FIFA World Cup 2014

Postby ANH » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:21 am

June 12, 2014 - July 13, 2014

Anyone excited for this?

I meet Brazilian tourists nearly everyday, and they're making me very anxious for this. I'm going to make a great effort and try to go to Rio de Janeiro this summer and bask in the splendor of the celebrations! ANH to RIO!

Last edited by ANH on Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
b u r n u p II t u r n up II t u r n t up all the way
ANH
Superstar

Postby Plym » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:29 am

well australia has qualified so thats exciting but ill get more excited closer to the date, especially if england get in.
Plym
Take Care

Postby oasisbobo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:19 pm

I'm looking forward to it. No Scotland as ever though!
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby cidermaster » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:44 pm

The World Cup is not what it used to be,most of the last 5 have been poor on the whole.
cidermaster
Legend

Postby Wardo » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:47 pm

ANH wrote:I'm going to make a great effort and try to go to Rio de Janeiro this summer and bask in the splendor of the celebrations! ANH to RIO!
We could meet up :o
Wardo
Knight of Cups

Postby Virgostar » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:42 am

I'll probably watch, since we (Australia) qualified again. Just hoping that we don't get dudded again like we infamously did in 2006. Don't know how we'll go this time, hopefully we'll do better than we did in 2010, but given that we have an aging side, it's hard to tell.
Let's embrace the point of no return.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby Rihab » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:04 pm

Paraguay is totally destroying Germany right now, 15 minutes and 2-0 already. :o
Rihab
Legend

Postby Phoenixx » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:22 am

Rihab95 wrote:Paraguay is totally destroying Germany right now, 15 minutes and 2-0 already. :o
Haha in the World Cup we will become the 3rd Rank again! :roll: :lol:
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby stevyy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:29 am

MarcusDGST6811 wrote:
Rihab95 wrote:Paraguay is totally destroying Germany right now, 15 minutes and 2-0 already. :o
Germany's goal must always be to be better than England. France and Italy are always difficult to beat.. the rest well.. not so much.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Michiel » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:20 pm

stevyy wrote:
MarcusDGST6811 wrote:
Germany's goal must always be to be better than England. France and Italy are always difficult to beat.. the rest well.. not so much.
Lol what are u drinking?

This is the world cup, not the euro cup. Teams like Japan & Colombia went from good to really good. Brazil and Argentina are on the same level as Germany & spain etc. There are quite alot of underdogs this time. The difference between the best club and the weakest one is significant smaller this world cup.

England and France actually have nothing to brag about at the start of this world cup. Alot of clubs played on a higher level during the last qualification rounds.
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby Wardo » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:29 pm

stevyy clearly has not been watching the latest cups! :lol:

I'm excited for the final draw!!!
Wardo
Knight of Cups

Postby Michiel » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:10 pm

Wardo wrote:stevyy clearly has not been watching the latest cups! :lol:

I'm excited for the final draw!!!
Me too tomorrow! Finally! I hope we draw something nice... It's the first time in 12 years we play in a big tournament again. We can't draw Argentina, Urugay, Brazil, Germany or Spain because we're also in pot number 1. So that's a plus already :P.
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby Formusic » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:28 pm

Since the US team won t be a threat for this, I m rooting for Brazil , though they haven t a magical team like they had back then with likes of Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldhino etc :cry:
The yuppies networking, the panic, the vomit, the panic, the vomit, God loves his children, God loves his children...yeah.
Formusic
Manager

Postby Spartan » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:44 pm

Wardo wrote:stevyy clearly has not been watching the latest cups! :lol:
:lol: @ him calling England and France difficult to beat. They've both been off-form the last few years. I'd be more worried about the likes of Spain, Holland and Portugal.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Michiel » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:46 pm

^The netherlands lost alot of their feathers the last two years. They building it up again now, but I doubt it will be enough time for june 2014. The biggest threats are Brazil, Argentina, Germany & Spain for me. Underdogs: Chile, Côte d'Ivoire, Japan, Columbia & Italy (& maybe portugal). Netherlands, England & France got the quality but not the momentum. Don't know about Mexico.
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby Wardo » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:34 pm

Spartan wrote:I'd be more worried about the likes of Spain, Holland and Portugal.
I agree.

