The Apprentice 2017 (FINAL - Sunday 17th December)

Moderators: Spartan, menime123

Postby biscuits » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:33 pm

Joanna did well. Actually, my 3 least faves were all on the same team and they lost - great!
biscuits
The Diva

Postby aaliyahman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:36 pm

biscuits wrote:Joanna did well. Actually, my 3 least faves were all on the same team and they lost - great!
Are you me?!?
"What goes around comes back around my baby"
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby BehindBreakaway » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:42 pm

I loved the episode. Not the final five that I expected though lol
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby menime123 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:01 pm

I fear for Elizabeth next week, but if she still kicked out, I hope to god she goes into the all female celeb Big Brother in January - she’ll be wonderful :lol:
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:22 pm

I watched the Final Five special episode.

I didn't realise that Sarah was on the winning team 8 times - the most of anyone. Never has anyone won so many times whilst being so insignificant (according to TV time anyway).

I think the final two will either be James vs. Sarah or James vs. Joanna.

I'm still rooting for Elizabeth but would love a Michaela or James win as well.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Thriller » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:21 pm

Didn't they say Joanna had the best track record? I didn't realise Michaela had a son or that James used to have such hideous teeth :lol:
Thriller

Postby Wayne » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:58 am

Loved the interviews episode.

I thought the woman that accused our Liz of having an attitude was a right cow.

I nearly wet myself when that interviewer took out the sweets and disproved Sarah’s claim that her business idea was unique. :lol:

Had Michaela not got 14,000 businesses to run, she’d have been in the finale with James.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Thriller » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:46 am

Linda was a vile bitch! Elizabeth and Michaela dealt with her well.

I'm a bit gutted for Michaela actually, Sarah's a dull candidate and her business is two-a-penny. It's a bit of a vanilla final tbh.
Thriller

Postby SholasBoy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:45 pm

Linda was a bitter old bitch. It's a terrible final 2, both with no personality, for me Michaela was the only one who was a dead cert for the final, so it's a real shame she got kicked out to leave them two. I can't see how Alan can be interested in either a replica small time sweet business, or James trying to become the wolf of wall street after getting sacked from his last job. Terrible final.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby biscuits » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:47 pm

Yeah, boring final 2. I hate when people who have a business plan like James (recruitment) get to the final because I don't have a clue what they're talking about. Happened with Mark a couple of years ago, and he ended up winning over our Bianca and her coloured tights.

Micheala - wow, what an incredible businesswoman she is! Love the fact that she doesn't really need this at all, and I think that's what bruised Sugar's ego.

Sarah's plan is kinda similar to Alana from last year, no? Sweets and all that.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby iMacourey » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:18 pm

It really annoyed me how James got off so lightly for that fake accreditation. If he's used it on a live website already, surely that's fraud?

I think it's a shame Joanna's plan lacked the detail it needed, because I thought her idea was the best one (and not too dissimilar to Bianca's tights in the way the business would run). But I guess she'll learn from experience.

Overall this has been a pretty poor series, and this is probably going to be the weakest final we've seen in years. Lord Sugar should just donate the money to charity rather than being forced to pick a winner by default.
iMacourey
Roadie

Postby biscuits » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:38 pm

Ended up liking Joanna in the end. In fact, the fired 3 were my favourites.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby aaliyahman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:50 pm

It really has been one of the most entertaining but least credible series. The two finalists are full as dishwater and I’m sick of Sir Alan discount the tasks in order of just ‘who he wants’. Why the hell accept Joanna and her business plan if she was never ever going to be in the final.
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby biscuits » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:53 pm

aaliyahman wrote:It really has been one of the most entertaining but least credible series. The two finalists are full as dishwater and I’m sick of Sir Alan discount the tasks in order of just ‘who he wants’. Why the hell accept Joanna and her business plan if she was never ever going to be in the final.
This is the problem with the format now. You could be the star player every week but ultimately, it comes down to your business plan.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby aaliyahman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:04 pm

Yea i really don’t understand the justification tbh. They should either have a week where they ‘enhance’ their business plan. I mean I’m pretty sure they learn something throughout the process yet that is discounted. This is just Dragons Den with a bunch of pointless challenges before it.
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby iMacourey » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:06 pm

aaliyahman wrote:It really has been one of the most entertaining but least credible series. The two finalists are full as dishwater and I’m sick of Sir Alan discount the tasks in order of just ‘who he wants’. Why the hell accept Joanna and her business plan if she was never ever going to be in the final.
Exactly. He would have known from the start that although she currently works in marketing, her plan is to start a business in fashion. Why put her through the bother of the process if he's going to drop her for lack of experience at this stage?
iMacourey
Roadie

Postby SholasBoy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:44 pm

That is the thing that annoys me about the current format too. We have weeks of seeing whether candidates can put on a fashion show, sell popcorn or take people on a tour of a city they've never been to in order to whittle them down to a point where they'll be discarded anyone on a completely different business plan that they've had from the start anyway.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Wayne » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:00 pm

I didn't known until BehindBreakaway just confirmed it, but the finale is tonight!!!
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:31 pm

Just OMG at "Sarah's Chic Sweets" :lol:
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:44 pm

Sarah's sweets product. :o

I bloody love it.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:11 pm

WHAT.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby BehindBreakaway » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:01 am

Amazing
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby iMacourey » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:08 am

One thing I never understand about these finals is, why does everyone always spend so much time struggling to think of a brand name? You'd think they'd know by now that they have to come up with a new brand and should therefore have an idea before the process even begins.

Don't have any strong feelings about the result either way. It's been a pretty poor series overall and the result did nothing to change that.
iMacourey
Roadie

Postby Wayne » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:52 am

I personally loved last night's finale, I thought it was a better standard than the series as a whole - really bizarre.

Really enjoyed Siobhan giving Michaela grief - Siobhan is literally my idea of a nightmare teammate. :lol:
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Thriller » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:40 pm

What a BLADDY SHAMBLES :lol: both hired? Cop out of extremes!

Really impressed with Sarah during her pitch, she was so composed and professional! With some tweaking her product and brand could be good. James was a bit giddy and his lack of maturity came through but I'm sure it was down to nerves. I'd have gone with Sarah - a more assured bet of actually making money when James' business could fold at any second. His website and branding was AWFUL too. Looked like an easyJet type budget business.

That said, I think James had more ambition and tenacity, Sarah has a family and didn't seem to have the same amount of drive.

Good to see Elizabeth being her usual brash self and howling at Claude's Ann Summers joke.
Thriller

Return to TV