Favorite Quotes From Your Idols?

Moderators: tdc2000, biscuits

Postby leoapp » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:20 pm

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is.”
“If critics have problems with my personal life, it's their problem. Anybody with half a brain would realize that it's the charts that count.”
“My mother is Irish, my father is black and Venezuelan, and me -- I'm tan, I guess.”
Last edited by leoapp on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
leoapp
Legend

Postby Loverboy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:54 pm

Janet Jackson has some very interesting quotes...

“I can't believe people got so upset at the sight of a single breast! America is so parochial, I may just have to move to Europe where people are more mature about things like that!.”
“I used to hurt so badly that I'd ask God why, what have I done to deserve any of this? I feel now He was preparing me for this, for the future. That's the way I see it.”
But her true wisdom is on the lyrics of her songs (prior to 1998). She has written such incredible things alongside Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis.

Oh, how could I forget...
Mariah Carey about the title of her album "E=MC²":
"Einstein's theory? Physics? Me? Hellooooooo! ...Of course I'm poking fun."
:lol:
Loverboy
Superstar

Postby pollei » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:52 am

I love Mariah's diva personality :lol: :lol:
pollei
Legend

Postby dereon » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:13 am

More coming into my own. Being the captain of my own ship. Making my own decisions, not being afraid to make those decisions, leading a team instead of following one.
dereon
Legend

Postby pollei » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:22 am

Code: Select all
I'm rich, freakin' rich. It's crazy.
pollei
Legend

Postby irishguy28 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:01 am

dereon wrote:
    More coming into my own. Being the captain of my own ship. Making my own decisions, not being afraid to make those decisions, leading a team instead of following one.
Get that gurl on the Apprentice!
irishguy28

Postby RaFanatic » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:57 am

Well,this is my favorite quote(even its not from musicians),from Rafa Nadal:

I never claimed that nobody would see me as anything but a warm person, a human being of flesh and bone. I’ve always been normal, I cry like everyone else, I have my doubts, fears and emotions, like everyone else.
Pleasure over matter.
RaFanatic
Legend

Postby greek_boy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:25 pm

leoapp wrote:“My mother is Irish, my father is black and Venezuelan,
Oh i didn't know that!

:o
greek_boy
Legend

Postby Ska8er » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:27 pm

RaFanatic wrote:Well,this is my favorite quote(even its not from musicians),from Rafa Nadal:

I never claimed that nobody would see me as anything but a warm person, a human being of flesh and bone. I’ve always been normal, I cry like everyone else, I have my doubts, fears and emotions, like everyone else.
Great quote from Rafael!
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby RaFanatic » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:42 pm

Ska8er wrote:
RaFanatic wrote:Well,this is my favorite quote(even its not from musicians),from Rafa Nadal:

Great quote from Rafael!
Yeeeees :) He's the best.
Pleasure over matter.
RaFanatic
Legend

Postby AyuM » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:59 pm

Madonna

Madonna wrote:Everyone probably thinks that I'm a raving nymphomaniac, that I have an insatiable sexual appetite, when the truth is I'd rather read a book.
Madonna wrote:Catholicism is not a soothing religion. It's a painful religion. We're all gluttons for punishment.
Madonna wrote:I stand for freedom of expression, doing what you believe in, and going after your dreams.
Madonna wrote:I'm not interested in being Wonder Woman in the delivery room. Give me drugs.
Madonna wrote:Listen, everyone is entitled to my opinion.
Madonna wrote:Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another.
Madonna wrote:That consciousness is everything and that all things begin with a thought. That we are responsible for our own fate, we reap what we sow, we get what we give, we pull in what we put out. I know these things for sure.
Madonna wrote:I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.
<3
Madonna Addict
AyuM
Manager

Postby dereon » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:19 pm

Madonna seriously cracks me up!
dereon
Legend

Postby Woaah » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:55 pm

I don't like defining myself. I just am.
I know not everyone will like me, but this is who I am so if you don't like it, tough!
Woaah
Superstar

Postby leoapp » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:02 pm

Britney:

I love Jessica Simpson. I love her voice. She`s amazing. I have her CD, and I have Christina Aguilera`s CD. I have all of their CDs. They`re amazing. You know? I have a lot of respect for them. Anybody who can be in this business . . . the work is so ov...
I didn't know if she said this years ago :o
leoapp
Legend

Postby AyuM » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:20 pm

Those Britney quotes are so sweet. That's why I love that legend! <3
Madonna Addict
AyuM
Manager

Postby IAmWill » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:30 pm

"I'm not just another bimbo"
"You know, that’s funny that you mention that. This person [Lady Gaga] was just brought to my attention not too long ago. I’m not quite sure who this person is, to be honest. I don’t know if it is a man or a woman. I just wasn’t sure. I really don’t spend any time on the Internet, so I guess I live a little under a rock in that respect."
"Power to the Woohoo!"
"Wheres the Cannes film festival being held this year?"
"I think everybody should have a great Wonderbra. There's so many ways to enhance them, everybody does it."
"Whatever I do, it's my business. It's not my job to parent America."
Beyhive #5491
IAmWill
Superstar

Postby Merci » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:48 am

Mariah Carey definitely has the funniest quotes! once in an interview the host asked her about Martha Stewart jail drama, if she was guilty or innocent, and Mariah was like:

