K-POP Music

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, tdc2000

Postby Ruthymon » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:59 pm

abi wrote:Random, but which foreign act y'all wanna see performing at this year's MAMA? I'm really hoping to see Camila Cabello. I just watched her EMA's performance and she's grown so much as a performer. But knowing MAMA's, it's probably gonna be some has-been act who was relevant like 10 years ago.
Does Asia know Camila as solo, though? I doubt it. They probably know her from the girl from Fifth Harmony.

Best bet will be Ariana Grande.
Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby jpguy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:37 pm

MNET will not invite someone relevant as Ariana, never. Wasn't it last year they had Timbaland? Lol ... I don't really care for these foreign acts at all.

* WannaOne's comeback song = such a non event

I'm excited for Kard's comeback on the 21st!!!! And Red Velvet !
::: Christina Aguilera - Liberation IS COMING 6.15.18 :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby crazycool » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:04 pm

Anyone else here watching The Uni+?

I'm completely and utterly obsessed. Haven't been this invested in Korean show for quite a while actually.

Firstly, I think it's just a good show and concept in general. But more importantly, there's dozens of idols that I've supported (Dal Shabet, Brave Girls, DIA, Sonamoo) who are getting more limelight and also some groups/idols I've previously enjoyed too (Spica, T-ara's Areum, Feeldog, Boyfriend, 100%, Myname, The Ark, Tiny-G).

Also, it's been great to find some undiscovered talent for me! I was never bothered with Good Day's debut this year, but their personality on the show totally had me hooked! I've completely done a 180 on that group and watching all their performances of 'Rolly' and definitely considering myself a fan now. I am hoping that some members they make the cut!
crazycool
Legend

Postby abi » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:25 am

Ruthymon wrote:Does Asia know Camila as solo, though? I doubt it. They probably know her from the girl from Fifth Harmony.

Best bet will be Ariana Grande.
I mean, she's not a household name yet but "Havana" is shaping to be a major hit. #1 on Spotify Hong Kong & Indonesia, #2 Malaysia & Philippines, #3 Singapore, #4 Taiwan & #7 Japan. My bet would be either her or Dua Lipa. Dua has a lot of stans here.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm excited for KARD's comeback. "Hola Hola" definitely killed their momentum for me. Curious if they're gonna change their sound though.

Also, I haven't been invested in watching The Unit and some other programs that are happening right now. Although I know CL & Taeyang are judges in one of the programs so I might watch them.
abi
Legend

Postby abi » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:35 am

Jennie is so done with YG. :lol:
abi
Legend

Postby jpguy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:32 am

LMAO, I thought Square 3 would have been released this month, hopefully early January, it's insane seeing they've only had digital releases and no mini albums :/
jpguy
Legend

Postby Colbie » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:03 pm

Woah Monsta X's first win, they were so enotional! Beautiful to see! Love Dramarama!
Colbie
Superstar

Postby Ruthymon » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:10 pm

Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby joiPrince_JO » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:36 pm

Lay will not be participating in EXO's upcoming tour due to his solo activities.

I love how Jessica was kicked out because apparently her solo schedule clashed with SNSD's group schedule... yet she never missed a tv appearance or tv performance, concert or MV shooting.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:33 am

Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby jpguy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:02 pm

I looooove RV's Pikaboo hahaha .. Pika, pika lol at the end that's how it sounds haha. Loving the concept and Joy looking sexy on the table wow
jpguy
Legend

Postby Gravity » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:08 am

Red Velvet's new album is fantastic!
Floped and localed
Gravity
Superstar

Postby abi » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:18 am

Video is beautiful but the song is the same old rehash.
abi
Legend

Postby abi » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:21 am

How the heck did Samuel know JRE? :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a new goal in life then: reacting to a CL video with CL.
abi
Legend

Postby Colbie » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:05 pm

Not fond of the new Kard
Colbie
Superstar

Postby jpguy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:42 am

Yeah. Kard disappointed me to be honest :(
jpguy
Legend

Postby abi » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:13 am

Urghh, CL. This past few years have been tough for you, girl. :cry: Be strong.

