Balkans & East Europe's Music.

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, tdc2000

Postby Crazy4Brit » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:39 pm

I really like music from the Balkans and East Europe, so could you, UKMixers, post some songs from those countries?

I'm interested in music from:

Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, Albania, Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, Turkey, Moldova, Ukraine, Russia.

Crazy4DaveFranco....ehm, i mean Brad
Crazy4Brit
Superstar

Postby nyla » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:42 pm

As far as Croatia goes the biggest star i best selling female artist is Severina:

Here is her dicography with her smsh hit singles:

1992 album Severina: Kad Si Sam (When You Are Alone), Tvoja Prva Djevojka (Your First Girlfriend)

1993 album Dalmatinka (Girl From Dalmatia): Dalmatinka (Girl From Dalmatia), Paloma Nera (Black Dove), Covjek Kojeg Volim (Man Who I Love)

1995 album Trava Zelena (Green Grass):
Trava Zelena (Green Grass), Ti Si Srce Moje (You Are My Sweetheart),
Bambola

1996 album Moja Stvar (My Thing):
Moja Stvar (My Thing), Od Rodendana Do Rodendana (From Birthday To Birthday)

1998 album Djevojka Sa Sela (Country Girl): Djevojka Sa Sela (Country Girl), Prijateljice (Girlfriends)

1999 album Ja Samo Pjevam (I Just Sing): Ante, Ja Samo Pjevam (I Just Sing), Dodirni Mi Koljena (Touch My Knees), Da Si Moj (If You`re Mine), Daj Da Biram (Let Me Choose), Daj Mi Daj (Give Me, Give)

2001 album Pogled Ispod Obrva (Look Underneath The Eyebrows): Mala Je Dala (Baby Gave It Away), Mili Moj (My Dear), Pogled Ispod Obrva (Look Underneath The Eyebrows), Krivi Spoj (Wrong Match), Ajde Ajde Zlato Moje (C`mon, C`mon My Honey), Virujen U Te (I Believe In You)

2002 Greatest Hits album: Vrati Se Pod Hitno (Come Back Urgently), Ko Je Kriv (Who Is Guilty)

2004 album Severgreen: Hrvatica (Croatian Women), Adam & Seva

2006 ESC entry Moja Stikla (My High Heel)

2008 album Zdravo Marijo (Hail Mary): Gas Gas, Tridesete (Thirdes), Gade (Bastard), Zdravo Marijo (Hail Mary), Haljinica Boje Lila (Purple Colored Dress)

2009 singles: Ko To Pita (Who Is Asking), Lola
nyla
Manager

Postby Crazy4Brit » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:54 pm

Thank you, Nekoo and Nyla! :wink:
Crazy4Brit
Superstar

Postby irishguy28 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:59 pm

No Kosovo, Montenegro, FYROM?
irishguy28

Postby Crazy4Brit » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:21 pm

irishguy28 wrote:No Kosovo, Montenegro, FYROM?
I included Kosovo in Albania for the Language reason!

Anyway yes, + Montenegro and FYROM! :D

PS. This is NOT a political thread but a music one. We ONLY talk about music here. :)

Crazy4Brit
Superstar

Postby nyla » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:22 pm

Also from Croatia comes singer Vesna Pisarovic. She was very successful from 2000-2006, then she went to Den Hagg & London to study jazz singing, but now she is back and geting ready to record 2 albums, one pop and one jazz.

2000 album Da Znas (If You Know): Da Znas (If You Know), Ja Cekam Noc (I`m Waiting For The Night)

2001 album Za Tebe Stvorena (Made For You): Za Tebe Stvorena (Made For You), Da Je Meni (Oko Moje), Da Sutra Umrem (If I Die Tomorrow)

2002 album Kao da Je Vrijeme (Like The Time): Kao da Je Vrijeme (Like The Time), Sasvim Sigurna (Everything I Want), Bjezi Od Mene (Runaway From Me)

2003 album Pjesma Mi Je Sve (Song Is Everything To Me): Dolje Na Koljena (Down On Your Knees), Ljubomora (Jealousy), Spremna Sam (I`m Ready)

2005 album Peti (Fifth): Hypohondar, Neka ljudi Govore (Let People Talk), Tako Mi Nedostajes (I Miss You So Much), Ti Ne Znas Sto Je Ljubav (You Don`t Know What Love Is), Ti Si Kriv (You Are Guilty)
nyla
Manager

Postby grooveboy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:10 pm

grooveboy
Superstar

Postby Ahahuha » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:21 pm

I just HATE that kind of music. i mean total hate. cant stand it.
Ahahuha
Cult King

Postby aPod » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:23 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obYeho24 ... re=related

Loved Regina on Eurovision!

Goran Bregovic or Emir Kusturica!
SholasBoy is the nicest person in the entire world :)
aPod
Superstar

Postby grooveboy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Yeah, Regina was great last year at ESC but I don't fancy their other songs.

