Howaaaaazzaaaaaat?? The Cricket Thread!

Postby bergkamp2004 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:33 pm

Ok lets keep ALL cricket news here

India will lose to NZ

They have not won in NZ for over 30 years!

Well done on South Africa beating the Aussies!
28 AUGUST 2009
THE DAY MUSIC DIED
OASIS 1994 - 2009
LIVE FOREVER
bergkamp2004
Manager

Postby Virgostar » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:45 am

Mike Hussey should not be at the top of our one day batting order, he is more of a middle-order batsman. Bring Dave Warner back and that should solve the problem! Then again, our selectors are idiots who continue to make dumb mistakes. :roll:

EDIT: I need to eat some humble pie - Warner's now back in the side for the rest of the ODI series against SA cos Michael Clarke's thumb injury hasn't quite healed enough. Yay!
Let's embrace the point of no return.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby Virgostar » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:07 pm

1 all now in the series - we won in Hobart yesterday in yet another nailbiting clash, by 6 runs. Shaun Marsh top scored for us with 78, everyone else did piddly little numbers. Lucky we were able to restrict South Africa and stop them scoring too many runs.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby android » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:30 am

Virgostar wrote:1 all now in the series - we won in Hobart yesterday in yet another nailbiting clash, by 6 runs. Shaun Marsh top scored for us with 78, everyone else did piddly little numbers. Lucky we were able to restrict South Africa and stop them scoring too many runs.
:P I am not yet convinced about young Warner maybe fine in the 20/20 version of the game but think good teams will work him out same as Marsh both have technical flaws that would make it hard for them to succeed in the longer form of the game. Looks like South Africa and Australia are pretty evenly matched in the one day arena. Strange about England imploding with captain and coach fighting still I doubt it will affect them too much in the Ashes the Aussies are re-building so it will not be easy for them to win in England.
Oh Bergy think India should beat NZ the Kiwis are a very weak team at the moment.
android
Superstar

Postby bergkamp2004 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:09 pm

^^^

India are going into the tests with no warm up games

It will be cold and the pitches are so different to India a slip up could happen

I like NZ they have some good players like Ryder, Vetorri and Taylor

India should win but they lost 2-0 last time

England should beat the West Indies

Pakistan are playing ODI's v Sri Lanka in Pakistan at the moment - hope it goes without trouble as then some other teams might tour there
28 AUGUST 2009
THE DAY MUSIC DIED
OASIS 1994 - 2009
LIVE FOREVER
bergkamp2004
Manager

Postby android » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:39 pm

:P Well done Sri Lanka there braver then me going to Pakistan. I rate Vetorri very highly all class.
android
Superstar

Postby Virgostar » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:28 am

Well aside from Dave Warner smashing balls all over the SCG the other day, there's not much happiness to report from the 3rd ODI in Sydney. SA won again, scores now 2-1 to them and of course, if we don't win on Australia Day tomorrow, that means the bloody SA's have won both the Test series and the ODI's. :evil: Soooooo hoping we win tomorrow, but with Bracken out with a calf strain, I'm not entirely sure we will. We screwed up big time in Sydney by not posting 300+ when we should have.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby android » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:53 am

:lol: hehehe all of a sudden the Aussies can't bat, can't bowl and can't field. Put in a shocker today. We missed Bracken big time. South Africa cruised to victory.
android
Superstar

Postby Virgostar » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:22 am

Yep, we're bloody hopeless. You know what, I'll be glad when we lose our #1 rankings, let somebody else be the hunted for once while we get our s*** together and plot revenge. Quite frankly, after yesterday's atrocious display, we also deserved to lose the ODI series.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby android » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:13 am

:P It is offical Shell the Aussies are hopeless. Now bugger off South Africa your far too good thank goodness the Kiwis are here. We might have a chance to win a game. :lol:
android
Superstar

Postby Virgostar » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:11 am

:lol: True, we are pretty hopeless right now, although don't forget that the Black Caps (or to put it in a Kiwi accent, Bleck Ceps) can be quite competitive on the odd occasion with us. Its happened before where we lost 3 Chappell-Hadlee ODI matches to them in a row (a few years back mind you), when Ricky Ponting was out of the side and Mike Hussey was captaining.

I wouldn't be counting out our Tasman neighbours so easily, especially now that we're well and truly down, but maybe not quite out yet...although if we lose the series against them, I'll start believing that we're out for the count. Like I said above, it'll do us some good to lose any team #1 ranking we have, let us become the hunters and not the hunted for once...methinks it'll be a while before we're #1 again.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby bergkamp2004 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:53 pm

:lol: :lol:

Well done NZ!
28 AUGUST 2009
THE DAY MUSIC DIED
OASIS 1994 - 2009
LIVE FOREVER
bergkamp2004
Manager

Postby Virgostar » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:42 am

Fair play to the Kiwis, once again we were humbled in the batting and in all honesty, the match only got interesting in the last couple of overs when it could've gone either way. (I personally was far more interested in the tennis)

I was watching Fox Sports News today and a cricket commentator of their's (Gavin Robertson, who I believe is an ex-cricketer himself from NSW) reckons that at the moment I think we're panicking and we're not backing ourselves and having belief within the team...and that what we need to do is become more belligerent, say "bugger you to the world" and just start playing with that self-belief and maybe also play like we still have all those big guns (e.g. McGrath, Warne, Gilchrist et al) in our team instead of the younger players. I think he's totally right in that regard.

