Tennis Season 2013

Postby Formusic » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:09 pm

Last edited by Formusic on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 12 times in total.
The yuppies networking, the panic, the vomit, the panic, the vomit, God loves his children, God loves his children...yeah.
Formusic
Manager

Postby Formusic » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:18 pm

The Australian Open

The yuppies networking, the panic, the vomit, the panic, the vomit, God loves his children, God loves his children...yeah.
Formusic
Manager

Postby Formusic » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:23 pm

Some odds

NOVAK DJOKOVIC 2.5
ROGER FEDERER 5.9
RAFAEL NADAL 7.1
ANDY MURRAY 7.3
JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO 20.0
JO-WILFRIED TSONGA 21.0
TOMAS BERDYCH 57.1
BERNARD TOMIC 85.6
DAVID FERRER 90.3
GAEL MONFILS 80.8

PETRA KVITOVA 4.3
SERENA WILLIAMS 5.4
KIM CLIJSTERS 9.4
VICTORIA AZARENKA 10.5
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI 13.8
SAMANTHA STOSUR 15.3
KAIA KANEPI 21.0
NA LI 23.8
VERA ZVONAREVA 38.1
MARIA SHARAPOVA 38.1
Formusic
Manager

Postby oasisbobo » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:43 pm

C'mon Andy Murray!!!
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby Formusic » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:30 pm

http://www.usta.com/murray_wins_brisban ... nal_title/

BRISBANE, Australia (AP) -- Andy Murray warmed up for the Australian Open with a commanding 6-1, 6-3 victory over third-seeded Alexandr Dolgopolov on Sunday in the Brisbane International final.

For the second consecutive match, Murray had Ivan Lendl watching from courtside. Aiming to break a drought for British men at the majors dating to 1936, Murray hired the eight-time Grand Slam tournament winner as coach earlier this month and the pair met up Saturday in Brisbane.

``I'd like to thank my team ... Mr. Lendl, he's up there somewhere, hiding,'' Murray said. ``It's my first week with this new team and it was good. I really enjoyed it. Hopefully it'll bring more success in the future.''

The 24-year-old Murray has lost the past two Australian Open finals and is 0-3 in major finals.

The Scot's confidence high after capturing his 22nd ATP title, Murray will spend the next week in Melbourne preparing for the Australian Open, which starts Jan. 16.

Murray, ranked No. 4, raced through the first set in 26 minutes. He didn't lose a point on his own serve until the last game, when the Ukrainian twice had breakpoint chances but was unable to convert.

Murray won nine straight games from 1-1 in the first to take the match away from Dolgopolov, who rallied briefly by winning three in a row - including his only break against the Scot to get the second set back to 4-3.

But Murray held to regain momentum and then broke Dolgopolov's serve for the fifth time in the match to finish it off in 65 minutes.

Murray started the week slowly, dropping the opening sets of his first two matches and complaining of aches and pains, but didn't lose a service game in the quarterfinal and semifinal as he gradually got his match fitness back up to speed. And he didn't show any sign of the groin strain which prematurely ended his 2011 season.

The 23-year-old Dolgopolov moved up to a year-end No. 15 in 2011 and is aiming for his second ATP title, but was never in contention in the final. He has lost all three of his matches against Murray, including the Australian Open quarterfinals last year.

Dolgopolov strained his groin in his semifinal win over second-seeded Gilles Simon and wasn't at his peak against Murray.

``I'd like to say sorry for some boring tennis from me today,'' Dolgopolov told the crowd, ``but that's the best I could do. ... I wasn't really fit and feeling good this week, but I made the final, so I'm really happy.''

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/74 ... qatar-open

DOHA, Qatar -- Jo-Wilfried Tsonga shrugged off a slow start and beat Gael Monfils 7-5, 6-3 in an all-French final at the Qatar Open on Saturday, giving himself a confidence boost for the Australian Open.

