Ho Ho Ho!Break out the champagne, candy canes, latkes, etc. It's the holiday season, and to revel in the merriment of the season, a holiday countdown is in order! I'm hoping there's enough Mixers who enjoy the sounds of the season as much as I do to have a joyous countdown in December!
I have cribbed the following rules from Affillate Eligibility:
* Yes, it says seasonal songs, not Christmas, which means I will accept songs that address any holiday between now and the end of January. I'm primarily thinking Christmas, Chanukah, and New Year's, but if you have a burning desire to submit songs for an alternate holiday (I see you, Kwanzaa celebrators!), you can submit those as well.
* Instrumental submissions are allowed.
* In a countdown like this, there are going to be multiple versions of the same song submitted. I would prefer to do the countdown assigning points to different version, but that is going to depend on the submissions. Depending on the submissions, it may be necessary to combine versions and credit the different artists that contributed to the final total. SO all that said, please specify artists when you submit your nominations.
* Post 10 Tracks to add to the Noms list. You may vote again every 6 Hours
. I will probably let this go for a week or longer, but will provide a stopping point if necessary.
* * FORMAT: SONG TITLE - ARTIST
* If you are ready to submit, you can go ahead and do so before the nomination period is over. You can revise your list at any time, but I will accept changes to your submission no later than 1AM Mountain time on November 29. (I believe that's 8AM UK time)
* PM me a list of
50 POINTS (top)
01 POINTS (bottom)
* You must submit a minimum of 10 songs. (But I hope you can come up with 50.
* As with the nominations, please specify the artist when you submit your list.
Anyhow, I will post my first set of nominations in the forthcoming post.Happy holidays <3