Undercover's alternatives

Moderator: tdc2000

Postby Undercover » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:23 pm

Hi there. Over the last few years I used to post my favourite new (and not so new) songs here along with the personal retro chart. Now, when my vintage chart has ended, Personal Charts forum doesn't match my theme content anymore. Therefore, I had to move here.

Usually I'm searching for the new songs on various music magazines/blogs/zines. Each song will be provided with the audio/video link and the short review from the original source.

There’s a nauseating physicality to Morning, Abi Reimold’s song. It’s a knot in your stomach, a pinched nerve, emotions caught in your throat. (Stereogum)
Abi Reimold - Morning

Adelaide's Electric Exiles are drawing on influences from garage rock sounds from the 60s, 70s and 90s. (Little Indie Blogs)
Electric Exiles - A Dizzy Fashion

The solo project of former Eraas man Robert Toher, Public Memory recorded Ringleader while in LA – away from Toher’s actual home of Brooklyn. Darkness prevails on the track, like Massive Attack’s ghoulish ‘Risingson’ given a makeover by Pure X. (NME)
Public Memory - Ringleader

Soda is a trio from Gainesville, Fla. At the center of their new 12" EP, Without a Head, "Blonde on Blonde" is an ethereal highway ripper, splitting the difference between drawling snarl and featherlight tones. (Pitchfork)
Soda - Blonde On Blonde

The band are based in the East London area of Homerton, a bunch of starry-eyed bandits whose take on psychedelia thrives on sludge and heavy duty guitar power. 'Beta Male' is online now, and it's sheer neolithic hedonism - lysyergic, primitive and tribal, you can tune in below. (Clash Magazine)
Ulrika Spacek - Beta Male

Albums of the week

Cheatahs - Mythologies
Deerhunter - Fading Frontier
Slim Twig - Thank You For Stickin' With Twig
YACHT - I Thought The Future Would Be Cooler
Last edited by Undercover on Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Undercover
Superstar

Postby NothingFails » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:34 pm

Nice idea of a thread since I like checking new stuff out but sometimes opening threads for every discovery doesn't always work since others may not share the same enthusiasm. Will check the songs out later and tell you what I think
NothingFails
Legend

Postby heppolo » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:16 pm

Electric Exiles - A Dizzy Fashion is the best one here
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby oasisbobo » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:21 pm

Fantastic! I love discovering new music.

I have a thread where I share some of my favourite unsigned music from Scotland. Current artist of the week is Black and White Boy.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=111448
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby Undercover » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:04 pm

Thanks for visiting, guys :) ! Discovering new music is such a great thing. It's like fishing, requires a lot of time and patience. But when you catch your big fish... :lol:

I'm a regular heppolo's personal chart visitor, will visit oasisbobo's thread for sure. Especially as Scotland not only has excellent football fans, but also a lot of great music acts. :)

January 6

Capital Coast is the five-piece from Wollongong in New South Wales. The alt-psych/surf sounding 'Spacehead' is one that grabs you immediately with its laid-back spacey guitar vibe and infectious vocals. (The Line Of Best Fit)
Capital Coast - Spacehead

Eleanor Friedberger has shared a new song from her third solo album, New View, which comes out at the end of the month. “Sweetest Girl” is a bit of a misnomer of a title, as there’s not much really sweet about it. Friedberger sings over muffled instrumentation, which was recorded live-to-tape with producer Clemens Knieper. (Stereogum)
Eleanor Friedberger - Sweetest Girl

The return of London/Berlin duo The KVB is drenched in the aesthetics of forgotten 80s indie. All early House Of Love dynamics, Nicholas Wood’s vocals are delivered cocksure, but there's also an icy, androgynous air to proceedings, while the track's bullish intro pushes it even further in that pre-baggy Creation Records direction. (NME)
KVB - In Deep

"Adore" creaks like a colossal ship, and spends most of its first three minutes pooling in dark circles; it's closer to post-rock than any of Savages' prior frenzied assaults. That is, until Savages push their knack for tension to extremes at the mid-point of "Adore". From there, Savages raise the dead, scaling Mogwai-level mountainous highs. (Pitchfork)
Savages - Adore