The sixth-ranked Tsonga, who reached the final when Roger Federer withdrew with an injury, fell behind 3-1 before finding a rhythm, coming to the net more often and reeling off the final four games to win the first set.

The momentum carried over into the second set, when Tsonga kept Monfils off balance with his powerful forehand and occasional drop volleys. Tsonga broke Monfils to go up 4-2 and won the match when Monfils hit a backhand into the net after a long rally.

"At the beginning, it was bit difficult. He broke me very early and it was tough," Tsonga said. "But in my head, everything was right, OK, I'm one break down. I will continue to play my game and make him run a lot. I think it was good solution. After that, he was bit tired of that and I was better than him."

Tsonga improved to 3-1 against Monfils.

His eighth career title also came in his third successive final. The previous two were at the end of last year, in the Paris Masters and ATP Finals, when he lost to Federer each time. The Swiss star pulled out of their Friday semifinal because of back spasms, hoping to be ready for the Australian Open starting on Jan. 16.

Tsonga said he was counting on his Doha success to carry over to Melbourne, where he was a finalist in 2008. He refused to predict how deep he can go in the tournament, partly because he didn't face Federer, Rafael Nadal or No. 1-ranked Novak Djokovic in this tournament.

"You know, my target is to go as far as possible, of course. If I can win it, I will," he said. "I think of it, and I really want it, like I think most of the other players. So I do everything for that, and this is why it's exciting, because I don't know if I will do it one day or not. But anyway, I work for that, and my ambition is to win a Grand Slam."

The 16th-ranked Monfils didn't show the same range and firepower he demonstrated in his semifinal win over second-ranked Nadal. He also hurt himself by racking up 27 unforced errors.

Monfils said he would take away a lot of "positives" from this week even though he admitted he ran out of energy in the final. He was especially upset with himself for fading in the first set, allowing Tsonga to break him to tie the set and break him again to win it.

"Today, I was maybe less powerful than I was during this week, because I think also Jo played different," Monfils said. "He was playing a bit soft and then changed the rhythm, like a bit hard and mixed it up with some slice. I had some opportunities in the first set, and I was maybe a bit less aggressive tonight to finish the first set."

The match was delayed for 35 minutes after the first game by a fog which made the hard-court too slippery for the first time in the tournament's 20-year history.
Formusic
Manager

Postby oasisbobo » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:02 pm

Well done Andy :D
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby ssica613 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:41 pm

Formusic wrote:The Australian Open

Good shake?Image
ssica613
Groupie

Postby Popeatl » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:01 pm

Nice new colours for the court. I hope Kvitova wins. This #1 reign of Wozniacki is completely useless! :roll:
I am sky and here.
Popeatl
Manager

Postby Formusic » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:20 pm

Popeatl wrote:Nice new colours for the court. I hope Kvitova wins. This #1 reign of Wozniacki is completely useless! :roll:
haha :P wait & see :)

ssica613 wrote:Good shake?
:)

http://www.espnstar.com/tennis/news/det ... -Brisbane/

Kanepi triumphs in Brisbane
Estonia's Kaia Kanepi won her second career title as she stormed to a 6-2 6-1 win over Daniela Hantuchova in the Brisbane International final.
The big-hitting 26-year-old has produced upset wins over seeds Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Andrea Petkovic and Francesca Schiavone to reach the final and produced the same superb form today.
She was particularly devastating early in the second set, dropping just a solitary point in the first four games as she powered towards the biggest win of her career to date, adding to the title she won in Palermo in 2010.
That dominant start to the second set in fact extended Kanepi's run to nine games in succession from 1-2 in the opener.
Hantuchova should have been the fresher of the two players, having been granted a quarter-final walkover following Serena Williams' withdrawal and then won her semi-final when Kim Clijsters retired during the second set.
But Kanepi's giant-killing run had seen her build momentum and she won 82% of points on her first serve as she recorded her first victory in four career meetings with the Slovakian, eventually finishing the encounter with her fourth match point.
The victory is set to lift Kanepi from 34th to 26th in the WTA rankings, ensuring she will be seeded for the Australian Open. Hantuchova will rise from 24 to 21.
Kanepi said: "It feels fantastic; I'm so happy. I couldn't stop smiling after the match for a long time.
"I think I haven't really realised what I have done and how I have played and who I have beaten and then what score. I enjoyed a lot the feeling that I have and to win such a big tournament like this.
"I think it doesn't happen too often in some tournaments that I won the matches with the score I did, so it just was my week and I played really well and I hope to continue and improve," she added on the tournament website, www.brisbaneinternational.com.au.
Hantuchova admitted there was little she could have done to beat her opponent.
She said: "I felt like I played a great match from the start until the end.
"She didn't give me too many chances. I tried to find a way, but it just didn't work today.
"She was better in all the departments of the game and really deserved to win."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/chinas-zheng-j ... 09490.html

