What football team do you support?

 

Postby kaliber44 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:06 pm

Barca is da best !!! they play now the most spectacular football in the world. Ronaldinho and Messi rulezzzz ! 8-)
User avatar
kaliber44
Groupie
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005
Location: Poland / Zduñska Wola

Postby Cornholio » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:49 pm

Skin84 wrote:Forza Juveeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! Hopefully we'll arrive in the final. Forza Inter, take Milan out of the competition :lol:
JUVENTUS!!! The best footbal team this year 8-) But I guess Inter finds us in Champions not Milan :P So let's just not give them so much "forza" :lol: xox.
User avatar
Cornholio
Manager
 
Posts: 4522
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004

Postby steophonic » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:31 pm

Cornholio wrote:
Skin84 wrote:Forza Juveeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! Hopefully we'll arrive in the final. Forza Inter, take Milan out of the competition :lol:
JUVENTUS!!! The best footbal team this year 8-) But I guess Inter finds us in Champions not Milan :P So let's just not give them so much "forza" :lol: xox.
Good luck tonight! :P
User avatar
steophonic
Music Junkie
 
Posts: 21893
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004

Postby Huggy » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:19 pm

Glasgow Rangers. Aye.
Aim
Huggy
Groupie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006
Location: Edinburgh

Postby nas » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:02 pm

steophonic wrote:
Cornholio wrote:
Skin84 wrote:Forza Juveeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! Hopefully we'll arrive in the final. Forza Inter, take Milan out of the competition :lol:
JUVENTUS!!! The best footbal team this year 8-) But I guess Inter finds us in Champions not Milan :P So let's just not give them so much "forza" :lol: xox.
Good luck tonight! :P
LMAO!

Juventus the best team this year? :lol: Well they didn't play like it last night. I'm a gunners fan and we outplayed Juventus in every area, that is the only way to describe it. If there had been another ten minutes I think Arsenal would of scored a couple more goals, Juventus were busy getting players sent off! :o I felt sorry for Viera though. :(
User avatar
nas
Manager
 
Posts: 1881
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004

Postby dj_antex_polan » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:53 pm

Gunners rulezz ! Juventus yesterday haven't exist ! :D
dj_antex_polan
Groupie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006

Postby Skin84 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:02 am

dj_antex_polan wrote:Gunners rulezz ! Juventus yesterday haven't exist ! :D
Sad but true. Hopefully at Delle Alpi we'll manage to win. FORZA JUVE 8-)
Respect me and I'll respect you! Cornholio rocked till a second ago! Now he's just human!
User avatar
Skin84
Roadie
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006
Location: Somewhere on earth

Postby FatherA » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:07 pm

Still Mansfield Town FC, come on you STAGS! :lol:
FatherA
Groupie
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004
Location: Yorkshire

Postby zipp0_0 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:21 am

manchester united all the way
N TO THA A.L.Z = NALZ
User avatar
zipp0_0
Groupie
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006
Location: sydney

Postby mickey05031986 » Fri May 05, 2006 10:55 pm

EVERTON!!!!!!!!! :D
mickey05031986
Groupie
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006
Location: Ashton-In-Makerfield, Wigan

Postby John » Fri May 05, 2006 11:06 pm

Man Utd fans amuse me... because they're rarely in Manchester.

Take the six people in this topic that have come out as Man Utd fans:

Lynx - from Los Angeles
Cmasta - from London
Ollie - from somewhere in East Anglia (Brentwood or Norwich?)
zipp0_0 - from Sydney

...the other two didn't specify, but I'd lay money it's not Manchester. :lol:

It reminds me of a competition on Radio 1 for tickets to the Manchester derby a few years ago - Mark & Lard (being City fans) were giving away tickets to United fans and someone else (can't remember) was giving out tickets to City fans. The two City fans were from Manchester, the two United fans were from somewhere like Swindon and London.

...can you say "glory-hunter"? :lol:

Sorry, I just have a big thing against Man Utd for personal reasons.
This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.
User avatar
John
Chief Kitten Herder
 
Posts: 18977
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002
Location: Innit-ville

Postby king_oxymoron » Fri May 05, 2006 11:34 pm

Haha it's so true John, they really should just be called 'United'

king_oxymoron wrote:I don't think it would devalue the competition at all - Liverpool would still be the rightful winners - some teams play well in Europe and not in the league (Liverpool) and some visa versa (Arsenal) - thats just the way it is!
OH the irony! But hell yeah for a second year in a row with an English team in the final! :D
User avatar
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides
 
Posts: 36707
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003
Location: Just alone with my thoughts...

Postby ollie44 » Sat May 06, 2006 1:04 am

thelazyboy wrote:Man Utd fans amuse me... because they're rarely in Manchester.

