K-POP Music

Moderators: tdc2000, biscuits

Postby abi » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:53 pm

Anyway, the fact that most YG groups are very popular among the general public yet they have smaller fanbases compared to the other groups are still a mistery to me. Anyone has an idea? Is it because they don't do a lot of fanmeetings & promotions?

Take WINNER for example. They're good looking, their songs are always big ("Empty', "Don't Flirt" & "Really Really" are all +1 million sellers). Kang Seungyoon & Song Mino are very popular (Seungyoon was on Superstar K and he had 2 (?) number one solo hits prior to WINNER & Song Mino was 2nd on Show Me The Money and had that huge song with Taeyang that everyone and their mama in Korea knew), and I see them appearing on TV pretty often both as a group or individually. Yet their album sales are actually quite low.
abi
Legend

Postby jpguy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:13 pm

Maybe they don't rely on cute concepts like other labels??? we've seen SNSD, EXO, SHINEE, RED VELVET, (even BoA at some point), embracing the cute concept but BigBang, 2ne1 never really did. I'd love to see how good Blackpink's album sales would do. I think it's about time they drop an album. but you're right, it's still weird. Even back then, SNSD always had much higher salen compares to WG & 2ne1
::: Shinin', shinin', just like a DIAMOND, blindin' blindin' :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby abi » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:14 am

^Uhmm I guess so. Also I read how YG brand all his acts 'exclusive' kinda hurt their popularity as well sometimes.

Anyway, former EXO Kris Wu is number one on US iTunes right now can y'all believe that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

abi
Legend

Postby abi » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:19 am

Wait I didn't know his movie with Rihanna is out. :o

I'm guessing it's both his Chinese fans changing their VPN address to buy the song and he gained a bit of popularity due to his appearance in several Western movies, because his iTunes position worldwide is actually not bad afterall.

Deserve

iTunes:
#1 United States
#1 Cambodia
#1 Hong Kong
#1 Laos
#1 Macau
#1 Singapore
#1 Taiwan
#1 Vietnam
#2 Malaysia
#2 Thailand
#4 Finland
#4 Paraguay
#8 Philippines
#16 New Zealand
#19 Kazakhstan
#22 Canada
#32 Australia
#40 Indonesia
#42 United Kingdom
#44 France
#53 Russia
#68 Turkey
#78 Netherlands
#81 Norway
#87 Belgium
#90 India
#93 Mexico
#106 Japan
#118 Spain
#126 Germany
#137 Italy
#199 Switzerland
abi
Legend

Postby Ruthymon » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:18 pm

Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby Ruthymon » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby Ruthymon » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:20 pm

Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby Ruthymon » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:22 pm

New group from JYP: Stray Kids

Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby jpguy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:15 am

Ruthymon wrote:
I really like this one ! And the fact that they're so close to hit 200k is insane, I knew pd101 would help them but coming from 25k last year to this is just crazy. They are literally a top group now.
jpguy
Legend

Postby abi » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:36 pm

Alright y'all so I went to Taeyang's White Night concert last night with my mom and it was everything! Let me tell y'all, this man is a born performer. 1 hour 45 minutes, there's not a single song that he lipped. All live. Sounded AMAZING. He did not sound out of breath at all. And it's crazy how high his energy was. He was literally running around the stage, jumping, doing some extra dance moves, yet his vocals were always on point. He just couldn't stand still. He even moved a lot while performing some ballads & midtempos. He was already sweating by the second or the third song. The stage set up was quite simple but it was very beautiful.

The show started off very high energy with "Ringa Linga" followed by "Body" where I could feel some awkwardness among the audience when one of his female dancers literally opened her legs wide open up in the air and he was there standing between her legs, and then he was humping the floor a few times during the song. Mind you there were a lot of young girls in audience with their moms & a lot of women in hijab. It was VERY awkward. :lol: :lol: :lol: Thank God the sexiness only lasted for 2 songs though. He performed almost all the songs IN FULL including ALL songs (I believe?) from his new album as well as BIGBANG's "Last Dance" where he sang all the other members' verses. He only cut the second verse noticeably on "Love You To Death", "Good Boy", "Fantastic Baby" and "Bang Bang Bang" as far as I could remember. He interacted with the audience a lot, talking about BIGBANG, about his visit to Jakarta, about his new album (I do really have a feeling he knew his new album was underperforming, he was like "Y'all don't really like my new album, do you?" with a smile). :lol:

The encore was lit. Everybody was standing up and singing throughout the whole set. It was "Good Boy" followed by "Bang Bang Bang" & "Fantastic Baby" and he ended the show with of course, the national anthem "Eyes, Nose, Lips" with all the extra adlibs during the end. It was a looooooooong encore. It's crazy how he performed three dance songs in a row and immediately moved into a ballad yet he still sounded flawless. It was a great performance. Granted he didn't really do any proper choreography in full (like any other K-Pop acts) but his stage presence was really unmatched. My respect for him as an entertainer & as a person has grown A LOT after the concert. He seemed like a really, really nice & down to earth guy too. I believe he's like one of the least problematic persons in YG by far. :lol:

P.S. After the show, me and my mom decided to have a dinner streetside just outside the venue. We were just sitting there on the sidewalk when my mom saw Taeyang inside his car with his window opened and he was just looking outside and he looked pretty tired and my mom literally freaked out. :lol: Unfortunately my mom noticed it a bit too late though so he was already too far when my mom realized and she really, really regretted it. She kept talking about how she regretted not seeing him in the car sooner, even until this morning. :lol: But still, we had fun a lot and we're hoping to see him back again in Jakarta. This is the man who's responsible for introducing me to this whole K-Pop world so his music always feels special to me.