So Pitted are a Seattle-based trio signed to Sub Pop, and their debut album ‘neo’ is one of 2016’s early head-turners, a first work that brings an eerie sense of purpose to sludgy, rough-edged punk. The group deal in strange abstractions on their first work, employing dark, chugged guitar lines and vocals that sound like they’ve been zapped in a mad scientist’s lab. Capable of hypnotising and exploding in one fell swoop, they bring something different to the table. Case in point - ‘Feed Me’, a bizarre twist on guitar-led norms. Feedback plays as much of a part as the slimy, dragged-out pace. (DIY Magazine)
So Pitted - Feed Me
Undercover
Superstar

Postby heppolo » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:08 pm

Eleanor Friedberger has shared a new song from her third solo album, New View, which comes out at the end of the month. “Sweetest Girl” is a bit of a misnomer of a title, as there’s not much really sweet about it. Friedberger sings over muffled instrumentation, which was recorded live-to-tape with producer Clemens Knieper. (Stereogum)
Eleanor Friedberger - Sweetest Girl

Also got into my daily chart :)
heppolo
Legend

Postby oasisbobo » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:23 pm

Undercover wrote:Thanks for visiting, guys :) ! Discovering new music is such a great thing. It's like fishing, requires a lot of time and patience. But when you catch your big fish... :lol:
Definitely like fishing. What a great way to put it!
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby Undercover » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:45 pm

January 7

Distorted psych with elements of shoegaze, Job Done manages to absorb these influences while somehow retaining a ferocious sense of individuality. Belfast duo's Exmagician new album 'Scan The Blue' will be released via Bella Union on March 25th. (Clash Magazine)
Exmagician - Job Done

"No Good"? Don't you believe it. This may be the title of Manchester trio False Advertising's latest track, but underneath both the song, and the just unveiled visuals, are more than alright. Watch as the spiky trio, Chris Warr, Josh Sellers and Jen Hingley, opt for some karaoke as they cover themselves on the song's fuzzy grunge, slacker riffs and poppy melodic vocals. (The Line Of Best Fit)
False Advertising - No Good

Yeasayer’s new album Amen & Goodbye is indeed coming out this year, in April. And the deeply trippy “I Am Chemistry” video, directed by New Media Limited, is out now. The song is a churning groove that packs a whole lot into its five minutes: A percussive rhythmic base, a proggy synth excursion, and what sounds like a children’s choir singing over a florid piano. (Stereogum)
Yeasayer - I Am Chemistry
Undercover
Superstar

Postby heppolo » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:36 pm

False Advertising is great :)
heppolo
Legend

Postby navi » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:36 pm

My first post (and many more to come) in your new topic.
my stats says
Most active topic:RETRO TOP 20 + NEW FAVES by Undercover
(366 Posts / 7.34% of your posts)
so, in a year and a few months this topic could be my new favorite topic :wink:

You found some great new music (as always),
and the best ones of these are
Ulrika Spacek - Beta Male
KVB - In Deep
So Pitted - Feed Me
Exmagician - Job Done
My year(s) in lists by Ivan (2008 - 2013)
navi
Superstar

Postby Undercover » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:50 am

navi wrote:My first post (and many more to come) in your new topic.
Welcome to my old boat in a new port. :lol:

January 8

Helsinki’s Black Twig just dropped the first single from their upcoming album, Blaze on a Plain. It is set for release in April via Soliti. "1998” bursts with jangly guitar licks and slacker rhythms; it feels like the 90s got freshened up. (The Dadada)
Black Twig - 1998

Later this months, idiosyncratic Brooklyn pop greats Chairlift will release Moth, their third album and their first since 2012’s Something. Now they’ve shared a song called “Crying In Public.” It’s a lush, warm, twitchy tune with a whole lot going on, both melodically and production-wise. It’s honestly possible that Caroline Polachek’s voice has never sounded better than it does on this song; she’s sad and wistful and playful and powerful all at once. (Stereogum)
Chairlift - Crying In Public

Produced by Gavin Monaghan and released on February 5, a return for the Birmingham outfit we first featured here three years ago. Fusing dubstep and electro in what they call 'melancholic indie', helmed by Chris Newey's distinctly Brummie vocals. (Little Indie Blogs)
Cold Fields - Wasted

The London newcomers have a neat line in shoegaze - think the charm of early Beach Fossils, the languid textures of Slowdive - but throw in a little grit along the way. (Clash Magazine)
Whistlejacket - Duck Soup

