovation we say goodbye to Kylie and Celine and I close this second episode of this year's awards.
See you tomorrow!
leomedar
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:17 am

Ah, a mixed bag this time. I'm not a fan of the Chainsmokers, and I've not heard the St. Lucia album, but, with that band title, I really ought to check it out. :lol:

Woohoo for Céline! 8-)
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:15 am

I really should hate Chainsmokers but they put out killer singles, and I have to give them major respect for how they could've been "that #Selfie band" and yet reinvented themselves into a hit factory.

St. Lucia's album is really good and well deserved
NothingFails
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:44 am

NothingFails wrote:I really should hate Chainsmokers but they put out killer singles, and I have to give them major respect for how they could've been "that #Selfie band" and yet reinvented themselves into a hit factory.
Oh my, I forgot they were behind "#SELFIE". Who would have thought they would have blown up after that song?
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby leomedar » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:04 am

JSparksFan wrote:
NothingFails wrote:I really should hate Chainsmokers but they put out killer singles, and I have to give them major respect for how they could've been "that #Selfie band" and yet reinvented themselves into a hit factory.
Oh my, I forgot they were behind "#SELFIE". Who would have thought they would have blown up after that song?
I agree! After #S they managed to change my mind about them, but still feel it is all an illusion and that's why I want to see what they come up with next.
leomedar
Superstar

Postby leomedar » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:10 am

Award facts:
- Shakira and Celine are the first winners in the Non-English categories, as this is a new genre added this year. As not many non-englsh songs enter UKMIX charts it is not certain this genre can come back every year.
- Dance-Electronic is also a new genre. It was included in Pop last year. Previewing tonight's episode, this genre is the only one this year in which each award goes to a different artist!
leomedar
Superstar

Postby Phoenixx » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:25 pm

Even if I voted ofr Alan Walker as best D/E Artist I'm VERY happy to see The Chainsmokers win 8-)

Same for Song: Voted for Closer while TIWYCF won, what's also good :)

My fav Album was Callage EP, poor Chainsmokers :cry:

Non English was Enrique who didn't win :roll:

Non English Song won Chantaje, no wonder with 100 Billion spanish music freaks out there :roll: :roll: :roll:

Also Alvaro didn't win my fav. Album...
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby trebor » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:53 am

I'm a total flop. Scored 0
(Boring Non-English winners. Too predictable choices [OK. Album was hard; so kudos and more power to Céline!])
trebor
Legend

Postby leomedar » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:33 am

Welcome to Episode III of this year's UKMIXParade Choice Awards! Please welcome... Ariana Grande!

To present awards for Country genre, and promoting their upcoming tour, please welcome... Tim McGraw & Faith Hill!

This year Best Country Artist nominees are:
Carrie Underwood
Cole Swindell
Hillary Scott And The Scott Family
Jason Aldean
Randy Rogers Band

And the winner is:

CARRIE UNDERWOOD

Carrie easily took home this award. I was not expecting something different, but not this easily! And this was achieved by her weakest effort so far imo.

For our next award, Best Country Song the nominees are:
Dreaming In The Day - Aubrie Sellers
Church Bells - Carrie Underwood
You Should Be Here - Cole Swindell
Thy Will - Hillary Scott And The Scott Family
Everything It Takes - Loretta Lynn feat. Elvis Costello

And the surprising winner is:

CARRIE UNDERWOOD - CHURCH BELLS

I considered Beyoncé - Daddy Lesson as R&B... what would have happened if that was nominated here? Carrie doesn't care, she is enjoying this double award!

Finally, nominees for Best Country Album are:
Storyteller - Carrie Underwood
Love Remains - Hillary Scott And The Scott Family
They Don't Know - Jason Aldean
Full Circle - Loretta Lynn
Nothing Shines Like Neon - Randy Rogers Band

And the winner is:

CARRIE UNDERWOOD - STORYTELLER

Carie fastly changes her outfit and becomes SUPER-Carrie, and grabs her last award on stage. She becomes the second artist this year to win all three awards in the same genre, alongside David Bowie.