Also, I took some pics last night but because my phone is a flop so they didn't turn out good so let me just post this pic from Google. It looks almost the same anyway. Same stage set up, same outfits.

abi
Legend

Postby jpguy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:06 pm

^ Wow. I'm so glad you got to enjoy the show! So so happy for you and really Glad Taeyang was pretty into it as well. He's definitely an amazing peformer indeed.
jpguy
Legend

Postby abi » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:32 pm

^Thanks! And yeah he's always in a great mood whenever he's on stage. My only complain that the concert felt too short, even though I know it's not. :lol: You should go to one whenever he comes near your place. :P

I was on Twitter & IG the other day and the fans said his concert was million times better that GD's half-assed MOTTE tour.

Anyway, I'm really into "Gashina" right now. It's a nice jam.
abi
Legend

Postby Ruthymon » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:42 pm

Album's out
Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby crazycool » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:58 pm

^ I absolutely ADORE Danger, but there's not one single thing that I'm enjoying about Taemin's comeback. So disappointed. What does everyone else think?

-----

My girls DIA are back with their repackage of the Love Generation mini. The title track is "Good night" and it's a different sound to what they've usually put out. Still in their cute style, but a bit more modern sounding. For me, these girls can't do any wrong. It's sometimes a cliche when people say that certain groups have the "whole package" (I'm guilty of doing that!!!!), but DIA really are the whole package for me. Amazing vocals, visuals, dancers, music. I truly think they're SLOWLY on the rise. I'm not going to claim that they'll be huge but they're slowly creeping up the popularity scale I think. Let's hope Yebin and Somyi's featuring on The Unit will continue to give the girls the exposure they deserve

crazycool
Legend

Postby Ruthymon » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:15 pm

Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby Ruthymon » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:19 pm

New album, "We've Done Something Wonderful" is out
Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby MusicFan98 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:52 am

Omg, i didn't know there was a K-pop thread in Ukmix :lol: how are you guys?
Avril Lavigne, Taylor Swift, Paramore
MusicFan98
Groupie

Postby crazycool » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:59 am

MusicFan98 wrote:Omg, i didn't know there was a K-pop thread in Ukmix :lol: how are you guys?
Welcome!
This is my favourite thread so please feel free to join in with the sharing of content and discussions of our favourite K-Pop acts!
crazycool
Legend

Postby crazycool » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:01 am

Ruthymon wrote:
LOONA <3 !

Absolutely love everything this group puts out. Whilst I do prefer the Korean version of LOONATIC, this is still a super cool version. Odd Eye Circle are re-relasing Mix & Match and re-titling it to Max & Match and will feature 2 new tracks, english version of LOONATIC and a remix!
crazycool
Legend

Postby Colbie » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:07 am

Ruthymon wrote:

New album, "We've Done Something Wonderful" is out
Realy like this!
Mic Mic Bungee
Colbie
Superstar

Postby abi » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:36 pm

MusicFan98 wrote:Omg, i didn't know there was a K-pop thread in Ukmix :lol: how are you guys?
Welcome! We need more K-Poppers here.

Anyway, y'all y'all y'all y'all!

WHY IS THIS LEE GIKWANG SONG SOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOD?

A breezy Pop summer jam with subtle Tropical/Dancehall influence and R&B on the verses. Urghhh. Taeyang lowkey should've released something like this for his comeback.
abi
Legend

Postby MusicFan98 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:59 am

crazycool wrote:Welcome!
This is my favourite thread so please feel free to join in with the sharing of content and discussions of our favourite K-Pop acts!
Thank you guys, well, i've getting into K-Pop since like...two weeks ago :lol: but this is my favorite MV, It's kind of old, but it feels new to me :lol: :lol:

abi wrote:Welcome! We need more K-Poppers here.
Thank you :D
MusicFan98
Groupie

Postby joiPrince_JO » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:04 pm

Congratulations on seeing the light and acknowleding Girls' Generation as the best, most iconic and most talented girl group in the world.

If you are interested in them, I suggest you check out their pre-2014 discography especially their first Japanese album.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby MusicFan98 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:49 pm

joiPrince_JO wrote:Congratulations on seeing the light and acknowleding Girls' Generation as the best, most iconic and most talented girl group in the world.

If you are interested in them, I suggest you check out their pre-2014 discography especially their first Japanese album.
i've been meaning to listen to their discography, but they have released so many records and i just didn't know where to start :lol:
i listened to holiday night, and it was IMO a solid record. All night is amazing :roll:
MusicFan98
Groupie

Postby Colbie » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:13 pm

New group, nothing new but i quite like this!

Live performance:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjqsFvaueuI
The guy in the spencer reminds me of Jin (bts) , the blowing kiss at the end :lol:
Mic Mic Bungee
Colbie
Superstar

Return to General Music Discussion