Tennis Season 2015

Postby Michiel » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:00 pm

Noahh wrote:Bitch your image doesn't work. :lol:
It was my profile picture lol :lol:
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby Noahh » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:06 pm

MichielMC wrote:
Waittt... that's Radwanska? :o

Sley. 8-)
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby Michiel » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:47 pm

Noahh wrote:
MichielMC wrote:
Waittt... that's Radwanska? :o

Sley. 8-)
I know 8-)
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby stevyy » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:15 am

somehow, Kerber managed to win her 4th consecutive WTA final in 2015.. tying Serena for player with most tournament victories of 2015...

Open Era most WTA victories by female German Tennis players:

01 - 107 - #1 - Steffi Graf
02 - 012 - #4 - Anke Huber
03 - 008 - #4 - Claudia Kohde-Kilsch
04 - 007 - #5 - Angelique Kerber

Kerber is also currently ranked female player with the second highest prize money won among German tennis players.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Michiel » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:30 am

k
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby Loveguru » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:44 am

OH SERENA's photo shoot
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby Michiel » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:45 pm

When I see those "high profile" draws on the women's side I just can't, they are all shaky as f.
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby MusicJunk90 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:56 am

Kyrgios is absolutely vile. I used to actually stick up for him & I liked the fact he had character and personality on the court instead of being robotic, but after the way he tanked during part of that Wimbledon match (and then tried to deny it) I lost major respect for him. And now what he said to Stan? What an a**hole. You don't bring that kinda mess on to the court of a professional tennis match, just because you're losing. One step too far. :o
MusicJunk90
Personal Assistant

Postby Michiel » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:45 am

He should be suspended pronto. There are limits, saying such things during a match is just disgusting.
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby stevyy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:30 pm

yesterday 5 german gals were in the 2nd round, today they all lost. #Toronto
stevyy
Legend

Postby oasisbobo » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:51 am

Murray into the semis! 1 more win away from becoming number two in the world again! :) Hopefully he can push on and close the gap at the top!
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby oasisbobo » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:25 pm

Over the moon with Andy Murray's win at the weekend! He could take the title this week too then have a real chance at the US!
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby samra » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:48 pm

But why couldn't you do that at Wimbledon last month, Fed? :(

Anyways, excited for the USO, come on Serena!
Listen to my 2016 Eurovision Song Contest entry: MIRACLE
samra
Superstar

Postby oasisbobo » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:21 am

The US Open will be brilliant! Murray and Federer looking in great form.
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby Loveguru » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:13 am

Serena one down
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby Michiel » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:22 am

Suarez, Pliskova (winner of us open series), Ivanovic, Jankovic, Stephens,... already out. Serena is gonna have it easy once again. It's too sad for words atm. It's no secret that I'm not a serena fan, but I don't see anyone stopping her. The level is too low. Good for her I guess.

The biggest surprise of day 1 is probably Bouchard winning a match & Nishikori going out against Benoit Paire.
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby aaliyahman » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:13 pm

MichielMC wrote:Suarez, Pliskova (winner of us open series), Ivanovic, Jankovic, Stephens,... already out. Serena is gonna have it easy once again. It's too sad for words atm. It's no secret that I'm not a serena fan, but I don't see anyone stopping her. The level is too low. Good for her I guess.

The biggest surprise of day 1 is probably Bouchard winning a match & Nishikori going out against Benoit Paire.
Serena rarely struggles against high seeds these days.
It's always wildcards that cause her trouble as she hasn't studied them or played them enough.

In other words, Serena still will have a struggle with all the pressure on her shoulders of being the GOAT.
"What goes around comes back around my baby"
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby Michiel » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:01 pm

I just don't think Serena is playing the best tennis ever, I've seen better tennis alot of times in my life (from her and other players). I think the general level is just a bit lower now. As I said she deserves it, it's not her fault the competition is almost non existent.
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby oasisbobo » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:17 pm

Very tough match for Murray last night! Glad he came through! It should hold him in good stead for the rest of the tournament!
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby stevyy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:24 pm

MichielMC wrote:I just don't think Serena is playing the best tennis ever, I've seen better tennis alot of times in my life (from her and other players). I think the general level is just a bit lower now. As I said she deserves it, it's not her fault the competition is almost non existent.
i also blame her competition.. she was near defeat many times in the past months and yet prevailed bc her opponents shit their pants (or drop out prematurely).

IN other news: 3 German gals reached the 3rd round.. that's like outstanding for my country especially this year when our "top" players flopped so badly at the GS.
stevyy
Legend

Postby heppolo » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:56 pm

oasisbobo wrote:Very tough match for Murray last night! Glad he came through! It should hold him in good stead for the rest of the tournament!
he's weak again at the moment. probably this isn't his year
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Michiel » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:53 am

Only 3 top 10 players left in the main draw on women's side, there are 9 left on the men's side. Enough said. Kvitova will probably have one of her major off days in one of the two upcoming matches leaving us with two. Yesterday's match of Wozniacki was nice though, but the win was well deserved for Cetkovska.

Looking forward to Bencic - Venus, Keys - Radwanska, Cibulkova - Bouchard today. Go Bencic & Radwa! On the men's side some possible fun matches but I don't see any upset happening.
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby oasisbobo » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:34 am

heppolo wrote:
oasisbobo wrote:Very tough match for Murray last night! Glad he came through! It should hold him in good stead for the rest of the tournament!
he's weak again at the moment. probably this isn't his year
He done really well to come back last night. At two sets down I thought he was out. I think this will give him confidence.
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby samra » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:08 pm

Serena keeping her dreams alive! Why does she enjoying building up her opponent's hopes by giving them the first set and then snatching it all away in the 2nd and 3rd? :lol:

MichielMC wrote:On the men's side some possible fun matches but I don't see any upset happening.
Nekminnit :lol:
Listen to my 2016 Eurovision Song Contest entry: MIRACLE
samra
Superstar

Postby Michiel » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:42 pm

Nadal being out is not really an upset if you followed tennis this year lol. It's always weird to see him out so soon, but it's not a surprise. Nishikori going out was more of a surprise for me.
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Return to Sport