China's Zheng Jie wins Auckland WTA title

Auckland, Jan 8 (IANS) China's Zheng Jie came back from a set down to claim the ASB Classic women's tennis title 2-6, 6-3, 2-0 here Sunday.
Playing indoors after the scheduled match day was washed out by rain Saturday, Italy's Flavia Pennetta yielded the game when she pulled out with a back injury while trailing in the third set.
It was the first WTA title for the unseeded Zheng since winning at Estoril and Stockholm in 2006.
Zheng went down 2-6 in the first set, but took control of the match when the fourth seed Italian started complaining of a back injury.
The first signs of trouble came when the Italian called a medical time out for a problem with her back while she was leading 5-2.
Despite the problem, Pennetta's play appeared to be unaffected and she held serve to claim the set.
However, the second set proved to be her breaking point and Zheng took four games in a row.
Fearing she would aggravate her injury, Pennetta called it quits early in the third set, when Zheng was leading 2-0.
Zheng secured her place in the finals by defeating number 3 seed Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia, 2-6, 6-3, 6-3 Friday.
Formusic
Manager

Postby cidermaster » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:06 pm

Andy Murray is going to win the 2012 Australian Open!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cidermaster
Legend

Postby oasisbobo » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:41 pm

cidermaster wrote:Andy Murray is going to win the 2012 Australian Open!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Agreed :wink:
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby shirley » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:10 pm

Venus has pulled out of the Australian Open but hopes to return to the tour in February
You taste just like glitter mixed with rock and roll
I'd rather be a comma than a full stop
shirley
Manager

Postby Formusic » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:11 pm

oasisbobo wrote:
cidermaster wrote:Andy Murray is going to win the 2012 Australian Open!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Agreed :wink:
:P

shirley wrote:Venus has pulled out of the Australian Open but hopes to return to the tour in February
aw, that sucks ! i hope she will be back soon :)
Formusic
Manager

Postby Formusic » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:55 am

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... -Half.aspx

There will be no repeat of the 2011 Australian Open men’s final, as defending champion Novak Djokovic and the man he defeated in last year’s championship, Andy Murray, are in the top half of the draw for the first major tournament of the 2012 season. Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer are in the same half of a Grand Slam event draw for the first time since Roland Garros in 2005.

World No. 1 Djokovic will begin his quest for a third crown in Melbourne against Paolo Lorenzi. Fifth-ranked David Ferrer is the featured seed in the Serbian's quarter of the draw. Ferrer will face Portugual's Rui Machado in the first round. The Spaniard, a semi-finalist last year, defeated Djokovic in their most recent meeting at the 2011 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.

Also in Djokovic’s section is home favourite Lleyton Hewitt. If Hewitt, a wild card this year, gets past Cedrik-Marcel Stebe in the first round, his potential second-round opponent is long-time foe Andy Roddick. The 15th-seeded Roddick, a four-time semi-finalist, plays Robin Haase in his opener. No. 25 seed Milos Raonic, the Aircel Chennai Open champion, could also play Djokovic in the fourth round. Possible threats to Ferrer include No. 9 seed Janko Tipsarevic and 17th seed Richard Gasquet.

