BoyBands- The Appreciation Thread

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, tdc2000

Postby GetBack » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:38 pm

Westlife is great, but sadly, they didn't have that crossover appeal. I mean, in the international arena, you have to stand out too with the personalities, likeability and charisma. In their case, they were more serious, ballad-heavy, etc. I don't know, maybe Simon wanted to form a boyband that wasn't as wild or upbeat as 5ive or something to that effect.
GetBack
Legend

Postby zs3088 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:45 pm

GetBack wrote:Westlife is great, but sadly, they didn't have that crossover appeal. I mean, in the international arena, you have to stand out too with the personalities, likeability and charisma. In their case, they were more serious, ballad-heavy, etc. I don't know, maybe Simon wanted to form a boyband that wasn't as wild or upbeat as 5ive or something to that effect.
I think that is exactly the point - Simon wanted for them to be different than all other boybands you mentioned - they were famous for their ballads.

The thing is, they had a decent amount of uptempo/midtempo songs as well like Hit You With The Real Thing, Imaginary Diva, The Easy Way, How To Break A Heart, No One's Gonna Sleep Tonight etc that no one heard besides their fans because they were album tracks - but like you said, they had the successful reputation of doing ballads which is what Simon wanted in my opinion - because of that, they stood out - they weren't a copy of Backstreet Boys, Nsync, Boyzone or Take That.

However, Westlife had likeablity and charisma - everyone could see that during their interviews and especially on tour.
zs3088
Roadie

Postby Shorty » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:00 pm

zs3088 wrote:
stevyy wrote:I listened to Blue's Roulette.. it's so-so album.. too many fillers.
I agree with you... it has some nice midtempo songs like Hurt Lovers, Without You, All I Need, Risk It All and Black Box, but I hate that they went with generic dance lame songs like Paradise and We've Got Tonight, Sing For Me. And I absolutely hate Heart on a Sleeve because they used auto-tune - why?! Why use that when they have great voices?
Black Box is crap, seriously. For one thing, it's a freaking COVER (of Stan Walker, this NZ singer) and two, it's just dull. It's my least favourite song on the album.

I actually prefer the upbeat stuff to the midtempo on the album (except for All I Need which is gorgeous and Risk It All), and a bit of autotune never hurt anybody. Heart On MY Sleeve (lol get the title right :P) is awesome.

I was never a Westlife fan. I do have their first album, but the only song I love from it is Seasons In The Sun. They were just not interesting enough for me I'm afraid :-?
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby zs3088 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:22 am

Shorty wrote:Black Box is crap, seriously. For one thing, it's a freaking COVER (of Stan Walker, this NZ singer) and two, it's just dull. It's my least favourite song on the album.

I actually prefer the upbeat stuff to the midtempo on the album (except for All I Need which is gorgeous and Risk It All), and a bit of autotune never hurt anybody. Heart On MY Sleeve (lol get the title right :P) is awesome.

I was never a Westlife fan. I do have their first album, but the only song I love from it is Seasons In The Sun. They were just not interesting enough for me I'm afraid :-?
I am aware that Black Box is cover, but I still like it. Besides, I never heard the original before so I don't care. Sorry for misspelling the title of the Heart On My Sleeve, no need to making fun of me :wink: As I said, I really LIKE the song, but they completely ruined it for me when they used auto-tune for the ENTIRE song, it is not a little. They used a little on All I Need, this is whole way through.

The reason why I dislike Paradise, We've Got Tonight and Sing For Me is because lyrics are lame - I like vanilla chicks and cocoa, seriously? :D And I Paradise has repetitive chorus and annoying rhythm But I do like Ayo because of great melody.

Keep in mind this is my opinion, you don't have to agree with me.
zs3088
Roadie

Postby Shorty » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:46 pm

zs3088 wrote:
Shorty wrote:Black Box is crap, seriously. For one thing, it's a freaking COVER (of Stan Walker, this NZ singer) and two, it's just dull. It's my least favourite song on the album.

I am aware that Black Box is cover, but I still like it. Besides, I never heard the original before so I don't care. Sorry for misspelling the title of the Heart On My Sleeve, no need to making fun of me :wink: As I said, I really LIKE the song, but they completely ruined it for me when they used auto-tune for the ENTIRE song, it is not a little. They used a little on All I Need, this is whole way through.

The reason why I dislike Paradise, We've Got Tonight and Sing For Me is because lyrics are lame - I like vanilla chicks and cocoa, seriously? :D And I Paradise has repetitive chorus and annoying rhythm But I do like Ayo because of great melody.

Keep in mind this is my opinion, you don't have to agree with me.
Well, my opinion is that Black Box is pile of crap and the boys should have never touched it. For what it's worth, I don't think the original is that great either lol. It's going to be the next single (apparently), but I think it's a terrible decision, it's a completely blah song and one of the worst things they've ever done IMO.

And I wasn't making fun of you, I just think it's silly to say something about a song and not even get the title right :wink:

I haven't heard Sing For Me cos the album hasn't been released on iTunes where I live, so I had to download it illegally and I can't find the iTunes bonuses for the life of me :(

Paradise is the second worst song on the album, but it's better then Black Box cos it's an original song.

My favourite is Break You Down, but it's so dirty it'll never be a single :lol: Ayo is my second favourite.