Jouk Mistrow are one of those bands who magically take you straight into the studio. No fancy gimmicks, just a direct route - everything is audible, guitar leads being plugged in, heads nodding in sway to a new idea. Their ‘DEERS’ number comes off like an ultra-wired version of Warpaint, raising life out of an eerie, post-punk nodding back and forth. (DIY Magazine)
Jouk Mistrow - Deers

Lead track from the debut EP 'Automatic Hypnotist' - released last month on War Room Records - by Liverpool’s fast-rising sextet who are drawing comparisons from Nick Cave to Ian Curtis - and much interest. (Little Indie Blogs)
RongoRongo - Faster/Rots

Synth-pop harmonizers St. Lucia have just released a new track called “Love Somebody.” Taken from their forthcoming sophomore studio record, Matter, which will also feature the single “Dancing on Glass,” the song is a synth-based slow burn with obvious ’80s-pop nostalgia baked right in. (Spin)
St. Lucia - Love Somebody
Undercover
Superstar

Postby heppolo » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:00 am

Black Twig and Whistlejacket are my picks today
heppolo
Legend

Postby navi » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:28 pm

Whistlejacket - Duck Soup 8-)
Jouk Mistrow - Deers 8-)
RongoRongo - Faster/Rots 8-)

the first one is a this week new on the CDNX Radio playlist
the later one is on his 6th week on
(disappointed that you don't follows my thread :wink: )
navi
Superstar

Postby Undercover » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:29 pm

navi wrote:(disappointed that you don't follows my thread :wink: )
I'm regularly following the Amazing Radio Playlist thread (by your recommendation :wink: ) and their Top 40 at amazingtunes. Yesterday (after 1-week hiatus) they had 3 great new entries that I have never heard before. Songs by Eerie Wanda, Meilyr Jones and Love Ssega. :)

As for CDNX Radio playlist, I think that I have followed this at the beginning, but somehow stopped, well, maybe because I didn't find any unknown songs... Ok, deal, I'll be back. :)

January 11

Epsilona are an up-and-coming indie rock band hailing from California. This project equates to a splash of psychedelic and a tablespoon of soul; all baked on a cerebral loaf of curiosity. They yield a dynamic rhythm section and guitar melodies that creates a sound that pulls from multiple influences such as Tame Impala, Minus the Bear, and Toro Y Moi. (The Mad Mackerel)
Epsilona - Think About It

The band is the brain child of Dion Nania (formerly of Panel of Judges) – a musician who splits time between Melbourne and NYC. Dion recruits musicians from wherever he is currently based for Free Time’s albums. The tune is whimsical and dreamy. A sliding guitar riff, simple but efficient drums – everything clicks. No one is in a hurry, which makes for a leisurely listen. (Weirdo Wasteland)
Free Time - Who Owns The Moon?

Norwegian singer-songwriter Anne Lise Frøkedal. "The Sign" is a song from Frøkedal’s forthcoming debut LP Hold On Dreamer (released 26 February). (Q Magazine)
Frøkedal - The Sign

After months of hints and teasing, the first single from the Last Shadow Puppets’ second LP — one of our most anticipated releases of the year — has finally arrived. “Bad Habits” comes with a Ben Chappell-directed video featuring Alex Turner and Miles Kane performing together and getting up to no good, and the song itself is a brash, slitheringly groovy thing with an insistent bassline and some string section flourishes courtesy of maestro Owen Pallett. (Stereogum)
Last Shadow Puppets - Bad Habits

The black-clad Hull group deal in a sneering, ferocious sucker-punch of punk-rock - a mission statement that’s perfectly presented in ‘Popular Music’, their new single. (DIY Magazine)
Life - Popular Music

With emoji literacy at an all-time high, it feels like an appropriate time for NYC electro-pop duo Prince Rama to declare it "The Time of Emotion." This lazer-laden single follows the news of a forthcoming album from neo-classical noisemakers Taraka and Nimai Larson, the women behind the moniker. Discovered by Avey Tare of Animal Collective at a Texas dive bar, the sisters Larson make a psych-tinged strain of dance pop self-described as "now age." (Noisey)
Prince Rama - Now Is The Time Of Emotion

Combining the scratchy guitars of Gang Of Four with the danceable indie-rock of Franz Ferdinand, Shiners single Pressure rides a melody that David Bowie would be proud of. (The Mad Mackerel)
Shiners - Pressure