World No. 4 Murray, the finalist two years running, starts his campaign for a first major title against 19-year-old American Ryan Harrison. The Scot triumphed in his 2012 tournament debut, winning the Brisbane International over Alexandr Dolgopolov.

Looming in Murray's quarter of the draw is Qatar ExxonMobil Open tilist Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, the sixth seed. Tsonga upset Murray in the first round four years ago en route to reaching his first Grand Slam final, where he finished runner-up to Djokovic. Tsonga plays Denis Istomin in his opener.

Two other Frenchmen will look to challenge Murray and Tsonga. Gael Monfils, the No. 14 seed, is a possible fourth-round opponent for Murray, while 12th-seeded Gilles Simon could meet his countryman Tsonga in the round of 16.

Four-time champion Federer is seeded third. Riding a 20-match win streak entering the event, Federer’s opponent is yet to be determined, as he will square off against a qualifier. The Swiss could meet top-ranked American Mardy Fish in the final eight. Fish has a tricky first-round match against Gilles Muller.

Juan Martin del Potro is Fish’s biggest obstacle in his path to the quarter-finals. Should both get through their first three rounds, they will face off in a fourth-round clash. Alexandr Dolgopolov, the 13th seed, will look to play spoiler again should he meet Federer in a fourth-round encounter. Dolgopolov knocked off Robin Soderling and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga last year to reach the quarter-finals.

At the bottom of the draw is World No. 2 Nadal. The Spaniard lifted the trophy in 2009 and, like Federer, will play a qualifier to start his tournament. The highest seed in his quarter of the draw is Czech Tomas Berdych. Seeded seventh, Berdych faces Albert Ramos in the first round.

John Isner, the 16th seed, is a potential fourth-round opponent for Nadal. The American pushed Nadal to five sets at Roland Garros in 2011. Other players to watch include 10th seed Nicolas Almagro, 2006 finalist Marcos Baghdatis, and three veterans who enter the event unseeded – David Nalbandian, Nikolay Davydenko and Tommy Haas.

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2012/ ... -no1-spot/

With the tennis telescope firmly focused on Australia for the first Grand Slam of 2012, it comes as no surprise that the stars of the courts are hitting the headlines with growing urgency.

