Jack White | Boarding House Reach

Moderator: tdc2000

Postby Jonathan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:55 pm

Jack White's had a lot of time between now and 2014's Lazaretto. He made another record with The Dead Weather, co-wrote "Don't Hurt Yourself" with Beyonce for Lemonade, helped make the roots-music documentary American Epic for PBS with T Bone Burnett and Robert Redford, opened a vinyl plant in his hometown and continued to release records on his label Third Man at a fast clip. That's not only a lot of work, but a lifetime's worth of experience to absorb, and that list barely scratches the surface.

Maybe that explains this teaser video for Jack White's upcoming album, Boarding House Reach, which currently has no release date. It is a psycho-collage of sound; boom-bap, White's signature guitar fuzz, White's not-yet-signature rapping style, old-school R&B, ragtime piano, damaged beats and oscillator balladry are all broken up by seconds of harsh noise. Sometimes, it appears to collapse on itself.

Maybe his comments from an early November appearance at the Making Vinyl conference in Detroit helps to explain: "It's a bizarre one. I've just got to let it settle. I need to listen to it by myself. I haven't been able to listen to it by myself for a while."

And who knows what gimmicks he has planned, if any, for its vinyl release like he did with Lazaretto. Maybe Jack White will release a record that can stream your Netflix queue on the ceiling, but only after you watch his documentary It Might Get Loud. Or the record can only be played on a gyroscopic turntable, which has yet to be invented. In any case, we hope it's just as bizarre as White promises Boarding House Reach to be.
https://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/ ... ho-collage
Jonathan
Legend

Postby Jonathan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:33 pm

Jack White has shared two new songs: “Connected by Love” and “Respect Commander.” They’re from his newly announced album Boarding House Reach, which does not yet have a release date. Along with the songs, White has teamed up with Los Angeles-based director Pasqual Gutierrez for the “Connected by Love” music video. Check out the songs and video below. “Connected by Love” b/w “Respect Commander” are out now as a 7" vinyl single via Third Man. A limited edition tri-color 7" will be available at Third Man’s Nashville and Detroit locations this Saturday, January 13.
https://pitchfork.com/news/jack-white-d ... er-listen/

Jonathan
Legend

Postby Jonathan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:34 pm

Jonathan
Legend

Postby heppolo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:51 pm

I am not sure, not really into this so far
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Mugen » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:59 pm

Album also comes out 3/23/18. Here's the tracklist:

01 Connected By Love
02 Why Walk a Dog?
03 Corporation
04 Abulia and Akrasia
05 Hypermisophoniac
06 Ice Station Zebra
07 Over and Over and Over
08 Everything You've Ever Learned
09 Respect Commander
10 Ezmerelda Steals The Show
11 Get In The Mind Shaft
12 What's Done Is Done
13 Humoresque
Mugen
Personal Assistant

Postby Mugen » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:34 pm

Album comes out tomorrow.
Mugen
Personal Assistant

Postby Mugen » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:06 pm

Mugen
Personal Assistant

Postby maroon » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:57 pm

I haven't yet listened to the whole album but the singles material sound pretty solid, especially "Over And Over And Over" is great.
maroon
Superstar

Location: Amsterdam (NL) / Gijón (ES) / Rzeszów (PL) / Brno (CZ) / Cork (IE)

Return to Rock & Alternative