UK Big Brother 2017

Postby Thriller » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:52 pm

I've caught up on the last week's worth...

Shaun was terrible in his task, what a flop. He should've hammed it up a bit. I can't work out if he takes himself really seriously or he's being ironic at times.

Shame about Dawn Ward backing out.

Can't believe Brandi is only 36 - would've said she was late 40s. Also Chad looks ten years older.

Sam and Jordan were really irritating at the start but the excitement seems to have died down for them a bit now. I think their breed of reality "star" needs killing off, it's such a bad example to young men.

Amelia and Sarah were such a cat's chorus on The Promise :lol: I don't get why they all fancy Amelia, I think she's quite butch. She's obviously more interested in Sam so should put boring Chad out of his misery. Sarah's obviously quite paranoid about people's perceptions and is taking her nomination to heart massively, it's like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Paul is such a wanker and actually quite aggressive/offensive a lot of the time and I don't like how he's being toward Karthik; "you need to change your name then" :o Sick of him thinking he's the voice of reason of the house and acting like he's a serious actor but also playing the "dangerous Danan" card when it suits :rolleyes:

I quite like Trisha, she's a bit of a baby but she's quite upfront and fun; the washcloths breakdown was quite amusing.

There's a fair few people not really doing much. I'm placing Sandy top just because she's asserting herself well and being a good character.

RANKING:

1 Sandi
2 Amelia
3 Trisha
4 Sarah
5 Karthik
6 Jemma
7 Marissa
8 Derek
9 Shaun
10 Helen
11 Brandi
12 Sam
13 Jordan
14 Chad
15 Paul
Thriller

Postby nas » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:50 pm

This is the first series I've watched since it finished on channel 4 with the ultimate one, I used to watch it religiously and then completely stopped. Apart from Sandi I could easily find reasons to vote for all of them, what ghaslty people, what a terrible advert for plastic surgery. It's still quite addictive with all the bitching and love triangle etc. What I really hate though is someone that always shit stirs and continually judges everyone and everything, that person is Paul.
nas
Manager

Postby SholasBoy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:14 pm

I feel like I'm watching scenes from those awful made in essex chelsea on the beach programmes, they're constantly having those conversations as though it's all been set up and scripted, or are they just so used to behaving like that that it's just become what they do?

I remember in early seasons there were times were they were giving topics and issues to talk about (other than who is the biggest game player), nowadays they can't hold a real conversation, so more mature housemates get accused of being "boring" and can't find anyone to have an intelligent conversation with.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Thriller » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:15 am

Channel 5 and MTV are owned by the same people so they both serve to promote each other hence the constant push of GS and EOTB idiots.

Poor Marissa, I think she had more to give. Karthik should've gone. At least it stops Jordan from getting his hands on her.
Thriller

Postby Thriller » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:19 pm

Jemma just went right down in my estimations, whereas Sarah handled herself well (until the diary room).

Jordan was acting like a baby "no one will let me speak! I've been through shit too!" :roll:
Thriller

Postby johnny_d » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:06 pm

I hate Paul and Gemma and lowkey almost everyone else. Sarah is getting it at all angles for the most exaggerated reasons ever. I hope she comes out on top. Really rooting for her.
Remember us in AmenJena...

...If we could just go back to the start
johnny_d
Manager

Postby nas » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:59 pm

Sarah has a fan base???