Take the six people in this topic that have come out as Man Utd fans:

Lynx - from Los Angeles
Cmasta - from London
Ollie - from somewhere in East Anglia (Brentwood or Norwich?)
zipp0_0 - from Sydney

...the other two didn't specify, but I'd lay money it's not Manchester. :lol:

It reminds me of a competition on Radio 1 for tickets to the Manchester derby a few years ago - Mark & Lard (being City fans) were giving away tickets to United fans and someone else (can't remember) was giving out tickets to City fans. The two City fans were from Manchester, the two United fans were from somewhere like Swindon and London.

...can you say "glory-hunter"? :lol:

Sorry, I just have a big thing against Man Utd for personal reasons.
What you have just said John is seriously flawed because you obviously don't know me well enough to know that I was born in Blackpool and grew up in the North. I'm not gonna change my football team just because I move. If I did I would've supported about 10 different teams by now and that's hardly an exaggeration.

And I doubt if any of us were glory hunters we'd be professing our Utd. love through the comparative slump of recent years.

Oh and Adam, this coming from an Arsenal fan whose team has fielded all foreign teams more times than I care to remember this season. You might as well be playing in another country for all you add to the wellbeing of this country's football grassroot development!
User avatar
ollie44
Superstar
 
Posts: 5933
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003
Location: Bed, probably!

Postby king_oxymoron » Sat May 06, 2006 3:17 pm

Bloody Nora Mollie, no matter YOUR heritage, the man is right, a minimal amount of United fans actually have ever had anything to do with Manchester, certainly alot less than City!

And no matter who Arsenal have fielded that has absolutely ZERO to do with the point. The reason I'm a gooner is the fact that my Grandad and Dad are Londoners and it's been handed through the families. Obviously MY heritage has little effect either but seems to me there are a lot more Londoners as Arsenal fans than Mancunians as United fans..

The foreign team thing is a very different matter, and yes we should field more English players, but of course we are going to want to field our best team, and because of where our manager is from, he scouts abroad. And since we've beated Real and Juve it's not done much harm. But as I say, totally totally totally irrelevant to the point in hand.
User avatar
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides
 
Posts: 36707
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003
Location: Just alone with my thoughts...

Postby steophonic » Sun May 07, 2006 2:55 pm

I have to agree about Man Utd supporters in my experience. One of my best mates supports Man Utd. when there are about 5 teams closer to Southport than they are.
User avatar
steophonic
Music Junkie
 
Posts: 21893
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004

Postby John » Mon May 08, 2006 9:21 pm

king_oxymoron wrote:a minimal amount of United fans actually have ever had anything to do with Manchester, certainly alot less than City!
That was entirely the point I was making.

I mean, maybe I was a bit out supporting Norwich, given that there's at least three league teams closer to me, but at least it's local. How is Manchester local to 99.9% of United fans?
This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.
User avatar
John
Chief Kitten Herder
 
Posts: 18977
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002
Location: Innit-ville

Postby cidermaster » Sun May 21, 2006 5:34 pm

celtic celtic celtic try and match our away support and if we joined the premiership we would need 100000 all seater.
celtic



cheers cidermaster
cidermaster
Legend
 
Posts: 10373
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006
Location: The Pub Owned By God

Postby Cal900 » Sun May 28, 2006 7:01 pm

Barnet 8-)
Cal900
Manager
 
Posts: 1164
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006

Postby jimmmm » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:52 am

Sorry to burst a few mis guided bubbles in this thread, but all this rubbish about UNITED fans coming from everywhere but Manchester, what total b*££*$$s.
Firstly, yes they'res loads of UNITED fans in every village, town & city in the UK,Europe, & around the Globe, thats because they're the best supported team in the world, bar none.
Secondly,& I assume I'm addressing a predominantly Soccer AM type football fan here, so you should all be aware of the Carling Opta stats. As late as 2000, they commissioned a survey to find out a few facts about supporters of Premiership clubs, & incredibly they found at the time only Blackburn, & Sunderland had a higher %, yes PER CENTAGE of SEASON TICKET holders who lived within a 20 MILE radius of the ground, so please stop BORING people with the old chestnut "ALL UNITED FANS LIVE IN KENT,ESSEX, & ANYWHERE OTHER THAN MANCHESTER"
Do you all seriously believe, Anfield, The Emirates, The Bridge, St.James, Etc., are full of scousers, cockneys, & geordies, Christ, GET A LIFE!
jimmmm
Roadie
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006

Postby aaliyah4ever » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:51 pm

^ the fact that most of their STH's live in the area isnt a surprise

because the type of fan that is prevalent in Kent/Essex/London is the armchair fan, many of whom havent been near Old Trafford in their life