Oh I can't be saying who's guilty.. I barely turn on the tv, I'm like what happened? I thought she cooks, like what are we talking about?"
I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby oasisbobo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:30 pm

Noel Gallagher

'Everythings gonna be fine. Stay optimistic. If theres dark clouds coming up, theyll leave again. They always do. The world is round. Everythings round. The biggest invention of all times, the wheel is round. Things pass. Nothing will stay the same forever. No matter in how big a pile of shite youve gotten yourself - be it drugs, financial problems, **** up relations: youll get over it. Itll go away just like the weather.'
Well, that's the general plan! Buy an island ... build a big fence, keep the **** out. Maybe I'll wake up one day and think I'll want two kids and a wife but I can't see it, I'm too selfish. When I'm 50, am I going to be bankrupt and in rehab? I don't think about that. I just think about today and tomorrow. I don't believe in that ethic of live fast and die young – which is what the song Live Forever is about – I hope to live to be 390. But what will be will be. I believe everything is mapped out for you anyway. Nothing gets me down about life in general, nothing pisses me off. I'm ambidextrous, I write with my left hand and I play guitar with my right. I'm right-footed, I'm double-jointed in one elbow: I'm the most bizarre character ever. So nothing amazes me. If I see a spaceship land I won't get freaked out. I'll just say, "What kept ya?". As long as people keep buying the records and coming to the gigs, there's no point in being down about anything. We're not deep people, we don't worry about what's going to happen in five years' time. I might get up in the morning and inclination might take me to say, "**** it, I don't want to be in a band no more". You live and die by your decisions and I'll live and die by whatever decisions I make. But I'll still be laughing.
For me music is something very personal and spiritual, it comes from somewhere in my soul, it's in the air ... I'm not going to the studio to prove that I'm a better guitarist that Graham Coxon [of Blur] or a better composer than Thom Yorke [of Radiohead]-the older Gallagher brother maintains-. I think I'm good in many things, but not brilliant. I'm a good guitarist, but not great, I'm a good lyricist, but not great, I have a good voice, but no big deal. I don't know why there's such a special connection with the people, I can't explain why those kids were all day in front of the hotel screaming my name. I can't judge them either. I find it fascinating, because I don't see myself reflected in the person they see in me. They see me as a rock star, but I see myself quite normal.
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby Mack » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:22 pm

leoapp wrote:Britney:

I love Jessica Simpson. I love her voice. She`s amazing. I have her CD, and I have Christina Aguilera`s CD. I have all of their CDs. They`re amazing. You know? I have a lot of respect for them. Anybody who can be in this business . . . the work is so ov...
I didn't know if she said this years ago :o
That quote is from 2000, I believe.
Mack
Roadie

Postby RaFanatic » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:26 am

Another from Rafael Nadal,a short one buuuut:
You need a defeat to give value to your victories.
Pleasure over matter.
RaFanatic
Legend

Postby fercho34 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:41 am

Noel Gallagher's quotes are the best

We are the biggest band in Britain of all time, ever. The funny thing is, that fuc*ing mouthing off three years ago about how we were gonna be the biggest band in the world, we actually went and done it.
Someone was playing a joke when they made me, you know, 'Let's make this guy a writer and a guitar player, but let's make him write with his left hand but play with his right, and let's have him born in the middle of May and give him a Christmas name like Noel, and let's make him a dodgy, schizophrenic, two-faced Gemini.' Cheers!
We're not arrogant, we just believe we're the best band in the world.
I've got a bit of a headache, a bit of a lump gathering over my eye but if I have another 75 cigarettes and a couple of bottles of gin I'll be all right. I might go to sleep tonight.
With every song that I write, I compare it to the Beatles. The thing is, they only got there before me. If I'd been born at the same time as John Lennon, I'd have been up there.
fercho34
Manager

Postby fercho34 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:10 am

Morrisey's quotes are great too

Whenever I go past Mcdonalds I get very, very angry.
Doing nothing gives me great pleasure. And believe me, I succeed wonderfully in it.
When I'm lying in my bed I think about life and I think about death and neither one particularly appeals to me.
The Brits are ghastly. I never would accept a Brit. It would be like Laurence Olivier being happy getting a TV Times award.
Nothing is important, so people, realising that, should get on with their lives, go mad, take their clothes off, jump in the canal, jump into one of those supermarket trolleys, race around the supermarket and steal Mars bars and kiss kittens.
The public are losing interest. You can have a number one album these days with 30,000 sales, which is really pathetic.
In England, pop music seems now to be exclusively for children. If an artist is no good, why is it necessary to have that artist repeatedly rammed in our face?.
I've never intended to be controversial but it's very easy to be controversial in pop music because nobody ever is.
I lost myself to music at a very early age, and I remained there.
Music is like a drug, but there are no rehabilitation centres.
fercho34
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:35 am

I enjoyed reading all of Morrisey's quotes. My personal fave is:

"Music is like a drug, but there are no rehabilitation centres."
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Dreams » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:46 am

All of his quotes (except the last couple) are a bit miserable aren't they... but interesting read I suppose
Dreams
Manager

Postby heppolo » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:53 am

Liam Gallagher wrote:It's not Christmas and I am not f**king nine.
Liam Gallagher wrote:Little geezer workin' the kettle
Liam Gallagher wrote:If we'd got big in America... I'd be a proper c**t
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Return to General Music Discussion