Beats Headphones by Dre

Moderators: biscuits, tdc2000

Postby Eamon » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:27 am

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I was just wondering if anyone had purchased these headphones and what were their thoughts on them. I am seriously contemplating purchasing a pair as I have read they take music to another level "the way the artist wanted" us to hear and I think that would be amazing. They are pretty expensive and would be a big investment for a pair of headphones but if they are all they are made out to be then I would buy them in a heartbeat. But anyway I was just hoping some people could give me some feedback if possible?

Thanks
Eamon
Legend

Postby nekoocz » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:07 am

for a moment I thought this is another spam :oops:
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby Ska8er » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:24 am

I love these headphones! They look amazing and i really want to by a pair but they are too expensive and sensitive according to some!
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby Eamon » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:29 am

Ska8er wrote:I love these headphones! They look amazing and i really want to by a pair but they are too expensive and sensitive according to some!
Yeah thats what i've heard that they are too delicate and break easily if not looked after properly but they are supposed to sound amazing. I'd love if they brought my listening of music to another level like i've heard some people say they do. Will have to do some serious thinking.
Eamon
Legend

Postby alxx » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:37 pm

I nearly bought a pair, but the price ended up turning me off buying. I want the white studio ones, I listened to Ester Dean's Drop It Low on the one's in the shop and they are fantastic.
alxx
Legend

Postby Rickiee » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:19 pm

i have a pair of beats. The solo HD one, in white! I must say, the sound of the beats is GREAT. It makes me wanna hear all my albums in my beats, because the music sounds great. You hear things in the background, those little sounds you never hear in a normal pair of headphones! And ofcourse the BASS!! I know the beats are expensive, but they're worth it! If you hear Janelle Monáe's album The ArchAndroid on the beats, you don't want anything else!
Rickiee
Personal Assistant

Postby Eamon » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:07 pm

Rickiee wrote:i have a pair of beats. The solo HD one, in white! I must say, the sound of the beats is GREAT. It makes me wanna hear all my albums in my beats, because the music sounds great. You hear things in the background, those little sounds you never hear in a normal pair of headphones! And ofcourse the BASS!! I know the beats are expensive, but they're worth it! If you hear Janelle Monáe's album The ArchAndroid on the beats, you don't want anything else!
I bought the solos aswell yesterday cause they didn't have the studios in black and I wanted beats so bad so i just bought the solos. I was unsure about them at the start. I thought they sounded a little muddy but I boosted the treble in my ipod and they are perfect. The sound is amazing. You definately hear every part of the song and I sounds like you're in the studio while the artist is recording. I will definately get the Beats pro when they come out.
Eamon
Legend

Postby Merci » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:06 pm

I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby Eamon » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:08 pm

^ Yeah they are.

I actually bought the pros earlier on this year. The sound is so much better than the solo's.
Eamon
Legend

Postby Merci » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:11 pm

mimifan09 wrote:^ Yeah they are.

I actually bought the pros earlier on this year. The sound is so much better than the solo's.
yeah, I remember you posted about how good they are in the random thread!

I want one so bad but they're expensive.. are they really worth it?
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby Eamon » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:18 pm

Merci wrote:

I paid €320 for mine. I had just got a degree and hadn't bought anything for myself for a while so I treated myself and yeah I think they are really worth it.

The sound is crystal clear. You can hear everything so perfectly, little intricacies that I couldn't hear with any other ear or headphone. Nothing sounds muddy. I honestly feel like I'm in the recording studio listening to the track being recorded there in front of me. It makes the music so much more real. But they are such a luxury. I love them though. I couldn't listen to music with anything else now.
Eamon
Legend

Postby Merci » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:46 pm

mimifan09 wrote:I honestly feel like I'm in the recording studio listening to the track being recorded there in front of me.
Eargasm :o

I'm in no way an audiophile (my collection is 256 kbps) but this sounds amazing!

settled! :lol:
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby ThaInfo1 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:04 pm

I like my Beats Solo's that have great bass, and mids...the highs are a little iffy though. They also hurt my ears after a couple of hours wearing them though. These are the best bass I've heard in any headphones ever. (I'm pretty sure they're something else that tops them though, if someone knows of any, let me know).

