Beats Headphones by Dre

Moderators: biscuits, tdc2000

Postby Rihab » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:32 pm

truthless wrote:
Rihab95 wrote:I've always wanted to buy some really good headphones and as I have enough money at the moment I thought about getting Beats..
The Studio and the Wireless ones come into question for me.. Which ones sound better? And why on earth are the Wireless ones cheaper??
Studios obviously ;).
Okay. And that's the only reason why they are more expensive or what? :lol:
Rihab
Legend

Postby truthless » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:33 pm

Rihab95 wrote:
truthless wrote:
Rihab95 wrote:I've always wanted to buy some really good headphones and as I have enough money at the moment I thought about getting Beats..
The Studio and the Wireless ones come into question for me.. Which ones sound better? And why on earth are the Wireless ones cheaper??
Studios obviously ;).
The wireless ones are the same as the Beats Solo ones. The solo ones doesn't hold a candle to the Studio ones. So yeah get the better one.

I still wish I bought the studio ones^^.
truthless
Once in a lifetime

Postby Rihab » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:35 pm

truthless wrote:
Rihab95 wrote:
truthless wrote:
Studios obviously ;).
The wireless ones are the same as the Beats Solo ones. The solo ones doesn't hold a candle to the Studio ones. So yeah get the better one.

I still wish I bought the studio ones^^.
Ah, thanks a lot. :wink:
Rihab
Legend

Postby AndiIversen » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:39 pm

Overpriced/Overvalued.

Best to go for Professional headphones, there are plenty of brands like AKG, Denon, Beyerdynamic, Audio-Technica,etc
AndiIversen
Legend

Postby Guru » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:01 pm

serbia95riri wrote:Does your ear shells hurt after wearing headphones for a longer time?
Even with extremely minimal discomfort from the solo's, your answer is no. No hurting whatsoever :P
Last edited by Guru on Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Guru » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:04 pm

AndiIversen wrote:Overpriced/Overvalued.

Best to go for Professional headphones, there are plenty of brands like AKG, Denon, Beyerdynamic, Audio-Technica,etc
These ARE professional headphones :wink:
See pics from #1 international hit makers, producers and artists from all over the world :wink:

And just by the way, these are market related priced :wink: Maybe you should do some research before blabbing jargon! Amazon will have all the comparisons you need :roll:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Guru » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:06 pm

Rihab95 wrote:
truthless wrote:
Studios obviously ;).
Wireless one is same size as solo headphones. Studio is one size bigger.
Studio is over ear and wireless/solos are ear (size wise) :wink:

Both are same price but both offer something unique. Wireless is...wireless. Studio has noise reduction for flying, etc.

You will never go wring with these!
Guru
Guru

Postby AndiIversen » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:34 pm

preyan wrote:These ARE professional headphones :wink:
See pics from #1 international hit makers, producers and artists from all over the world :wink:

And just by the way, these are market related priced :wink: Maybe you should do some research before blabbing jargon! Amazon will have all the comparisons you need :roll:
i should've said actual pro headphones then not hyped up "pro" headphones :roll:
and amazon comparisons ? :roll: :roll:
AndiIversen
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:35 am

I hope they make some studio beats without the need of a battery. I feel like the battery gives me 90's tease that I am not here for.

Postby LotsOfLove » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:00 am

I got those Heartbeats for Christmas :D
U know the ones designed by Gaga.
They're pretty good! :)
LotsOfLove
Manager

Postby Guru » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:25 am

ThaInfo1 wrote:I hope they make some studio beats without the need of a battery. I feel like the battery gives me 90's tease that I am not here for.
You mean like the Solo wireless one? With a built in lithium battery that you charge like a phone? :-?
But a Pro version?
Guru
Guru

Postby Guru » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:25 am

LotsOfLove wrote:I got those Heartbeats for Christmas :D
My next aim is for an in-ear earphone! :P
Not the Gaga one but the normal Beats ones :P
Guru
Guru

Postby truthless » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:46 am

preyan wrote:
I heard they aren't that good.

I bought in the past these ones: http://www.amazon.de/Monster-Turbine-In ... pd_cp_ce_1

And damn they were awful to be honest. The pricing was way too high but I really wanted to buy good ones this time around. But I immediately send them back and got my money back.

