Faun - XV

Moderator: tdc2000

Postby Mainshow » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:35 pm

The German pagan-folk band are about to celebrate its 15th anniversary by releasing their first greatest hits record "XV" and going on a best-of tour.

The album will be released on 16th February.
It will contain 2 brand new songs titled "An die Geliebte" and "Feuer".

Also, the album will be available in two different editions:

Standard edition: 16 tracks, 70 mintues running time, 24 pages-booklet; including two brand new songs & 3 revamped versions of older tracks.
Deluxe edition: 26 tracks, 120 minutes running time, 28 pages-booklet; including two brand new songs & 7 revamped/new versions of older tracks.

-----------

Can't wait! - Don't know why two of my favourite bands have to release Best ofs in Q1 while going on tour with a "new" vocalist. I'd have prefered to get new albums any time.
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:23 am

Just a few days ago i was wondering if Faun would release something new soon, and now they are coming with a best of as well? :lol:

Anyways, at least they put two new songs on this, not like NW who are going with their 1000th best of without new tracks. So i'm really excited for these new tracks!
Tansike
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:06 pm

I was wondering about Faun's plans the other day as well and that's why I googled them and found out about this release.
It's quite strange to see two of my favourite bands releasing Best of records but oh well... at least we are getting some new stuff ;)
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:09 pm

They just released the album cover of the album and it's amazing!

source: https://scontent-frt3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5ADCF1DB

CD: FAUN "XV - BEST OF" PRE-ORDER

After almost 15 years (prehaps already 1500!?) we will be releasing our new album, which is leading through our long-time bandhistory on the 16th of February.
"XV - BEST OF" includes some epic recordings like "Von den Elben", "Rabenballade", Walpurgisnacht", "Alba ll" also - until today - magical and non-released Live-Versions like "Odin", "Tinta" and "Hymne der Nacht" and some more.
Besides that, we've re-recorded "Wind und Geige" and "Rosmarin" and two complete new songs!

Get your copy of our new song "Feuer" today!

We'll offer a Standard-Version but - also - a Double CD Deluxe Edition.

➡️ Pre-Order and download or listen to "Feuer" here: https://umg.lnk.to/Faun_XVBestOF

Yours, Faun.
TRACKLISTING

Disc 1
Diese kalte Nacht
Federkleid
Feuer
Buntes Volk
Tanz mit mir
Alba II
Sonnenreigen (Lughnasad)
An die Geliebte
Rabenballade
Walpurgisnacht
Wind & Geige XV
Hörst du die Trommeln
Hymne der Nacht (Live)
Disc 2
Andro II
Rosmarin XV
Tinta (Live)
Wenn wir uns wiedersehen (Edit)
Mac Beth
Blaue Stunde (Live)
Hymn To Pan
Fire
Odin (Live)
Egil Saga
Von den Elben
Iduna (Live)
Sigurdlied
Last edited by Mainshow on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:05 pm

So this is out now and as someone who is still pretty new to them, i quite enjoy it.

The first half is MUCH better. The second half is actually quite boring. The english version of "Feuer" doesn't work at all IMO.
Tansike
Legend

Return to Rock & Alternative