But where's the album?
abi
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:30 am

Why hard? She was the most popular member of the 2nd biggest Korean GG, her label gave her multiple solos, she got to collaborate with Western artists, tour through the US etc. etc.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby abi » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:51 am

joiPrince_JO wrote:Why hard? She was the most popular member of the 2nd biggest Korean GG, her label gave her multiple solos, she got to collaborate with Western artists, tour through the US etc. etc.
She was the leader so she felt responsible for the breakup, she was crying throughout that clip and I don't think we've ever seen her cry before. She even had to wrote that long ass Instagram post to explain everything because everyone was blaming her solo for 2NE1's breakup even though the reality is, the group started to fall apart because of Bom's incident (and Minzy being unhappy with YG for not giving her any solo activities).
abi
Legend

Postby musiclover2174 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:09 am

joiPrince_JO wrote:Lay will not be participating in EXO's upcoming tour due to his solo activities.

I love how Jessica was kicked out because apparently her solo schedule clashed with SNSD's group schedule... yet she never missed a tv appearance or tv performance, concert or MV shooting.
The reason Jessica was kicked out is pretty obvious. SM won’t get even a single penny from Jessica’s business. That’s why they gave her an option to quit her business or quit GG. She didn’t want to give up any so SM made the decision for her. SM forced her out of GG.

Lay, on the other hand, is still handled by SM so they earn money from his solo activities. That’s why it’s okay with them if he couldn’t join EXO’s activities. Besides, Lay is SM’s foothold in China. So they wouldn’t take a risk of losing the last Chinese member of EXO.
musiclover2174
Manager

Postby joiPrince_JO » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:17 am

musiclover2174 wrote:
joiPrince_JO wrote:Lay will not be participating in EXO's upcoming tour due to his solo activities.

The reason Jessica was kicked out is pretty obvious. SM won’t get even a single penny from Jessica’s business. That’s why they gave her an option to quit her business or quit GG. She didn’t want to give up any so SM made the decision for her. SM forced her out of GG.
The other members also stood against her. Sones like to forget that and blame it all on SM.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby musiclover2174 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:29 am

joiPrince_JO wrote:
musiclover2174 wrote:

The other members also stood against her. Sones like to forget that and blame it all on SM.
Who knows what SM could have done to the other members that made them stand against her? They had just re-signed new contracts at the time and if they stood against SM, I don’t think SM would still let them release music or do solo/group activities. I don’t think Seohyun, Sooyoung and Tiffany would leave SM if they were really a great company. SM had a lot of controversies with how they treat their artists. I wouldn’t be surprised if my theory was true.
musiclover2174
Manager

Postby joiPrince_JO » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:34 am

musiclover2174 wrote:
joiPrince_JO wrote:
musiclover2174 wrote:

Who knows what SM could have done to the other members that made them stand against her? They had just re-signed new contracts at the time and if they stood against SM, I don’t think SM would still let them release music or do solo/group activities. I don’t think Seohyun, Sooyoung and Tiffany would leave SM if they were really a great company. SM had a lot of controversies with how they treat their artists. I wouldn’t be surprised if my theory was true.
They had all re-signed their contracts, including Jessica. Jessica mentioned that she received permission from SM several times and it was the members who confronted her and told her to either quit B&E or leave SNSD.

When its 8 against 1... obviously the company is gonna side with the majority. Losing one member is better than losing 8.

I'm not saying SM is a great company, but I don't see why Jessica would lie about stuff like that.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby Colbie » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:44 pm

Colbie
Superstar

Postby abi » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:09 pm

Random, is it just me or do all of KARD's music videos look the same? I mean, not exactly all of them but like the majority. They always have similar settings, dark lighting, all the neon colors and even similar dance moves. It's interesting at first but now it's just getting boring.
abi
Legend

Return to General Music Discussion