Though France, England and Italy have the History at their sides, the three you cited are in a better moment. I'd add Germany.

MichielMC wrote:Don't know about Mexico.
Mexico had a poor qualification and I'm actually rooting for them to be in Brazil's group. This or Iran, Honduras, Australia...

If tomorrow Italy and France are picked up for my group.... :roll: :lol:
Wardo
Knight of Cups

Postby stevyy » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:08 am

i never even said that england was hard to beat... I said it should be Germany's goal to always be better than England. France is always the underdog and sneaks right in there. Argentina, Brazil are always hard to beat.. but Argentina is overhyped, we beat them in the past. :P
stevyy
Legend

Postby Michiel » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:23 am

Wardo wrote:
Spartan wrote:I'd be more worried about the likes of Spain, Holland and Portugal.
I agree.

Though France, England and Italy have the History at their sides, the three you cited are in a better moment. I'd add Germany.

MichielMC wrote:Don't know about Mexico.
Mexico had a poor qualification and I'm actually rooting for them to be in Brazil's group. This or Iran, Honduras, Australia...

If tomorrow Italy and France are picked up for my group.... :roll: :lol:
you mean 'or' or 'and'? Cause you can't pick both for one group, both are in the same loting pot. Both in the same group is impossible. Who's gay around here? lol.

Never mind, I was wrong :D.
Last edited by Michiel on Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby Michiel » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:16 pm

Official Groups of the FIFA world cup 2014:

Group A
- Brazil (seed).
- Croatia.
- Mexico.
- Cameroon.

Group B
- Spain (seed).
- Netherlands.
- Chile.
- Australia.

Group C
- Columbia (seed).
- Greece.
- Cotes D'ivoire.
- Japan.

Group D
- Urugay (seed).
- Costa Rica.
- England.
- Italy.

Group E
- Switzerland (seed).
- Ecuador.
- France.
- Honduras.

Group F
- Argentina (seed).
- Bosnia - Herzegovina.
- Iran.
- Nigeria.

Group G
- Germany (seed).
- Portugal
- Ghana.
- USA.

Group H
- Belgium (seed).
- Algeria.
- Russia.
- South - Korea.

Some tough groups, especially D, B & G.
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby Wardo » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:26 pm

Talk about bad luck... Brazil will meet Spain or Netherlands in the Round of 16 :x

Death Group is obviously D. Have fun, Italy!

I'm also pissed France and Argentina might have an easy path....

Michiel, Belgium will slay.
Wardo
Knight of Cups

Postby Brad » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:31 pm

Bye, England.
Brad
Winter Is Coming

Postby Michiel » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:35 pm

Wardo wrote:
Michiel, Belgium will slay.
They Should! But you never know with us... Anyway I'm more scared about the 2nd round: (Probably) Portugal or Germany. Buh.
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby Michiel » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:41 pm

I can't wait for it to start!

Wardo are you going to watch some matches live in brazil? I know brazil is big but wondering, maybe some of them are playing close to you!
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby Wardo » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:44 pm

MichielMC wrote:Wardo are you going to watch some matches live in brazil? I know brazil is big but wondering, maybe some of them are playing close to you!
I live very close to one of the host cities (São Paulo), but I'm not sure if I'll have the money to go, it's absurd :-?

But I want to go back to Rio in 2014, so I will make something to be in the stadium.
Wardo
Knight of Cups

Postby Michiel » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:47 pm

Wardo wrote:
MichielMC wrote:Wardo are you going to watch some matches live in brazil? I know brazil is big but wondering, maybe some of them are playing close to you!
I live very close to one of the host cities (São Paulo), but I'm not sure if I'll have the money to go, it's absurd :-?

But I want to go back to Rio in 2014, so I will make something to be in the stadium.
Haha I hope you can pull it off! Would be an awesome experience. I also looked at the prices but it's pure madness especially if you also need to fly from Europe. Oh well, I'll be sitting in front of my TV every night 8-).
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Return to Sport