Does the music you listen decribe you?

Moderators: biscuits, tdc2000

Postby Loki0012 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:23 am

Hello guys, I was just wandering because I listen to tons of different music everyday, and so do you guys, so I was wondering is the music you normally listen to describe your attitude? your image of yourself? YOU?

For example I love Rock music, mainly indie/alternative coldplay,killers, phoenix etc. I also love few songs from pop artists Katy perry, Ke$ha etc. I love hip hop from kid cudi, kanye etc. punk music good charlotte, greenday ,paramore etc? what does that make me?

well if you guys could share this could be fun
MY PERSONAL CHARTS
NA NA NA NA OH OH
Loki0012
Superstar

Postby xtofer » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:43 am

I have an eclectic taste in music so it probably shows that i'm open-minded and 'versatile'.
xtofer
Legend

Postby FutureMan » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:00 am

Of course not :o :lol:
FutureMan
Superstar

Postby Leo92 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:01 am

Well, I listen to everything.
I love to listen to deep meaningful lyrics, but I also love to listen to uptempos and ''simple ballads''...so I'm not sure :-?
Leo92
Superstar

Postby Virgostar » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:22 am

xtofer wrote:I have an eclectic taste in music so it probably shows that i'm open-minded and 'versatile'.
I guess that sums me up too.
Let's embrace the point of no return.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby RaFanatic » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:30 am

Leo92 wrote:Well, I listen to everything.
I love to listen to deep meaningful lyrics, but I also love to listen to uptempos and ''simple ballads''...so I'm not sure :-?
Same :lol:
Pleasure over matter.
RaFanatic
Legend

Postby stevyy » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:31 am

my alltime favourite album is Butterfly by Mariah. so I do think that the music you love, defines you! I'm very sensitive and quiet so i guess my music reflects that pretty much.
stevyy
Legend

Postby JimJim » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:20 pm

Hmm, I'm not sure how well I would say my archives define me, but I imagine it does reflect a lot of people.

I do think people assume that I'm only into pop or dance music, because those are scenes that I'm most often found in. When the real case is that I'm very open-minded to music, and am open to vast variety of genres and don't mind whether music is mainstream or alternative.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby CrazyCrazy » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Yes it definitely does reflect my complex personality! 8-)
Why do I love you so if you're just a spec of dust, floating endlessly amongst the trillion stars?
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby SholasBoy » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:36 pm

Not at all, I think everyone would expect me to be into Britney, Cheryl Cole, Rihanna, all that crap like everyone else :P so they're surprised that I'm usually into music that most people I meet have never heard of.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby CrazyCrazy » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:40 pm

SholasBoy wrote:Not at all, I think everyone would expect me to be into Britney, Cheryl Cole, Rihanna, all that crap like everyone else :P so they're surprised that I'm usually into music that most people I meet have never heard of.
I think music has a connection to our deeper selves and the person you truly are not just the persona you carry off around others!? Or maybe I'm taking tosh!? :lol:
Why do I love you so if you're just a spec of dust, floating endlessly amongst the trillion stars?
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby PosziMC2 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:47 pm

YES! I'm Glitter 8-)
P=MC2's Top 20
Merci wrote:Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!
PosziMC2
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Yep! I like a lot of up-tempo, inspirational, songs which totally reflect my perky personality. :)
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Rickiee » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:09 pm

I don't know really.. I listen to a lot of music. From pop to noise rock, from singer-songwriter to glitch.. Like I saw in a post above, maybe i'm versatile and open-minded. That's true I guess.. Man, I wish i came to know something more excited than that I'm versatile and openminded :lol:
Rickiee
Personal Assistant

Postby CrazyCrazy » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:11 pm

Rickiee wrote:Man, I wish i came to know something more excited than that I'm versatile and openminded :lol:
Being open-minded and versatile tells me alot about you, I think they are amazing qualities! :wink:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Rickiee » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:26 pm

crazycrazy wrote:
Rickiee wrote:Man, I wish i came to know something more excited than that I'm versatile and openminded :lol:
Being open-minded and versatile tells me alot about you, I think they are amazing qualities! :wink:
Haha thank you! Sweet! :)
Rickiee
Personal Assistant

Postby oasisbobo » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:22 pm

I dont think so :)
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby Crazy4Brit » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:43 pm

SholasBoy wrote:Not at all, I think everyone would expect me to be into Britney, Cheryl Cole, Rihanna, all that crap like everyone else :P so they're surprised that I'm usually into music that most people I meet have never heard of.
Hey dude, there's something really wrong here.

"Britney" and "crap" are two kinds of words which don't sound well together. Something like "Britney" and "Quality" would be better, i think.

:lol: :lol:
Crazy4DaveFranco....ehm, i mean Brad
Crazy4Brit
Superstar

Postby Leo92 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:48 pm

Crazy4Brit wrote:

"Britney" and "crap" are two kinds of words which don't sound well together. Something like "Britney" and "Quality" would be better, i think.

Lol, I thought the same when I read his post
I was like ''What? :cry: ?''
Leo92
Superstar

Postby mattsky » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:59 pm

I know what you mean. People are shocked that I love different kinds of music :lol: On one hand my real life friends think that I'm only into alternative rock and rap, but on the other a lot of those who know me online think that I only like Khia and DC girls (Kelly, Michelle, Letoya, Bee, [Solange :D]). I love music and enjoy different sounds :D I'm a huge fan of musicians like for example Smashing Pumpkins, The National, Mariah Carey, Rasheeda, Shakira, Thalia, Notwist, Beirut, Auf Der Maur, Hole, Cher, Band Of Horses, Natalie Imbruglia, Kylie, Shawnna, Nine Inch Nails, Placebo, PJ Harvey, Tori Amos, Britney Spears, Jewel, Alanis Morissette, Whitney, Celine, Radiohead, Joanna Newsom, Eminem, Girls Aloud, Kings Of Leon, Janet Jackson, Lauryn Hill, etc
It's not an ordinary list :D
Happiness ain't prison, but there's freedom in a broken heart
mattsky
Superstar

Postby oasisbobo » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:00 pm

Leo92 wrote:
Crazy4Brit wrote:

I liked what I read :)
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby Crazy4Brit » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:13 pm

oasisbobo wrote:I liked what I read :)
Poor guy, you don't even have a good music taste. You need a help to get the right way!

:lol:
Crazy4DaveFranco....ehm, i mean Brad
Crazy4Brit
Superstar

Postby Leo92 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:14 pm

oasisbobo wrote:
Leo92 wrote:
Crazy4Brit wrote:

I liked what I read :)
No you didn't 8-)
Leo92
Superstar

Postby oasisbobo » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:24 pm

Crazy4Brit wrote:
oasisbobo wrote:I liked what I read :)
Poor guy, you don't even have a good music taste. You need a help to get the right way!

:lol:
:)
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby Loki0012 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 pm

Must be an audio book :D
MY PERSONAL CHARTS
NA NA NA NA OH OH
Loki0012
Superstar

Return to Mad About Music