Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, tdc2000

Were you happy with the winners?

Yes.
29%
No.
71%

Total votes : 38

Postby spiritboy » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:58 pm

Madonna will drop her new single and hit #1 on iTunes after opening the Grammy's with a surprise performance. 8-)
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby flopho » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:02 pm

spiritboy wrote:Madonna will drop
again?
¡Eh, mamá!
Me quiero matar
El mundo se va a la mierda
Y no he hecho nada
flopho
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:03 pm

flopho wrote:
spiritboy wrote:Madonna will drop
again?
:lol: :lol:
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby DnBLover » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:05 pm

Loveguru wrote:There is no way AOTY is going to pop again... it's too much
They are needing a black artist win.
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:16 pm

DnBLover wrote:
Loveguru wrote:There is no way AOTY is going to pop again... it's too much
They are needing a black artist win.
Maybe Shardinay can finally drop her album 8-)
NothingFails
Legend

Postby Hugo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:44 pm

When asked about his brushes with racism, Drake talked about the recent Grammy awards (which he did not attend). “Even though ‘Hotline Bling’ is not a rap song... the only category they can manage to fit me in is a rap category,” he said. “Maybe because I’ve rapped in the past or because I’m black, I can’t figure out why... I won two awards last night—but I don’t even want them, because it just feels weird for some reason.”

pitchfork
"King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby BruceKicksAss84 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:57 pm

Beck, St. Vincent, Arcade Fire, Vampire Weekend, Lorde, The xx.

All major contenders for alternative/rock categories.

Lana Del Rey's new album will probably be labeled as 'pop'.

Sky Ferreira's Masochism is rumored to be released this year. I hope she gets some recognition even if she's too indie. Night Time, My Time was a great pop record.

I wonder if Abel will submit Starboy into Urban or Pop.
BruceKicksAss84
Manager

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:00 pm

Hugo wrote:
When asked about his brushes with racism, Drake talked about the recent Grammy awards (which he did not attend). “Even though ‘Hotline Bling’ is not a rap song... the only category they can manage to fit me in is a rap category,” he said. “Maybe because I’ve rapped in the past or because I’m black, I can’t figure out why... I won two awards last night—but I don’t even want them, because it just feels weird for some reason.”

pitchfork
Interesting, what used to be the major award in music industry which many artists desired is now slowly turning into an Award that many don't even care or want to win these days. Grammys are not really that important and many are finally realizing of that including the artists themselves.

Many other fandoms stopped giving importance to Grammys long time ago because they already knew the deal, now Beyonce fans seem to be finally opening their eyes regarding these awards, they're not a big deal, massive legends like Queen never even won.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby biscuits » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:02 pm

Most people know the Grammys are a joke. They're just stan tokens these days, the stans probably care more about winning than the artists.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Hugo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:20 pm

Hugo wrote:
SmartIsNewSexy wrote:I predict Ed sheeran will win big :wink:
Oh definitely, he has the right kind of ghostly skin tone :lol: And he's british and makes bland music, plus and plus.
This is really going to happen, right? Yikes :lol: :lol:
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby abi » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:12 am

Hugo wrote:

pitchfork
Drake listen. Your label is the one who decides which song to submit and where to submit, not the GRAMMYs committee.
abi
Legend

Postby Loveguru » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:32 am

abi wrote:
Hugo wrote:

pitchfork
Drake listen. Your label is the one who decides which song to submit and where to submit, not the GRAMMYs committee.
The grammy can still edit your submissions though?
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby GetBack » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:15 am

Wasn't Drake the one drinking from a Grammy award some years ago when he won Best Rap Album? :roll: :roll: Let's face it, he became more of a guilty pleasure kind of artist with his antics, the likes of Kendrick and Chance the Rapper are the "serious" ones perceived by the critics. Drake's obvious advantage and edge is that he is really huge mainstream-wise and is the most relevant rapper right now in terms of branding.

This year is looking like a tight race between Ed Sheeran and Bruno Mars, and if Kendrick releases an album, he will most likely be the perennial runner-up and the urban fans will again see it as another so-called "robbed" moment and shade thrown at black artists and call the awards show irrelevant (despite the fact that they are the ones who keep anticipating the announcements of submissions and final nominees every year).
GetBack
Legend

Postby Shayonce » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:47 am

6month left. are there any big acts left?
at this point, it's all about ed vs bruno in pop and general.
and drake will get lots in rap field.
Shayonce
Manager

Postby NoAngel » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:04 am

Shayonce wrote:6month left. are there any big acts left?
Nelly Furtado 8-)
B. get off my pole!
NoAngel
Superstar

Postby Hugo » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:19 pm

Kendrick, Lorde, Lana, Snake
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby GetBack » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:38 am

I think the big Three will be between Ed (Song), Bruno (Record) and Kendrick (Album).