As he also mentioned, we really will need to rebuild the car that is our team from scratch at some stage and right now if Cricket Australia or Ricky Ponting himself haven't a plan put in place for when that's going to happen. I think its no use panicking and calling for the older players if they aren't performing well just cos we need "experience" in our side. Having said that, they should bring back Katto (Simon Katich) for these one-dayers, its not like he's totally crap atm in the one day domestic arena, although there's talk that if Shaun Marsh is ruled out due to his hamstring injury, Brad Haddin could move up to the top order. Mind you, Katto could play anywhere really.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby android » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:23 am

:lol: Maybe Brad Haddin should just worry about his wicketkeeping and remember his glove postion should be behind the stumps. The boys are down on confidence. Voges and a newcomer from SA Fergueson come into the side because Marsh is injured and Ponting is sick of being in a losing side. 8-) Strange they didn't pick Kato. :-? The tennis was fantastic Shell.
android
Superstar

Postby Virgostar » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:20 am

Dunno about Ponting being sick of being in a losing side, apparently he still wanted to play the next 2 matches but the selectors had "scheduled" him to have a break. :-?
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby Virgostar » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:08 am

*snore* Ricky Ponting & Michael Clarke both won the Allan Border Medal, first time that 2 players have won it...and how convienient that the captain and vice-captain win it too. :roll:
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby android » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:48 am

Virgostar wrote:*snore* Ricky Ponting & Michael Clarke both won the Allan Border Medal, first time that 2 players have won it...and how convienient that the captain and vice-captain win it too. :roll:
:-? Johnson should have one with Ponting winning losing captain of the year award. :P
android
Superstar

Postby Virgostar » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:46 am

And now our losing streak has stretched to 5....no wonder the crowd was so small tonight, we totally sucked yet again! No wonder I've stopped watching all of it as well...

I feel like retracting my earlier excitement over Dave Warner, I'm starting to feel like the big time is just too much for him and we need someone else in there instead. Mind you, the loss of confidence is affecting everyone in the team, not made any easier by new reports of a dressing room stoush between Katto & Clarke after the 3rd Test in Sydney. Dunno what can be done to lift their spirits, they're just not backing themselves at all, which won't bode well for the South African tour.

Speaking of which, yay that young Phillip Hughes got a call up, let's hope he can work some magic and doesn't become a Dave Warner type figure in the team. Interesting that Marcus North got a spot in the side, I have to confess I barely knew of him beforehand, I knew there was a North guy playing somewhere, just couldn't figure out where. I'm sure you're happy android, he's from WA like yourself.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby android » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:07 pm

:P Yep Shell it is nice to see Marcus North get his chance and he does a bit off off spin as well mmm but not sure if he can make it at the higher level. Nice to see Hughes get his chance and no wonder kato is not getting a game after hearing about his blue with the vice captain. As for the lost tonight thats it get your bat and pads on Shell both of us are playing the next game because we can not do any worse than this lot. :lol:
android
Superstar

Postby Virgostar » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:08 am

:lol: I dunno, I couldn't face someone bowling at my head, I'm a bit too girly to play sports.

Well apparently Kato had a prior altercation with Brad Haddin (according to an article in the sports section of Sydney Morning Herald today), so methinks someone needs a bit of anger management. Now they've rushed Ricky Ponting back into the side after Friday's loss too.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby android » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:59 am

:P Things are looking up Shell the Aussies have started all right in their latest match and good ole England have been even more humilated than us losing to the West Indies after being bowled out for 51 :lol:
android
Superstar

Postby Virgostar » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:35 am

I guess some things never change huh?

Well I can't/couldn't watch the rest of the Sydney ODI cos NZ started smacking balls left right and centre - even Brendon McCullum with his bung shoulder (assisted by pain killers) is batting! Things were looking fairly good for a while there, now I'm fearing we're gonna lose yet another match and another series. :(

At least we did post a decent score, f*** Cameron White though (my family and I all despise him, he's crap in our opinion), if he hadn't have run Haddin out then Haddin might've posted about 20-30 runs more and thus might've helped us even further...at least Hussey chipped in at the end, but I didn't see all of our innings cos I went out for dinner.

EDIT: We won! Shock horror! :D :D Hopefully this will restore some pride in the team, then we can smack the Kiwis again in Adelaide and bring on a tense final game in Brisvegas.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby bergkamp2004 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:33 pm

Cancel the Ashes

England are not good enough to play test cricket
28 AUGUST 2009
THE DAY MUSIC DIED
OASIS 1994 - 2009
LIVE FOREVER
bergkamp2004
Manager

Postby Virgostar » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:36 pm

2-all now. :D Bring on the Gabba so we can win the series & keep the Chappell-Hadlee trophy. Go Mike Hussey tonight too, smashing a 6 to win the game. I'm sure they entertained everyone, including the Victorian bushfire survivors, who they were raising funds for tonight.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby android » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:57 pm

Virgostar wrote:2-all now. :D Bring on the Gabba so we can win the series & keep the Chappell-Hadlee trophy. Go Mike Hussey tonight too, smashing a 6 to win the game. I'm sure they entertained everyone, including the Victorian bushfire survivors, who they were raising funds for tonight.
:D Woot good news all round Shell great win and great to see Aussies donating to the fire appeal. :P
android
Superstar

Return to Sport