K-POP Music

Moderators: biscuits, tdc2000

Postby joiPrince_JO » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:12 am

Honestly I can't believe what they did to Rania :evil: They actually used to be good. "Style", "Just Go" and "Pop Pop Pop" were certified bops! Who came up with the idea to add an American hooker to the band? Absolutely disgusting. I'm done with them.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby abi » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:39 pm

It really amazes me that many K-Pop stars are actually very humble & down to earth in real life, maybe because they been through a lot in the industry and even when they already become popular idols, I read that they don't really make that much income. Like, you really need to reach other area other than music if you really want to make $$$.

A few weeks ago, I remember seeing some pictures of iKON's B.I. helping in his uncle's restaurant as a cashier or waiter or something and recently it's IOI's Choi Yoojung working part time at her uncle's restaurant and some Topp Dogg member (have heard the name of the group several times, don't know their songs at all) is actually working at a coffee shop! :o

Also BEAST's Doojoon said in some variety show that he won't let his kids to become idols. K-Pop life must be real tough. :o :cry:
abi
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:10 pm

abi wrote:It really amazes me that many K-Pop stars are actually very humble & down to earth in real life, maybe because they been through a lot in the industry and even when they already become popular idols, I read that they don't really make that much income. Like, you really need to reach other area other than music if you really want to make $$$.

A few weeks ago, I remember seeing some pictures of iKON's B.I. helping in his uncle's restaurant as a cashier or waiter or something and recently it's IOI's Choi Yoojung working part time at her uncle's restaurant and some Topp Dogg member (have heard the name of the group several times, don't know their songs at all) is actually working at a coffee shop! :o

Also BEAST's Doojoon said in some variety show that he won't let his kids to become idols. K-Pop life must be real tough. :o :cry:
Most music artists, Asian or not, make next to nothing off of music alone. Touring and endorsements is where the $$$ is. But SM is the only Korean company where individual members actually get to keep all their earnings from individual activities, the other artists have to share it with their fellow members.

It takes idols years to actually earn money. I think it was last year when AOA revealed that they hadn't actually earned anything yet. They get clothes, housing, etc. but they don't get paid until they have paid back everything their company invested into their debut - and that can take years.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby pollei » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:16 am

Well, unless you're in the level of let's say Big Bang, Girls' Generation, TVXQ, Wonder Girls or other groups who've reached significant success and has a significantly large fanbase, I think being a K-pop idol isn't really just glitz and glamour. You sacrifice your entire youth just to train in hopes of debuting. And when you debut, it's going to be much harder because you need to maintain your image and satisfy your fans.

I really understand when those senior K-pop groups look "done" with the idol life because just by looking at them, I really felt tired by their schedules and all their complaints. I know I haven't met them and the chance of being friends with them is slim af (but I'm not ruling it out!!), I admire them for their hardwork and I try to emulate what they do in order for me to be successful too.

TL;DR PLEASE SUPPORT ROOKIE!!!!
pollei
Legend

Postby jpguy » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:21 am

I agree with Pollei. they're really hard working individuals which I also admire A LOT
::: Shinin', shinin', just like a DIAMOND, blindin' blindin' :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby Ruthymon » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:42 pm

Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby jpguy » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:57 pm

RED VELVET IS BACK!

jpguy
Legend

Postby abi » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:57 pm

soompi

Roughly 16 months have passed since Lydia Lee, a Korean high school student at the time, took the internet by storm in September 2015 with her rendition of Adele’s “Hello,” which reached 8 million views on YouTube in days. By the end of 2015, the video was at an astounding 19.6 million views.

She was then invited to sing on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, after which she officially began her music career in the United States, participating in Ellen DeGeneres’s Ellentube Cover Project as well as performing on various international stages.

She was then invited to sing on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, after which she officially began her music career in the United States, participating in Ellen DeGeneres’s Ellentube Cover Project as well as performing on various international stages.
abi
Legend

Postby jpguy » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:13 pm

Mmmm... I'm not sure of what to think of RV's effort - It's, so-so for me
jpguy
Legend

Postby abi » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:38 am

Zion.T's album is pretty solid I'm impressed! :o I made the thread in Urban/R&B if anyone cares.
abi
Legend

Postby Kpop » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:16 am

jpguy wrote:Mmmm... I'm not sure of what to think of RV's effort - It's, so-so for me
I like the video and the song is catchy
Kpop
Groupie

Postby joiPrince_JO » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:51 am

Kpop wrote:
jpguy wrote:Mmmm... I'm not sure of what to think of RV's effort - It's, so-so for me
I like the video and the song is catchy
Their pronunciation kills me, though. "Lookie Lookie"
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby abi » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:55 am

2017 Kids’ Choice Awards (KCA)

#KCA Favorite Global Music Star
5 Seconds of Summer
BIGBANG
Bruno Mars
Little Mix
Shakira
Zara Larsson

VOTE HERE! (if you want)

I think Little Mix are going to get it though, their fans are pretty cray online.
abi
Legend

Postby Kpop » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:22 pm

Just clicked on the link (though certainly, I'd no intention of voting for Little Mix); but got the message: "Voting is not available in your location".
Kpop
Groupie

Postby abi » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:19 pm

Kpop wrote:Just clicked on the link (though certainly, I'd no intention of voting for Little Mix); but got the message: "Voting is not available in your location".
Honestly, same here. :lol: I guess it's only available in the USA since the award is American-based. Oh well...
abi
Legend

Postby Ruthymon » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:19 pm

Well, I voted for BIGBANG, so they better win.
Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby Kpop » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:29 pm

What do you think of this explanation/theory of RV's Rookie video?
Kpop
Groupie

Postby jpguy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:58 pm

BTS'S ARMY is really killing with views for BLOOD SWEAT TEARS as I had monitored their views and they're having a streaming party and the video was averaging 400k per day but yesterday they had more than 620K - soo it does work - i thought it was bs when fandoms really helped video views - I can only imagine the comeback! I'm going to stream a lot hahahaha
jpguy
Legend

Postby abi » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:40 am

I honestly find it annoying that many of K-Pop stans are so obsessed with YouTube views. Like everytime I watch a K-Pop video, the top comment is always like

"Come on only 10 million views left till 50 millions. We can do it in less than 48 hours!!
Next target: 75 millions. Let's support our boys they really worked hard and they deserve it! *A certain fanbase name* FIGHTING!!!!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
abi
Legend

Postby jpguy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:44 am

Lol ... I guess it's for exposure worldwide since they don't really chart anywhere lol . . .
jpguy
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:15 am

Red Velvet's "Rookie" is actually amazing. I'm glad they've found their little niche. Hopefully it will be a big era for them!
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby jpguy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:06 pm

What "niche"?
jpguy
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:11 pm

jpguy wrote:What "niche"?
Crazy bubblegum realism - with the bonkers music to match.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby jpguy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:48 pm

That's like 75% of KPOP Girl Groups :lol: :lol: :lol:
jpguy
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:03 pm

jpguy wrote:That's like 75% of KPOP Girl Groups :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sure, but in Red Velvet's case it's actually good.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Return to Mad About Music