The X Factor 2018

Moderators: Spartan, menime123

Postby Graham76man » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:57 am

Thriller wrote:Dalton won the Jamaican equivalent of this show in 2010 :lol: probably invited by the team then.

Acacia and Aaliyah are the only ones with a shot at a hit in today’s market.

Dalton and Scarlett might be able to each get a top 10 album if promoted properly but I don’t see longevity in any of them. We’ve seen many great male vocalists win this and The Voice and they all go one way (aside James Arthur as an exception but he’s hardly racking up smash hits).

If I was Simon, I’d rest this for a year and relaunch Popstars The Rivals. It’d be interesting to launch a new boyband and girl group for the streaming era.
It's very clear that Dalton wasn't invited by anybody and since 2010 nobody else has heard of him. From the reaction of the crowd and judges, plus nearly all the guest artists it's very clear that Dalton will be a star. Lots of singers will want to work with him. Very different to many X-Factor acts.

James Arthur was a success because he survived from being in the bottom two, when the ridiculous phone vote system had the two best singers in the bottom two and the worst singer topping the vote all series till that disaster, when the best singer was chucked out! The judges that series were devastated at the result but they all thought James would get the boot, when they threw it open to the public vote. James didn't. The following weeks everyone was so shocked they picked up the phones and made sure James won.

Boyband's and Girl Groups for the streaming era? :roll:
They only really worked for the download era, with fans getting the record in the first week.
The streaming era so far has seen solo acts topping the chart, generally ones that do there own material. He would be better resurrecting Pop Idol, with the strict instruction that the contestants must be able to write their own songs.

Whatever we think, X-Factor will be back next year because they have been marketing during the series for the next set of contestants to audition.

I just hope they get rid of that JUST EAT lot. They were really annoying this year. :evil:
Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!
Graham76man
Manager

Postby JakeP » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:34 pm

Graham76man wrote:He would be better resurrecting Pop Idol, with the strict instruction that the contestants must be able to write their own songs.
Simon would never allow his acts to write their own songs whilst they're taking part in a tv competition. He wants to be the one making all the money and avoid having to pay out royalties to contestants who just happened to write a bonafide worldwide smash. :lol:

Also that idea sounds so much like Fame academy though! :P
JakeP
Superstar

Postby BehindBreakaway » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:20 am

JakeP wrote:
Graham76man wrote:He would be better resurrecting Pop Idol, with the strict instruction that the contestants must be able to write their own songs.
Simon would never allow his acts to write their own songs whilst they're taking part in a tv competition. He wants to be the one making all the money and avoid having to pay out royalties to contestants who just happened to write a bonafide worldwide smash. :lol:

Also that idea sounds so much like Fame academy though! :P
Umm rak su wrote most of their songs for the live shows last year. As did Grace....
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby Graham76man » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:08 am

Some of them this year also wrote their own songs. However it is risky singing your own songs as contestants found out this year. You have to get the people to pick up the phone to vote, if they don't know what you are singing about they will not vote for you.
It's much more of a risk for the contestants. Simon would of course get a cut of any payment from songs written by X-Factor acts on the show, since they are all put out under his label. So I don't think he would bother if the contestants were singing their own songs. It would actually work out cheaper, since the royalty rates on hit songs would be much more expensive than anything a new artist would put out. However I think the main problem would be if people would watch new material being sung?
I certainly don't think it would work on X-Factor as some people might well turn over if they don't know the songs.
Graham76man
Manager

Postby BehindBreakaway » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:06 am

It really all depends on the songs. Rak Su killed it with their originals. Some still get stuck in my head over a year later. If the song and performance are good, then it doesn't matter. Look at Fleur East singing Uptown Funk which was basically unknown in the UK, but because of her performance they had to rush release it and it went to number 1. That was a lot down to her performance.
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby Graham76man » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:41 am

The performance downloads did very badly in the iTunes charts this year. With nothing even reaching number 20.
I think we can put this down to Apple Music streams, eating into download sales, rather than the audience figures for the show

Dalton is still top on the other sites, but down to 3 on iTunes.
I've always thought that the performance sales would be better on Amazon and the other sites. I think iTunes buyers are more interested in Rap/Hip Hop than pop music associated with X-Factor.
Graham76man
Manager

Postby RonaldCain » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:45 am

I am waiting for new season with gladness :lol: My team Edubirdie team (https://edubirdie.com/college-term-paper) always watch this show after work. New judges format is great and awesome :o
RonaldCain
Groupie

Return to TV