Albums of the week

Guy Garvey - Courting The Squall
Nothing But Thieves - Nothing But Thieves
Oberhofer - Chronovision
Young Rival - Interior Light

Honourable mention

!!! - As If
Enemy - It's Automatic
Hoosiers - The Secret Service
Undercover
Superstar

Postby heppolo » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:24 pm

As you've seen, I liked Last Shadow Puppets. I should also mention Free Time and Epsilona as nice one.
In general the start of January looks a bit disappointing
navi wrote:Whistlejacket - Duck Soup 8-)
Jouk Mistrow - Deers 8-)
RongoRongo - Faster/Rots 8-)

the first one is a this week new on the CDNX Radio playlist
the later one is on his 6th week on
(disappointed that you don't follows my thread :wink: )
I'm quietly following it :)
heppolo
Legend

Postby navi » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:40 pm

heppolo wrote:In general the start of January looks a bit disappointing
oh no, it isn't
(there's at least 10 great songs around)
what do you expect, a dozen masterpieces a day? :wink:

three great ones from 11 jan
Epsilona - Think About It
Last Shadow Puppets - Bad Habits
Life - Popular Music
navi
Superstar

Postby heppolo » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:18 pm

navi wrote:
heppolo wrote:In general the start of January looks a bit disappointing
oh no, it isn't
(there's at least 10 great songs around)
what do you expect, a dozen masterpieces a day? :wink:
I'm not that keen even on those songs which are highlighted by Undercover and my chart. They're good but far from being masterpieces (I'm thinking in the annual year-end chart perspective)
heppolo
Legend

Postby Undercover » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:53 pm

I agree that the start of January is bit slower than a year ago, but we have a 12 months marathon ahead, and slow start means nothing. :)

January 12

Hailing from Gothenburg, Sweden, Animal Daydream are a duo offering songs that are reminiscent of later Teenage Fanclub and Fleet Foxes, but also borrow liberally from the sound of ’70s soft rock, particularly Fleetwood Mac and CSNY, with their strong vocal harmonies and overall smooth, almost slick production. (The Mad Mackerel)
Animal Daydream - Citrus

Bob Mould, the man who rocks so hard the ceilings can’t hold him, will continue his “third act resurgence” with a brand new album later this year. Set for release on March 25th via Merge, Patch the Sky follows Mould’s 2014 record Beauty & Ruin. The LP’s lead single, “Voices in My Head”, is built on a warm and welcoming guitar strain, a bright line that highlights Mould’s slightly sad vocals. (Consequence Of Sound)
Bob Mould - Voices In My Head

The title-track from Doug Tuttle’s forthcoming album It Calls On Me, is a tightly wound rocker that brings to mind a folk rock private press from 1974. Something you’d find in the second-hand bin of a small town Northern Californian record store. The music of Tuttle nods to the past of Gene Clark, the Byrds and Fairport Convention but adds it’s own jittery love-lorn anxiety and fractured psych pop. (Noisey)
Doug Tuttle - It Calls On Me

From their self-titled, self-released debut EP, Sydneysider brothers Plastic Birds offer lead cut 'I Wonder'. A perfect skywashed psych piece from the Australian two (Ben on vocals/guitars, and Simon doubling up on keys and drums), the track incorporates an array of sounds from sitar and an Indian drum called a pakhawaj, to fuzzy guitar across just under three minutes of psych richness. (Little Indie Blogs)
Plastic Birds - I Wonder

Boston psych-rock wanderlusters Quilt drops the new song “Roller.” The warped guitar grooves, weird sweeps, and (yes!) cowbells are a wonderful but discordant backdrop for Anna Fox Rochinski’s venting of frustrations trying to maintain relationships as a wanderer by nature. (Stereogum)
Quilt - Roller

Toronto based musician Shallow Waves, is releasing his debut album Situations on January 15th. Weaving in and out of various genres, involving alternative rock, surf, garage rock and influenced by shoegaze of the early 90s, it is a creatively thought out, melodically noisy and relentlessly loud. (The Mad Mackerel)
Shallow Waves - Tired

