New Zealand singer: K'LEE

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, tdc2000

Postby JamesCarter » Thu Nov 22, 2001 6:41 am

I just love K'Lee. Today I bought both of her singles 'Broken Wings' which peaked at #2 in August and her new single '1+1+1 (It Ain't Two)' which has peaked @ #12 this week.

I also heard by the New Zealand funding that she is also recording a new song called 'Six Million Ways'.

And her video to 1+1+1(It Ain't Two) Looks really good and I think that a lot of people will be surprised as how American it sounds.

It would do really well over seas which is what I think Universal is aiming for. Since that there isn't much bands doing too well overseas, but have made a mark like Zed, Stellar, Fur Patrol & Deep Obsession. however, these four acts are the biggest
JamesCarter
Manager

Postby basementjaxx » Thu Nov 22, 2001 7:59 am

yeah.. good for k'lee.

any future album plans?
basementjaxx
Groupie

Postby MattWilson » Thu Nov 22, 2001 8:03 am

Yeah, she's got great potential, I heard that 1+1+1 (It Ain't Two) will be released as the first single in Australia in February followed by UK in March/April.
MattWilson
Roadie

Postby JamesCarter » Thu Nov 22, 2001 10:55 am

really Matt??? That is great news. I think that she has got what it takes.

I heard that her album was called The GeeCee but that was just a working title for one of her mixes of Broken Wings.
JamesCarter
Manager

Postby ATB3000 » Thu Nov 22, 2001 3:01 pm

does anyone know where i can hear audio clips of her songs?
Music 4 Life
ATB3000
Roadie

Postby JamesCarter » Thu Nov 22, 2001 10:34 pm

You can get an mp3 of Broken Wings of www.grokster.com which is like napster what you download
JamesCarter
Manager

Postby Muzikritik » Sun Dec 30, 2001 10:42 pm

I love K'Lee! I think she has the potentional to be a worldwide hit - let's just hope she doesn't fail like so many others - plus, she's soooo much better than Anika Moa!

NB - I know one of the dancers in the 1+1+1 (It Ain't Two) video - she wears a blue outfit infront of an orange background.
Muzikritik
Legend

Postby JamesCarter » Mon Dec 31, 2001 9:33 am

yeah, k'lee is really cool. theres not much info about her on the net. She made the top 20 twice and her Broken Wings song was played over 25000 times on Radio since July to now.

Anika Moa is boring. Have u seen her add? It says that Dido said she is brilliant.
JamesCarter
Manager

Postby LiL_DiVa » Thu Jan 17, 2002 8:10 am

Yeah K'Lee's cool and so is Anika Moa so quit dissin! Appreciate what they do coz I don't see u up there!

:smile: LiL^DiVa
LiL_DiVa
Groupie

Postby basementjaxx » Thu Jan 17, 2002 8:56 am

well... before i start, i would like to say that i love both kiwi artists ... however, i think anika moa deserves more credit that k'lee.

come on you guys! even if k'lee is "all that", i still think that she's a bit mediocre for my liking... come on! her song isnt that serious even! 1+1+1 (it aint 2) .. hello?! its just screaming "ignorance" for me.

furthermore, i reckon that she seems to be one of those "bubblegum popish" kinda artists that pop up every now and then... just because theres a big demand for it. ok ok... she's got potential, but until she (or her producers) come up with tracks that are a bit more sensible or at least, not a cover, i think ill not take her *that* seriously.

on the otherhand, created by the hype that she signed to an american record company, anika moa.. has the "edge". shes her own individual... and.. take note.. writes her own songs. "youthful" is just an amazing track (which i think deserves a better video than what were seeing on telly). anika moa has maturity wherein it can definitely be obvious and redundant in most of her tracks.

well.. thats my opinion.

<font size=-1>[ This message was edited by: basementjaxx on 2002-01-17 04:01 ]</font>
Last edited by basementjaxx on Thu Jan 17, 2002 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
basementjaxx
Groupie

Postby JamesCarter » Thu Jan 17, 2002 9:24 am

the reason i said she is boring is because of her video i like her song though. And i do think that it is an amazing song but the video is boring and could've been a lot better. I love most NZ acts.

