Worst # 1 single in official chart (Your opinion)

Moderators: biscuits, tdc2000

 

Postby MrFawwaz » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:16 am

there is # 1 single in official british chart in 2001 that many people does not like.

i think it is hear'say - the way to your love. i had even read this on one forum before.
1 MALAYSIA, Rakyat Didahulukan, Pencapaian Diutamakan
MrFawwaz
Groupie
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013
Location: .my

Postby Tretastic » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:25 am

stevyy wrote:what's my name by rihanna & drake.. that's one of the worst recordings of all times.
That's my favorite song of All Time :/
Tretastic
Roadie
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013

Postby ShayLaB » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:04 pm

pomporella wrote:Sorry guys but Crazy Frog "Axel F" cover cancels every other disastrous song that reached #1 anywhere.
Even Mr Blobby and Bob the Builder?!??
User avatar
ShayLaB
Manager
 
Posts: 4228
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008
Location: Star Command

Postby Kai » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:08 pm

Robbie Williams - Rudebox (Germany 2006)
Kai
Manager
 
Posts: 3286
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013

Postby Timmy94 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:26 pm

Kai wrote:Robbie Williams - Rudebox (Germany 2006)
Actually I prefer that song to some of his big and signature hits :lol: ...
Last edited by Timmy94 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!
User avatar
Timmy94
Legend
 
Posts: 35805
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011
Location: Germany

Postby Kai » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:31 pm

Timmy94 wrote:
Kai wrote:Robbie Williams - Rudebox (Germany 2006)
Actually I prefer that song to some of his big nd signature hits :lol: ...
I think it's pretty much trash :lol:

But I love Tripping (#1) and She's Madonna (#4).
His other German #1 Bodies is also a bit overrated IMO.
Kai
Manager
 
Posts: 3286
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013

Postby Spartan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:33 pm

Kai wrote:Robbie Williams - Rudebox (Germany 2006)
Rudebox is amazing.
User avatar
Spartan
Legend
 
Posts: 28495
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009

Postby CrazyCrazy » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:34 pm

Spartan wrote:
Kai wrote:Robbie Williams - Rudebox (Germany 2006)
Rudebox is amazing.
No it's not. :lol:

I don't like many of Robbie's songs, Feel is nice though. :D
Why do I love you so if you're just a spec of dust, floating endlessly amongst the trillion stars?
User avatar
CrazyCrazy
Legend
 
Posts: 52952
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008
Location: UK

Postby Undercover » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:00 pm

The decline of the UK charts began with this:

Spitting Image - The Chicken Song

1986
User avatar
Undercover
Superstar
 
Posts: 5907
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania

Postby Virgostar » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:03 am

Spartan wrote:
Kai wrote:Robbie Williams - Rudebox (Germany 2006)
Rudebox is s***.
:P
Let's embrace the point of no return.
User avatar
Virgostar
Ex-Admin
 
Posts: 29064
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2001
Location: Somewhere else.

Postby taylorfan » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:08 am

for the US in 2013, I say Harlem Shake...
User avatar
taylorfan
Superstar
 
Posts: 5088
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012
Location: Switzerland

Postby Timmy94 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:38 pm

Virgostar wrote:
Spartan wrote:
Kai wrote:Robbie Williams - Rudebox (Germany 2006)
Rudebox is s***.
:P
It's simply ironic that I haven't heard the song in years and by the time you mention it on here I saw its music video on VIVA this morning :lol: .

I guess the people who like stuff like Feel and Angels didn't like Rudebox... People who didn't care for his other other stuff either missed this one as well or liked it. It's pretty much his American Life :lol: .
Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!
User avatar
Timmy94
Legend
 
Posts: 35805
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011
Location: Germany

Postby Kai » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:51 pm

^ Timmy please don't compare Rudebox to American Life, my fave Madonna album :lol:

But yeah I get what you mean :) .
Kai
Manager
 
Posts: 3286
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013

Postby Spartan » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:53 pm

Timmy94 wrote:I guess the people who like stuff like Feel and Angels didn't like Rudebox... People who didn't care for his other other stuff either missed this one as well or liked it. It's pretty much his American Life :lol: .
I like all of those songs, I just think it's nice that Robbie tried something different as opposed to being one of those acts who churns out the same crap every year.
User avatar
Spartan
Legend
 
Posts: 28495
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009

Postby matthew_dixon » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:30 pm

Nooooooo Undercover - "The Chicken Song" is brilliant!