"Sun City Creeps," is first single from Woods' upcoming album, City Sun Eater In The River Of Light. The song's low-slung mariachi horns, pensive drumming, prickly lead melody and hints of rhythm-guitar wah-wah/'70s-cop-show-theme intrigue create an atmosphere that the group has never previously explored. (NPR)
Woods - Sun City Creeps
Undercover
Superstar

Postby heppolo » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:28 am

I'd pick Bob Mould and Shallow Waves
heppolo
Legend

Postby navi » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:13 pm

heppolo wrote:I'd pick Bob Mould and Shallow Waves
Completely agree
(after quite some time :wink: )
Glad that Bob Mould, one of my all time music heroes still going strong 8-)
navi
Superstar

Postby Undercover » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:44 pm

Sorry, guys, was very busy yesterday. Finished listening to new songs at 1:30 am and was too tired to post them (I have to get up at 6 am for work).

Yesterday's papers, January 13 :)

Dream pop viewed through a prism of distortion, the Toronto-based duo's releases to date - sometimes DIY, sometimes not - build up into an atmospheric and deeply unique world. (Clash Magazine)
Beliefs - Leave With You

The Paris-based producer Bianca Casady (half of the sister duo CocoRosie ) has released her track, “Daisy Chain. This tune is beautifully morbid, and its morbidity lies equally in the instrumentation as it does the lyrics. (Music Ninja)
Bianca Casady - Daisy Chain

Rock bands tend to take excellent pop songs and turn them into scuzzy, try-hard pieces of garbage, but that’s not the case with this cover. Dilly Dally transform “Know Yourself” into something entirely their own while still honoring a fellow Torontonian’s vision. (Stereogum)
Dilly Dally - Know Yourself

Over the past four years, North-East siblings Peter and David Brewis have threaded their way through one extra-curricular project after another but were inevitably drawn back to working together on their own songs. The space that Field Music vacated in those four years still appears to be empty. No one else really does what Field Music do: the interweaving vocals, the rhythmic gear changes, the slightly off-chords, but with the sensibility that keeps them within touching distance of pop music. (XS Noize)
Field Music - Disappointed

Set for release on February 19, the now London-based, Limerick-raised singer has created something with 'Enough' that manages to be both poppy and ethereal at the same time. An alt-pop soundscape with electro bleeps, tribal rhythms, a smattering of strings and Jane's softly delivered vocals combine to make 'Enough' an interesting and unusual package. (Little Indie Blogs)
Fraser Jane - Enough

Kite are already at the centre of enormous hype in their native Sweden. The duo apply a futuristic sheen to everything they do, with their luxurious brand of synth pop coming with an ambitious edge. New single 'Up For Life' is a case in point. Nine minutes of billowing, inspiring, breathtaking production. (Clash Magazine)
Kite - Up For Life

Lionlimb is a duo comprised of songwriter Stewart Bronaugh and drummer Joshua Jaeger. Their debut album Shoo, which comes out March 4 on Bayonet Records, is supported by single “Domino,” a Bowie-inspired funk sound buttressed by brass and booming drum groove. The song shifts and swells across nearly four minutes propelled forward by Bronaugh’s ballad-built vocals. (Paste Magazine)
Lionlimb - Domino

Ontario dream-pop duo Memoryhouse are revving up for the release of their latest LP Soft Hate, and they’ve teased the upcoming album with another new track. “Sarah” is a swoon-worthy slice of echoing, gloom-pop. Synths swirl behind singer Denise Nouvion’s angelic, melancholic croon on the new song, transporting listeners into a dreamlike state. (Exclaim!)
Memoryhouse - Sarah

Light Years, Dark Years is the debut EP from Denver’s Plum, a band that seamlessly fuse the vintage psychedelic 60s aesthetic of Cream with more modern sounds reminiscent of bands like The Strokes and even Foxygen. (The Mad Mackerel)
Plum - Light Years, Dark Years

The second song we’ve heard from Porches’ Domino Rec. feels appropriately immersive and enticing. It kicks off with a throbbing pulse that carries through to the rest of the track, sharp pinpricks that don’t seem to leave a mark. (Stereogum)
Porches - Be Apart

A pout is a strange facial expression—it takes muscle to make that perfect curvature of the bottom lip, a gesture of adolescent annoyance or feigned attraction. And it's in that fine line between sweet sensuality and melancholy where Pouty finds its sugary garage pop sound. "Sad" is a great example of this: it embraces the sad girl aesthetic, to look pretty when you cry. (Pitchfork)
Pouty - Sad

