2 and more copies of album/single in your collection

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, tdc2000

Postby DoctorClaw » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:32 pm

Anything I've bought more than once has usually been by accident. Ok the reasons some people buy multiple copies of something have been explained but I wouldn't bother myself. I suppose you really do have to be a die-hard fan to get it.
DoctorClaw
Roadie

Postby CrazyCrazy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:19 pm

Only Anastacia's Heavy Rotation ~ I got it on my lunch break the day it was released in Woolworths, I'd forgotten I'd preordered it! :lol: So I had 2 copies but I also downloaded it from iTunes because my cd drive wouldn't rip the disc!! So technically I have 3 copies! :lol:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Fan » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:12 am

UKMusicLova wrote:I once bought Beverley Knight's 'Music City Soul' twice by accident. I still to this day am not sure how it happened, I'm sure the quantity was one.
I had the exact same thing with Cheryl Cole's Three Words! :lol:

I do have two copies of Girls Aloud's Chemistry and Out Of Control, but they are not the exact same one as they are normal and deluxe editions.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby biscuits » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:42 am

I bought 'All For You' twice because the album booklet became tatty from my first copy.

I may re-purchase 'The Velvet Rope' one of these days because the case is broken for the copy I have.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby DoctorClaw » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:43 pm

biscuits wrote:I may re-purchase 'The Velvet Rope' one of these days because the case is broken for the copy I have.
Why not just buy another case? :-? Even if you are wanting an identical case to the one that's broken they're not that hard to get hold of.
DoctorClaw
Roadie

Postby NothingFails » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:21 pm

I think a lot of people who are shocked at the idea of having multiple copies are those who've only bought one format in their life. There are many titles I own both on CD and vinyl. And I had a lot of cassette tapes when I was younger too, though most of those were upgraded to cd.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby deasy55 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:44 pm

I have more important things to be spending my money on. I would rather have something to eat for dinner than purchase a Lady Gaga album for the 223rd time.
deasy55
Personal Assistant

Postby menime123 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:16 pm

I have over 200 Madonna albums: vinyls, cassettes, CDs, Limited Additions, and the by country. It's amazing to see them all together, but they're all under lock and key :lol:

Just don't get me started on how many offer singles I've got...

I think I started buying multiple copies of singles when I was around 14 for other artists though. If I'd been a fan from their very first single, I'd buy CD1 and CD2. I remember it started when Popstar the Rivals was on TV, and Girls Aloud and The Guy group had their singles out: my friend told me off for buying both, so I went and bought CD2 of Girls Aloud to make up the numbers :lol:
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby Chun » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:06 am

NothingFails wrote:I think a lot of people who are shocked at the idea of having multiple copies are those who've only bought one format in their life. There are many titles I own both on CD and vinyl. And I had a lot of cassette tapes when I was younger too, though most of those were upgraded to cd.
This. I had Enya's Watermark on cassette, it was the first music I bought. 20 years later, I bought the CD.
Chun
Legend

Postby NejcIV » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:59 am

4x Beyonce - Dangerously in Love
4x Beyonce - B'Day
3x Beyonce - 4 (planning on buying another copy soon)

:lol: :D
NejcIV
Manager

Postby firefairyangel » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:23 pm

Personally, I don't understand the need to buy multiple copies. I know some people tend to say it's so they can have one for the car, one for home, etc. which kind of makes sense.

I'm the opposite though, I refuse to buy more than one copy of an album if the majority of the tracks are identical. Which has caused me a lot of frustration with certain artists (Beyonce, Rihanna, Toni Braxton, etc.) who re-release with a few even better songs that I would have wanted. I guess I could download them, but I still listen to most of my music on CD and would find it annoying to have to find the song on my computer everytime I want to listen (I also don't have any kind of mp3 player, nor do I have any interest in one). Generally now, I wait until I find out if there's going to be a rerelease or deluxe edition before I buy anything. It's annoying, but rereleases are too common now.

