K-POP Music

Moderators: biscuits, tdc2000

Postby t_dot » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:52 pm

Hoping this is better than RR, also looks like they've found their aesthetic and sticking to it.

You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.
t_dot
Superstar

Postby jpguy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:07 pm

I hope so too cause Russian Roulette was just average
::: Shinin', shinin', just like a DIAMOND, blindin' blindin' :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:19 am

jpguy wrote:I hope so too cause Russian Roulette was just average
I though tthat RR was one of the best K-Pop songs of 2016, and certainly better than the crap other girl groups - who shall not be named - released. I just hope this upcoming comeback is going to big for Red Velvet. They are popular, but they are still very far behind Twice, Gfriend and even AOA.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Superstar

Postby joiPrince_JO » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:49 pm

So.... the Wonder Girls are officially disbanding after one last single.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Superstar

Postby Ruthymon » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:55 pm

joiPrince_JO wrote:So.... the Wonder Girls are officially disbanding after one last single.
:cry:

Their farewell video
Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby abi » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:45 pm

What the heck???? :o :o :o :o

I've never been really a big fan of their music, but I really have some respect for them as one of the K-Pop acts who were able to make K-Pop big internationally. And also for not afraid to be different from the other girl groups with their last two albums. "Why So Lonely" is such a jam!

I really do think I entered the K-Pop world waaay too late. :lol: Once I finally got into K-Pop, BIGBANG is on hiatus, 2NE1 broke up, 4Minute broke up, Wonder Girls broke up. How awesome. :lol:
abi
Legend

Postby jpguy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:00 pm

So sad over this. I wasn't a big fan of them either but seeing all the kpop pioneers break apart and disband is sad. We only have GG left right (for girl groups)??? from the veterans that made Kpop the phenomenon it is today . . .
their latest track was a risk taking moment for sure.
I loved "Like This" so much back in the day
jpguy
Legend

Postby Ruthymon » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:19 am

jpguy wrote:So sad over this. I wasn't a big fan of them either but seeing all the kpop pioneers break apart and disband is sad. We only have GG left right (for girl groups)???
Yes, and add Super Junior to the mix - if these two disband, it will be completely over
Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby joiPrince_JO » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:35 am

Ruthymon wrote:
jpguy wrote:So sad over this. I wasn't a big fan of them either but seeing all the kpop pioneers break apart and disband is sad. We only have GG left right (for girl groups)???
Yes, and add Super Junior to the mix - if these two disband, it will be completely over
And TVXQ. I mean the group changed dramatically after the lawsuit, but they are still highly successful, particularly in Japan.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Superstar

Postby jpguy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:10 am

I think we still have Shinee as well... girl groups we only have GG (fx was an add-on of SM that never really took off as a phenomenon and they debuted years later).. as for Boy Bands obviously TVXQ! , Shinee & SuJu. (Since Big Bang will be without TOP for next 2 years).

BoA (another kpop act even more veteran than these acts ) is said to have a comeback this year, KISS MY LIPS wasn't my cup of tea :/
jpguy
Legend

Postby abi » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:16 am

The thing with BIGBANG is basically all of them have 1 year of age difference. So T.O.P will be enlisting this year, GD x Taeyang in 2018, Daesung in 2019, and Seungri in 2020. So basically, they'll be back together again in 2022. :o :lol:
abi
Legend

Postby jpguy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:18 am

I can't believe it :( ... Big bangs members are all equally amazing and their personalities are so great ! That's why they're so big in Japan. Anyways let's hope GG does comeback this 2017!
BTW, I opened this thread like almost 9 years ago! wow. . . :o
jpguy
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:19 am

Shinee has been around for a while but, as much as like some of their songs, they're nowhere near the status of Girls' Generation or TVXQ. They've had real longevity and success, but they never had a huge hit song or record-breaking album sales.

And GG is confirmed to have a comeback this year! Their contracts expire in August, so it will be before that. Just in time so they can have a concert too.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Superstar

Postby jpguy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:54 am

When I read the word "contract expiration " I immediately have bad feelings :(

Shinee are pretty popular in Japan but not on a Massive level like that of GG or tvxq indeed. Their signature song is Lucifer which I think is one of Kpop's moat influential tracks - it's just that they kinda peaked way too fast, they're still getting #1 albums so I think that's still an accolade 10 years into their careers. I think SM never really promoted them a lot (specially during the last 5 years)
jpguy
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:08 am

jpguy wrote:When I read the word "contract expiration " I immediately have bad feelings :(
SM is not going to easily let go of their arguably biggest and most successful band ever. But I do think there are going to be long contract negotations.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Superstar

Postby crazycool » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:13 am

Ruthymon wrote:
I just shudder at the thought of Suju disbanding - I couldn't handle it :( :( :(

I'm really going to miss Wonder Girls. I think part of their charm for me was that they were just lovely girls. They could take on any concept and each member had different qualities and talents that made the whole group unique.

