Tennis Season 2015

Postby aaliyahman » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:50 pm

Are we dscounting Venus slaying that kid like the lioness she is!?

I am having a nervous break down with Serena. She really is someone you can't count out unitil the final point.
I am hoping she wins this but won't be surprised if some no mark does.
"What goes around comes back around my baby"
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby Michiel » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:28 pm

Serena will win, that's a given. Isn't this what always happens to her anyway? Screaming, crying, world against me attitude and still win. The match yesterday was just a matter of time, Bethanie was well aware she had no chances when the wheel started rolling. Serena would have lost these matches maybe two years ago but not anymore.

Venus played awesome, but Bencic clearly was effected by her injury she got some weeks ago. She played 80 percent thoughout the whole tournament and it clearly wasn't enough against the older Williams sister. Venus showed she still got it, but you never know when it comes or goes. That has been her issue for the past few years together with her illness. She could lose against kontaveit now and I wouldn't be surprised lol. I always prefer players like Bencic or Radwanska to go a bit further because the level benefits from it in the later stages (more rally's, more variation, different kinds of tennis etc.). Sadly the power for both of them was too much yesterday, especially radwanska she almost got slapped against the wall because of Keys power. Once again though, for all we know Madison could hit all her balls outside the double lines against Serena tomorrow. Double-Edged sword. I think Bencic will be number 1 in the future if she gets a bit more power, a better second serve and a better return game against power players. She has the balanced game women's tennis desperately needs and I hope it inspires other players to find new ways to counter power tennis without power tennis. Examples enough.

The biggest surprise thus far is probably the fact that Bouchard is still in the running :D I love how she laughed with herself after her 2nd "it's been a while" lol :lol: . Her level is all over the place but I gotta give to her she's fighting and winning so let's hope it helps her to find her 2014 game again! Now she can seek revenge for her 61 60 defeat last week in New Haven against Vinci 8-). She hasn't too much to defend during the indoor season so hopefully this will take the pressure off for her. Go Genie!
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby aaliyahman » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:11 pm

You're disdain for Serena is ridiculous. Screaming and crying? World against her attitude?! Are you describing the Serena from a decade ago and clinging to that?! Yup.

Serena has been utterly respectful and lovely to each and every competitor. She's also remarkably humble. As a fan of tennis you should appreciate what she's trying to do and be grateful you're living in an era with such a dominant player. Your favourites will have their turn when they step up their consistency.

I have nothing but respect for the Williams sisters. Even avid haters of hers from ten years ago are turning cheek at what they have done for the sport and elevated it to an unparalleled level. Just like the greats did in previous times.
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby Michiel » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:21 pm

ill answer tomorrow but i don't like these kind of Posts. Let me remind u what i Said à while back. I don't like Serena's her game per se but i respect her immensely! Believe me.
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:09 pm

german tennis just die already.

4 players in round 3... and all of them out. Lisicki hasnt player yet, but who am i fooling. that's going to be a 2set defeat.

Kerber again.. great tennis.. but not the nerves to go through with it. How can anyone win 4 tournaments in a year and not go further than round 3 at any of the slams? lol

Petkovis.. just embarrassing.

Barthel shouldnt have made it to round 3 to begin with

and Lisicki.. since she is dating a german asshole comedian who spit on Mariah during a live interview in 2005, she has lost her game completely as well.

and the men? 71 y.o. Haas is not really feeling his 3923 comeback after injury this time around.

and german wunderkind Alexander Zverev has not yet found his wunderkind game.. next year he will be 19 and he's barely in the top 100 so ...what kind of wunderkind is he?

Kohlschreiber.. tz dont get me startet.

i want the 90's back.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Loveguru » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:55 am

woop serena
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby aaliyahman » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:12 am

Thank the Lord for Kevin Anderson!

