Moderator: tdc2000

Postby Storyteller » Thu May 11, 2017 12:31 am

New album coming in the Autumn!
https://m.facebook.com/Evanescence/

Interesting! Only two new songs though :(
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Jesper » Thu May 11, 2017 3:43 am

This sounds perfect, my dream was already for them to go experiment more with orchestral music, after TOD, now they completely reworked their songs, this sounds amazing. It sounds like we will not even be able to hear back most of the songs in the way we are used to, so I am really excited!
Jesper
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu May 11, 2017 7:39 am

YAS! When i woke up a few hours ago and checked facebook, that announcement was the first thing i saw and i was soooooooooo excited!

Finally new Evanescence. And this whole project actually sounds pretty awesome!

I already loved most of her solo work, like that soundtrack she did ("Aftermath") so i'm sure this album will be awesome as well. And just imagine songs like "My Immortal", "Lithium" or "Bring Me To Life" with orchestra :o I mean, this will slay.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Airwrecka » Thu May 18, 2017 5:55 pm

I'm totally here for this.
❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby Jesper » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:38 pm

Evanescence return this fall with Synthesis, their fourth studio album, slated for a Fall 2017 release. The group today, August 14, announced the “Synthesis Live” tour will launch this fall beginning October 14 on the west coast (confirmed dates below). Like the album, “Synthesis Live” will feature a reimagining of some of Evanescence’s best-loved songs with the spotlight on full orchestra, electronics combined with the band and Amy Lee’s virtuoso piano and voice.

“This is a total passion project for me. There are so many layers in our music, underneath the huge drums and guitars,” explains Amy Lee of Evanescence. “I’ve always wanted to shine a light on some of the gorgeous David Campbell arrangements and programming elements in our songs, and that idea snowballed into completely re-doing them with full orchestra, not just strings, elaborate programming and experimentation. This will be our first time touring with orchestra and I’m so excited to perform this way-really focus on the vocals, and the emotion and the story we’ve built over the years. I’m also really excited about the new material on the album. Besides the two new songs, there are some really beautiful instrumental in-between moments. The whole thing flows like a big, dynamic soundtrack.”

“Synthesis Live” fan and VIP pre-sales are on-sale beginning Tuesday, August 15 with general on-sale–beginning Friday, August 18. Every ticket sold will come with a download of the new album, Synthesis when it is released later this fall. As an added bonus, ticket buyers will also receive songs from the album prior to the album’s release date, beginning with a stunning new reworking of the band’s biggest hit, “Bring Me To Life,” which will be available for download to all ticket buyers as well as on streaming services and in digital stores beginning this Friday (August 18).

A variety of VIP ticket packages are available to ensure fans obtain the best seats in the house. Other VIP benefits include the opportunity to meet and enjoy a champagne toast with the band, attend their soundcheck, and receive exclusive merchandise items.

The two-time, GRAMMY® Award-winning group is currently in the studio finishing the new album through August with producers Will Hunt and orchestra arranger and composer David Campbell. In addition to the re-imagined catalog songs, the forthcoming Synthesis album will feature two new Evanescence songs.
https://www.evanescence.com/news/new-al ... live-tour/

Only US dates as of now
Jesper
Legend

Postby Jesper » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:12 pm

Jesper
Legend

Postby RafaelLopez » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:53 pm

oh my god, i'm so excited for this project :o

can't wait for 'Bring Me To Life' on Friday :D
RafaelLopez
Personal Assistant

Postby Tansike » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:00 pm

While it's nice to see all band members on the album cover, i would have liked the pic with just Amy much more. Still an awesome cover! :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:54 pm

Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Tansike » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:34 am

^ it's not as good as i was hoping for. The orchestral sound is nice but there's something missing...

I'm also surprised they didn't put the album up for pre-order already.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Jesper » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:14 am

The new BMTL version sounds weird on one side, since she exactly does all the adlibs etc. in the same way she does the song life currently.
I kinda wish there was also a choir inside, it would have been epic had a choir took over the 'male parts' from the 2nd chorus and onwards.
Jesper
Legend

Postby Jesper » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:08 am

Jesper
Legend

Postby Cmyk » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:18 am

The first single is Imperfect unfortunetly.
Cmyk
Manager

Postby Jesper » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:37 am

I am most excited about Lacrymosa currently and Hi-Lo, the latter is a song they recorded for the album they did with producer Steve Lillywhite they scrapped before they recorded their 3rd selftitled album
Jesper
Legend

Postby Jesper » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:13 am

They are touring Europe and Australia for this album WITH orchestra beside the US :cry: I NEED TO GET TICKETS
Jesper
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:18 am

Love the 'new' cover, and the song which came out today is quite good as well. Well, it's not as orchestral as expected to be honest, but it's still quite good.

Really happy with "Lithium" being there, oh and "My Heart Is Broken". "My Immortal" and "My Heart Is Broken" were obvious picks too.

They are competing against Taylor Swift. Not that they would have had a chance for #1, but it still seems a bit unlucky to me.
Tansike
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:17 am

For casual fans this is a pointless release. I like Imperfect, though. It's a return to form.
BlueScorpion
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:50 pm

"Imperfection" is utterly horrendous. Damn, they are so lost.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Jesper » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:13 am

Just got tickets to see them live with orchestra in Amsterdam :cry:
Jesper
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:29 am

Jesper wrote:Just got tickets to see them live with orchestra in Amsterdam :cry:
Tickets are on sale in two days here, i really hope i can go to see them in Switzerland. They are coming to a pretty 'small' hall to my surprise :(
Tansike
Legend

Postby Jesper » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:06 am

Tansike wrote:
Jesper wrote:Just got tickets to see them live with orchestra in Amsterdam :cry:
Tickets are on sale in two days here, i really hope i can go to see them in Switzerland. They are coming to a pretty 'small' hall to my surprise :(
I got tickets through a presale with code I got from their german webshop after pre-ordering the album
Jesper
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:01 pm

Mmh. They go on tour?

That's nice! Hopefully, they will play close to where I live.

Congrats, Jesper, for gettinf tickets
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:07 pm

WTF
Only Stuttgart?! Amsterdam is even closer to me Oo
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby SalBoy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:31 pm

BMTL again why?
Meaning of Grammy - album of the decade!!!
SalBoy
Roadie

Postby Tansike » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:31 pm

Jesper wrote:
Tansike wrote:
I got tickets through a presale with code I got from their german webshop after pre-ordering the album
Oh cool, i had no idea there was such an option. Well, i hope i'll be lucky on friday. They're one of the artists i've never seen before but are a 'must' to see for me.
Tansike
Legend

Return to Rock & Alternative