Yeah sure these aren't really Beats ones but Monster was the producer before so I guess they are pretty much on par.
truthless
Once in a lifetime

Postby Guru » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:14 pm

Yeah, considering Monster manufactures beats as well, I'd expect the same quality! Thanks for letting me know. I'll consider that when tempted to purchase one :-?
Guru
Guru

Postby ThaInfo1 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:20 pm

preyan wrote:
ThaInfo1 wrote:I hope they make some studio beats without the need of a battery. I feel like the battery gives me 90's tease that I am not here for.
You mean like the Solo wireless one? With a built in lithium battery that you charge like a phone? :-?
But a Pro version?
Yeah...They don't have to be wireless though. I would just hate to be taking a long trip and then my battery dies out and I can't use the headphones.

They have some new Executive beats that look pretty nice, but they're equivalent to the Studio ones and requires a battery.

Postby truthless » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:23 pm

What's the matter with those batteries? I mean why does it need batteries in the first place?

Puh. I'm glad I bought the HD Solo ones. These ones don't need batteries at least.
truthless
Once in a lifetime

Postby Guru » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:34 pm

ThaInfo1 wrote:
preyan wrote:
But a Pro version?
Yeah...They don't have to be wireless though. I would just hate to be taking a long trip and then my battery dies out and I can't use the headphones.

They have some new Executive beats that look pretty nice, but they're equivalent to the Studio ones and requires a battery.
But you can forget to charge your lithium battery and you're in the same boat :-?
The normal batteries are better though cause you will always be around shops and can just buy new batteries instead of waiting to go home and charge it? Or even worse, you go in vacation and forget your USB charging cable (though most mobile phone charges has the same charging outlet)

:-?
Guru
Guru

Postby Guru » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:37 pm

truthless wrote:What's the matter with those batteries? I mean why does it need batteries in the first place?

Puh. I'm glad I bought the HD Solo ones. These ones don't need batteries at least.
Im guessing here but I think because the Pro version has noise reduction (fact) that the batteries are required for them. I think.

I didn't know normal Solo HDs doesn't have any batteries at all? :o
That's cool! Not even a lithium battery, built in?
Guru
Guru

Postby ThaInfo1 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:20 am

preyan wrote:
truthless wrote:What's the matter with those batteries? I mean why does it need batteries in the first place?

Im guessing here but I think because the Pro version has noise reduction (fact) that the batteries are required for them. I think.

Nope that's why I'm bitching about the Studio headphones. :lol: Solo HD (I have a pair) don't require a battery. It doesn't have the noise reduction stuff on it but when your playing music I can't hear anything outside of it.

Only thing I hate about the Solo HD is that they hurt my ears after about an hour and half of use because of them sitting on the ears.

Postby Guru » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:16 pm

ThaInfo1 wrote:
preyan wrote:

Nope that's why I'm bitching about the Studio headphones. :lol: Solo HD (I have a pair) don't require a battery. It doesn't have the noise reduction stuff on it but when your playing music I can't hear anything outside of it.

Only thing I hate about the Solo HD is that they hurt my ears after about an hour and half of use because of them sitting on the ears.
You have big ears :lol: :lol: :lol:
Guru
Guru

Postby LotsOfLove » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:14 pm

truthless wrote:
preyan wrote:

Really? :o
Well I am happy with the ones I have.
I always had those IPhone ones, and the Gaga ones are obviously better
:lol:
LotsOfLove
Manager

Postby tada » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:35 pm

i wish i could afford them, i'm broke! :( :(
tada
Legend

Postby truthless » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:44 pm

LotsOfLove wrote:
truthless wrote:
preyan wrote:

Really? :o
Well I am happy with the ones I have.
I always had those IPhone ones, and the Gaga ones are obviously better
:lol:
The IPhone ones are utter crap. So it's normal that you find those gaga ones much better :p. Nah nothing against these ones. But I can't say I was pleasantly surprised by those in-ear earphones from Monster.
truthless
Once in a lifetime

Postby Guru » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:35 am

ThaInfo1 wrote:
preyan wrote:

Wireless are the best! No wires! Amazing!
Whats the difference between Solo and Solo HD? Is there a distinct difference in sound?
Guru
Guru

Postby truthless » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:49 am

I had the normal Solo ones. And currently, I'm using the HD ones.

I can say that the Solo ones sounded not that good to me. These ones kind of destroyed my favourite ballads and midtempo songs. They sounded stif and really bad in sound quality. Dubstep, Hip Hop or techno songs sounded still good on these ones.

The main difference is that the construction on the HD is alot more solid and durable than the normal solo ones. The HD one's also have more kind of sound quality and more depths. The bass is stronger and the overall sound is cleaner. Oh and ballads and midtempo's sounded amazing again.
truthless
Once in a lifetime

Return to Mad About Music