What may be more of a surprise is that those headlines are being made not in Melbourne but 1,000km up the coast in Sydney. For here, rubbing shoulders in the schedule with the Australian Open, is a top-quality Premier event that boasts every woman in the top 12 bar two—and even they were in the news.
World No4 Maria Sharapova pulled out of the first event of the year in Brisbane last week to nurse the ankle injury she sustained in Tokyo last September, and has bypassed Sydney in favour of Melbourne Park for her final preparations. The former Australian champion—she won in 2008—returned to something like her old form during 2011 and will be, subject to that ankle, one of the favourites for the title.
Also absent from Sydney is reigning Australian champion, Kim Clijsters, whose winning start in 2011 was quickly overtaken by a succession of injuries. An ankle stopped her from entering Wimbledon, a stomach tear from the US Open. She confessed to Donald McRae in The Guardian this week: “There have been many moments over the last year when I thought it was all over.”
Many began to agree with her when, last week in the Brisbane semi-final, she retired from a set up in her first tournament for five months. The cause proved to be a muscle spasm in her hip and she will be all present and correct to make the 2012 draw in Melbourne tomorrow.
But what promised to be the biggest coup for Sydney was an anticipated battle in the final for the No1 ranking between the top woman for 64 weeks, Caroline Wozniacki, and the most improved woman of the last 12 months and current No2, Petra Kvitova. Should Kvitova win the title, she would enter the Australian Open as the new No1.
The drama started before the two women even arrived in Sydney, for they faced one another in the team-based Hopman Cup in Perth last week. It was only their second meeting in 16 months, and Kvitova won—just as she had in their only 2011 meeting at the WTA Championships.
Once in Sydney, it looked as though neither woman would make it beyond their first match. Wozniacki battled past the woman who beat her at the same stage last year, Dominika Cibulkova, in a two hour 22 minute three-setter, while Kvitova took just three minutes fewer to win her three-setter.
Come the quarters, and the campaign for No1 took a dive for Wozniacki. After winning the first set against Agnieszka Radwanska, she became increasingly troubled by a wrist problem, sought medical treatment, and finally lost the match in tears. Both her No1 ranking and her participation in the Australian Open looked in jeopardy. Meanwhile, her rival powered to the quarters for the loss of just four games.
But a new day reconfigured the scene. Wozniacki was boosted by an MRI scan that showed no serious wrist damage while Kvitova was beaten in her semi despite winning the first set 6-1. There would be no change at the top until the Australian Open had run its course
And that seems entirely appropriate. Wozniacki and Kvitova ended 2011 with six titles apiece and deservedly filling the top two spots. Now, at the same age, both seem on the cusp of an important phase of their careers.
The former, who has performed at a constantly high level for more than two years to earn 18 titles, seeks that illusive Grand Slam. The latter, already with the kudos of the Wimbledon and end-of-year Championships, seeks the consistency to earn the No1 ranking by asserting her considerable talent throughout the year. The Dane reached the semis in Melbourne last year, the Czech reached the quarters. A final shoot-out between them in this year’s Australian final, with the No1 ranking at stake, would make a suitably dramatic denouement.
The Sydney tournament, however, has thrown into the headlines a few more women who could upset that Australian scenario.
In beating Kvitova, Na Li came back from a set and a break down to make her second consecutive final appearance in Sydney. Last year, she won the title and went on to reach the final of the Australian Open before winning her first Slam in Paris. After a dreadful falling off in form during the remainder of 2011, she went back to basics at her training camp in Munich—away from the pressures of stardom in her home country—and appears to have returned to Sydney like the Li of 12 months ago.
Conversely, a couple of rising stars in 2011 who looked set to make the big time this year have begun 2012 with health problems. Sabine Lisicki, who stormed back to a career-high ranking of 15 after injuries affected her promising early progress, retired in the quarters of Auckland last week with an abdominal strain and withdrew from Sydney, too.
Julia Goerges, a top-20 debutant in 2011, retired in the first round in Sydney with viral illness.
Meanwhile, two veterans of the tour have also come undone in Australia. Svetlana Kuznetsova retired in Sydney’s second round with heat illness and Flavia Pennetta did not even make it to the starting line having retired in the final of Auckland with a lower back injury. Thus far, however, all of these remain in the Australian draw.
So the stunning city of Sydney, generally seen by the rest of the world as Australia’s bride to Melbourne’s bridesmaid, has made a worthy stab at stealing the limelight from its Victorian sister again. Many of these storylines, and a few others, will certainly follow the winding road south to the Australian Open.
Will Clijsters be fit enough to defend her first Australian title or Sharapova strong enough to regain her crown of four years ago?
Will home favourite Sam Stosur bounce back from early exits in two straight Aussie tournaments to regain her US Open-winning form?
Can Serena Williams recover from the ankle sprain that forced her to withdraw after two rounds in Brisbane, her first matches since losing the US Open final?
And who, when all is done, will be No1 by the end of January?
Formusic
Manager

Postby Formusic » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:09 pm

Some results :

Caroline Wozniacki (DAN) (1) beats Anastasia Rodionova (AUS) 6-2, 6-1
Victoria Azarenka (BLR) (3) beats Heather Watson (GRB) 6-1, 6-0
Kim Clijsters (BEL) (11) beats Maria Joao Koehler (Por) (Q) 7-5, 6-1
Na Li (CHI) (5) beats Ksenia Pervak (KAZ) 6-3, 6-1