Jemma saying that Sarah got all personal lol, maybe I need to rewind but I thought Jemma started it by calling Sarah a slag.
nas
Manager

Postby LongingHeart » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:35 am

omg I would slap the sh*t out of Paul gosh......
I really like almost no one in this house lol I like Brandi... and maybe Trish?!
they are all just so stupid omg
Shame on me for changing.... no no no... shame on you for stayin' the same.
LongingHeart
Manager

Postby NoAngels » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:01 am

Yall should vote for Trisha. She is my fav YouTuber!!!
Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.
NoAngels
Superstar

Postby SholasBoy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:49 pm

Well Karthik interviewed slightly better than Marissa who just spat her dummy out, but he was pretty irritating constantly trying to make jokes and falling flat. Jemma is coming across really badly, she is very aggressive and just nasty, I would be scared of her in the house, she looks like a crack head too. I had to keep reminding myself what a douche Chad is, because I was actually starting to warm to him a little on tonights show, he actually seems quite nice when he isn't fluffing up his feathers. Sandi will easily win this, she seems unshakable and will show Channel 5 yet again what they seem to be missing is that the public like someone they can relate to which fans have been telling them for years, but I'm sure we'll still get a bunch of ex-reality stars on next years "regular" show.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Thriller » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:20 pm

Karthik was so annoying in his interview, milking his last few minutes of "fame".

Trisha has walked and posted an expletive-ridden video on her channel slagging the show. What a grotesque woman.

Sarah to win.
Thriller

Postby SholasBoy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:26 pm

I think Sarah lost her chance of winning tonight. Sandi Bogle to win!!
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Plym » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:52 am

I went off Trisha the minute she said to Sam that she could order her fans to destroy him on social media if she wanted and that all her exes have had to delete their Instagram.
She is vile. I watched her latest YouTube video and she really is trash.
She did nothing in the house but whine and she seemed to pick a new housemate to hate everyday for no reason.

She needs to be surrounded by yes people and doesn't seem to want to come out of her YouTube bubble. Obsessed with followers too as she kept mentioning on the video how many more she had than Sarah Harding.
Plym
Take Care

Postby aaliyahman » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:21 pm

SholasBoy wrote:I think Sarah lost her chance of winning tonight. Sandi Bogle to win!!
I agree, she looked desperate and weak.

The whole 'OMG she has a boyfriend on the outside' whipped up by Mini Mama June (Amelia) annoyed me too.

I hate showmances, especially in the 'celebrity' edition as it's always contrived with one celebrity trying to raise their status by being with another one.

Sarah is too old and actually famous in this country to have her head turned by an American nobody.

Amelia is bitter because she thought she had Sam and Chad in the palm of her hand and now she's only been left with the redundant man child dingbat Sam.

Every time that one or the moon head Jordan speaks I get instantly angry.

Trisha was a piece of crap (I have no time for insta famous or youtube famous entities). Yet some of what she said, especially towards or about the housemates was true. She went in for the money, tried to hitch a ride on the 'I hate Sarah' train, it backfired and she ultimately would lose her followers if she stayed in and was perceived too negatively.

I despise Paul Danan also, he's so good looking (well he was) but his personality and way he communicates is utterly despicable. It actually makes him hideous. That whiny, needy, conniving voice he has. So affected. He's vile.
"What goes around comes back around my baby"
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby Graham76man » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:13 pm

Watched Oklahoma on BBC Four Friday it was brilliant, and it was obvious he would go so wasn't turning over to watch an eyebrow be evicted!

Last night Trisha heard the boos and knew when she came bottom to last she wasn't going to win. So becoming the worst ever reason for quitting Big Brother yet!

Sarah is very insecure. Even when she heard the cheers the other week, it was just an excuse to be more paranoid over her housemates. Rather than seeing it as a positive it became a negative in her eyes. Yes it is a game show with people wanting to win. But are the people in so negative to be jealous of someone getting cheers? They are all celebrities so will have experienced both complements and derision from the public in the past.
For most it's water off a duck's back.
Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!
Graham76man
Manager

Postby Thriller » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:04 pm

I don't know if what Sarah did was that bad, I thought she was single? I think she genuinely likes Chad.

Trisha's exit was hilarious. What a baby.
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:56 pm

Just caught up on last night's CBB, and I might be wrong, but Sarah's reference to a boyfriend is actually an ex boyfriend whom she finished with because he didn't agree with her doing CBB? I assume she hoped to get back with him. Therefore she isn't technically cheating is she?

