Legend

Postby Ruthymon » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:01 pm

LOONA's sub-unit ODD EYE CIRCLE: Kim Lip,JinSoul, Choerry

Mini album, "Mix & Match" is out
Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby crazycool » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:38 pm

^ Thank you LOONA :o :o :o

Absolutely adore this group. Whether their solo tracks or their Loona 1/3 unit or the Odd Eye Circle unit.

There are dozens of new girl groups every few months, but Loona is so unique and individual and I don't care if they haven't "officially" debuted, they're such an exciting group and they give us so much solid and unique material.
crazycool
Legend

Postby crazycool » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:39 pm

^ PS. Listening to the mini album now.
It feels so fresh and current
crazycool
Legend

Postby Ruthymon » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:22 am

Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby abi » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:15 am

For those who don't pay attention to the charts section, BTS' new album landed at #7 on Billboard 200.

BTS earns the first-ever top 10 for a K-pop act at No. 7.

South Korean boy band BTS makes a big splash in the top 10, as the seven-member group's new album, Love Yourself: Her, debuts at No. 7 with 31,000 units (18,000 in traditional album sales, just less than 4,000 in TEA and a little under 10,000 in SEA).

BTS earns both the highest-charting album ever on the Billboard 200 by a K-pop act, and the genre's biggest sales week. The group beats its own record, as the act's 2016 album, Wings, was previously both the highest-charting K-pop album (debut and peak at No. 26 on the Oct. 29, 2016-dated list) and owner of the biggest sales week for a K-pop title (11,000 copies sold in its debut frame -- all from digital albums). Notably, Wings and Love Yourself: Her are the only K-pop albums that have charted in the top 40.

Since the release of Wings, BTS' popularity has grown tremendously in the U.S., so it's not a huge surprise to see the robust sales figure for the new album. For example, the act debuted at No. 1 on the Social 50 chart the same week that Wings entered the Billboard 200. (The Social 50 chart measures the most popular artists on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Wikipedia and Tumblr.)

Since hitting No. 1, BTS has racked up 40 nonconsecutive weeks atop the list. The group's extraordinary popularity on social networks (and very active fanbase online) led to its first Billboard Music Award win for Top Social Artist back in May. (BTS also befriended dance duo The Chainsmokers at the Billboard Music Awards, which led to the pair's Andrew Taggart co-writing and co-producing a track on BTS' new album.)

Also helping the sales cause, the new album is distributed by Sony's independent distribution arm, The Orchard. It's the first time an album by BTS has American distribution, as the group's previous releases were issued through U.S. digital retailers independently by the group's South Korean label, Big Hit Entertainment. While Love Yourself: Her is currently only available as a digital album in the U.S., a physical CD release is forthcoming.

Lastly, BTS' online fan army mobilized in high volume during street week in order to get the word out about the album. The passionate fandom was very focused on achieving high chart placement, as fan-run social media accounts helped fellow BTS fans understand how Billboard's charts are compiled, and how sales and streams impact the Billboard 200 during an album's first week, and so forth. (Some fans even went so far as to gift the album to friends via Apple's iTunes Store in order to spread the word. However, sales of any specific album purchased on iTunes and gifted to another are not reported to Nielsen Music by Apple, and thus, do not count on Billboard's charts.)
abi
Legend

Postby crazycool » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:23 pm

My favourite boy group (including my dream man of all time and main crush in life Sandeul 8-) ) just released their newest track/MV.

Not one of their best MVs for sure, but the song is a different take on the tropical house trend and I like it. Their album tracks are always the real hits though :D :D :D

crazycool
Legend

Postby abi » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:24 pm

http://variety.com/2017/tv/asia/bet-cha ... 202573048/

BET Channel Makes Asia Debut With Launch in Korea

South Korea has become the first territory in Asia where the BET Channel has launched. Formerly known as Black Entertainment Television, the channel covers entertainment, music and news on urban black culture.

The channel kicked off Tuesday as a partnership between channel owner Viacom International Media Networks and South Korean pay-TV operator SK Broadband. BET is available on “B tv,” SK’s linear service, as well as oksusu, SK’s over-the-top (OTT) streaming service. Subscribers will be able to enjoy multi-platform viewing with digital simulcast and catch-up TV options for selected programs.

“The introduction of the BET Channel in Asia is a key step in strengthening our presence both in South Korea and in Asia, while expanding our portfolio of adult-targeted brands,” said Paras Sharma, senior VP and GM for Southeast Asia and head of digital media, Asia.

“We believe the BET channel will find a fan base among Korean youth, who are globally recognized as fashion and cultural trendsetters – similar to the BET audience,” said Lee Hyung Hee, SK Broadband CEO.

In South Korea, the channel’s offerings will include a mix of international shows including “Being Mary Jane,” “The Wendy Williams Show,” “50 Central,” and “Face Value,” in addition to award shows such as “BET Awards,” “Black Girls Rock,” and “The Hip Hop Awards.” It will also include local productions from South Korea.
So, it's definitely gonna be either:
1. Koreans will have much better understanding about Black culture & music, and hopefully minimize the racism towards black people in Korea, or
2. Koreans will become much more obsessed with Hip-Hop culture so please expect more comeback of "Hip-Hop" wannabe boy groups in the next couple of months.