I bought some Pro's one Ebay (Warning, avoid doing that if possible). It had a shortage in it but from what I could hear I wasn't to crazy about it. I think the sound is all around good, but I'm a BASS freak so I like a little extra boom boom. :)

I want to try the new executive one's http://www.beatsbydre.com/headphones/beats-executive/beats-executive,default,pd.html
But I absolutely HATE that you need a battery for them. I don't wanna buy batterys for anything else unless it's a remote to my TV. :lol: I'm over those days.
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Eamon » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:07 pm

^ I preferred the bass on the Pros to the solos. I just felt everything was far clearer with the pros. The solos sound so muddy now when I listen with them and then listen with the pros.

Merci wrote:
mimifan09 wrote:I honestly feel like I'm in the recording studio listening to the track being recorded there in front of me.
Eargasm :o

I'm in no way an audiophile (my collection is 256 kbps) but this sounds amazing!

settled! :lol:
I'm not an audiophile either (in fact I think some audiophile's despise beats :lol:) but once you go beats you won't go back. I have had several eargasms as a result of the beats.

Hope you enjoy them anyway. :D
Eamon
Legend

Postby kushi » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:37 am

I have Studio Beats and they're the best headphones I've ever used.
Thriller wrote:Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads
kushi
Legend

Postby oasisbobo » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:55 am

Bose headphones is where it's at!
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby larces » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:00 pm

kushi wrote:I have Studio Beats and they're the best headphones I've ever used.
+1

I tested the Solo Beats in a shop yesterday and Studio are far better :wink:
larces
Legend

Postby Guru » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:43 am

2 years ago I bought Studio beats. Sound, especially bass,is magnificent, and it has noise reduction for use on planes, amongst other places.

I bought the beats solo wireless in November and that is magnificent. Moreso from a portability and wireless playing perspective. The wireless ones also has a built in lithium battery and you get a USB charger with it as well. The built in battery can't be replaced personally. You'd probably have to take it in store to replace if there are problems. Battery life is said to be 10 hours but I feel it's longer. I use mine 7 days a week and I charge it every find week! Depending on usage off course!

I highly recommend these products! Especially if you are a music fanatic!
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Guru » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:51 am

Merci wrote:

Merci, when it comes to certain products, you are paying for quality more than anything. I can truly justify the premium price we all pay for this :P
And it will last you years with great care!!!
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Guru » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:57 am

PS Also in literal terms, the Solo ones are "on ear" headphones where as the pros are "over ear" headphones. Solos can feel slightly uncomfortable but almost unnoticeable!

What I love about both is when it's in you whilst listening, the person next to you can hear very vaguely. So you can blast it without annoying the person next to you :lol:
Guru
Guru

Postby truthless » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:20 pm

I also had a Thread about those Beat Headphones on this Thread.

I can say they are amazing. I purchased 8 months ago the Solo HD ones. Just epic. The best headphones I ever had.
truthless
Once in a lifetime

Postby Serby » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:31 pm

Does your ear shells hurt after wearing headphones for a longer time?
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby truthless » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:36 pm

Hm.. I once weared them for 4-5 hours when we had a long trip to Spain in a Bus.

My ear shells didn't really hurt.

Though sometimes they can feel uncomfortable but then just move them a bit and it will be fine.
truthless
Once in a lifetime

Postby Rihab » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:29 pm

I've always wanted to buy some really good headphones and as I have enough money at the moment I thought about getting Beats..
The Studio and the Wireless ones come into question for me.. Which ones sound better? And why on earth are the Wireless ones cheaper??
Rihab
Legend

Postby truthless » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:31 pm

Rihab95 wrote:I've always wanted to buy some really good headphones and as I have enough money at the moment I thought about getting Beats..
The Studio and the Wireless ones come into question for me.. Which ones sound better? And why on earth are the Wireless ones cheaper??
Studios obviously ;).
truthless
Once in a lifetime

Return to Mad About Music