Everyone knows I'm a huge Girls Aloud fan and I have all 5 of their backs. I've met them all and love them. Part of me thinks Sarah is actually too famous for CBB, but the reality is she isn't A List and is struggling to find work post girl band.

In the last few years she has been dropped from Coronation Street (her role was to be permenant - she didn't audition and her guest stint of 4 episodes was to test the waters), been absolutely mauled by critics for her part in Ghost: The Musical (which was only a touring production) and her first and only solo single flopped so hard it makes Nadine's solo career look like Madonna's.

The sad truth is Sarah's career options are limited and clearly she needs the money - she turned CBB down previously and as the biggest star in the house, my guess is she's being paid handsomely for her time in the show.

For all her media training, the girl has cocked it up by going there with Chad. Now I've spent some time in the BB house and it is tiny and claustrophobic and I genuinely believe it could drive you insane. But bless her, she clearly isn't a strong person and it's so sad to see that Chad is the only one she can turn to - a man who has his own agenda. I very much doubt Sarah wants Chad - all she wants is a bit of comfort and frankly, I'm surprised none of the other girls in the house have befriended her and had her back.

But then again is there actually a strong woman in the house this time? I don't think so - Sandy is possibly the strongest but I suspect she's reluctant to acknowledge her own strength around (some) actual celebrities. Bad times for girl power.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby SholasBoy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:25 pm

Wait a minute who told Paul Dannan that 8.4 million people are watching? :lol: :lol:
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Thriller » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:56 pm

SholasBoy wrote:Wait a minute who told Paul Dannan that 8.4 million people are watching? :lol: :lol:
His agent definitely lied to him :lol:

I'm surprised how much lack of media awareness Sarah has coming from a high profile, unless she genuinely doesn't care. For the last two episodes she's seemed permanently drunk.
Thriller

Postby aaliyahman » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:27 am

The whole show was a cringefest last night.

I agree Sarah does seem 'too famous' for the show. It makes her seem like the complete weak link of the group.

I hate when they ask her about the other girls because her answers are basically 'nah the binned me off'.

Sarah, was never a very good singer and I was always a girls aloud fan apart from Sarah's.

I was supporting her a lot during the BB stint until she started 'he's my best mate in here'. She also seems very needy, desperate and needs constant reassurance on breathing.
"What goes around comes back around my baby"
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby SholasBoy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:45 pm

They're all so awful, you just don't know whos side to take in a war between Paul and Jemma. I think Sandi, Helen and Barry are the only ones I like, I'm over Sarah too, she's such a whinging fool.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby menime123 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:38 pm

Jemma is one of the nastiest pieces of work to ever enter the house.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:39 pm

I feel so sorry for poor Sarah. I don’t think she does herself any favours, but I think everyone in there knows she’s the one to beat. I do love that Sarah is clearly using Chad - and which guy wouldn’t go along with it? :lol:

Gutted Gemma stayed - Sarah’s face said it ALL :lol:
menime123
Superstar

Postby Plym » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:03 pm

such a shame jordan left, he was a great housemate.
was derek even in tonights episode? why is he there?
Plym
Take Care

Postby Thriller » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:36 pm

I didn't dislike Jordan but I'm quite glad he went, I'm fed up of the cardboard cutout pretty boys sailing through to the final on their looks. He was hardly an entertaining housemate.

Surprised Helen was in the top 2 with the voters! It was quite obvious Jemma would stay as she's the anti-Sarah vote and if the crowd's chanting is anything to go by then the tide is turning against Sarah.

Sarah is now irritating me and making herself look ridiculous, but Jemma is absolutely vile. I think Sarah must have some sort of personality disorder as she's constantly paranoid and seems to divert to victim very quickly... this will be have been the final nail in the coffin for her career anyway.
Thriller

Return to Entertainment