Postby Hugo » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:37 pm

I wouldn't miss it for the world 8-)
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Michiel » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:30 pm

That rally of 54 shots... pure madness.
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby Wardo » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:50 pm

MichielMC wrote:That rally of 54 shots... pure madness.
I know right. Image

*tears of excitement*

Now the game's on fiyah!!!
Wardo
Knight of Cups

Postby Wardo » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:36 am

Nadal, the king!!! Amazing match, he was so emotional at the end! :D
Wardo
Knight of Cups

Postby RaFanatic » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:51 am

One and only :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Pleasure over matter.
RaFanatic
Legend

Postby RaFanatic » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:58 am

Justin Timberlake
Congrats to Rafael Nadal! He threw it down tonight! #USOPEN2013
Pleasure over matter.
RaFanatic
Legend

Postby android » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:44 am

What a great rivalry well done Nadal. Men's tennis is in a good place right now. :P
android
Superstar

Postby Michiel » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:57 am

Bummed Nadal did win this match. The match would have been different if Djokovic took one of his three breakpoints at 4 - 4 in the third set. That was the turning point in momentum. I must admit that Nadal was the stronger one though. So yeah deserved!
Last edited by Michiel on Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby cidermaster » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:57 am

Nadal the greatest tennis player this century,no doubts about that. He has a 21-10 winning record against the 2nd best of this century!!
cidermaster
Legend

Postby Michiel » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:51 pm

cidermaster wrote:Nadal the greatest tennis player this century,no doubts about that. He has a 21-10 winning record against the 2nd best of this century!!
You think there won't be a better tennis players for the next 86 years? Or do you mean this tennis 'era'?
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby cidermaster » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:13 pm

I mean the century so far,and yes he is the best of his era.

In the past useing today's rackets Bjorn Borg would do rather well!
cidermaster
Legend

Postby ginnyfan » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:01 pm

Yaaas!!!!!!! My fave keeps on slaying!!!

Amazing season after terrible 7 months of uncertantly and depression.
BRUSHES WITH DARKNESS WON'T HELP YOU CREATE
ginnyfan
Superstar

Postby cidermaster » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:39 pm

Nadal the King !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cidermaster
Legend

Postby Wardo » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:40 pm

Where's Eamon to describe how was seeing that epic final live?
Wardo
Knight of Cups

Postby Formusic » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:02 pm

AMAZIINGGG TOURNAMENT !!!! The Arthur Ashe court was on fire during Serena's match 8-) 8-) 8-)

#LEGEND...wait for it...ARY, she will reach Evert next year to become the US player with the most GS titles 8-)

Nadal is also good, how far he can go ? no one knows :)
The yuppies networking, the panic, the vomit, the panic, the vomit, God loves his children, God loves his children...yeah.
Formusic
Manager

Postby phoenix83 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:16 pm

cidermaster wrote:Nadal the greatest tennis player this century,no doubts about that. He has a 21-10 winning record against the 2nd best of this century!!
Oh right, because I forgot that head-to-heads decide who is the greatest player; in which case, Davydenko is greater than Nadal (he leads 6-5).

Federer remains a fair way greater than Nadal at present, with 17 slams to Nadal's 13.
http://nobilliards.blogspot.co.uk/ <---- Brilliant blog about all the UK No 1 albums.
phoenix83
Manager

Postby phoenix83 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:18 pm

Formusic wrote:
#LEGEND...wait for it...ARY, she will reach Evert next year to become the US player with the most GS titles 8-)
Serena needs to win 3 more slams to become the outright US player with the most slams;

19 - Helen Wills Moody
18 - Chris Evert/ Martina Navratilova (you can exclude her if you want to call her Czech, but she did have US nationality)
17 - Serena Williams
http://nobilliards.blogspot.co.uk/ <---- Brilliant blog about all the UK No 1 albums.
phoenix83
Manager

Postby Formusic » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:29 pm

phoenix83 wrote:
Formusic wrote:
Serena needs to win 3 more slams to become the outright US player with the most slams;

19 - Helen Wills Moody
18 - Chris Evert/ Martina Navratilova (you can exclude her if you want to call her Czech, but she did have US nationality)
17 - Serena Williams
ow, thanks for the information :D

she s 5 titles away from Graaf :o with the actual competition, she could reach it unless a major player emerges, Azarenka is good but she s still fragile
The yuppies networking, the panic, the vomit, the panic, the vomit, God loves his children, God loves his children...yeah.
Formusic
Manager

Postby JasonJ » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:26 am

samra wrote:YAS SLAYRENA!!! She's coming to snatch Graff's wig.