Emir Kusturica is a movie director :wink:
grooveboy
Superstar

Postby Dalmatin » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:31 pm

our friend aPod probably means Emir's work with the No Smoking Orchestra :wink:
Dalmatin
A Wolf At The Door

Postby aPod » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:41 pm

grooveboy wrote:Yeah, Regina was great last year at ESC but I don't fancy their other songs.

Emir Kusturica is a movie director :wink:
http://www.thenosmokingorchestra.com/wsw3/index.php?p=2

I love how some ukmixer have always the last word and are the smartest people in the world, yeah it goes for the eurovision topic too
aPod
Superstar

Postby Dalmatin » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:44 pm

was just trying to be helpful :P
Dalmatin
A Wolf At The Door

Postby aPod » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:45 pm

Dalmatin wrote:was just trying to be helpful :P
nah I dint mean you, I meant the one that doesnt check his friend (aka google) anymore
aPod
Superstar

Postby Ivica » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:03 pm

nyla wrote:Also from Croatia comes singer Vesna Pisarovic. She was very successful from 2000-2006, then she went to Den Hagg & London to study jazz singing, but now she is back and geting ready to record 2 albums, one pop and one jazz.

2000 album Da Znas (If You Know): Da Znas (If You Know), Ja Cekam Noc (I`m Waiting For The Night)

2001 album Za Tebe Stvorena (Made For You): Za Tebe Stvorena (Made For You), Da Je Meni (Oko Moje), Da Sutra Umrem (If I Die Tomorrow)

2002 album Kao da Je Vrijeme (Like The Time): Kao da Je Vrijeme (Like The Time), Sasvim Sigurna (Everything I Want), Bjezi Od Mene (Runaway From Me)

2003 album Pjesma Mi Je Sve (Song Is Everything To Me): Dolje Na Koljena (Down On Your Knees), Ljubomora (Jealousy), Spremna Sam (I`m Ready)

2005 album Peti (Fifth): Hypohondar, Neka ljudi Govore (Let People Talk), Tako Mi Nedostajes (I Miss You So Much), Ti Ne Znas Sto Je Ljubav (You Don`t Know What Love Is), Ti Si Kriv (You Are Guilty)
She is without a doubt best Croatian singer, love her <3 I recommend it her too.
Ivica
Legend

Postby jio » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:10 pm

Just a correction... Russian music is not similar at all to the music of all the other countries mentioned so Eastern Europe's music is not an appropriate title. A more appropriate title would be Balkans and Southeastern European & Middle Eastern music
jio
Legend

Postby grooveboy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:15 pm

aPod wrote:
nah I dint mean you, I meant the one that doesnt check his friend (aka google) anymore
Well I'm sorry if it looked like I was acting like a smartest guy in the world, I thought you mixed it with someone else, like Emir & Frozen Camels, much more popular musicians on this teritory.

Kusturica is worldwide known movie director, dunno about his music though. Have you seen any of his films?

Oh, and next time, try to control your sarcasm
grooveboy
Superstar

Postby aPod » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:32 pm

grooveboy wrote:
aPod wrote:
Well I'm sorry if it looked like I was acting like a smartest guy in the world, I thought you mixed it with someone else, like Emir & Frozen Camels, much more popular musicians on this teritory.

Kusturica is worldwide known movie director, dunno about his music though. Have you seen any of his films?

can't promise anything...

and I think turning it into a Slavic countries music!
I love slaves!
aPod
Superstar

Postby Dalmatin » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:36 pm

aPod wrote:I love slaves!
Hitler? :o
Dalmatin
A Wolf At The Door

Postby jio » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:45 pm

grooveboy wrote:
aPod wrote:

Kusturica is a director (apologies I didn't know he had a band I will check it out). I guess the music you are refering to is Bregovic or his band Bjelo Dugme which is really amazing and was featured on some Kusturica films such as 'The Time Of The Gypsies'. Check out classics such as Ako Ima Boga or Mesecina or Kustino Oro. If you are interesting on greek music you should probably check out Haris Alexiou, Pyx Lax, Alkistis Protopsalti for really good music instead of the Anna Vissi/Despoina Vandi crap
jio
Legend

Postby jio » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:55 pm

I love slaves!
Slavic countries' music and Balkans' music is not the same. The Balkan style (which is the type of music everyone is talking about here) is shared by non-slavic countries such as Romania, Moldova and Albania (and Kosovo if you consider it a country) and to certain extent by Greece, Turkey and Cyprus. On the other hand Slavic countries such as Czech Republic, Slovakia and others do not have this kind of music at all
jio
Legend

Postby aPod » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:57 pm

jio wrote:
I love slaves!
Slavic countries' music and Balkans' music is not the same. The Balkan style (which is the type of music everyone is talking about here) is shared by non-slavic countries such as Romania, Moldova and Albania (and Kosovo if you consider it a country) and to certain extent by Greece, Turkey and Cyprus. On the other hand Slavic countries such as Czech Republic, Slovakia and others do not have this kind of music at all
but there's something they all share...and I am sure you know what I mean

oh and di you know that the balkan style comes from klezmer music?
aPod
Superstar

Return to General Music Discussion