Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, tdc2000

Were you happy with the winners?

Yes.
29%
No.
71%

Total votes : 38

Postby DnBLover » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:22 pm

NothingFails wrote:I agree with Anthony Fantano on a lot of the points.
Fantano is spot on mostly. It really seems no one played any albums this year. Who the hell composes the Grammys committee?
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby Hugo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:04 pm

Remember when Beyoncé's self-titled lost to that last Pharrell album in that irrelevant category? Her peers voted that, the album of the year lost twice to albums that no one cared then and no one cares now.

A losing face brings more attention, it was her loss and not the others' wins. Thankfully, she uses that disdain to push herself forward, never looking back, never resting on her laurels.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby NothingFails » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:13 pm

abi wrote:
Goldmoney wrote:Bruno deserved the recognition he received, but I don’t think he should have sweeped. AOTY and the R&B categories would have been enough.
I actually agree. I was surprised the most at ROTY to be honest knowing that "24K Magic" (the song) was not THAT huge of a song.
24K Magic may not have been "Uptown Funk", but let's not kid ourselves. This is hardly like when Robert Plant and Alison Krauss won ROTY with a song that didn't even chart. 24k Magic spent like five months in the US top 10, it was definitely not some underdog by any stretch.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby MusicLover88 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:44 pm

frrr honey, plz get off your high horse, it's honestly obnoxious.
Unlike other things that wither, she preserves. She’s a constant in a world of relentless flux. She’s a beacon of immortality. Bitch, she’s Madonna.
MusicLover88
Superstar

Postby frrr » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:08 pm

MusicLover88 wrote:frrr honey, plz get off your high horse, it's honestly obnoxious.
First, I'm not your lover...so go "honey" someone else. Second, I'm not here saying that I'm better than X or Y or that I'm right all the time. I'm just happy for Mars sweeping the Grammys.
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
frrr
Superstar

Return to General Music Discussion