The only reason I would ever buy an album I already have is if the disc was damaged to the point where it wouldn't play. If there was a better/deluxe version, I'd replace it with that. But then, I think I'd still have some issues with that (I need to replace my first 2 Harry Potter books because they're getting worn out, but every time I stop myself and think "Well, you already have it...")
firefairyangel
Manager

Postby Graham76man » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:39 pm

I'm getting a lot of dupilcates at the moment due to Amazon. You can download from there music video's, but you have to buy a bundle to get the video. The bundle such as Pixie Lott's new one, has WMV file (unprotected) and several tracks of the same song. I looked at I-Tunes, but video's there are protected and you can't put them on a DVD disc, so I wouldn't buy from there.
Musn't grumble, the entire bundle costs just £1.49, not bad when one download track is 89p there!
Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!
Graham76man
Manager

Postby ThomyX » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:52 pm

I have 2 copies of 'The Fame' by Gaga. :)
Last edited by ThomyX on Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThomyX
Superstar

Postby crazyman324 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:36 pm

2 x Oops I Did It Again
2 x Britney
2 x In the Zone
3 x Blackout

2 x I'm Not Dead

That's about it.
crazyman324
The Ringleader

Postby floria » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:07 pm

From many singles and albums I have more than two copies.

Born This Way ERA:

GaGa - Born This Way 50 (Amazon), 1 (iTunes), 11 (CD US version) + 1 DE (German CD) + 1 DE (Vinyl) = 64 copies

GaGa - Born This Way = 20 (iTunes) + 2 (CD Single) + 1 (Vinyl single) = 23 copies
GaGa - Judas = 7 (iTunes) + 1 (CD Single) = 8 copies
GaGa - The Edge of Glory = 7 (iTunes) + 1 (CD Single) = 8 copies
GaGa - You and I = 5 (iTunes) = 5 copies
floria
Cause I'm comin' at you like a dark horse

Postby crazyman324 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:01 pm

You bought 64 copies of Born this way? :-?
crazyman324
The Ringleader

Postby floria » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:04 pm

crazyman324 wrote:You bought 64 copies of Born this way? :-?
Yes.
floria
Cause I'm comin' at you like a dark horse

Postby NejcIV » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:31 pm

well most of them were for less than a dollar, so it doesn't really count :lol: :lol:
NejcIV
Manager

Postby crazyman324 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:34 am

floria wrote:
crazyman324 wrote:You bought 64 copies of Born this way? :-?
Yes.
Surely more money than sense, n'est pas?
crazyman324
The Ringleader

Postby Bolicheman » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:42 am

Well,
When The Fame Monster came out, i bought 24 copies of it from best buy, cause they were for a school prize winning thing and the school paid me for it! And i have also
12 Copies of Bad-Michael Jackson (IDK WHY) parents had bought the originals in 1987, and i bought like 8 when he died lmao.
10 Copies of Thank Me Later by drake
I have bought the born this way single 20 times when it was released, i bought the how to love single 14 times when released, i bought teenage dream single 17 times and i bought like alot of that Marvin's room song by drake. And like a bazillion copies of eminem's Not afraid. Talk about hardcore sales! And im 99% sure i only kept one copy of each on my itunes from those songs that i bought. :P
LA Baby! F.U.C.K yeah!
Bolicheman
Manager

Postby Dior » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:55 am

NejcIV wrote:well most of them were for less than a dollar, so it doesn't really count :lol: :lol:
:lol:
Bsquared wrote:I hate to disagree with you @Dior because you are so handsome.
Dior
Manager

Postby SOS7 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:31 am

Kelly Clarkson - My December
1 physical copy
1 digital copy
SOS7
Superstar

Postby DoctorClaw » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:54 am

I think there are some record labels (and artists for that matter) who deliberately cash in on this buying multiple copies culture by re-releasing albums with the minimum of tweaks and often within quick succession of each other.

A recent example would be Dizzee Rascal's "Tongue 'n' Cheek". Cheek being the operative word perhaps?
DoctorClaw
Roadie

Postby AlexZ » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:31 pm

+ Sugababes - Taller In More Ways (2 copies)
+ Sugababes - Three (2 copies, if cassette counts)
Heidi Range - Change Your Wicked Ways
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4XpC8BEE1I
Heidi Range, you are my angel and I love you.
AlexZ
Manager

Location: In wonderful place, where Alex and Heidi Range are happy together

Postby Shorty » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:46 am

Adam Lambert - For Your Entertainment

I have the original release already and last week I bought the tour edition, cos it has all the bonus tracks and a DVD :D

Does having both the original and the re-release of Girls Aloud's SOTU album count? :-? :lol:
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Return to General Music Discussion