Thank you TimFaith! Now please welcome our next presenter. After seeing Mariah entering the stage in a throne, she demanded to have a bigger and brighter throne for herself! Please welcome Madonna

After a 5 minutes speech against Donald Trump, she starts presenting Pop categories. This year's Best Pop Artist nominees are:

Adele
Ariana Grande
Britney Spears
Coldplay
Sia

And the winner is...

ADELE

She did it again! Adele repeat tis award as last year!

Moving on to Best Pop Song, the nominees are:
Hello - Adele
Into You - Ariana Grande
Make Me - Britney Spears feat. G-Eazy
Hymn For The Weekend - Coldplay feat. Beyoncé
Can't Stop The Feeling - Justin Timberlake

And the winner is...

ARIANA GRANE - INTO YOU

Ariana won the tightest race this year. At one point, all 5 nominees were tied! Interesting thing is that this year's Song of the Year nominees are exactly the sae 5 songs... will Ariana grab one of the most desired awards this year? You'll have to wait until saturday!

Finally. this year's Best Pop Album nominees are:

25 - Adele
Dangerous Woman - Ariana Grande
Glory - Britney Spears
A Head Full Of Dreams - Coldplay
This Is Acting - Sia

And the winner is...

ADELE - 25

Adele is celebrating giving a special a capella concert backstage! 25 was a very good follow up to the massive 21. Album of The Year nominees are these exact 5 albums... will Adele get that one?

So long, farewell Madonna!
See you tomorrow UKMIX!
leomedar
Superstar

Postby Phoenixx » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:38 am

Great to see that five of my six votes winned. Hello deserved the win more than Into You because it was ways more successful. But that's our choice (by the way, I also love Into You) ;)
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby Colbie » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:30 am

Yeass at Celine, Carrie Underwood and Adele!
Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time
Colbie
Superstar

Postby leomedar » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:30 am

We've reached Day 4, and so this means we have finished the genres awards. Today we'll see two interesting awards, but before that please enjoy Twenty One Pilots!

Please welcome our next presenter, re-current artist... Cher!

Nominees for Best Re-Current Hit are
Paper Made Man - Amy Studt
99 Luftballons - Nena
Purple Rain - Prince
Jackie - Scott Walker
Track Three - Scott Walker

And the winner is:

PRINCE - PURPLE RAIN

All songs received at least one vote, but none of them got as many votes as Prince. Consider this as a deserved farewell to such an iconic artist.

For our next award, Best Song Made for a Movie the nominees are:
Can't Stop The Feeling - Justin Timberlake
Just Like Fire - Pink
Sledgehammer - Rihanna
Heathens - Twenty One Pilots
Meteorite - Years And Years

And the winner is:

JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE - CAN'T STOP THE FEELING

The Oscar-nominee song is also our #1 in the Year-End UKMIXParade chart. The song is catchy.

See you tomorrow with next set of awards! Thanks Cher for everything.
leomedar
Superstar

Postby Phoenixx » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:37 am

99 Luftballons didn't win :(

Heathens, also didn't win :cry:
But I'm happy for Justin, winning this Award! 8-)
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby Phoenixx » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:39 am

Thanks for investing your work and time into that countdown. But I guess you forgot to show us the Collaboration of the year right? :o :D
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:53 am

Carrie had some laughable contenders for her awards. Happy to see her take home all three. I agree that Storyteller is her weakest album to date, but, paradoxically, "Church Bells" is one of her career-best songs. For me, it was a solid era, thanks to that one and "Chaser".

I would've liked to have seen Adele sweep the pop categories, but "Into You" isn't a bad winner.

"Purple Rain" was the clear victor for me. JT winning the song-made-for-movie category was expected, but Years & Years were my pick.

Loving the write-ups for these presentations, by the way! :lol:
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Erotica » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:52 am

Ariana and Adele are the ones I like the least :lol:
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby leomedar » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:17 am

Phoenixx wrote:Thanks for investing your work and time into that countdown. But I guess you forgot to show us the Collaboration of the year right? :o :D
those are going to be presented today! Collab and Best New Artist
Tomorrow Male/Female/Group Artist
and saturday i'll finish with the three big ones
leomedar
Superstar

Return to Mad About Music