And do you know that there are 11 NZ acts in the top 50 this week in NZ.
JamesCarter
Manager

Postby basementjaxx » Sat Jan 19, 2002 9:50 am

uve said it. nz acts are on the rise! (which is good)
basementjaxx
Groupie

Postby Muzikritik » Sat Jan 26, 2002 10:30 pm

I also really like "Youthful", but the video is boring, and "Good In My Head" isn't very good either.

Plus, K'Lee is a lot more attractive than Anika and as far as we know Anika can't dance.
Muzikritik
Legend

Postby basementjaxx » Sun Jan 27, 2002 1:39 am

well, i have to admit. ur right. first impressions last.
basementjaxx
Groupie

Postby cee_child » Thu Feb 07, 2002 3:34 am

k'lee is awesome - bout time new zealand had some real r n b music- I know 1+1+1 will do really well in australia and UK - UK is known for their love of POP music -so much nz music is such crap and never ends up doing well overseas - anika moa has just got the most up-herself attitude to go along with her "falling asleep" music -Im waiting to see how well zed will do in the states after their signing to major recording label INTERSCOPE.

Anyway I know K-LEE will go far- I had some cousins come over from the USA for the holidays - couple of them are DJS so they know good music is! I showed them the K-LEE vid and they were very impressed! good beats, very catch and lots of potential- I think K'lee will do very well overseas -all she needs really is good marketing

oh and about the song itself? who cares about the songwriting skills on this? the song is catchy - their are millions of songs out there that dont mean anything but with the right beats they still make it to #1.

K-lee is awesome!best nz music to come out in a long time! bout time nz had a good popstar of its own, she got the looks, rhythym, voice and personality to make it!
you go girl! dont u worry about negative people - they just jealous!!!
cee_child
Groupie

Postby JamesCarter » Sat Feb 09, 2002 6:38 am

yeah, I think that NZ is beginning to get a lot of good music these days. K'Lee is obviously 'the bomb' LOL! She's really nice looking, good catchy songs and ace videos. I think that Zed's songs are also really good - its not all pop - but it is quite rocky tho.

I think that Stellars new album is alot better than the first. The singles sound a lot more international than the first album.

I like Anika Moa's 'Youtful' song - it should've been no.1 and it would've it was commercially released.

Erika from TrueBliss is also releasing her solo single called Do It soon. She has recieved $5,000 from TVNZ to make a video clip aswell as new singles from Zed, Stellar & Anika Moa.

Also K'Lees new single is meant to be called 'Can U Feel Me' but it hasn't been out to radio yet.

And another great new band called Nurture are out so check out their website <a href="http://www.nurturemusic.com" target="_blank" target="_new">http://www.nurturemusic.com</a>

they've had 2 cool singles - the newest one is really good.
JamesCarter
Manager

Postby mistermamour » Mon Apr 08, 2002 9:41 am

Hi, I'm french, and I really like K'lee's music. A friend of mine in London who went to Australia in january told me that R&B is very popular in Australia... So I decided to find some good aussie artists by the web, I was so pleased and I enjoyed discovering Shakaya, Selwyn and Times 3.

And so I wanted to know more about overseas R&B, and I decided to see what exist in new-zealand, and I felt in love with K'lee's singles "Broken Wings" and "1+1+1 It Ain't 2".

I really would like to know more about her, and about R&B music in New-Zealand. Is there some other artists like K'lee ?

Thanks. Christian from Paris, France
mistermamour
Groupie

Postby cee_child » Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:16 pm

Hey french girl!! well youve come to the right place!! i think NZ hip hop music and r nb is just as good as anywhere else!!!! Have you heard K'lees new song "can u feel me?" that song is awesome - her new album is due in may, lets see what else??? If youre into true hip hop get the P-MONEY and Deceptikonz album!! These guys rock!! Pmoney was third in the World ITF DJ champs so he knows his stuff!
Theres loads and loads of R N B/hip hop in NZ!!! Good luck with your search - if you need any more info than shout out frenchie!!!! bye!!!
cee_child
Groupie

Postby Ewokguy15 » Fri Apr 19, 2002 4:54 am

Download this site and then you can download her songs

get her new one can you feel me it is cool as well

www.winMX.com
Ewokguy15
Manager

Return to General Music Discussion