I will never forget when the Wonder World album came out - the hype was unreal and "Be My Baby" still remains my favourite song from them. Their run from 2011 - 2012 was my favourite and they just solidified their legacy further with the "Reboot" album.
crazycool
Legend

Postby abi » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:23 pm

GD was partying with Bella Hadid last night in Paris. Get them connections, boi!

Anyway, I'm so excited for Zion.T.'s new album. Finally, he released an actual album instead of a bunch of singles.
abi
Legend

Postby jpguy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:52 pm

I'm planning to make an event guys... UKMIX'S TOP FAVOURITE KPOP TRACKS.
Would you guys be in? :)
I thought of 100 but I don't know if we have that many users voting for that many songs so maybe 50 tracks?? Or is 100 OK?
jpguy
Legend

Postby crazycool » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:13 pm

jpguy wrote:I'm planning to make an event guys... UKMIX'S TOP FAVOURITE KPOP TRACKS.
I thought of 100 but I don't know if we have that many users voting for that many songs so maybe 50 tracks?? Or is 100 OK?
That would amazing ! Thanks jpguy. 100 would be OK !

I remember hosting an end of year K-Pop awards a few years ago :lol: such hard work which I could never commit to again! But I'd definitely vote for a favourite K-Pop tracks event!!
crazycool
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:14 pm

jpguy wrote:I'm planning to make an event guys... UKMIX'S TOP FAVOURITE KPOP TRACKS.
I think that's a great idea!! But I'd go with 50. I'm not sure I could come up with 100 songs (from different artists).
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Superstar

Postby abi » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:44 am

So I just made a comment regarding CL which was posted on Instagram at YG Confessions. Basically I wrote this:

Don't get me wrong, I love CL to death but she needs to work on her rapping skill tbh especially if they wanted to market her as a Hip-Hop act in the US. I was disappointed by her verse/lyrics in "$1,000,000", she basically recycles her lyrics about the baddest female and her flow are weak af.
And the fans weren't having it. They went off. There are over +120 responds. :lol: Some my favorites are:

Oh my god what with these people!!! If u got problem with CL then why the **** u want to check the shit. If u got one then Just **** ignore anything related to her & no need to give so called 1cent opnion. Gtfo
Are you sure? Her raps are perfect. She can rap an English verse together with Korean lines and to tell you that's difficult. US considered CL as the next Nicki Minaj along side with Iggy Azalea
I was thinking you're realy YG Stand before, but in the fact, you're not.... how come YG Stand doesn't have sense about raps?? Before you tell CL to inprove her raps, find yourself... seems like you're another agency stands imo..
Are you kidding me? Her verses were the best, they blew me away
Do you even know raps?? Even she do better than BEWHY and OKASIAN in Baekman won part, you say what? Do you have some ear problem?
This confessor seems salty as ****! Like what? She killed it with that verse! That's all I'm going to say! I'm not even going to argue! she slayed everyone with that verse let's be clear!
stupid confessor
Peasants think they know everything.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm sorry I just can't when the fans are blinded by their faves thinking everything they do is a 'slay'.
abi
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:17 pm

YG/2ne1 stans are notorious for being absolutely obnoxious and disgusting so...

Anyway, AOA's Excuse Me has grown on me a lot!
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Superstar

Postby abi » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:19 am

Epik High's Tablo is invited to the GRAMMYs! :o
abi
Legend

Postby abi » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:47 am

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/01/ ... al-reasons

BP RaNia's choreographer says Alex is staying out of the BP RaNia choreography due to her own personal reasons

"No matter who looks at it, don't you think the label would want Alex to be in the full choreography as well? It's pushing it to say the label pulled Alex out of the choreography~ Things that people can't generally understand is probably not understandable or pardonable to the label, as well. Probably, it's because of her personal issues, and there are issues that come from those such as problems with the stage flow, and more. If the fans try to too deeply participate in everything, the artists that make RaNia get exhausted. We can't fit everything to every fans' tastes, so I believe it's the best to watch her improve and support her. I hope RaNia does well."

"She's not in the choreography due to her own personal issues, and the label wants her to be in the full choreography as well. Also, it's timely unreasonable and impossible for all six members to relearn choreography to fit Alex, who learned choreography later, for broadcast. However, we can't always fit the fans' requests 100%. We will gratefully accept your personal opinions on the general concept and mood of the song. We ask for your continued interest, and I hope you understand that RaNia and many others are working for RaNia."
Lmao I don't buy this. Alex was seen dancing to the whole choreography in the freaking corner of the stage in this fancam. They obviously use her only to gain media attention smh.
abi
Legend

Postby Ruthymon » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:34 am

^ I think they're using Alex as a "token rapper" :x :x :x
Ruthymon
Superstar

Return to Mad About Music