Rafael Nadal SPAIN (2) beats Alex Kuznetsov USA 6-4 6-1 6-1
Roger Federer (SWI) (3) beats Alexander Kudryavtsev (RUS) (Q) 7-5, 6-2, 6-2
Tomas Berdych CZE (7) beats Albert Ramos SPAIN 7-5 4-6 6-2 6-3
Mardy Fish (USA) [8] beats Gilles Muller (LUX) 6-4 6-4 6-2
Nicolas Almagro SPAIN (10) beats Lukasz Kubot POL 1-6 7-5 6-3 7-5
Bernard Tomic AUS beats Fernando Verdasco SPAIN (22) 4-6 6-7[3] 6-4 6-2 7-5
Formusic
Manager

Postby Formusic » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:53 pm

Some results : (1st round)

Petra Kvitova (CZE/2) beats Vera Dushevina (RUS) 6-2 6-0
Sorana Cirstea (ROU) beats Samantha Stosur (AUS/6) 7-6(2) 6-3
Maria Sharapova (RUS/4) beats Gisela Dulko (ARG) 6-0 6-1
Vera Zvonareva (RUS/7) beats Alexandra Dulgheru (ROU) 7-6(4) 6-7(5) 6-3
Ana Ivanovic (SRB/21) beats Lourdes Dominguez Lino (ESP) 6-0 6-3
Serena Williams (USA/12) beats Tamira Paszek (AUT) 6-3 6-2

Novak Djokovic (SRB/1) beats Paolo Lorenzi (ITA) 6-2 6-0 6-0
David Ferrer (SPAIN/5) beats Rui Machado (POR) 6-1 6-4 6-2
Andy Murray (GBR/4) beats Ryan Harrison (USA) 4-6 6-3 6-4 6-2
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA/6) beats Denis Istomin (UZB) 6-4 3-6 6-2 7-5

Samantha is OUT :o

Djokovic is a beast :lol: Murray didn t convince me so far though his draw is tough :-?
Formusic
Manager

Postby shirley » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:42 pm

Disappointed to see Sam Stosur go out early.
You taste just like glitter mixed with rock and roll
I'd rather be a comma than a full stop
shirley
Manager

Postby Formusic » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:14 pm

Some results (2nd round)

Kim Clijsters (BEL/11) beats Stephanie Foretz Gacon (FRA) 6-0, 6-1
Na Li (CHI/5) beats Olivia Rogowska (AUS/WC) 6-2, 6-2
Jelena Jankovic (SER/13) beats Kai Chen Chang (TAI/Q) 6-4, 6-2
Caroline Wozniacki (DAN/1) beats Anna Tatishvili (GEO) 6-1, 7-6(4)
Romina Oprandi (ITA) beats Francesca Schiavone (ITA/10) 6-4, 6-3
Victoria Azarenka (BLR/3) beats Casey Dellacqua (AUS) 6-1, 6-0

Rafael Nadal (SPAIN/2) beats Tommy Haas (ALL) 6-4, 6-3, 6-4
Tomas Berdych (TCH/7) beats Olivier Rochus (BEL) 6-1, 6-0, 7-6(4)
Alejandro Falla (COL) beats Mardy Fish (USA/8) 7-6(4), 6-4, 7-6(6)
Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG/11) beats Blaz Kavcic (SLO/Q) 6-4, 7-5, 6-3

Vika is favorite for the win imo 8-)

Nadal is good actually, so is Del Potro, ugh Fish crashed out of the tournament :-?
Formusic
Manager

Postby JimJim » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:45 am

The amount of media coverage Tomic is getting here is ridiculous :lol:

I'm watching Roddick v Hewitt right now, pretty decent game, thought Roddick was done for when he walked off injured just before.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby Formusic » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:53 pm

JimJim wrote:The amount of media coverage Tomic is getting here is ridiculous :lol:
well he is supposed to be the next Hewitt right ? :P
plus Samantha is out and he s the only Australian player who s able to win the title.

