Howaaaaazzaaaaaat?? The Cricket Thread!

Postby android » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:19 am

Sometimes I wish Warner would just play cricket. Cheeky is fine but he crosses the line far too many times for my liking.
android
Superstar

Postby Virgostar » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:37 pm

Apparently the ICC plans on restricting the amount of teams in the next 2 World Cups to 10 instead of 14. Someone has started up a petition on Change.org to try & have this decision reversed. I've signed it*, will you?

https://www.change.org/p/international-cricket-council-reverse-the-decision-to-reduce-the-2019-world-cup-to-ten-teams

*I've signed it because I think for the good/expansion of the game, there needs to be at least 14 nations playing. Besides, I've enjoyed Ireland beating well known nations this WC. I know the WC drags on for too long, but maybe they could shorten the tournament slightly instead of restricting the amount of teams playing. If they want this to be more of a global game, then they ought to expand, not contract.
Let's embrace the point of no return.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby android » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:54 am

Just signed it as well. The game needs to be developed. Agree with everything you said Shell.
android
Superstar

Postby Virgostar » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:15 am

So NZ beat us. #notdisappointedbythat (Really, I'm not...although I can hear the sound of about 4 million+ Kiwis laughing/sledging us from here. :lol: )

Really, our batting was, as our captain correctly stated, horrendous. Atrocious even. How we could just throw away such a good start like that....honestly, Shane Watson needs to go & Glenn Maxwell needs a kick up the arse (Mitch Marsh too - both those dismissals *smh*). Props to Mitch Starc for the way he bowled, especially towards the end, but the damage was done & we needed more runs. Simple as that. NZ also bowled very well - the wily ol' fox otherwise known as Dan Vettori still has it & Trent Boult was very good too. We were just s*** today. I don't know if it was nerves or lack of game time or what, but I don't think there's an excuse for it really.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby bergkamp2004 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:38 pm

Amazing match
Thought NZ has blown it as Starc was brilliant
Good job Sir Kane Williamson was still there

Boult man of match for blocking those 2 balls at the end

One of the best matches ever
28 AUGUST 2009
THE DAY MUSIC DIED
OASIS 1994 - 2009
LIVE FOREVER
bergkamp2004
Manager

Postby bergkamp2004 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:06 am

Come on NZ
Beat those flaming Aussies!

I was at semi final at Eden Park. Best match ever
28 AUGUST 2009
THE DAY MUSIC DIED
OASIS 1994 - 2009
LIVE FOREVER
bergkamp2004
Manager

Postby android » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:32 am

NZ didn't bring their A game today in the World Cup Final. Australia are the One Day World Cricket Champions. :P
android
Superstar

Postby oasisbobo » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:04 pm

android wrote:NZ didn't bring their A game today in the World Cup Final. Australia are the One Day World Cricket Champions. :P
Well done Australia :)
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby Virgostar » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:00 am

Stoked that we're world champs again, but I wouldn't have been devastated if NZ won tbh. I agree in that they didn't bring their A game - Mitch Starc was just too good for B Mac & James Faulkner & Mitch Johnson too good for the rest. Happy to see Starc become player of the tournament, I think his stocks have really risen this summer & he's our go-to man now in terms of fast bowling methinks. Still can't believe it was us vs NZ in the final! Wasn't quite expecting that. Nice to see Michael Clarke go out on a high in terms of his ODI career. I reckon they all would've partied very hard last night & the shades will be firmly on for the civic reception in Melbourne today. :lol:

That NZ vs SA semi was epic though - I watched most of the last half of it & it was a nail-biter. SA really lived up to their "choker" tag in the end.

As for our semi against India, well, India just gave up didn't they? At least I thought they did. Pretty boring semi in the end, compared to the first one.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby android » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:26 am

Vale Richie Benaud he was a legend of the game, great player, great captain and fantastic commentator, a class act all round.
android
Superstar

Postby gohypo » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:42 am

R.I.P Richie Benaud. A marvellous cricketer and commentator.
gohypo
Groupie

Postby bergkamp2004 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:31 am

Richie was a legend
Remember him on the BBC
28 AUGUST 2009
THE DAY MUSIC DIED
OASIS 1994 - 2009
LIVE FOREVER
bergkamp2004
Manager

Postby Virgostar » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:18 am

RIP Richie. Aside from being a great player yourself, you were the voice of countless summers & we will all miss your dry wit, the power you found in a pause & of course your marvellous commentary. Absolute legend in a world where that word gets thrown around far too much.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby TrinidadNavy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:58 am

Anyone watching the Caribbean Premier League (CPL) currently ongoing?
It's like I'm kissing her too...She's perfect.
Selena Gomez - REVIVAL
TrinidadNavy
Manager

Postby android » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:50 pm

Well the Australians have lost to England and regained the Ashes. Well done to them as they totally outplayed the Aussies.
It would seem teams around the world play well at home with pitches prepared to suit the relevant host Nation but away they all seem to struggle.

Australia will need some years to rebuild with Australian captain Michael Clarke announcing he will retire after this Ashes Tour. A great career comes to an end, he was a champion player over many years and l think a good captain with tactical nous. We will also see Haddin and Rogers leaving the Test team and I imagine Mitchell Johnson will not be too far away either from hanging up his boots. Interesting times ahead could be a real struggle.
android
Superstar

Postby Virgostar » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:30 am

Surely Shane Watson's going to retire too...unless we're that desperate to bring him back for the 50000th time.

Yeah fair play to England, they totally outplayed us the last 2 Tests & the 1st Test. Their only blight was us winning at Lords. After that it was downhill from there for us. TBH though you're right android, every team seems to play very well at home but away it's a different story....although we did conquer South Africa on their home turf recently, so there's a small sliver of evidence to the contrary.

Not surprised by Michael Clarke retiring, his dodgy back & hamstrings were always going to ensure an earlier-than-expected retirement. Besides, he hasn't been playing well in Tests this year & with impending fatherhood, he's got other things to concentrate on. No doubt he'll be in the Channel 9 commentary box this summer if his bestie Mr S. Warne has any pulling power.

I think yet again we're in for turbulent times with our Test team as we have all the bowling stocks in the world, yet very little in the way of talented batsmen coming through the ranks. I can only think of what could've been had Phil Hughes not been so cruelly struck down last November, surely he would've been in the frame to regain his Test spot either now or before the Ashes.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby Virgostar » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:46 pm

Where our men failed, our women conquered. #whoruntheworld #girls

Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby android » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:52 am

Well done Girls. :D
android
Superstar