Blobby and Teletubbies are really good calls. I'd have to say that we've all forgotten one of the most crash and burn No. 1s of them all "Wonderful" by Ja Rule, Ashanti and co. "OMG" is another very good call.
User avatar
matthew_dixon
Site Editor
 
Posts: 46854
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2001
Location: Cardiff

Postby biscuits » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:44 pm

'Wonderful' was so unexpected, completely out of the blue.

Summer 2003 wasn't great - 3 of a Kind - Baby Cakes. And Blazin' Squad's retched cover of 'Crossroads'. Can't remember if that was 2002 or 2003.
User avatar
biscuits
The Diva
 
Posts: 39373
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010

Postby stevyy » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:28 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:
Spartan wrote:
Kai wrote:Robbie Williams - Rudebox (Germany 2006)
Rudebox is amazing.
No it's not. :lol:

I don't like many of Robbie's songs, Feel is nice though. :D
Rudebox (the song) is nice.. it wins when performed live. A great song for Festivals too.

As for the Album, the Album is simply outstanding. So many timeless Evergreens like The 90's or The 80's. Or Dickhead. Oh I love it and him!

The worst #1 song of all times is Schnappi (Germany). So bad.
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 46542
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby Undercover » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:42 pm

matthew_dixon wrote:Nooooooo Undercover - "The Chicken Song" is brilliant!

Blobby and Teletubbies are really good calls. I'd have to say that we've all forgotten one of the most crash and burn No. 1s of them all "Wonderful" by Ja Rule, Ashanti and co. "OMG" is another very good call.
Maybe that is a great song to listen while drinking beer. :lol: Just note, that Sledgehammer, released at the same time, reached no higher than #4.
User avatar
Undercover
Superstar
 
Posts: 5907
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania

Postby CrazyCrazy » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:45 pm

Undercover wrote:
matthew_dixon wrote:Nooooooo Undercover - "The Chicken Song" is brilliant!

Blobby and Teletubbies are really good calls. I'd have to say that we've all forgotten one of the most crash and burn No. 1s of them all "Wonderful" by Ja Rule, Ashanti and co. "OMG" is another very good call.
Maybe that is a great song to listen while drinking beer. :lol: Just note, that Sledgehammer, released at the same time, reached no higher than #4.
Interesting, Sledgehammer is fab! Damn novelty records! :lol:
Why do I love you so if you're just a spec of dust, floating endlessly amongst the trillion stars?
User avatar
CrazyCrazy
Legend
 
Posts: 52952
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008
Location: UK

Postby Timmy94 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:37 am

stevyy wrote:The worst #1 song of all times is Schnappi (Germany). So bad.
Nooo... Schnappi was cute, what was really annoying was Schnuffel :lol: .
Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!
User avatar
Timmy94
Legend
 
Posts: 35805
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011
Location: Germany

Postby Spartan » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:12 pm

biscuits wrote:'Wonderful' was so unexpected, completely out of the blue.

Summer 2003 wasn't great - 3 of a Kind - Baby Cakes. And Blazin' Squad's retched cover of 'Crossroads'. Can't remember if that was 2002 or 2003.
I loved Crossroads, Baby Cakes was dead awful.
User avatar
Spartan
Legend
 
Posts: 28495
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009

Postby SholasBoy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:12 am

No at Party Rock Anthem, that's such a feel good track!

I'd say anything from the ridiculously large selection from Westlife. Various S Club 7 tracks, Boyzone, Ronan Keating's If Tomorrow.... , Katy Perry's I Kissed A Girl, Pink's So What, Chris DeBurgh's Lady In Red and loads of boring 80s power ballads.
User avatar
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher
 
Posts: 38340
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2002
Location: Leeds

Postby toni_pest » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:22 am

Roar. It's not exactly the worst, but damn, it's soooo mediocre and yet it got so huge.
:)
User avatar
toni_pest
Coming Soon
 
Posts: 31259
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007

Postby Fabian » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:40 am

"Macarena" by Los del Río
"Aserejé" by Las Ketchup (it reached number one in several countries)
"Achy Breaky Heart" by Billy Ray Cyrus (number one on the Country chart and also topped several european charts)
" Honey i'm Home" by Shania Twain
User avatar
Fabian
Groupie
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012

Postby Timmy94 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:33 am

Australia and NZ aren't part of Europe though :lol: .

What's so bad about Honey I'm Home :o ?
Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!
User avatar
Timmy94
Legend
 
Posts: 35805
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011
Location: Germany

Return to Mad About Music