This Is Us

Postby Thriller » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:41 pm

OMG it's back? Downloading immediately.
Thriller

Postby Spartan » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:11 pm

JSparksFan wrote:So happy for Sterling K. Brown's Emmy win! Totally deserved!

As for the season premiere, it was terrific. Randall's wife won the episode for me, but it'll never cease to amaze me how ridiculously, and un-cheesy, sweet this show is.
I think Beth is actually my favourite character. I find the big three quite annoying at times and very self-involved.

That last scene though. Wow. Crying and shocked.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Benny » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:23 am

The relationship between Jack and Kate is the greatest father-daughter relationship I've ever seen on TV.
Benny
Legend

Postby Thriller » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:31 pm

Loved Beth in the premiere, Randall's overzealous and stubborn behaviour is really grating at times.

So we finally have a huge clue to the way he died :cry:
Thriller

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:16 pm

Benny wrote:The relationship between Jack and Kate is the greatest father-daughter relationship I've ever seen on TV.
I agree! Kate is so annoying sometimes, but her scenes with her father are usually gold.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:29 pm

JSparksFan wrote:
Benny wrote:The relationship between Jack and Kate is the greatest father-daughter relationship I've ever seen on TV.
I agree! Kate is so annoying sometimes, but her scenes with her father are usually gold.
AdultKate is the worst. I think they all give Rebecca far too much slack to be honest.

I wonder that at the time, if they realised how successful the show would become, they'd have still killed Jack off. I think seeing Jack in present day would have been amazing.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Benny » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:48 am

Spartan wrote:I wonder that at the time, if they realised how successful the show would become, they'd have still killed Jack off. I think seeing Jack in present day would have been amazing.
It was definitely a mistake to have Jack killed off. They wouldn't have done it had they known that the show would have several seasons.
Benny
Legend

Postby Spartan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:44 pm

That was a pretty good guest turn by Sylvester Stallone. Milo Ventimiglia continues to put awesome performances.
Spartan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:24 pm

I just caught up on the two most recent episodes, and, as always, great stuff all around.

The teenage girl Randall and Beth adopted is proving to be a handful. I look forward to seeing her eventually come around, but I love that household's storyline so much. Randall and Beth are both gold-star parents, and their daughters reflect the awesomeness of their parents. I did scream a bit when the younger one asked, "Can we give her back?" :lol: :lol: :lol:
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Benny » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:47 am

JSparksFan wrote:I did scream a bit when the younger one asked, "Can we give her back?" :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: I loved that line as well! :lol:
Benny
Legend

Postby Thriller » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:32 pm

Randall's youngest daughter is so damn cute! I hope the foster girl doesn't cause them too many issues.
Thriller

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:09 am

"No black man will ever be jealous of being auctioned. #americanhistory" :lol: That was a bit of a heavier joke, but Sterling K. Brown can pull off practically anything.

Overall, average episode, by the show's own high standards. We got some great Toby scenes, though. He brings so much life to the show. I adore him, and his character is absolutely necessary to balance Kate's miserable self-loathing.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Thriller » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:58 pm

This episode proved just how different Kevin and Randall are, they could both learn a lot from each other even now.

I hope Kate's pregnancy works out cos I can't cope with her being miserable.

The reveal of Jack's brother was a nice touch and linked in to the camping scenes.
Thriller

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:20 am

The most recent episode made me tear up in those final few minutes. :cry:
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Thriller » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:49 pm

I loved the flashback to nine years before, especially the stuff around Tess's birth. Kid Randall is actually so cute.

One of the only things that irks me about this show is how Rebecca calls Kate "bug" :x
Thriller

Postby Spartan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:34 pm

Mandy Moore was great in that Tess episode.

Latest one wasn’t too bad. I’m not really too bothered about William flashbacks. Next three episodes focus on the Big Three. Not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.
Spartan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:36 am

Good episode last week. The interaction between Randall and Deja's maternal mother was the highlight for me.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Thriller » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:10 am

JSparksFan wrote:Good episode last week. The interaction between Randall and Deja's maternal mother was the highlight for me.
Yeah I liked Randall in that episode. Kate was also likeable. It was just Kevin who was being a pain! The link between William and Randall and the judges was nice too.
Thriller

Postby Spartan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:27 pm

Last episode broke me, fantastic acting from Justin Hartley.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Thriller » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:28 pm

Great episode and then a curveball right at the end!
Thriller

Return to TV