I think Kendrick will finally get it, the album is indeed a masterpiece, plus factor in the U2 feature and the meltdowns from the urban community (Kanye, Drake, etc). :lol: :lol:
GetBack
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:16 pm

It's Official: The Grammys Will Return to NYC in 2018

The awards will return to the Big Apple for the first time since 2003, with the main event scheduled to take place at Madison Square Garden on Jan. 28, 2018.
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... 8-official
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:25 pm

James Corden Returning to Host 2018 Grammy Awards

James Corden will return as the host of the 2018 Grammys, CBS announced at its upfront presentation in New York on Wednesday, Billboard has confirmed.
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... ds-hosting
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby BruceKicksAss84 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:24 am

Some predictions based on what we've seen so far:

Album of the Year:

Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.
Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
The Weeknd - Starboy
Ed Sheeran - Divide
DARK HORSE (A Tribe Called Quest, Arcade Fire, Lorde, Chris Stapelton...)

Record of the Year:

Kendrick Lamar - Humble
Bruno Mars - 24K Magic or That's What I Like
Migos ft. Lil Uzi Vert -Bad and Boujee
Coldplay - Something Just Like This
Ed Sheeran - Shape of You

Maybe: Lana Del Rey - Love (?)

Song of the Year:

Harry Styles - Sign of the Times
Lorde - Green Light

Maybe: The Weeknd ft. Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming (?)

Best Pop Vocal

24K Magic (If submitted to Pop Vocal)
Joanne
Witness
Divide
Melodrama

Best Pop Solo Performance

Lady Gaga - Million Reasons
Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
Lorde - Green Light

Best Alternative Album

The xx - I See You
Arcade Fire - Everything Now
Tall Ships - Impressions
Vampire Weekend - TBA
St. Vincent - TBA

Best Rap Album

Drake - More Life
Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.
Logic - Everybody
Migos - Culture
J. Cole - 4 Your Eyez Only

Maybe: Big Sean - I Decided (?)

Hopefully Versace on the Floor is submitted to Best R&B Song / Best R&B Performance where it belongs. Also maybe 24K Magic for Best R&B Album (since it's been sitting at #1 on the R&B Albums chart for the whole year now).
BruceKicksAss84
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:26 pm

THE GRAMMYS ALTER A FEW RULES
The Recording Academy has established new amendments to the Grammy Awards including a transition to online voting, the addition of songwriters to the Album of the Year category and a new layer of nominations review in categories such as rap. On top of that, a 31-minute tuba solo can now be classified as an album.

In addition, they’re announcing nominations earlier than usual, giving Ken Ehrlich an extra week or so to get the show booked.

For the first time, voting members will cast their Grammy votes online, which the Academy says will provide greater flexibility for touring artists, eliminate the possibility of invalid ballots and protect further against fraudulent voting.

Songwriters have been added to the Album of the Year category, which will now honor all music creators (songwriters, producers, engineers, mixers, mastering engineers, featured artists) credited with at least 33% percent or more playing time on the winning album.

Nominations Review Committees will be created for the Rap, Contemporary Instrumental and New Age fields. The nominations review process was established in 1989 as an additional round of checks and balances to eliminate the potential for a popularity bias that puts emerging artists, independent music, and late-year releases at a disadvantage.

Two changes are made in the Visual Media field. The film version of a track may be entered in the Best Song Written For Visual Media category even if a different version of the track is submitted in other categories. In the Best Compilation Soundtrack For Visual Media category, albums for a documentary or biopic must contain at least 51% newly recorded music.

An album, previously defined as having a minimum playing time of 15 minutes with at least five distinct tracks, is expanded to also include any work with a playing time of 30 minutes with no minimum track requirement. The definition expansion allows for greater inclusion of music creators who produce longer pieces, particularly in classical, dance and jazz.

"As an Academy, it's imperative that we continue to meet the needs of music creators everywhere, and this year's transition to online voting is an enormous step forward in the evolution of our voting process," said Bill Freimuth, Senior Vice President of Awards for the Recording Academy. "We work diligently to ensure we’re keeping up with our ever-changing industry and team up with music people year round, across all genres and disciplines, to make sure we are doing everything we can to support the creative community."

The Academy also laid out the calendar for the 60th annual Grammy Awards, which will be held 1/28 at Madison Square Garden. The online entry period closes 8/24, the first-round ballot period is 10/16–29 with nominations announced 11/28 and final-round ballot period running 12/7–21. Media companies must register by 8/16 to submit recordings.
http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=307002
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Controlfreak » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:22 am

Controlfreak
Manager

Postby croatiaxtina » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:13 pm

Hopefully song of the year noms will be:
- Green Light - LORDE
- Million Reasons - Lady Gaga
- Love On The Brain - Rihanna
- HUMBLE. - Kendrick Lamar
- Sign Of The Times - Harry Styles or Shape Of You - Ed Sheeran (most likely Ed :roll: )

Hopefully Gaga and Riri can get it
croatiaxtina
Legend

Postby Hugo » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:12 pm

I want Snake to win AOTY just for the kiii

Kendrick doesn't need no pitty award from them.

Eligibility period ends September 30, 2017.
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Colbie » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:16 pm

^ Reputation is not eligible, since it will be released after september
Colbie
Superstar

Return to General Music Discussion