Yuck will release a new album called Stranger Things next month, and the lead single continues to demonstrate the British trio’s tremendous knack for ’90s-inspired fuzz-pop. Specifically, “Hearts In Motion” reminds of Transmissions From The Satellite Heart-era Flaming Lips, what with its arching chorus melody and chugging rhythm and that pile of overdriven guitars. (Stereogum)
Yuck - Hearts In Motion
Undercover
Superstar

Postby heppolo » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:51 pm

I like Pouty and Beliefs
heppolo
Legend

Postby navi » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:39 pm

Undercover wrote:Sorry, guys, was very busy yesterday. Finished listening to new songs at 1:30 am and was too tired to post them (I have to get up at 6 am for work).
How are you functioning?
i'm going to bed around 10.30-11.00.

Yesterday's papers, January 13
Great, great day 8-)
i don't know why is Heppolo moaning
enough great songs for a whole week

Beliefs - Leave With You
Dilly Dally - Know Yourself
Kite - Up For Life
Yuck - Hearts In Motion
these are the best, the rest not far away
navi
Superstar

Postby Undercover » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:07 pm

navi wrote:How are you functioning?
I'm functioning with this kind of fuel :

navi wrote:Great, great day 8-)
enough great songs for a whole week
:)

January 14

The third single from the 1975’s new album, “The Sound,” trades tight funk grooves and stretched-elastic guitars for a crystalline disco-house feel not that far removed from Justice and Daft Punk. For better or worse, it reminds of the early MGMT/Passion Pit blog era. (Stereogum)
1975 - The Sound

Part of a burgeoning Irish scene that continues to spawn young and seemingly brilliant, vital bands, psych-rockers Altered Hours may well take their place on a wider scale with latest release Silver Leather. Melodic, abrasive, dual girl-boy vocals, a Sonic Youth and White Heat-era Velvets approach to atmospherics, guitar tone and crashing feedback, and the indefinable that is all of their own making. (The Mad Mackerel)
Altered Hours - Silver Leather

Canadian psych-rockers Pet Sun’s brilliant new EP Shade Driver is a doom laden, stoner garage starter kit fully equipped with some riffs, some poppy goodness, and a bit of doom. (The Mad Mackerel)
Pet Sun - Zenifer

Undercurrents of classic bands like The Psychedelic Furs, Sonic Youth, The Cure, The Chameleons and Echo and the Funnymen, can be heard in Supermarket, the latest from their semi-monthly singles series. With a swirling, textured depth, and anchored by a solid backbeat, a driving riff, and a catchy vocal melody, it has much to commend it. (The Mad Mackerel)
Silence Kit - Supermarket

The new EP from N.Y.C.-based indie-pop project Ski Lodge, New Life, is due out on February 26 via Old Flame Records. The new single "Crush Your Heart" has the kind of expansive, heart-thumping sound that's reminiscent of '80s new wave. It's like if The Psychedelic Furs and the Eurythmics teamed up to make a really uplifting song about dying alone. (Fader)
Ski Lodge - Crush Your Heart

The English alt-rock outfit States Of Emotion are due to release the LP Black & White To Gold on the 15th of February. A dank shiver descends into the room as States Of Emotion lead the listener into a cold damp cellar of a forlorn wretched Dickensian poor-house. I Broke The Mould reflects of society in which the tentative connection between the ‘have’ and the ‘have-nots’ has become an inane mantra of PR soundbites. (Emerging Indie Bands)
States Of Emotion - I Broke The Mould

The driving, tense guitars and pulsing rhythm of Never is another excellent example of Auckland trio's sinewy, guitar rock. (The Mad Mackerel)
Street Chant - Never

Weezer have confirmed the release of their next studio album. Rivers Cuomo and co. will add a new color to their palette of albums by releasing The White Album on April 1st. The White Album spans 10 tracks including last year’s singles “Thank God For Girls” and “Do You Wanna Get High?”. To accompany the announcement, they’ve shared the video for another album track, “King of the World”. (Consequence Of Sound)
Weezer - King Of The World
Undercover
Superstar

Postby heppolo » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:21 pm

I adore Street Chant since "Frail Girls". The new song is also great :)
I also like Pet Sun and States of Emotion
heppolo
Legend

Return to Rock & Alternative