Formula 1

Postby SeeForever » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:41 pm

Best Grand Prix for a long time, all thanks to Mercedes awful starts!! Fernando's crash was awful amazed he came out almost unscathed, though his crash did play into Mercedes hands

Max Verstappen was one angry 18 year old!!!!! Driver of the day for me has to be Sebastien Grosjean's 6th spot for Haas, not quite how he ended up so high after the restart but he held off his pursuers

And the new joke qualifying has been ditched already!!
RIP The Queen Of Disco
SeeForever
Legend

Postby SeeForever » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:33 pm

SeeForever wrote:And the new joke qualifying has been ditched already!!
In fact it hasn't so we get it back for the next Grand Prix :evil: :evil:
RIP The Queen Of Disco
SeeForever
Legend

Postby Ivica » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Yeah it was awful to watch :-? really hope that they'll get rid off it for China.

Loved that sexy lap from Lewis, even though Nico was faster in all three practices, Lewis got it when it really needed.

Woo for Ricciardo and wtf @ Vandoorne being above Button :o
Ivica
Legend

Postby SeeForever » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:41 pm

Doesn't look promising the teams want to revert back to the 2015 qualifying system (which is much better than the current joke) but FIA have put forward a new proposal to be discussed next week so can guess how that will turn out

Bernie Ecclestone wants a qualifying system which will shuffle the cars around so the fastest aren't always at the front, the only think I can think of are ballast penatlies like in Touring Cars but I just don't want that, my thought for the future is the engines are only allowed to be powered to certain limit then the design of the cars would be the main difference instead of the Mercedes superior engine power, in the end I want the best driver to win but can't see any change there

Sooner Bernie steps down the better for F1 to be honest, they need someone new in charge, the new qualifying format was not a bad idea but once they implemented it it was clear it needed to be ditched
RIP The Queen Of Disco
SeeForever
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:39 am

Poor Hamilton. No doubt unexpected weather will probably help him bring it back, otherwise it's another probable Rosberg win.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Ivica » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:45 am

in the end no rain, but Lewis had good recover.. Overalll very good race, so much overtakings and stuff.
Ivica
Legend

Postby SeeForever » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:52 pm

3 good races in a row!! Surely this won't last though

Despite all the incidents all the cars finished and Nico had an easy win after Daniel's bad luck
RIP The Queen Of Disco
SeeForever
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:54 pm

SeeForever wrote:3 good races in a row!! Surely this won't last though

Despite all the incidents all the cars finished and Nico had an easy win after Daniel's bad luck
Yeah Dan made a good recovery. Too easy for Nico again. The first ten laps were unmissable, I couldn't take my eyes off the TV.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun May 01, 2016 2:00 pm

SeeForever wrote:3 good races in a row!! Surely this won't last though
It didn't last, a bit of a dull race. It's so unexciting to have another season where someone seems pretty unchallenged.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun May 15, 2016 12:33 pm

Both Mercedes out, mwahahaha.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun May 15, 2016 2:45 pm

What an exciting race. So much closer without the Mercedes' in contention. Well done Max for a great maiden win.
Spartan
Legend

Postby SeeForever » Sun May 22, 2016 4:36 pm

Forgot to post here!! Shock to see both Mercedes go off on turn 2 (but was it really that much of a shock??) but at last excitement at the front of the race!! Max wins on his debut for Red Bull, future world champion
RIP The Queen Of Disco
SeeForever
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun May 29, 2016 10:21 am

What a good quali session. Hopefully it means we'll get an exciting race, not just a bunch of cars following each other round the circuit.
Spartan
Legend

Postby SeeForever » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:20 pm

Well apart from yet another Hamilton/Rosberg incident on lap 1 and Nico's problems through the race this was not very exciting Grand Prix

LOL at those 2 seagulls lucky Sebastian saw them
RIP The Queen Of Disco
SeeForever
Legend

Postby Spartan » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:47 pm

A lot of people I know enjoyed that race but I found it pretty dull.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:32 pm

What a great quali session. Definitely sets it up for an interesting race to say the least.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:51 pm

Not sure what to make of that race. Quite a bit going on. Really pleased for Jenson getting his best position of the year. Gutted for Hulkenberg after the amazing quali performance. Rosberg didn't allow enough room and screwed himself over because of that. Roll on SIlverstone.
Spartan
Legend

Postby SeeForever » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:57 pm

Says a lot about F1 that no one's posted here for 3 months!!! And not posting because of the races but Hulkenberg's off to Renault! Guess that's the end of Jolyon Palmer's time at Renault then
RIP The Queen Of Disco
SeeForever
Legend

Postby WEDway82 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:16 pm

^Sadly, it does seem likely that La Reggie will drop Palmer and K-Mag. Although I've seen mention that the latter might end up at Haas.
WEDway82
Roadie

Postby WEDway82 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:56 pm

Looks like I was wrong with the above post. JP is staying put and Magnussen is off to Haas.

And the title is going down to the wire. Let's hope we get a proper race between the two contenders.
"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney
WEDway82
Roadie

Postby Spartan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:04 pm

I'm glad Palmer got the Renault drive. With Button retiring there needs to be a likeable Brit on the grid, plus partnered with TheHulk is just awesome. I hope Renault do good next year.

Good showing in Brazil. Max drove superbly and maturely. Didn't really care about the Mercedes as all the action was behind them as ever. Gutted for Hulk and his bad luck with the puncture. He could've been on the podium otherwise. He was ahead of Perez and consistently half a second quicker a lap so would've been too far ahead for Max to catch and would've got his long earned podium.
Spartan
Legend

Postby WEDway82 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:26 pm

^Renault have a chance next season with all the rule changes. But it's not going to be easy - RBR will probably come back strong.

Well he finally did it - Nico 2016 World Champion. I'd said a long time ago (when he started at Williams) that he was going to be the champ.

The race itself started well, sagged in the middle but then ended up with a real nail biting finale. Just what we needed, especially as the seaons itself has been a bit on the bland side.
"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney
WEDway82
Roadie

Postby WEDway82 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:58 pm

World champion Nico Rosberg has announced he has retired from Formula 1 with immediate effect.

The 31-year-old German won his first world title on Sunday, beating Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton by finishing second in the final race in Abu Dhabi.

"I have climbed my mountain, I am on the peak, so this feels right," Rosberg said.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38185846
WEDway82
Roadie

Postby Phoenixx » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:52 am

WEDway82 wrote:
World champion Nico Rosberg has announced he has retired from Formula 1 with immediate effect.

The 31-year-old German won his first world title on Sunday, beating Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton by finishing second in the final race in Abu Dhabi.

"I have climbed my mountain, I am on the peak, so this feels right," Rosberg said.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38185846
I just can say congrats to Nico. You should end when you're on top 8-)
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby WEDway82 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:43 pm

As has been expected..

Bernie Ecclestone announces he is 'no longer boss of Formula One'

Bernie Ecclestone has confirmed to a German magazine that his long reign as the boss of Formula One is over.

"I was deposed today," he said. "This is official, I do not run the company any more."

Ecclestone also told the magazine his new role will be as "a kind of honorary president", but the news means the everyday running of the sport is no longer his remit.
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/ ... ormula-one
WEDway82
Roadie

Return to Sport