Stay tuned. One thing for sure, Beyonce's next album is not gonna flop in Korea then. :cry: :cry: :cry:
abi
Legend

Postby Ruthymon » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:19 pm

^ Should have done it in Japan first, imo.
Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby Ruthymon » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:23 pm

Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby abi » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:58 pm

So, I'm going to watch Taeyang next month here. So excited. This is gonna be my first K-Pop concert. 8-) My mom is a big fan of him so I'm gonna give her one of the tickets as her birthday present this weekend.

The scheduling is so dumb though. It's only 1 month apart from GD's and they just released the tickets on sales 2 days ago while the concert is actually gonna be held on October 13, so basically they only have 2.5 weeks to sell the ticket WHOSE IDEA IS THIS??? There are still A BUNCH of tickets left on the seating area but hopefully it's gonna look full in the end.
abi
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:17 pm

Ruthymon wrote:
Daddy's back <3
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby Ruthymon » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:20 pm

2017 MTV EMA: Best Korean Act
Link

GFRIEND
Highlight
MAMAMOO
Seventeen
Wanna One
Ok, did MTV not get the memo about BTS doing work right now, I mean... :roll: :roll:
Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby abi » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:40 am

^MTV EMA's is always random when it comes to K-Pop nods. Didn't BAP win last year or something? :lol:

Anyway, Lay's new video.

Video is really dope, they need to stop with the cornrows though. The song is VERY TERRIBLE, his singing voice is tragic. Definitely one of the least gifted vocally in EXO along with Sehun & Kai. I bet if someone in the west like Bieber & Chris Brown came out with something like this, it will be TRASHED by the listeners. But since he's Lay from EXO, THE EXO, of course everyone will not say mean things. :lol:
abi
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:45 am

So Lay has time to record a solo album and shoot a video, but can't participate in EXO's comeback? I mean its not like I miss him. I just wish he would leave the group for good.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby abi » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:15 pm

BREAKING: Sooyoung, Seohyun, Tiffany did not re-new their contract with SM Entertainment.

Source
abi
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:57 pm

This is my last post here. I'm honestly heartbroken. I don't know how I will continue from now on.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby jpguy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:24 am

SAD. Really sad about this SNSD situation :(
::: Christina Aguilera - Liberation IS COMING 6.15.18 :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby crazycool » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:30 am

So, so devastating. Even though SM has been blasé about the future of SNSD, I can't see them continuing as a 5 especially with only Taeyeon and Sunny as the main vocals.

Regardless of what happens with the 8 girls in the future, I'm still incredibly grateful for their music. I've been fortunate to see them live 3 times and they're my most played artist ever. Their music will live on forever and more importantly, their legacy will never die and no other group will come near to their standard.
crazycool
Legend

Postby abi » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:14 pm

Finally a GOT7 title track that is not a noise.
abi
Legend

Postby jpguy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:37 pm

But I still don't like it. :roll: :roll: :roll: These guys can't seem to catch a break, all their songs are just bland :-?
::: Christina Aguilera - Liberation IS COMING 6.15.18 :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby abi » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:05 am

@kpopchartsdata wrote:Gaon Download Chart:
#68 DEAN - D (Half Moon) 24,389 (2,105,282 total) [=]
What the heck?!?! :o :lol: It's been more than a year and a half!

So basically with only 1 (ONE) televised performance, it's sold more than:

TWICE - Signal 1,065,766
BTS - Spring Day 1,202,649
BTS - Blood Sweat & Tears 1,254,701
WINNER - Really Really 1,308,140
AKMU - Last Goodbye 1,637,709
BLACKPINK - Playing with Fire 1,762,692
CRUSH - Beautiful 1,837,316

And keep it mind that the song NEVER entered the top 10 on the weekly chart. :lol: If only people care for his other (and better) singles though.

Let me celebrate by using his avatar.
abi
Legend

Postby Nackar » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:58 am

jpguy wrote:But I still don't like it. :roll: :roll: :roll: These guys can't seem to catch a break, all their songs are just bland :-?
Ehr... I wouldn't say "they can't seem to catch a break"... they are clearly one of the most successful currently active groups out there :lol:

However, I agree that their songs are so bland. To me they are definitely one of the least distinctive groups out there, especially considering their popularity. Even the songs I kinda like I just... kinda like. I tend to never put them on. At least this one is more streamlined, like abi said though.
Nackar
Legend

Postby abi » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:45 pm

GOT7 are lucky because they have a huge fanbase in Korea & internationally that will always support them no matter what because nobody outside their fanbase really know who they are tbh. :lol: Korean public only knows Jackson who is super popular, but I don't think they even realize that he's actually a boy group member. :lol: It's almost in the same situation with BTOB and Sungjae (who is hella popular thanks to School 2015 & Goblin) but they're gradually getting popular with more and more members appearing on TV.

I think some members are quite talented, but JYP just needs to fix his ear, pick the right title track and stop pushing only Jackson into variety shows. What about Jaebum, the actual leader of GOT7? And maybe Yugyeom because he gained a lot of popularity thanks to Hit The Stage.
abi
Legend

Return to General Music Discussion