I'm sad for Jo Konta though
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby oasisbobo » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:29 am

Really gutted Murray's record of 18 consecutive grand slam quarter finals has ended! I hope he can win the Davis cup now!
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby heppolo » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:37 am

aaliyahman wrote:Thank the Lord for Kevin Anderson!
Why couldn't he do the same to Djokovic at Wimbledon. Always the luck which saves current no.1. And Murray's as always in the wrong place at the wrong time
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Westen » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:57 am

heppolo wrote:
Why couldn't he do the same to Djokovic at Wimbledon. Always the luck which saves current no.1. And Murray's as always in the wrong place at the wrong time
Because Novak is better player than Murray and that's a fact ;) sinple answer

Luck had nothing to do with that, Novak was better player in last 3 sets on Wimbledon, Murray wasn't better player in his match last night.
Westen
Superstar

Postby Michiel » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:33 am

Great match between Murray and Anderson. Murray was playing a bit too passive.
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby heppolo » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:59 am

Westen wrote:
heppolo wrote:

Luck had nothing to do with that, Novak was better player in last 3 sets on Wimbledon, Murray wasn't better player in his match last night.
But Novak was badly failing on the first day and oh then the weather. Should have been playing in the rain back then to let that no.1 lose
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Westen » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:05 pm

heppolo wrote:
Westen wrote:
heppolo wrote:

But Novak was badly failing on the first day and oh then the weather. Should have been playing in the rain back then to let that no.1 lose
when he was 'badly failing'?!

Oh oh tennis police is here.
Westen
Superstar

Postby aaliyahman » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:21 pm

Novak is a much better player in terms of consistency. Murray is too aggressive in his demeanour and spoils and sulks like a chiuld which actually throws his own game off at times. Especially when he doesn't have a home crowd to 'rally behind him'.

I've never saw Murray as a real champion.
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby Michiel » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:57 pm

:lol: :lol:

I don't see Venus winning tonight tbh, even though Venus is playing the better tennis this tournament. I just can't imagine her spoiling serena's party :lol:

This Mladenovic & Vinci matchi is so bad lol. Feels like I'm watching a first round match.
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby oasisbobo » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:32 pm

aaliyahman wrote:I've never saw Murray as a real champion.
Sorry? :lol:
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby aaliyahman » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:31 pm

Sure he's been a champion. I just don't see him as great. I think he's horrible. A great player but horrible and when he wins its vexing.
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby oasisbobo » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:20 am

aaliyahman wrote:Sure he's been a champion. I just don't see him as great. I think he's horrible. A great player but horrible and when he wins its vexing.
I think he's been a fantastic inspiration. Well for me anyway. To come from a small town in Scotland to go on to be one of the best tennis players of his generation. Then again I'm bias :lol:
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby aaliyahman » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:49 pm

That's fine and each to their own. I cannot deny the way he has raised the profile of the sport in our country to a higher level.
I think he has 0 likability factor though!
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby oasisbobo » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:42 pm

I can understand that and as you said each to their own.

Anyway...

I hope Federer can win the US Open! One last grand slam!
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby Michiel » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:59 pm

Well who imagined this final? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby Westen » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:09 pm

Wtf Serenaaaaaa
Westen
Superstar

Postby Formusic » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:12 pm

What a dark day ! Missing a grand slam on a 9/11 :(
The yuppies networking, the panic, the vomit, the panic, the vomit, God loves his children, God loves his children...yeah.
Formusic
Manager

Postby stevyy » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:32 pm

i rejoice over Serena's loss actually. She may overtake Steffi's overall GS titles total, but she ain't getting the Grand Slam.

I know it is mean of me. But a stan heart feels what it feels.

i am very surprised of the Italian power. It's incredible to have a new GS champion this year.
stevyy
Legend

Postby MusicJunk90 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Serena is gonna be so upset, but she knows she'll get at least 23 slams when all is said and done. CYGS would be a great achievement, but it's the number of grand slams won that most people refer to when ranking the best of all time, so she needs to just relax and chill & then come for Steffi's wig in 2016-2017 before retiring.

On another note, Venus could have actually won the whole thing if she got past Serena. I don't think she would have crumbled to Vinci or Pennetta as she didn't have all the nerves and pressure! :lol: :o
MusicJunk90
Personal Assistant

Return to Sport