Some Results (2nd round)

Petra Kvitova (CZE)[2] beats Carla Suarez Navarro (SPAIN) 6-2 2-6 6-4
Maria Sharapova (RUS/4] beats Jamie Hampton (USA) 6-0 6-1
Serena Williams (USA)[12] beats Barbora Zahlavova Strycova (CZE) 6-0 6-4
Vera Zvonareva (RUS/7) beats Lucie Hradecka (CZE) 6-1 7-6(3)
Sabine Lisicki (ALL/14) beats Shahar Peer (ISR) 6-1 6-2

Novak Djokovic (SRB)[1] beats Santiago Giraldo (COL) 6-3 6-2 6-1
Andy Murray (GBR/4) beats Edouard Roger-Vasselin(FRA) 6-1 6-4 6-4
David Ferrer (SPAIN/5) beats Ryan Sweeting (USA) 6-7(4) 6-2 3-6 6-2 6-3
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA)[6] beats Ricardo Mello(BRA) 7-5 6-4 6-4
Milos Raonic (CAN/23) beats Philipp Petzschner (ALL) 6-4 5-7 6-2 7-5
Formusic
Manager

Postby Eamon » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:55 pm

Can't wait to go home from Uni tonight and finally watch this!! It's my favourite slam of the year!
Eamon
Legend

Postby Formusic » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:18 pm

Some results (3rd round)

Caroline Wozniacki (DAN) [1] beats Monica Niculescu (ROU) [31] 6-2 6-2
Victoria Azarenka (BLR) [3] beats Mona Barthel (GER) 6-2 6-4
Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) [8] beats Galina Voskoboeva (KAZ) 6-2 6-2
Kim Clijsters (BEL/11) beats Daniela Hantuchova (SLQ/20) 6-3, 6-2

Rafael Nadal (SPAIN) [2] beats Lukas Lacko (SVK) 6-2 6-4 6-2
Roger Federer (SUI) [3] beats Ivo Karlovic (CRO) 7-6[6] 7-5 6-3
Tomas Berdych (CZE) [7] beats Kevin Anderson [30] 7-6[5] 7-6[1] 6-1
Bernard Tomic beats Alexandr Dolgopolov 4-6, 7-6(0), 7-6(6), 2-6, 6-3

Tomic set Rod Laver Arena on fire with his 5 sets match :lol:

interesting matches

Clijters VS Na Li
Federer VS Tomic
Formusic
Manager

Postby Eamon » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:31 am

Kirilenko had to retire from her match against Kvitova!

Tsonga is cruising against Gil.
Eamon
Legend

Postby Formusic » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:31 pm

Some results (3rd round)

Petra Kvitova (CZE/2) beats Maria Kirilenko (RUS/27) 6-0 1-6
Maria Sharapova (RUS/4) beats Angelique Kerber (GER/30) 6-1 6-2
Ana Ivanovic (SER/21) beats Vania King (USA/Q) 6-3 6-4
Sabine Lisicki (GER/14) beats Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS/18) 2-6 6-4 6-2
Ekaterina Makarova (RUS) beats Vera Zvonareva (RUS/7) 7-6(7) 6-1
Serena Williams beats Greta Arn 6-1, 6-1

Novak Djokovic (SER/1) beats Nicolas Mahut (FRA) 6-0 6-1 6-1
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA/6) beats Frederico Gil (POR) 6-2 6-2 6-2
Richard Gasquet (FRA/17) beats Janko Tipsarevic (SER/9) 6-3 6-3 6-1
Andy Murray (GBR/4) beats Michael Llodra (FRA) 6-4 6-2 6-0
David Ferrer (SPAIN/5) beats Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG/27) 7-5 6-2 6-1
Lleyton Hewitt (AUS) beats Milos Raonic (CAN/N.23) 4-6, 6-3, 7-6 (7/5), 6-3

is Djokovic still human ? :lol:

Well done Hewitt, Murray, Serena & Sabine :D
Formusic
Manager

Postby oasisbobo » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:22 pm

Well done Hewitt, Murray and Sharapova! :D :D
oasisbobo
Legend

Return to Sport