Beats Headphones by Dre

Moderators: biscuits, tdc2000

Postby Rihab » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:29 pm

Got the studio ones. I'll test them for a week and if I'm dissatisfied I'll bring them back. :lol:
Rihab
Legend

Postby truthless » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:44 pm

I wanted to push this thread since the beats company released new versions of the studio line and the solo line. Called Studio 2.0 and Solo2.

I think Beats is going for the right path. In the past, it was all about the washed out and overwhelming bass. There was no room for crisp sound and the clearance SUCKED much from the overusage of the bass.

But now -> The studio 2.0 headphones are amazing. The bass slowed down AMAZINGLY. Sure, it's still there. But the overall performance made a huge turn around -> Now more crisp and clear. I would even go far as to say that the studio ones can be compared to the V-moda M-100 headphones now. The V-moda's might still have an advantage regarding sound and it's indestructible material. But beats isn't in a huge disadvantage like in the past. Also -> The beats studio ones are MUCH more comfortable.

It's not about the brand anymore (Sure maybe still a bit). But also more about the sound.

Why are choosed the V-moda's to compare them with the Beats studio 2.0 headphones? Because the v-moda's m-100 are more audiophile and received rave reviews. I also had them and I was amazed with it's sound. Sadly, they were very uncomfortable which led me selling them. That was actually the only contra against these headphones. Also -> The V-moda's also do have a slight bass thing. (Although really great in the midst too).
truthless
Once in a lifetime

Postby ThaInfo1 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:37 pm

^I have the V Moda M-100 and I love them. They aren't the most comfortable but I like them a lot. I've gotten use to them.

Thinking about getting some Studio Wireless ones. I always wanted some sound cancelling ones so why not get some headphones will all the top qualities (I also have a couple of long band trips to make this upcoming semster so I want some).

Only thing that worries me is the build quality. While, I'm ok with them not being vitally indestructible like the VModa's, I don't want them to be flimsy either.

The titanium ones have been calling my name though...
I will NOT be ignored.
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby truthless » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:04 pm

Time to revoke my positive reaction of the new beats line (Or overall?).

As I already mentioned. The sound really improved. The issue here is the material... Like seriously. There were already 2 scratches after I only listened with them for like 1-2 hours each 2-3 times. A big WTH. For the price, the material do suck.

I seriously gave them back again. At the end of the day, the brand is still more about fashion and youngsters. The issue I also noticed with the new beats studio headphones was the little noise due to the active noice cancelling. I already said that it isn't that bad. But you will notice it on more acoustic songs. Might be an issue for a few people.

The V-moda's are superior. Sadly (And yeah I'm really sad about it :lol:) they are really uncomfortable. It obviously differs with every person. But it's not a good headphone for people with a slightly bigger head.

ThaInfo1 wrote:^I
Thinking about getting some Studio Wireless ones. I always wanted some sound cancelling ones so why not get some headphones will all the top qualities (I also have a couple of long band trips to make this upcoming semster so I want some).
As I said... The noise sound might irk you here :/. To me it wasn't that noticeable. But I still heard bits of it. The build quality isn't good imo. As I said... Scratches after a few days, even though I just listened to them while sitting lol.
truthless
Once in a lifetime

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:45 pm

^^^ :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I guess we will have to continue our search for great headphones will good bass (granted the Vmoda's don't bother me confort wise...but I haven't road tripped with them yet)
I will NOT be ignored.
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby truthless » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:14 am

True.

But I think I will settle down with the Beyerdynamic DT 770 headphones. I think I will receive my pair Wednesday. This time quality over brand. They are also cheaper. Really looking forward to them.

Not sure about portability though.
truthless
Once in a lifetime

Postby Guru » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:50 am

Even before Apple acquired Beats, there existed a loud contingent of audiophiles who were quick to dismiss Beats by Dre Headphones as overpriced pieces of junk with mediocre sound, at best. The popularity of Beats, they often argued, was nothing more than clever marketing ably masking a run of the mill product.

Marketing, as it turns out, was the one thing most everyone could agree Beats did exceedingly well. By getting its headphones into the hands of well-known sports stars and music personalities, Beats successfully crafted a brand image that conveyed luxury with a splash of street cred. But once we get past the Beats branding and look at the actual product itself, it turns out that Beats headphones aren’t quite as luxurious as you may have initially thought.

DON’T MISS: How Have You Survived This Long Without These 10 Brilliant Lifehacks?

In a recent post on Medium, Bolt prototype engineer Avery Louie tore down a pair of Beats by Dre Solo headphones and found that the luxury often associated with Beats (to the dismay of serious audio buffs) may ultimately be nothing more than a shrewd smokescreen.

How so?

Louie writes that Beats adds superfluous parts to its headphones in order to give their products more heft.

“One of the great things about the solo headphones is how substantial they feel,” Louie explains. “A little bit of weight makes the product feel solid, durable, and valuable. One way to do this cheaply is to make some components out of metal in order to add weight. In these headphones, 30% of the weight comes from four tiny metal parts that are there for the sole purpose of adding weight.”

beats solo headphones weight

Now to be fair, this is hardly the first time a company has done something like this to create an illusion of luxury. Still, it’s something to keep in mind before you fork over upwards of $200 for a pair of Beats Solo HD headphones.

Additionally, and as anyone who has purchased Beats headphones can attest, the ridiculously excessive and elaborate packaging, while wholly unnecessary if not downright frustrating, also serves to create the illusion that you’ve just purchased a truly high-end quality product. Incidentally, Louie’s writes that the costs of materials used in a pair of $200 Beats headphones comes out to about $16.90 (not including R&D or labor costs). Still, those are some margins that even Apple has to be impressed with.
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/beats-fool ... 39242.html
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Guru » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:45 am

Guys (and Gals), please help me.
I'm looking for waterproof earphones for swimming at gym. I'm looking for something that gives good audio underwater. Irrespective of price, what would you recommend!? I know Beats doesn't make them and not sure of Bose has any. Earphones to be precise.

Ta
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Guru » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:02 am

There's these new wireless BeatsX in ear earphones. How do they compare to PowerBeats Wireless :-?
I got the latter and the former just came out.
Guru
Guru

Return to Mad About Music