And just like you, this is my opinion and you don't have to agree with me :P
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby zs3088 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:18 am

Shorty wrote:Well, my opinion is that Black Box is pile of crap and the boys should have never touched it. For what it's worth, I don't think the original is that great either lol. It's going to be the next single (apparently), but I think it's a terrible decision, it's a completely blah song and one of the worst things they've ever done IMO.

And I wasn't making fun of you, I just think it's silly to say something about a song and not even get the title right :wink:

I haven't heard Sing For Me cos the album hasn't been released on iTunes where I live, so I had to download it illegally and I can't find the iTunes bonuses for the life of me :(

Paradise is the second worst song on the album, but it's better then Black Box cos it's an original song.

My favourite is Break You Down, but it's so dirty it'll never be a single :lol: Ayo is my second favourite.

And just like you, this is my opinion and you don't have to agree with me :P
I agree that Black Box shouldn't be a single - there are far batter single potentials on the album like Without You, All I Need, Ayo or Break My Heart.

However, I read that Black Box is supposed to feature Bruno Mars, so I am interested to hear that if it is true.

Let me get this straight - just because I misspelled the name of Heart On My Sleeve song, you think I shouldn't comment on it and it is silly? That IS silly to me because the title is not important, the song itself is. If I named it Heart On Fire, I still had the right to comment the song. I know you are not making fun of me, but you ticked me off a little. Sorry, it is just how I feel.

Yes, Break You Down is great, but like you said - it is way too dirty to be the single :lol:

On the side note - in We've Got Tonight, I find it annoying when Duncan sings "*uck me like you supposed to, cause you supposed to" - there is no need to be this cocky, arrogant and explicit. :lol:

You can download Give Me A Shot and Sing For Me on the site urbanmusichq.com

I could give you the link but I'm to sure if I am allowed. Go to the albums - it is on the 2nd page. :wink:
zs3088
Roadie

Postby Wolfsmagik » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:38 am

What Kpop boybands do you guys like? For me i was never interested in them. I prefer the Kpop girl groups. :D
Wolfsmagik
Manager

Postby Shorty » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:58 pm

zs3088 wrote:Let me get this straight - just because I misspelled the name of Heart On My Sleeve song, you think I shouldn't comment on it and it is silly? That IS silly to me because the title is not important, the song itself is. If I named it Heart On Fire, I still had the right to comment the song. I know you are not making fun of me, but you ticked me off a little. Sorry, it is just how I feel.
Dude calm down, it was only a joke hence the little :wink: face.

I always laugh at that stupid line in Break You Down where Dunc sings "put your legs behind my head" :lol: I mean it's like WTF where the heck did these ridiculously sexual lyrics come from? :o

And thanks, I'll go track them down :D

Wolfsmagik wrote:What Kpop boybands do you guys like? For me i was never interested in them. I prefer the Kpop girl groups. :D
Me too. I don't like any Asian boybands, they're not my thing. Much prefer the girls!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby zs3088 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:02 pm

Shorty wrote:Dude calm down, it was only a joke hence the little :wink: face.

I always laugh at that stupid line in Break You Down where Dunc sings "put your legs behind my head" :lol: I mean it's like WTF where the heck did these ridiculously sexual lyrics come from? :o

And thanks, I'll go track them down :D
I'm not a dude, I'm a girl :)

Oh yes, that line s also stupid, you are right :lol:

There is no need for these sexual lyrics in my opinion. Besides, if they are thinking to release Break My Heart - which I think they will at some point as they said that song is one of their favorite ones - they know they will have to change the lyrics when it comes to Simon's line "he's **** you"

Tell me what you think about Sing For Me - it hasn't grown on me - the melody annoys me A LOT after a while and the lyrics are crap again. I know it is a party song - I love the songs like that - but is not a very good one, in my humble opinion :wink:
zs3088
Roadie

Postby heppolo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:09 pm

Take That still is my number one boyband ever.
To make such a comeback is an achievement itself.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby MusicLover88 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:03 pm

BSB >>>>>
Unlike other things that wither, she preserves. She’s a constant in a world of relentless flux. She’s a beacon of immortality. Bitch, she’s Madonna.
MusicLover88
Manager

Postby flopho » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:43 pm

This is still the best boy band song of all times
Shame on me for changing...no, shame on you for staying the same
flopho
Legend

Postby TIfan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:52 pm

Boyz 2 Men/Backstreet Boys>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..
TIfan
Legend

Postby MusicLover88 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:26 am

TIfan wrote:Boyz 2 Men/Backstreet Boys>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..
Yas to both!!
Unlike other things that wither, she preserves. She’s a constant in a world of relentless flux. She’s a beacon of immortality. Bitch, she’s Madonna.
MusicLover88
Manager

Postby heppolo » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:57 am

Can't make a comeback though.
BSB were good back in the day
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby RLAAMJR » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:47 pm

I love a lot of boybands especially the boybands from the 90s. Bht my favorite will always be the australian boyband "Human Nature". I just love the way the sing because yoy can really feel the emotion. Thats why everytime i hear their version of eternal flame, i couldnt help but cry. Even when they sing faster songs, like "when we were young", it makes me cry, theres something in them that when you see them or see them sing on music videos thats unique and different from how other boy bands sing.
Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby MusicLover88 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:27 pm

heppolo wrote:
Can't make a comeback though.
BSB were good back in the day
No1curr
MusicLover88
Manager

Return to General Music Discussion