Whilst I wouldnt expect many down South to be STH's, you would at least think you'd have been to see your team at least a few times. However many Utd fans I know have never been or have only been once when they were a kid

Liverpool is another club I would say attracts this kind of fan but not as much as Utd

Arsenal and Chelsea however, while again they have some fans that dont go to games, at least the clubs can be loosely classed as local to southerners

And I bet there arnt that many Arsenal and Chelsea fans up north (although i could be wrong)
aaliyah4ever
Manager
 
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2002

Postby jimmmm » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:55 pm

You most certainly are wrong, at the moment I'm working in Scotland, & I've seen more Chelski shirts in the time I've been there, than Celtic, & Rangers shirts put toghether, any team that has a bit of success will always find "support," Christ, go back 10 years and how many people up & down the country could be seen wearing Blackburn shirts.
The difference with United is, since the inception of the Premiership, & the success of the Fergie years its become fashionable to hate United, & that leads to jealousy of everything about the club, one thing a scouse colleague of mine could never get his head round when the bindippers were winning League Titles, & Euro Cups for fun, was that UNITED were still getting bigger crowds than them, so yeah, United have got fans all over the place, a lot of whom have no intention of going to OT ever, but so do all major clubs, Arse, & Chelski included, so please, please, please stop banging on about Uniteds phoney support, as if no other club doesn't have 'em.
jimmmm
Roadie
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006

Postby cidermaster » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:02 pm

Hows things jimmmm????

Hey it gets worse,did you know for many Rangers fans,Chelsea is their 2nd team.Add the glory hunters to the equation,no wonder you saw so many Chelsea shirts!!!!!!!!

Cheers Cidermaster
cidermaster
Legend
 
Posts: 10373
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006
Location: The Pub Owned By God

Postby jimmmm » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:04 pm

cidermaster wrote:Hows things jimmmm????

Hey it gets worse,did you know for many Rangers fans,Chelsea is their 2nd team.Add the glory hunters to the equation,no wonder you saw so many Chelsea shirts!!!!!!!!

Cheers Cidermaster
Is that a wind up, or are the'Gers fans really that fickle?
jimmmm
Roadie
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006

Postby jimmmm » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:26 pm

king_oxymoron wrote:Bloody Nora Mollie, no matter YOUR heritage, the man is right, a minimal amount of United fans actually have ever had anything to do with Manchester, certainly alot less than City!

And no matter who Arsenal have fielded that has absolutely ZERO to do with the point. The reason I'm a gooner is the fact that my Grandad and Dad are Londoners and it's been handed through the families. Obviously MY heritage has little effect either but seems to me there are a lot more Londoners as Arsenal fans than Mancunians as United fans..

Canon League Division One 1985-1986
Club Average vs '85
1 Manchester United 46.321 8,0%
2 Liverpool 35.271 2,4%
3 Everton 32.227 0,8%
4 Manchester City 24.229 NEW
5 Arsenal 23.824 -23,7%
6 Newcastle United 23.434 -10,7%
7 Sheffield Wednesday 23.111 -16,8%
8 Chelsea 21.985 - 4,7%
9 West Ham United 21.179 14,9%
10 Tottenham Hotpsur 20.859 -27,9%
11 Nottingham Forest 16.809 0,2%
12 Watford 15.360 -15,8%
13 Aston Villa 15.237 -16,8%
14 Southampton 14.877 -17,6%
15 Ipswich Town 14.469 -16,0%
16 Queens Park Rangers 12.665 - 9,5%
17 West Bromwich Albion 12.164 -12,2%
18 Leicester City 11.793 -18,9%
19 Coventry City 11.590 - 9,8%
20 Luton Town 11.062 2,3%
21 Oxford United 11.009 NEW
22 Birmingham City 10.900 NEW

Obviously not many londoners knew how to get to the library that season.
& another point, if arse, chelski, the bindippers, Christ, even west ham haven't got fans around the UK, why are they selling magazines in newsagents around the UK? You've all got your share of day trippers, so why try to deny it.
As I keep saying, UNITED have got more, cos they've got far bigger support, they ARE THE GLAMOUR club, they're the team who make news, who sell papers, have the biggest TV viewing audiences, and, coincidently attract FAR BIGGER ATTENDANCES!
jimmmm
Roadie
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006

Postby jimmmm » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:08 pm

A rather interesting snippet from an Arse website caught my eye today, a first division match against Leeds Utd in 1966 attracted a gigantic crowd of...., wait for it....4,544,oops, once again it would seem a lot of londoners had amnesia that particular evening,...or maybe they just couldn't have been bothered that night!
jimmmm
Roadie
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006

Return to Sport