Tennis Season 2015

Postby kushi » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:12 am

Brisbane International and Hopman Cup both start today!
Thriller wrote:Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads
kushi
Legend

Postby HA3 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:51 pm

Was going to watch but it's on at 1am here and I've got to get up early. Would love to djokovic win the french open this year well actually I'd like to see him win all four slams.
HA3
Roadie

Postby kushi » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:12 am

HA3 wrote:Was going to watch but it's on at 1am here and I've got to get up early. Would love to djokovic win the french open this year well actually I'd like to see him win all four slams.
I'd love to see Djokovic complete the calendar year grand slam. But getting a French Open is definitely a big goal for him.
kushi
Legend

Postby kushi » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:41 am

Serena Williams requesting an espresso be brought to her on court bafter losing the first set 6-0 to Penetta :o :lol: :lol:
kushi
Legend

Postby HA3 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:39 pm

kushi wrote:Serena Williams requesting an espresso be brought to her on court bafter losing the first set 6-0 to Penetta :o :lol: :lol:
couldn't imagine anyone else even thinking of doing it :o :lol:
HA3
Roadie

Postby HA3 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:41 pm

Azarenka lost 4-6 7-6 (9-7) 6-4 to pliskova after having a match point in the tie break.
HA3
Roadie

Postby kushi » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:44 pm

HA3 wrote:
kushi wrote:Serena Williams requesting an espresso be brought to her on court bafter losing the first set 6-0 to Penetta :o :lol: :lol:
She said in her post match presser, something to the effect that she asked if it was legal or not, and that shes a big coffee drinker and she didn't have one that morning!

Annoyed Azarenka lost. I put some money on that match and she had 2 match points in the second set and lost in 3 sets ffs.

Andy Murray is in good form, and should go into the AO with some confidence. I think the crown will be between Federer and Djokovic though. I don't think Nadal will make the semis.
kushi
Legend

Postby HA3 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:26 pm

kushi wrote:
HA3 wrote:
She said in her post match presser, something to the effect that she asked if it was legal or not, and that shes a big coffee drinker and she didn't have one that morning!

Annoyed Azarenka lost. I put some money on that match and she had 2 match points in the second set and lost in 3 sets ffs.

Andy Murray is in good form, and should go into the AO with some confidence. I think the crown will be between Federer and Djokovic though. I don't think Nadal will make the semis.
I was suprised that azarenka lost as she usually does well in Australia.

I think murray will make atleast the semi and on the day could beat either federer or djokovic which is who I think the final will be between. As for nadal he's difficult to workout being destroyed by murray 6-2 6-0 and I know it was his first competitive match for a while but still it should've been closer, so I think he goes in as a dark horse could do well but it will probaby depend on his draw.
HA3
Roadie

Postby marat2408 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:33 pm

Go Sharapova!
marat2408
Superstar

Postby HA3 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:46 pm

On the woman's side I'd like to see sharapova, ivanovic and lisicki(probably wimbledon) win a slam, also would like to see sharapova regain the top spot. On the men's djokovic and maybe murray just cos he's british.
HA3
Roadie

Postby oasisbobo » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:31 pm

Nice win for Lleyton Hewitt in the doubles :D Would love to see him defend his title here :D
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby SeeForever » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:21 pm

kushi wrote:Serena Williams requesting an espresso be brought to her on court after losing the first set 6-0 to Penetta :o :lol: :lol:
Loved that! :lol: :lol: :lol: Did the trick though!
RIP The Queen Of Disco
SeeForever
Legend

Postby HA3 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:39 am

Venus and Sharapova winning their first matchs with losing just one game.
HA3
Roadie

Postby kushi » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:50 am

Serena was TERRRRRIBLE against Hypechard.
kushi
Legend

Postby phoenix83 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:08 pm

HA3 wrote:Was going to watch but it's on at 1am here and I've got to get up early. Would love to djokovic win the french open this year well actually I'd like to see him win all four slams.
...while I'd like to see him win none.
http://nobilliards.blogspot.co.uk/ <---- Brilliant blog about all the UK No 1 albums.
phoenix83
Manager

Postby phoenix83 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:09 pm

Dimitrov shall win a slam this year, mark my words.
http://nobilliards.blogspot.co.uk/ <---- Brilliant blog about all the UK No 1 albums.
phoenix83
Manager

Postby kushi » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:11 pm

phoenix83 wrote:Dimitrov shall win a slam this year, mark my words.
He's being hyped so much. i really don't think he will this year. I'd give Kei Nishikori a bigger shot than him. Although, Cilic won the US Open, so anything can happen.
kushi
Legend

Postby kushi » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:26 pm

Pospisil is GOAT
kushi
Legend

Postby oasisbobo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:29 pm

We will have a new male grand slam champion this year definitely :D Hopefully Murray can add to his total too :D
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby kushi » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:31 pm

Hewitt should retire from singles.

He's not my most favourite player, but he is an extremely good tennis commentator. That matches he commentates on Channel 7 during the Australian Open are great, and I think he needs to make the full transition.
kushi
Legend

Postby oasisbobo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:05 pm

kushi wrote:Hewitt should retire from singles.

He's not my most favourite player, but he is an extremely good tennis commentator. That matches he commentates on Channel 7 during the Australian Open are great, and I think he needs to make the full transition.
He will do once he retires :) Would be awesome to see him commentating on the BBC at Wimbledon :)

I think he could retire after Wimbledon this year depending on how results go :(
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby HA3 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:55 pm

oasisbobo wrote:

He will do once he retires :) Would be awesome to see him commentating on the BBC at Wimbledon :)

I think he could retire after Wimbledon this year depending on how results go :(
Hewitt is one of my all time favourite tennis players it will be a sad day when he retires, there aren't many who give as much as he does on court.
HA3
Roadie

Postby HA3 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:57 pm

Nadal just lost in 3 set to michael berrer 1-6 6-3 6-4. Still can't write him off for the aussie open but he seems to be struggling.
HA3
Roadie

Postby oasisbobo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:50 pm

HA3 wrote:
oasisbobo wrote:

Hewitt is one of my all time favourite tennis players it will be a sad day when he retires, there aren't many who give as much as he does on court.
Totally agree! Hewitt is a legend! 8-)

Shock loss for Nadal but im 100% sure he will bounce back :)
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby phoenix83 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:58 pm

HA3 wrote:Hewitt is one of my all time favourite tennis players it will be a sad day when he retires, there aren't many who give as much as he does on court.
Agreed. Amazing that he is still out there battling. It's been almost 15 years since he beat Sampras to win the US Open. :D
phoenix83
Manager

Return to Sport