K-POP Music

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, tdc2000

Postby roeleek » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:50 am

:x
joiPrince_JO wrote:
musiclover2174 wrote:
joiPrince_JO wrote:I love how Jessica was kicked out because apparently her solo schedule clashed with SNSD's group schedule... yet she never missed a tv appearance or tv performance, concert or MV shooting.
The reason Jessica was kicked out is pretty obvious. SM won’t get even a single penny from Jessica’s business. That’s why they gave her an option to quit her business or quit GG. She didn’t want to give up any so SM made the decision for her. SM forced her out of GG.
The other members also stood against her. Sones like to forget that and blame it all on SM.
Who knows what SM could have done to the other members that made them stand against her? They had just re-signed new contracts at the time and if they stood against SM, I don’t think SM would still let them release music or do solo/group activities. I don’t think Seohyun, Sooyoung and Tiffany would leave SM if they were really a great company. SM had a lot of controversies with how they treat their artists. I wouldn’t be surprised if my theory was true.

They had all re-signed their contracts, including Jessica. Jessica mentioned that she received permission from SM several times and it was the members who confronted her and told her to either quit B&E or leave SNSD.

When its 8 against 1... obviously the company is gonna side with the majority. Losing one member is better than losing 8.

I'm not saying SM is a great company, but I don't see why Jessica would lie about stuff like that.[/quote]

My point:

I think the other 8 girls were jealous that Jessica had a second option- a safety net (b&E) if SNSD tanked in the 3 years of promotions then Jessica can go back to the fashion label. There is such a thing as publicity rights and I think they did figure out that if Jessica was to remain in SNSD she would've had a chance to use SNSD brand name to push B&E further. I'm sure SM played a major part as well by scaring the other 8 girls that they would lose contracts with fashion firms if a member already had her own business. They also believed only two girls could solidly stand on their own two feet if they left SNSD and that was Taeyeon and Yoona so the other 6 girls were dependent on any income coming in their way. At that time lets remember that Sooyoung or Seohyun weren't majorly known as actresses.
roeleek
Manager

Postby jpguy » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:47 am

The new RED VELVET album is life guys ! It's a very mature sound for the girls.
You should check it out.

https://open.spotify.com/album/0rvrbZva ... WLKJoadGkQ
::: Christina Aguilera - Liberation IS COMING 6.15.18 :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby jpguy » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:51 am

abi wrote:Random, is it just me or do all of KARD's music videos look the same? I mean, not exactly all of them but like the majority. They always have similar settings, dark lighting, all the neon colors and even similar dance moves. It's interesting at first but now it's just getting boring.
Not all of them. Holla hola was shot outdoors like the latest version of Rumour but overall it's getting a bit boring indeed
jpguy
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:30 pm

I can't believe Red Velvet's new song and album are underperforming so terribly :cry: I honestly don't know whats going on...
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby Gravity » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:34 pm

joiPrince_JO wrote:I can't believe Red Velvet's new song and album are underperforming so terribly :cry: I honestly don't know whats going on...
That's too bad :( it's a great album
Floped and localed
Gravity
Superstar

Postby roeleek » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:45 pm

Gravity wrote:
joiPrince_JO wrote:I can't believe Red Velvet's new song and album are underperforming so terribly :cry: I honestly don't know whats going on...
I feel bad for the girls genuinely but they do say Karma is a b*tch.
A lot of ot8 sones supported red velvet previously but after what the company did to snsd on their 10 year anniversary, I don’t think those sones are feeling the love to a sub group. Look at wonder girls and Sunmi’s Gashina. Jyp is better at treating their artists as human.
roeleek
Manager

Postby joiPrince_JO » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:05 am

roeleek wrote:
Gravity wrote:
I feel bad for the girls genuinely but they do say Karma is a b*tch.
A lot of ot8 sones supported red velvet previously but after what the company did to snsd on their 10 year anniversary, I don’t think those sones are feeling the love to a sub group. Look at wonder girls and Sunmi’s Gashina. Jyp is better at treating their artists as human.
This makes absolutely no sense.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby jpguy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:54 am

PERFECT Velvet is at 54K now on Hanteo, is that really bad? They have never been huge album sellers.
In comparison RED SUMMER is at 51K total as of today, so they have sold already what their best selling album did in months.

The track PEAK A BOO is still top 5 on music services including Melon, how is that underperforming? LOL

Just because they're not the new SM SNSD doesn't mean they're totally flopping or doing worse than their previous album. RED FLAVOUR was a massive summer hit. I learnt RV is more about GP and Longevity
jpguy
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:15 am

jpguy wrote:PERFECT Velvet is at 54K now on Hanteo, is that really bad? They have never been huge album sellers.
In comparison RED SUMMER is at 51K total as of today, so they have sold already what their best selling album did in months.

The track PEAK A BOO is still top 5 on music services including Melon, how is that underperforming? LOL

Just because they're not the new SM SNSD doesn't mean they're totally flopping or doing worse than their previous album. RED FLAVOUR was a massive summer hit. I learnt RV is more about GP and Longevity
Red Summer actually sold 75k on Gaon. We'll see how much Perfect Velvet does, but likely 40-50k.