I know I am late with this comment, but I laughed my socks off again with Samra :lol: :lol:
JasonJ
Superstar

Postby cidermaster » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:22 pm

Its an opinion and i know a lot about tennis and have followed the sport for decades,and yes Nadal is a greater match player than Federer,the point being both are all time greats and so to have a brilliant winning record against another all time great is all time great!!

Also its 8-2 to Nadal in Grand Slam meetings!!!!!!!!!!!! Federer has only beat Nadal on one GS Surface,Nadal has beaten Federer on all 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nadal has won a GS Title without dropping a set,Federer has not.

If Bjorn Borg peaked in today's game he would trouble Nadal more!!

Nadal pays respect to fellow players better than Federer.

Nadal has the best winning record against the top 10 of his era for over 30 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cidermaster
Legend

Postby phoenix83 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:18 pm

cidermaster wrote:Its an opinion and i know a lot about tennis and have followed the sport for decades,and yes Nadal is a greater match player than Federer,the point being both are all time greats and so to have a brilliant winning record against another all time great is all time great!!

Also its 8-2 to Nadal in Grand Slam meetings!!!!!!!!!!!! Federer has only beat Nadal on one GS Surface,Nadal has beaten Federer on all 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That last statement isn't true: Federer won the AO 2007 without dropping a set.

cidermaster wrote:If Bjorn Borg peaked in today's game he would trouble Nadal more!!
Well yes, obviously, because Borg was another titan on clay, so the two of them would have likely shared the FO titles, so Nadal's slam count would be lower. However, I doubt that Borg would have reduced Federer's slam count much, if he had played in this era.

cidermaster wrote:Nadal pays respect to fellow players better than Federer.

Nadal has the best winning record against the top 10 of his era for over 30 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He has great winning records against everybody, yes. But he misses huge periods due to injury and has been far less consistent than Federer over his career.

Nadal is a great, yes, but at the moment, Federer is GOAT.
phoenix83
Manager

Postby JasonJ » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:14 pm

Just FYI

Venus just knocked out Victoria Azarenka in the 2nd round of Tokyo
Straight sets 6 2, 6 4
Venus of old is back.
I saw flashes of her brilliance already during her 1st round bout with Flipkens.....

Now she knocks off Azarenka, world #2
I hope Vee can keep her consistency
JasonJ
Superstar

Postby ginnyfan » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:08 pm

cidermaster wrote:Its an opinion and i know a lot about tennis and have followed the sport for decades,and yes Nadal is a greater match player than Federer,the point being both are all time greats and so to have a brilliant winning record against another all time great is all time great!!

If Bjorn Borg peaked in today's game he would trouble Nadal more!!

Nadal pays respect to fellow players better than Federer.

PREACH IT! 8-)
BRUSHES WITH DARKNESS WON'T HELP YOU CREATE
ginnyfan
Superstar

Postby cidermaster » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:56 am

Oh i forgot Federer won a GS without dropping a set!!! Anyway the reason why Federer crashed out the US Open because he had Nadal at the back and middle of his mind,he knew Nadal was waiting and his head went,if they had met,Nadal would have destroyed him in straight sets!!!!! And he was very aware of that.

Did you know Bjorn Borg could run the 100m in 10.6!!!!! Unreal speed,with the modern equipment and much fairer courts today he would also have a good winning record against Federer!
cidermaster
Legend

Postby Formusic » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:07 pm

I wonder if Federer will be present in 2014 ! I hope he can win a GS title for his last season, like Pete Sampras did at the US Open ! though it will be very hard
Formusic
Manager

Return to Sport