Peek A Boo debuted at #12, their lowest debut for any of their title tracks. Even Rookie, which many people labeled as a flop until it started gaining momentum, debuted much higher.

Considering they came off one of their biggest eras ever, the results are definitely disappointing this time around.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:50 pm

BREAKING: TAEYEON INVOLVED IN CAR ACCIDENT

A member of popular girl group Girls' Generation Taeyeon was confirmed to have caused a traffic accident in Gangnam, Seoul on the afternoon of the 28th.

According to police and witnesses in Gangnam, Seoul, Taeyeon was involved in a three-way accident with a Mercedes-Benz car that he drove on the first lane of the three-lane road from the Seoul Subway Line 7,

Taeyeon's Mercedes-Benz car collided with the rear of the K5 taxi, and the taxi hit the Audi vehicle right in front of it.

Taeyeon was reported to have been transferred to the hospital, complaining of chest pain after boarding an ambulance that arrived at about 8:10 pm.

A driver of Audi and two taxi passengers were injured and moved to the hospital.

The police are calling the taxi driver and investigating the incident.
In an official statement, SM Entertainment said, “Today at 7:40 p.m. [KST] in the area of Nonhyeon-dong, while attending to personal business, Taeyeon was involved in a car accident through her own careless driving. She is very apologetic towards the other drivers and passengers and will work diligently to resolve the post-accident matters.”

The statement added, “After dealing with the traffic accident, she has returned home safely without injuries. We apologize for having caused anxiety.”

Update: Taeyeon's comeback, which had previously been confirmed for December, is now apparently postponed.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:45 pm

2017 MAMA Vote result

Best Dance Performance Female Group : #1 SNSD-Holiday 33.4%

Best Female Artist : #1 Taeyeon 36.7%
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby jpguy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:30 pm

joiPrince_JO wrote:
jpguy wrote:PERFECT Velvet is at 54K now on Hanteo, is that really bad? They have never been huge album sellers.

Red Summer actually sold 75k on Gaon. We'll see how much Perfect Velvet does, but likely 40-50k.

Peek A Boo debuted at #12, their lowest debut for any of their title tracks. Even Rookie, which many people labeled as a flop until it started gaining momentum, debuted much higher.

Considering they came off one of their biggest eras ever, the results are definitely disappointing this time around.
From what I read the track debuted on 1 day of sales only, how is the album going to do 40-50K in Gaon when they have already sold more than that based on HANTEO? lol... it literally makes no sense. Look at the song now, it's top 5 on all music services, I don't get where you're claiming it's flopping. :lol: compared to Twice perhaps, but not in the G.G. league
jpguy
Legend

Postby jpguy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:08 am

I wonder what YG is wanting to do with BLACKPINK. Why is he mistreating them again when they have had consistent hits, it's not like they're flopping. They were always having great comebacks and international fans always eat them up a lot. What is even going on :(
jpguy
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:13 am

jpguy wrote:I wonder what YG is wanting to do with BLACKPINK. Why is he mistreating them again when they have had consistent hits, it's not like they're flopping. They were always having great comebacks and international fans always eat them up a lot. What is even going on :(
They are mistreating all of their acts. They also managed to ruin 2ne1.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:28 am

Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:41 am

Twice won Best Dance Performance Female group, even though SNSD clearly won:

The MAMAs are truly unbelievable. They just give the awards away however they like.

Why even bother with online voting?
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby Colbie » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:47 am

^ But the voting only counted for 30% right? The rest is about sales and views and other things if im correct!
ANPANMAN
Colbie
Superstar

Postby joiPrince_JO » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:06 pm

I think it counts for more than 30%, but even if it was only 30%, SNSD had almost 25 million votes and Twice 10 million...
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:59 pm

Twice's terrible Signal also won Song of the Year
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby jpguy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:35 pm

Lol. Twice was big this year and Signal was definitely recognized but REALLY REALLY was bigger!!!
jpguy
Legend

Postby jpguy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:39 pm

Colbie wrote:^ But the voting only counted for 30% right? The rest is about sales and views and other things if im correct!
Twice had a huge year in the choreography. Many people covered them so why not? Lol
jpguy
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:13 pm

jpguy wrote:
Colbie wrote:^ But the voting only counted for 30% right? The rest is about sales and views and other things if im correct!
Twice had a huge year in the choreography. Many people covered them so why not? Lol
SNSD had almost 30 million votes, almost triple the votes that Twice had.

If that doesn't count, then why even offer online voting?

It'll be interesting to see who wins Best Female. Taeyeon won the online voting, she also had the biggest physical sales of any female artist (including female groups - expect for Twice). IU sold more digitally, but physical sales count more. So she should win.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby Ruthymon » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:18 pm

New girl group: 1NB
Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby jpguy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:22 pm

joiPrince_JO wrote:
jpguy wrote:

It'll be interesting to see who wins Best Female. Taeyeon won the online voting, she also had the biggest physical sales of any female artist (including female groups - expect for Twice). IU sold more digitally, but physical sales count more. So she should win.
I don't think she will win. See someone random win lol
jpguy
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:33 pm

jpguy wrote:
joiPrince_JO wrote:
jpguy wrote:

I don't think she will win. See someone random win lol
She won‘t be there so of course she isn‘t gonna win.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Return to General Music Discussion